• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[FAQ] Help, I am being plundered!

• Thread starter DeletedUser8152
  • Start date

Algona

Better to look at it a holistic viewpoint, present all ways there are do not assume your method works all the time

You've written a lot and it's crammed full with a lot of very useful valuable and helpful information. But no one will ever benefit from it.

tl;dr

Let me explain. With more tl;dr

You desperately need an editor. Your post is horribly disorganized, poorly written, and just too damn long.

You're writing to players who are pissed off whining ranting because they feel victimized because players better then them are stealing from them. They are ignorant of this aspect of the game or else they wouldn't be here. ,And the first thing they read is paragraphs of you telling them they are wrong.
Followed by numbing confusing pages of incomprehensible information they can'l understand.

Srop for a moment.

I've just treated you the way you treated the plunderees in your post.

I'm telling you what you did wrong. You don't like it much do you? Makes you want to ignore everything else I have to say, eh?

Think about how you feel this moment and apply it to what you wrote.

DON'T GET ME WRONG! I'll repeat it: You've written useful valuable information. But in it's current state useless to the folks you are writing to.

You cover and inter mix three interrelated deep topics. Mitigating plundering, city defense, and chastising players for being upset.

The majority of the post, city defence, as mentioned upthread, is a years long hotly contested topic. top notch players in the game disagree on it. Worse defence is nowhere near the most effective technique for mitigating plundering because of time to develop, expense, and city space. It works but it's slow. And since it;s not well laid out and intermixed with other topics it;s confusing.

Get an editor, and no I am not volunteering. I won't waste my time trying to explain indepth city defense to n00bs, and I've already written a guide to mitigating plundering. There;s a few copies strewn throughout this thread.

Players in this thread want and need fast easy answers. And there is one.

----------

Tavern Shield, plunderproofing the city, Collect On Time, manipulating hood placement, motivated buildings, defence, counterattacking, diplomacy. Those are the steps in order of effectiveness to mitigate plundering.

Exactly one of these is sustainable, effective, and can be implemented immediately.

Collect On Time, the real one as in my signature is the third most effective plunder mitigation and easiest (aside from Tavern Shield) for any player to implement. It promotes good play in other ways.

Collect On Time shifts the mindset from playing a game the plunderee can't win any time sonn: defending their city, to a game they can win: preventing getting plundered. This change in mindset is critical, it enables the player to have a positive attitude to mitigating plundering.

Most important a player can start right now. Today.

Is Collect On Time the perfect answer? Hell no. But your reasons for dismissing it are specious corner cases. Collect On Time is effective enough to be the primary method of plunder mitigation used by many top players. If you read the Plunder progress thread, you'll see that a lot of the rabid plunderers agree with that as well.

Collect On Time is easily the best single answer, it's easy to understand, it's effective, it encourages better play, it changes their attitude for the better, and they can do it right now.

----------

And yeah, I recognize the irony of my tl;dr response.

Last edited:

Jern2017

As a heavy plunderer, collecting on time is the best defense in my opinion as well. I've encountered a few people who were really good at doing it. One of them once kept force leveling my Great Buildings so I tried really hard to plunder him. I was checking his city multiple times a day and was attacking him at different times for as long as we were neighbors, but never got to plunder anything.

mamboking053

Maybe so, but it was a well put together post about the subject. It started with very good points for the whiners to consider, then went into what to do about being plundered, starting with the best strategies of non-plunderable buildings and collecting on time. Only then did he go into a very good account of how to go about making a better city and a stronger defense. A lot of good information in one spot, what more could you ask from a post?

The thing about the Forum is that most newbies looking for information don't look back at old material, so repeating good information/advice is never really a bad thing.

Search functions not very helpful either...

mamboking053

As a heavy plunderer, collecting on time is the best defense in my opinion as well. I've encountered a few people who were really good at doing it. One of them once kept force leveling my Great Buildings so I tried really hard to plunder him. I was checking his city multiple times a day and was attacking him at different times for as long as we were neighbors, but never got to plunder anything.

