• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Improve the Plundering Frequency

DeletedUser

Yeah... I very rarely go to the official one. It's terrible for the most part. So, nope... didn't check it. Not sorry that I didn't because the fan one is usually much clearer. In this case, it wasn't.
Clearer doesn't mean much if it's innaccurate.

Salsuero

Clearer doesn't mean much if it's innaccurate.

Ahhh, but I said "usually" -- and since it's "usually" equally or even more reliable and informative than the official wiki, I'll stick with the occasional unclear. I'm not worried when I have the forum to dutifully correct the occasional error.

DeletedUser4927

The neighborhoods are NOT equitable. I'm currently in a neighborhood that ranges from players at level 630,00- to 22.5 MILLION...YES MILLION. How is that equitable? I can't tell what ERA the highest players are in, but they certainly are not near mine.

I believe you need to rethink your algorithm for placing players in neighborhoods. I keep getting put into neighborhoods with MUCH HIGH players who continually defeat and plunder the best army I can put up. It gets frustrating and causes people to drop out. And why am I always at the bottom? Why can't I be at the top or even in the middle? Just makes no sense to me.

If you put everyone in neighborhoods what are SOMEWHAT close to their level, the game will carry more excitement and appeal. I've dropped several cities because it just isn't worth the aggravation. In one world, I'm at 950,000. I'm third from the last in my neighborhood and the higher players are at 22 MILLION... Yes, MILLION. That's just ridiculous.

Salsuero

The neighborhoods are NOT equitable. I'm currently in a neighborhood that ranges from players at level 630,00- to 22.5 MILLION...YES MILLION. How is that equitable?

It's equitable because they're all in the same age/era as you. That's exactly how it's equitable. Ranking points don't mean anything specific and can't reliably be used to define any player's strengths and/or weaknesses in any specific aspect of the game.

I can't tell what ERA the highest players are in, but they certainly are not near mine.

You absolutely can by visiting their town and looking at their town hall. At most, they might be one age/era above you, but then there may also be some at the bottom of your hood that are one age/era below you. That could be due to a leftover of players in an age/era not fitting into a hood of only their age/era or it could be that someone aged up after the hood change. Technically, someone could age up multiple times immediately after a hood change, but that's highly unlikely and even less likely to happen multiple times for a given hood.

I believe you need to rethink your algorithm for placing players in neighborhoods.

They did.

I keep getting put into neighborhoods with MUCH HIGH players who continually defeat and plunder the best army I can put up.

You'll need to work on putting up a better defense. Consider a tavern shield or improving your defensive bonuses.

It gets frustrating and causes people to drop out.

Those who do are weak players. This is a strategy game and your goal should be to become the best, not ask for everyone else to accommodate you at your level. Some of the growing pains cannot be avoided and some can. You only need to work harder to get results. Many players have been where you are and succeeded. Many have failed. Which will you be?

And why am I always at the bottom? Why can't I be at the top or even in the middle? Just makes no sense to me.

It's probably because you have very low ranking points for the average player in your age/era. The hoods are "ranked" by points, but it hardly means much since the #1 player could have a two-Spear defense and no defensive stats to boast of. Ranking points mean nothing. If it bothers you, increase yours and you will climb up the hood rankings.

If you put everyone in neighborhoods what are SOMEWHAT close to their level

This is exactly what they do if you interpret age/era as "level".

I've dropped several cities because it just isn't worth the aggravation.

This might be good for you. Unless you are comfortable working multiple cities to a point where you aren't aggravated, you should focus on as few of them as possible and grow them, gain experience, learn to be the best... then work on more cities if that's your desire.

In one world, I'm at 950,000. I'm third from the last in my neighborhood and the higher players are at 22 MILLION... Yes, MILLION. That's just ridiculous.

You joined this forum 5-1/2 years ago, which assumes you've been playing the game at least that long (and that you should know that they already made a major change to the way hoods are sorted, which should've definitely been in your favor). I've been playing for roughly 2 years. I have 7.3 million ranking points, which as I said, mean exactly nothing. But -- why are you stuck at just 950k after almost 3x the playing time? Ask yourself that question in a serious self-critique, and perhaps ask the forums for help if you are unable to answer it for yourself.

DeletedUser36624

Ranking points have nothing to do with strength in PvP. All you have to do to tell what age someone is in is to look at their Town Hall. You are in the Contemporary Era (at least on worlds A-C), which is pretty far advanced to not know how things work. The reason why you are always at the end of your neighborhood is you have relatively few ranking points for your age, due to small cities with a lot of underage buildings, and probably lower-leveled GB's for your age. I also don't see any recent event buildings or any GE buildings, so you're not getting any ranking points from that.

