• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Guide] Higher Age Units Guide v2.20

UBERhelp1

Thank you! Is it possible to skip some provinces in the Modern Era and the Postmodern Era?
You might be able to skip one or two in PME, but I'm not entirely sure. You might be able to skip them to get to the next map faster, for example, but you could still need them to complete the story quests

blueskydwg

I just completed the FE maps and snagged 4 hovers and a bunch of other FE troops - while in Indy.
Problem is I only have 1 unused tech left. Is there any sense in proceeding to the AF continent? Can I get far enough to receive any AF troops?

2 3 5 7

Hello,
First of all, thank you all for this great tuto :)
I'm planning to start acquiring higher era troops while I'm in INA. Unfortunately, I need 2 technologies to get all the units.
If I've understood correctly, there are several ways I can optimise my technologies:
- Don't unlock the Police Stations straight away, and get 3 of them via events (this would give me a wide range of technologies, but it could take a long time).
- Don't unlock Police Stations straight away, and get 2 via events (this will save me 1 technology, but may take a long time).
- In the ME story, avoid searching for technology and losing Bazooka Teams
- Skip the TE story (not what I'd prefer...)
- Not finishing the OF story (and losing 6 units for 1 technology or 6 units for 2 technologies, which I'd prefer to avoid...)
I'd like to know if what I'm saying is right and what solution you'd recommend.

In addition, I've started to acquire INA units in CA, and I've got the impression that it's possible to avoid the need to seek out military technology:
Thanks to The Natives' Support side quest, it seems possible to complete the New Challenge, New Danger quest requirement, which asks you to recruit 3 INA units or research a military technology...
(I didn't do it, but I had The Natives' Support quest before the New Challenge, New Danger quest).

UBERhelp1

Hello,
First of all, thank you all for this great tuto :)
I'm planning to start acquiring higher era troops while I'm in INA. Unfortunately, I need 2 technologies to get all the units.
If I've understood correctly, there are several ways I can optimise my technologies:
- Don't unlock the Police Stations straight away, and get 3 of them via events (this would give me a wide range of technologies, but it could take a long time).
- Don't unlock Police Stations straight away, and get 2 via events (this will save me 1 technology, but may take a long time).
- In the ME story, avoid searching for technology and losing Bazooka Teams
- Skip the TE story (not what I'd prefer...)
- Not finishing the OF story (and losing 6 units for 1 technology or 6 units for 2 technologies, which I'd prefer to avoid...)
I'd like to know if what I'm saying is right and what solution you'd recommend.

In addition, I've started to acquire INA units in CA, and I've got the impression that it's possible to avoid the need to seek out military technology:
Thanks to The Natives' Support side quest, it seems possible to complete the New Challenge, New Danger quest requirement, which asks you to recruit 3 INA units or research a military technology...
(I didn't do it, but I had The Natives' Support quest before the New Challenge, New Danger quest).
Personally, skipping the TE story isn't a big deal. The troops are quickly outclassed by FE, AF, and OF troops.

xivarmy

Note that the weirdness going on right now may add tech requirements to your world trying to get these units - I recommend you pause story until things can be sorted out if you're tight on techs.

Details: A new version of Bronze Age story is reinserting itself into older accounts. There are at least 2 "research a technology" quests I've come across in it so far.

UBERhelp1

Note that the weirdness going on right now may add tech requirements to your world trying to get these units - I recommend you pause story until things can be sorted out if you're tight on techs.

Details: A new version of Bronze Age story is reinserting itself into older accounts. There are at least 2 "research a technology" quests I've come across in it so far.
I think it's fixed. The story quest disappeared and was replaced with what my story quest should have been.

Spectrum49

I just completed the FE maps and snagged 4 hovers and a bunch of other FE troops - while in Indy.
Problem is I only have 1 unused tech left. Is there any sense in proceeding to the AF continent? Can I get far enough to receive any AF troops?
Not to deter you, nor diminish the awesomeness of this Guide - But I've tried those AF Troops, and they aren't any match to Hover Tanks! (Surely - to keep these "higher-aged units", you'll spend diamonds to heal them if they die; but you'll spend FAR LESS if you just use 7 Rogues + 1 Hover.)

2 3 5 7

Hello,
While I was following the MooingCat guide, something unexpected happened:
IMG_3428.jpeg
I need to look for additional technology! I'm already short of it...

So I'd like to know what happened...

Here's what I did on the map:
IMG_3429.jpeg
For the Let The Wars Begin quest, I negotiated a sector of Kriegreich.
For the Peacebringer quest, I fought 4 INA sectors.
For the Blood In The Trenches quest, I fought 2 Uxrow sectors.
For the Slow And Steady quest, I acquired Uxrow through combat.
And then :
IMG_3428.jpeg

:mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Hello,
View attachment 20515

View attachment 20516
And then :
View attachment 20515

:mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Unfortunately we're not entirely sure what causes the other variant of that quest to appear. It's possible that due to taking InA sectors or some quirk of how you took the map it triggered that way.

It isn't the end of the world though. Worst comes to worst, you can just age up to PE and get more techs that way. Most players do that anyways since none of the PE units have the blast ability.

2 3 5 7

Unfortunately we're not entirely sure what causes the other variant of that quest to appear. It's possible that due to taking InA sectors or some quirk of how you took the map it triggered that way.
Shame, it would have been interesting...

Maybe it's because I only made minimal progress on the map before this quest... (I understand that MooingCat had almost finished the map at that point...)