Force leveling? Meaning he was putting FP into your GB's? How is that a bad thing?

DeletedUser37581

Force leveling? Meaning he was putting FP into your GB's? How is that a bad thing?
If your GB is sitting there needing 5 FPs to level and an hour before you can double collect, you aren't going to be exceedingly happy if someone gives you 5 FPs but took away the opportunity to gain 30 or 60 FPs.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If your GB is sitting there needing 5 FPs to level and an hour before you can double collect, you aren't going to be exceedingly happy if someone gives you 5 FPs but took away the opportunity to gain 30 or 60 FPs.
I used to think like that, too, but now if a GB of mine gets leveled I couldn't care less. Makes no difference in the grand scheme of things.

DeletedUser32328

When your GB is at the level that it gives 30 FP, 5th spot gives 10 FP. So you can leave that GB at least 10 FPs away from levelling, but more likely 18 or 19 FPs (if you're using 1.8/1.9 levelling threads) You're going to have to really piss somebody off , to get him to the point where he dumps 18 or 19 FPs just to have a chance of making you lose the double dip. Because after all, he does not know your collection time. So it's still a gamble on his side. His only guarantee is that he won't gain anything. Of all the anti-plunder techniques, this has got to be one of the most useless ones.

DeletedUser36624

You're going to have to really piss somebody off , to get him to the point where he dumps 18 or 19 FPs just to have a chance of making you lose the double dip.
I had someone dump 79 FP into my CoA to deny me a DD. I don't think I'll ever match that for pissing someone off.

Of all the anti-plunder techniques, this has got to be one of the most useless ones.
Aye. If my GB is close enough that someone could deny me more FP than they put in, then either someone way overpaid somewhere along the line or I have just collected it, and have posted it to the guild thread so the low BP slots can be taken.

DeletedUser

Knocking a GB out of sync with my collection schedule is also annoying.
I have never had a collection schedule. I really do mean it when I say that I play this game for fun and not to be tied to it. My collection 'schedule' is that if I'm on and something in my city is ready to collect, I collect it. And if I come back and something has been plundered, I simply reset it and move on. The only thing that really annoys me in the game is guild members who are only out for themselves, or ones who make all kind of excuses for why they can't/don't/won't act like they're a member of a team. (And of course the players who come here merely to whine that the game is unfair.)

DeletedUser37581

When your GB is at the level that it gives 30 FP, 5th spot gives 10 FP. So you can leave that GB at least 10 FPs away from levelling, but more likely 18 or 19 FPs (if you're using 1.8/1.9 levelling threads) You're going to have to really piss somebody off , to get him to the point where he dumps 18 or 19 FPs just to have a chance of making you lose the double dip. Because after all, he does not know your collection time. So it's still a gamble on his side. His only guarantee is that he won't gain anything. Of all the anti-plunder techniques, this has got to be one of the most useless ones.
While I don't see this as an anti-plunder technique, I thought I would mention that a level 60 Cape pays 5 FP for 5th place. Even at 1.9, it still requires leaving no more than 10 FPs to secure.

DeletedUser32328

While I don't see this as an anti-plunder technique, I thought I would mention that a level 60 Cape pays 5 FP for 5th place. Even at 1.9, it still requires leaving no more than 10 FPs to secure.
You're right. Got my numbers mixed up.

grandmaster ubero

Regarding Algon's respond to my long post about :
city defense, plunder and plundered players complaints and reactions and actions (to & after beeing plundered)

My post about plunder and city defense (how to limit attacks AND the plunder topic) is NOT intended to be a finished guide on the topics discusses here, its just my view for the most part of it, on how to defend your city IF you decide to to do so ,how to make it harder to be attacked, breached and possibly plundered.

Its arrogant to assume the only reason people are here is to soly and endlessly talk about how to stop plunder, its one of the topics not all of them within this thread.

In my opinion the forum is not just for short comments, its also for posting guides, stories and longer things than simple short commens or responses to other peoples posts!