Jern2017

I'm currently ranked first in my neighborhood, with 7.6 million points. The last player has about 62k points. My city is filled with GBs and event/special buildings. That player's city has none and the regular buildings they do have are several ages below the age they're currently in.

The current ranking system and neighborhoods are fine in my opinion. If your neighbors have more points than you, it means they fight/negotiate more, have higher level Great Buildings, have more special/events buildings etc. It also most likely means they are not progressing through the eras as fast as you. If you're bothered with having less ranking points and want more, you simply need to work on developing your city. That will work. Wishing or asking for the ranking system to be changed will not.

DeletedUser29726

It also most likely means they are not progressing through the eras as fast as you.

It often more likely means they're progressing through the eras faster than you as they're not doing anything else. Personally I tend to be more impressed with the person who gets to a high era without GBs than the person who camped in HMA for 2 years and has a bunch of level 60+ GBs.

Jern2017

It often more likely means they're progressing through the eras faster than you as they're not doing anything else. Personally I tend to be more impressed with the person who gets to a high era without GBs than the person who camped in HMA for 2 years and has a bunch of level 60+ GBs.

What I meant to say is that players with more points likely progressed through the ages slower than players with less points. That would allow them to level their GBs higher and thus having more ranking points.

Also, I personally am not impressed by a higher era player with no GBs. The sole act of progressing through the ages only requires the player to dump FPs into technology research and goods to unlock them. A player can be in the VF without any ability to fight, generate FPs...

DeletedUser

Personally I tend to be more impressed with the person who gets to a high era without GBs
Why? I once had a player join my guild that was in CE without any GBs at all. None. They ended up being a decent player once I taught them the game, but that lack of GBs at that high an era was a symptom of someone who had never learned or been taught how to play the game with even the least bit of efficiency.

DeletedUser29726

Why? I once had a player join my guild that was in CE without any GBs at all. None. They ended up being a decent player once I taught them the game, but that lack of GBs at that high an era was a symptom of someone who had never learned or been taught how to play the game with even the least bit of efficiency.

Because to continue progressing that far without the support of GBs takes a great deal of work - especially if they're keeping up on the continent and fighting those battles as well *without* the crutch of ridiculous boost. Meanwhile having super-high GBs trivialises the entire game.

DeletedUser

Because to continue progressing that far without the support of GBs takes a great deal of work - especially if they're keeping up on the continent and fighting those battles as well *without* the crutch of ridiculous boost. Meanwhile having super-high GBs trivialises the entire game.
Well, if you're simply talking about super-high GBs versus no GBs, then neither one would indicate any real game ability other than perseverance. Getting that far with moderately leveled GBs indicates, to me, that someone has a pretty decent understanding of the overall game. I am a firm believer in moderation when it comes to GBs. It just seems more of a fun activity if you have your GBs at a decent level (somewhere around 10-15). It still provides a challenge, but makes almost any part of the game manageable with a little ingenuity.

Algona

I'll admit to wondering how a player can go through this game for almost 6 years play in a half dozen or more worlds, and suddenly today have a problem with getting plundered to the point of posting in two threads about it.

That and the meg RP thing, like none of their cities is at 950K RP. And forgetting (this player predates Aid button, they spent years manually mo/poing) they can visit other player's cities That and all the other questions one could ask based on their posting history.

We'll never know though. Apparently Sleeping Dragons wake up only long enough to post complaints and fall back asleep before they can read or respond to the replies. He's already asked about hood rankings last year, but no indication they ever read the thread they started. Most likely forgot that, too.

No wonder their treasures get pilfered so often. Prolly sleeping on a bed of sticks and stones instead of the gold and gems they had when they fell asleep 5 years ago.

Last edited:

Emberguard

The neighborhoods are NOT equitable. I'm currently in a neighborhood that ranges from players at level 630,00- to 22.5 MILLION...YES MILLION. How is that equitable? I can't tell what ERA the highest players are in, but they certainly are not near mine.
An Arc will get you near or into the millions on its own. That means nothing for the rest of their city

Quite frankly ranking points and neighbourhood configuration doesn't effect much in your city.

Each player can only take once per 24 hrs and you can lock all of them out easily or even determine the amount they can take

Just use a 3 day tavern shield in a particularly bad week, GBs, motivated buildings, Any Age buildings, break collections up into shorter times so less is taken or set to 24 hrs and collect bang on time

This game favors the defender big time in terms of results and the attacker for the actual defending army

DeletedUser36624

Lvl 6, which is worth about 160K. A brand new Arc in the sticks is worth about 100K. 15 points for each FP put on it for each completed level after that.

DeletedUser29726

You also get the points for the goods it donates to treasury on collection which tends to add up over time to millions on its own.