Spectrum49

Checking back in after getting to OF while still in InA. Putting in over 100 attrition in GbG with a turtle turret & hover tank. Still, have to manually battle if I don't want damage, but that's AI for you. Only on Part 3 of the OF map now, I still use a Hoover tank & 7 rogues going manually to get through. If you're new to manual battles and using the hoover tank, you need to find "plains" and move your rogues to those. Park your real unit in the corner and keep it there. Saves on having to heal them.
Otherwise, the Guide is spot on! I know it says to negotiate the first four provinces in contemporary for more diamonds, but if you're planning to rush to get your HT's, using 1 MG and 7 rogues manually through the provinces speeds things up. I do recommend getting the Stealth Tank in Tomorrow, while not as powerful as the HT, it's stealth ability eliminates ranged attacks. So as long as you place your rogue on Plains, the first attack is all that ranged/artillery will hit sans those units like the howitzer that ignore stealth abilities. Target and kill those first.
Having advanced units does give you the ability to become a bully, so fight the temptation. As more players find this guide, those older players may start complaining to Inno about how "unfair" it is that they can't pillage anymore because the advanced units are too hard to beat, go figure. They spent years pillaging the neighbors and now that they can't they get upset. But as far as PvP goes, you can get through to Crystal each season and usually rank in the top 3-4 on Age & Guild. GE5 is easily completed without negotiating or building structures. Once you get through GE5 about 4 times you get enough fragments for the forgotten temple, which really boosts your combat as well as doing a 24hr 30% attack boost in your Tavern & 20% boost with the potion. That's almost 100% attack boost right there.
So a BIG THANKS for this guide and all the work!
Well written Rich. This reply will aid many! I've just a couple of things to add...

(1) Forgotten Temple also gives a 20% Boost to ALL Forge Point producing buildings in one's city!! - However, there are 2 exceptions: Town Hall & Great Buildings which produce fps (like CdM, for example) are not included.

Note: Since FT expires in 4 weeks and it takes 4 weeks to obtain the Fragments for another, it's prudent to do GE5 each week to keep it going. => Also - They Don't Stack! --- SO: If you try adding a second one while another still has time left on it, the original one will immediately EXPIRE, and the new one will be ACTIVE for 28 days.

(2) I've found that 1 Hover Tank and 7 Rogues works better than ANY combination of other troops - and that also includes both Arctic and Oceanic Future troops! (I just don't use them. But then again, I always Auto-Battle - so what do I know?)

(3) When "returning to normal" from this Wonderful & Fantastic Detour to obtain Higher-Aged Units (by finally either aborting or completing the "Truth or Dare" quest) you'll be "Tech-Blocked" - which some call "hitting the wall" - until you age up to where your present Story-Line's "unsolvable quest" can be fulfilled by Researching the needed items in your available Tech-Tree.

For me - I now have my 2 RQ (recurring quest) slots back, "feeding each other" at times AND I don't miss not having CE troops from having "bypassed" the CE questline, per this Guide. => After all - who needs any of those once they get the 4 Hover Tanks!!!

"Spec"

Yobb788

Hi, I'm quite new to the game and I'm looking to get Colonial troops in LMA. Can I take the LMA Cmap while I'm still in HMA and still get the Colonial troops or should I wait until I start the story quests for LMA to be safe. I hope I haven't asked an answered question but I couldn't find the answer.
Thanks, Yobb

UBERhelp1

Hi, I'm quite new to the game and I'm looking to get Colonial troops in LMA. Can I take the LMA Cmap while I'm still in HMA and still get the Colonial troops or should I wait until I start the story quests for LMA to be safe. I hope I haven't asked an answered question but I couldn't find the answer.
Thanks, Yobb
You can take the LMA map, but try not to take the bonus provinces (marked in Part 1) until you can do the bonus quests. Otherwise, you can miss out on some of the units, or if you take all of them, avoid triggering the questline entirely.

UBERhelp1

Higher Age Units News!

On the Beta server, some changes have been made that might change some of how you can get Higher Age Units. Receiving units in CA is removed, and getting troops in InA might be trickier...

I had been planning to update the guide later this summer, but I'm going to wait until we see exactly what happens with this change before doing so, as it could change quite a bit of the guide.

xivarmy

Hello,
View attachment 20515

View attachment 20516
And then :
View attachment 20515

It isn't the end of the world though. Worst comes to worst, you can just age up to PE and get more techs that way. Most players do that anyways since none of the PE units have the blast ability.
Actually we do know for that one. This being the alternate version of peace conference, it comes up if you're not at war with both sides before you trigger it - you try to *host* the peace conference and thus need the residential requirement - as opposed to not being invited to it if everyone hates you :p (i.e. after you get your tanks or snipers, you should attack the side that showed you gratitude if you want to avoid this version of the quest).

It's however not usually a big deal since you need to research to police stations often anyways and there's a residential on the way.

---

The one we don't know is the alternate version of Freedom of the Press which may add in an additional cultural technology.

UBERhelp1

Actually we do know for that one. This being the alternate version of peace conference, it comes up if you're not at war with both sides before you trigger it - you try to *host* the peace conference and thus need the residential requirement - as opposed to not being invited to it if everyone hates you :p (i.e. after you get your tanks or snipers, you should attack the side that showed you gratitude if you want to avoid this version of the quest).

It's however not usually a big deal since you need to research to police stations often anyways and there's a residential on the way.

---

The one we don't know is the alternate version of Freedom of the Press which may add in an additional cultural technology.
Some comments on the wiki say that they fought a side and still got the version requiring researching a residential. I haven't been able to test that myself, so I'm not too sure.

xivarmy

Some comments on the wiki say that they fought a side and still got the version requiring researching a residential. I haven't been able to test that myself, so I'm not too sure.
Fighting one side still gives you the one requiring the residential yes. Fighting *both* sides gives you the one where you're not invited.