• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

I could use your feedback

• More info on how to return to the PME questline before hitting Persuasion or other tech blocker, with associated warnings
Indeed, I was wondering what happens if you're at Persuasion or another Techblocker Story Quest, and you complete Truth or Dare. Will Persuasion bother your forever, or will it be replaced by a recurring quest?

UBERhelp1

Indeed, I was wondering what happens if you're at Persuasion or another Techblocker Story Quest, and you complete Truth or Dare. Will Persuasion bother your forever, or will it be replaced by a recurring quest?
If you manage to complete Truth or Dare before Persuasion, you get taken back to the PME story. Otherwise you get stuck. So you are able to go back and get the Rocket Artillery from PME, actually.

Not sure if it belongs to this thread, but just curious I heard folks using 4 turtles, 2 rail guns, 1 drummer, 1 rogue to fight at 150 attrition or 12000% enemy continuously. How is it possible, even with around 1700 attack boosts? I tried using the attack calculator, it tells me this needs 4 shot to take a PE tank.

UBERhelp1

Not sure if it belongs to this thread, but just curious I heard folks using 4 turtles, 2 rail guns, 1 drummer, 1 rogue to fight at 150 attrition or 12000% enemy continuously. How is it possible, even with around 1700 attack boosts? I tried using the attack calculator, it tells me this needs 4 shot to take a PE tank.
They could be doing it against InA troops, manually battling, etc. There's probably other factors at play there or a higher attack boost.

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units Guide v2.20
  • Revised organization of info into parts
  • New Part: Strategies/Technical Info
  • Removed references to VF and above in guide where it wasn't needed (ex. Intro abbreviation chart)
  • Added Total Units Available charts to each section, with troop images (where possible)
  • Added Negotiation Cost charts to most sections
  • Learned the forum limit for images per post is 35 (wanted to add goods images to the negotiation charts, can't do that due to this)
  • Ground-up rewrites of some sections
  • Simplification of the two PE troop sections into one, longer section
  • Created tools to help create formatted tables
  • Tools updated for game data collection and formatting
  • Finally broke down troops by techs needed to research for every single section
  • Full image backup
  • New ME tech skip?

This was a biggie, but I think it's really good. Due to me shuffling the orders of parts multiple times, some part links might be wrong so please let me know if that's the case. I think that this should make planning for troops a little easier.

Also, it seems that you can skip the ME tech requirement by negotiating a province, but I haven't been able to actually test it. It could help for players that are tech limited.

Ben Trovato

"Also, it seems that you can skip the ME tech requirement by negotiating a province, but I haven't been able to actually test it. It could help for players that are tech limited."

If you mean the Long Lived Man, I can't see how that can be skipped. Can you tell us what province needs to be negotiated, please? I think I missed that post.

UBERhelp1

"Also, it seems that you can skip the ME tech requirement by negotiating a province, but I haven't been able to actually test it. It could help for players that are tech limited."

If you mean the Long Lived Man, I can't see how that can be skipped. Can you tell us what province needs to be negotiated, please? I think I missed that post.
Negotiate Natsuishu. You get the second version of the quest "Take Natsuishu" as a result, and that version doesn't have a tech research requirement.

There's a little bit more on it at the end of the ME section (not much though). You might give up 3 bazookas depending on the timing of you getting side quests, but I think you should be able to fight the first ME province and then negotiate Natsuishu to make everything work... hopefully.

Ben Trovato

Negotiate Natsuishu. You get the second version of the quest "Take Natsuishu" as a result, and that version doesn't have a tech research requirement.

There's a little bit more on it at the end of the ME section (not much though). You might give up 3 bazookas depending on the timing of you getting side quests, but I think you should be able to fight the first ME province and then negotiate Natsuishu to make everything work... hopefully.
Thank you. However, if you mean avoiding the requirement "Build a military building from your age or research a technology", I've never researched the tech. The only tech research I do in ME is for the quest The Long Lived Man. (I normally take Modern Roads to free up the Indy bonus track.)

I can see there might be extraordinary circumstances where you haven't done a military building research of your Age yet, but in those circumstances you can probably build a Rogue Hideout, at least that works in the equivalent Indy quest.

Last edited:

xivarmy

I ended up using Subcruizers. Did end up spending a lot of diamonds to save my hovers. It was the Medusa's that were bothering me.
Could've tried Combat Drone + Rogues if you have them from TE story. Medusas can't hit them and will turn some of your rogues into more combat drones instead. Not sure what else is in those battles though and whether that'd have caused a problem.

Or extra beefy stats (defense for attacking army).

UBERhelp1

Thank you. However, if you mean avoiding the requirement "Build a military building from your age or research a technology", I've never researched the tech. The only tech research I do in ME is for the quest The Long Lived Man. (I normally take Modern Roads to free up the Indy bonus track.)

I can see there might be extraordinary circumstances where you haven't done a military building research of your Age yet, but in those circumstances you can probably build a Rogue Hideout, at least that works in the equivalent Indy quest.
Ok I'll have to look into that more. I didn't have the specific tech quests written down so I had to go back through each age's story, and I must have missed that.

Dursland

It's an eye-opener just how many goods you need for AF map. I'm on my third round of buying 1,000 each in V world and I'm still on part 1.

UBERhelp1

It's an eye-opener just how many goods you need for AF map. I'm on my third round of buying 1,000 each in V world and I'm still on part 1.
Yep. Other than the provinces you *have* to negotiate, I'd try and fight as much as possible. You'll also eventually reach a point where you need Promethium :/

UBERhelp1

has anyone done videos on fighting the SAM map , Virtual future was was so easy, but now , SAM is very difficult.
Just do it manually. Keep your units held back so they can get the first hit (depending on enemy units) and worse comes to worse, the cMap will always be there until you get more attack boosts.

hippobuttamus

i only have around 500att/def, i was using hovers but they sam units can take up to 4 hits to kill.
i'm scared to use the ocianic units incase they die.

i thought i read someone or saw some videos on players doing the sam maps, i can't remeber.