• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

FluffyPhoenix

By all means, since you are fully funded, why not just wing it? And please let us all know how it goes.

Because I am going in with a mindset similar to "I want hovers in Indy," but while in the Bronze Age. I can see right now entering the HMA maps that the scouting costs are gonna start biting me in the butt, so I want to scout through as few as possible. I'm not winging it because I want to skip as many possible side and main quests as possible.

As for the other replies, up, left, got ya. Thanks!
(Also, expansions don't matter to me at the moment. This is all about progress.)

Ben Trovato

I haven't actually gone through and figured out the absolute latest you can start saving for all the troops
If you only want to get to the hovers you probably don't need to have saved any techs prior to Indy at all.

If you've pushed ahead on the Indy map in Colonial, all you need to do is get up to Trench Fever as soon as you can, then use the researches on the Indy tree, advancing you to Boarding Houses & Law and Order, while getting you to the Peace Conference story quest. That requires the Police Stations and optionally a residential research - hence not doing Boarding Houses first.

[If you want to do the Indy bonus questline, you should have reached Enemy Propaganda, which requires a cultural research, while there's still a cultural research left to do in Indy. I tend to do most of the questline on aging up into Indy. Researching Modern Roads later, will let you finish it. ]

If you only took the necessary researches on the tree, you will have 8 Indy researches left. Reconaissance can be used to get the armoured car in Progressive. Modern Roads can be used to get the Long-lived Man in Modern and free up the bonus questline.

You need three tech researches in Postmodern (excluding the two at the end which we skip), and two in Future to reach the hovers. That leaves 1 over to get you to the end of the Future Era. You need 9 stored researches to complete AF and OF (as far as the blocker). That's the minimum number you need to have saved up to get the maximum number of troops.

Colonial 2 saveable researches: Porcelain & Industrial Goods
LMA 4: Metal Working, Aristocracy, Pest Control & Optics
HMA 7: Quality products to Water Wheels

So the answer is you can start saving a little way into the HMA tree and still get maximum Higher Age troops in Indy.

Last edited:

Ben Trovato

a mindset similar to "I want hovers in Indy," but while in the Bronze Age.

Just so long as you know you can't get hovers in BA if you can't get around the quest "Beware of the Wizard" in HMA (build a tower ruin). You also have to get past Varseilles Beauty (Colonial decorations). Do you know a way? If the idea is to not do the story line at all but keep going on the map and see what happens at the end when you go back to the story, whether you skip forward past lots of blockers, I applaud you and pity your financier.

UBERhelp1

Because I am going in with a mindset similar to "I want hovers in Indy," but while in the Bronze Age. I can see right now entering the HMA maps that the scouting costs are gonna start biting me in the butt, so I want to scout through as few as possible. I'm not winging it because I want to skip as many possible side and main quests as possible.

As for the other replies, up, left, got ya. Thanks!
(Also, expansions don't matter to me at the moment. This is all about progress.)
Iirc, when someone else was working on something similar, they found that taking the bonus provinces actually gave them more coins than they cost. Just a consideration.

FluffyPhoenix

Just so long as you know you can't get hovers in BA if you can't get around the quest "Beware of the Wizard" in HMA (build a tower ruin). You also have to get past Varseilles Beauty (Colonial decorations). Do you know a way? If the idea is to not do the story line at all but keep going on the map and see what happens at the end when you go back to the story, whether you skip forward past lots of blockers, I applaud you and pity your financier.

My current quest is to research spearfighters, so let that say something. And I'm paying the dude for the goods. This ain't free for me! My thought process is that this hasn't been fully tested, so it may be possible to skip building tower ruins just like it's possible to skip the PME end techs and "King of the Desert" if memory serves with that quest name.

Iirc, when someone else was working on something similar, they found that taking the bonus provinces actually gave them more coins than they cost. Just a consideration.

Yeah, but then they may trigger a questline that can't be skipped without moving further. That's my concern.

UBERhelp1

My current quest is to research spearfighters, so let that say something. And I'm paying the dude for the goods. This ain't free for me! My thought process is that this hasn't been fully tested, so it may be possible to skip building tower ruins just like it's possible to skip the PME end techs and "King of the Desert" if memory serves with that quest name.

Yeah, but then they may trigger a questline that can't be skipped without moving further. That's my concern.
That probably would happen unfortunately, The coin problem will get really bad, so if you can honestly get a CF or something to help with those coins, go for it. It really slows down scouting later on.

FluffyPhoenix

I could try to get a CF where I am, but it would require a lot of selective aiding. Yeah, may as well start sifting through the leaderboards for people in PE.

AceUniverse

Following the OF troops in InA guide, we begin at part 3 where we get PE to PME troops in InA. Does this mean we can also follow part 2 to get PE troops in CA as we grow, just ensuring that in part 3 we don't abort Truth or Dare?

From what I understand, from BA-CA do whatever on the continent map and just push story quest and nothing matters here (other than CA in LMA). From InA and forwards, begin to be careful with continent map and story quests since actions are impactful now.

You also mention advance to InA before starting part 3. So in your opinion, it would be to advance to CA on cMAP and then only after you get to InA on the research tree, then start to do the steps needed in the OF in InA guide. This would mean you also wouldn't do part 2 then right?

Sorry for the multiple questions, just don't want to mess anything up

I'm trying for Oceanic Future Troops in Industrial Age. I’ve just entered InA, needing to complete "the Peace Conference" by building 2 police stations. (it's going to be a long slog)
My questions.