You cannot assume there is nobody playing that doesnt enjoy sending a message to attackers like "No more" as they are denied due to better defenses, atleast for a while or that some may accept missing a collection and still want to prevent it from beeing taken.

Not everything about the defense is about avoiding just plunder, some of this is about enjoying the game by standing up to the bigger players wich can be very fun by denying them at the gates. The in-game-plunder and attacks (regardless if sucessful or not) will never stop but you can find ways to deal with it in a fun way, where its not just about collecting and also about sending a message to plunderers and attackers and enjoy them getting crushed by your mighty defense wich they may not expected.

I enjoyed it many times maybe some find that strange to do, but we all enjoy different thinsg about the game. Its narrow minded to assume all people playing and reading forums are the same, play the same and just want plunder to stop and nothing else matters or is relevant or having any reasons to be discussed.

Also saying we shouldnt post stuff already mentioned i disagree with, many search forums but only check latest post on many topics so older post even if they are great tend to get buried and rarely read in my opinion.

Also even some of my info i posted here has been posted here before this a is very long old thread i do not think most would bother going trough 40+ pages many only read first few and7or last few pages, some only last or first, its just human nature, thats why the top hits when you google a topic it worth so much, as most only read first few hits not page 50 or 99.

Also even when u do collect on time you are not 100% safe from plunder, ive expereinced this myself, if you have hundred+ items to collect this take time, a very very lucky attacker may still plunder you at the time of collect, so even when u do collect on time its not a 100% guarantee all the time, its very unlikly but possible to still be plundered even if you do not forget collect on time.

The only way to avoid it 100% is to either have nothing that can ever be plundered like only Great Buidings in your city or disconnect all buildings or use city shield all the time,all of these are either to expensive, unpractical or not fitting some players playstyle.

I think there can be enjoyment (for some players atleast)in denying bullies breaching your city, this is not just a thread for bullies or those plundered simply endlessly ranting about them beeing plundered, its for ALL players.

Then you seem to assume that everyone here are in this thread just because of the title to whine and complain?

the vast part, positive except for the respond to people whining about beeing plundered but doing nothing or little to actually resolve or limit the problem, most of my loooong original post, was mainly about helping people not complaining about them.

I was in the first part o fmy long post, trying to turn a negative thing into a positive one, by making them (the "complainers") realize they hurt themselfes by whining about it to attackers or here and benefit by listening to experienced players and taking actual, real, practical measures to minimize the problem.

i do not support the concept of 100% in practical permanent solution to plunder but thats my opinion

i know some think its possible, but i dont think so in practical terms, maybe in theory but certinly not practically possible for all players all the time, to avoid any plunder ever, if that was the case inno wouldn't bother designing GBs that helps you when you attack and plunder others!

If you do not like my post dont read it if you think its poorly edited or organized be useful then and edit it down and make shorter and better, i never claimed it was for everyone or short, its open for anyone take read or take any part of it or none of it.

Then you claim nobody would read (my long post) it how can you ever know this?

Many read posts without responding so how would you know if they read it, and some already responded so atleast some of my post was read or else there would be no specific responses to it and its flaws in this thread.

Its not edited yet as i never had time to do it, sorry if that upset you
and that it wasnt to your liking, hope you can get over it, mate (sarcasm).

I do not want to go into any more of your negative response, i try to be positive and helpful, and you only seem to want to find flaws with my post, very sad.

You should be grateful anyone with years of playtime spend any of their free time posting guides and their tips and advice to people in forums they are nice and know the game is long and complex and any help you get early on can be extremly helpful for plenty of reasons.

Last edited:

DeletedUser13838

I have never had a collection schedule. I really do mean it when I say that I play this game for fun and not to be tied to it. My collection 'schedule' is that if I'm on and something in my city is ready to collect, I collect it. And if I come back and something has been plundered, I simply reset it and move on. The only thing that really annoys me in the game is guild members who are only out for themselves, or ones who make all kind of excuses for why they can't/don't/won't act like they're a member of a team. (And of course the players who come here merely to whine that the game is unfair.)
How do you avoid being plundered without a collection schedule?