1) Is it possible to win police stations from GE and/or Daily Quests?
Or is the only option to unlock “law and Order” tech and build 2 police stations?

2) On the Map: Any unconquered provinces that I now take on earlier Maps should not impact my progress on PE and later maps, correct? I’d like to take Desperation Province on the InA map to get that expansion.

Thank you!

UBERhelp1

Following the OF troops in InA guide, we begin at part 3 where we get PE to PME troops in InA. Does this mean we can also follow part 2 to get PE troops in CA as we grow, just ensuring that in part 3 we don't abort Truth or Dare?

From what I understand, from BA-CA do whatever on the continent map and just push story quest and nothing matters here (other than CA in LMA). From InA and forwards, begin to be careful with continent map and story quests since actions are impactful now.

You also mention advance to InA before starting part 3. So in your opinion, it would be to advance to CA on cMAP and then only after you get to InA on the research tree, then start to do the steps needed in the OF in InA guide. This would mean you also wouldn't do part 2 then right?

Sorry for the multiple questions, just don't want to mess anything up
I don't mind questions :)

So once you reach the InA map, do stuff as the story asks you to, and don't push ahead since that can mess stuff up. You don't have to move to InA until you reach a blocker in Pe where you need to move up to complete. So you can do both parts 2 and 3.

I'm trying for Oceanic Future Troops in Industrial Age. I’ve just entered InA, needing to complete "the Peace Conference" by building 2 police stations. (it's going to be a long slog)
My questions.

1) Is it possible to win police stations from GE and/or Daily Quests?
Or is the only option to unlock “law and Order” tech and build 2 police stations?

2) On the Map: Any unconquered provinces that I now take on earlier Maps should not impact my progress on PE and later maps, correct? I’d like to take Desperation Province on the InA map to get that expansion.

Thank you!
1. Yes, but it can take a while depending on your luck. You should also be able to get some from the halloween event (maybe?) which could be helpful
2. Correct. Get that expansion :p

AceUniverse

I don't mind questions :)

So once you reach the InA map, do stuff as the story asks you to, and don't push ahead since that can mess stuff up. You don't have to move to InA until you reach a blocker in Pe where you need to move up to complete. So you can do both parts 2 and 3.

1. Yes, but it can take a while depending on your luck. You should also be able to get some from the halloween event (maybe?) which could be helpful
2. Correct. Get that expansion :p
Thank you so much, I guess I follow part 2 now that you have given the green light for it and part 3 and onwards once I get to InA.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1, I have just finished the entire CE cMap (ignoring the two provinces as shown in Part 4 of your guide) and I began scouting the first TE province.
Then I completed a side quest and then I received the quest "Dictator's Death".
I'm a bit worried if I am going to be presented with the CE tech blocker quest. What should I do?

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1, I have just finished the entire CE cMap (ignoring the two provinces as shown in Part 4 of your guide) and I began scouting the first TE province.
Then I completed a side quest and then I received the quest "Dictator's Death".
I'm a bit worried if I am going to be presented with the CE tech blocker quest. What should I do?
Whatever you do, don't complete dictator's death. Leave it uncollected. Once you get to the FE map, then you can complete it and it should be fine.

KingJMobile

Yes, but can you still complete the quest if you are in the TE Map without receiving the tech blocker? I’m planning to get TE units before getting FE units.

UBERhelp1

Yes, but can you still complete the quest if you are in the TE Map without receiving the tech blocker? I’m planning to get TE units before getting FE units.
I don't know. I've never tried it. You should be able to. If it does work please tell me! :)

I don't mind questions

Really, really appreciate all your great advice and the huge amount of time and effort you put into this.

Follow up question: If i take the minimum amount of techs to unlock the police station, that leaves me 7 InA techs (plus 5 more I saved from earlier eras). Would those 12 techs be enough of a reserve to get the OF troops while staying in InA? I'd rather not wait any longer if I don't have to, as I've had no luck in 3 weeks getting a police station from GE or Halloween event. If they aren't enough I'll just learn to be more patient :)
Thanks!

UBERhelp1

Really, really appreciate all your great advice and the huge amount of time and effort you put into this.

Follow up question: If i take the minimum amount of techs to unlock the police station, that leaves me 7 InA techs (plus 5 more I saved from earlier eras). Would those 12 techs be enough of a reserve to get the OF troops while staying in InA? I'd rather not wait any longer if I don't have to, as I've had no luck in 3 weeks getting a police station from GE or Halloween event. If they aren't enough I'll just learn to be more patient :)
Thanks!
From my math, you'll get stuck on the AF story. You'd need one more tech to get to the first OF troops.

KingJMobile

@UBERhelp1, something weird happened when I completed the quest "Dictator's Death". After completion, I was faced with a million Progressive Era side quests, having got past all of them (or aborting them), I was left with 2 recurring quest slots and "Your Choice: Truth or Dare".

As I couldn't do anything but abort the quest, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare", now I've got the two Rocket Artillery and I have to research the last two techs in PME. :(

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

@UBERhelp1, something weird happened when I completed the quest "Dictator's Death". After completion, I was faced with a million Progressive Era side quests, having got past all of them (or aborting them), I was left with 2 recurring quest slots and "Your Choice: Truth or Dare".

As I couldn't do anything but abort the quest, "Your Choice: Truth or Dare", now I've got the two Rocket Artillery and I have to research the last two techs in PME. :(
That's really weird. You're sure they were PE quests? I've never heard of that happening before. I guess my advice from now on is get hovers first before trying to get the TE troops.