• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incorrect Information

• Thread starter DeletedUser36301
  • Start date

DeletedUser36301

Panacea
"As a great many of you have pointed out, InnoGames has acknowledged the issues with GvG and their commitment to work on these issues. A request (however phrased) to fix these "NOW!" will do no good whatsoever as InnoGames does not work on a single player's schedule but on a very long timeline with multiple Events, questlines and issues on the timeline."

What good work they did, they quickly destroyed with the release of the Autumn Fall Event, so from my perspective this is not a commitment.
They had made progress prior to the event, but now we have all the same bugs back.

So yet again I feel I need to voice this, GvG always takes the bullet when an event comes along.

RazorbackPirate

Panacea
"As a great many of you have pointed out, InnoGames has acknowledged the issues with GvG and their commitment to work on these issues. A request (however phrased) to fix these "NOW!" will do no good whatsoever as InnoGames does not work on a single player's schedule but on a very long timeline with multiple Events, questlines and issues on the timeline."

What good work they did, they quickly destroyed with the release of the Autumn Fall Event, so from my perspective this is not a commitment.
They had made progress prior to the event, but now we have all the same bugs back.

So yet again I feel I need to voice this, GvG always takes the bullet when an event comes along.
Unfortunately, the exact same thing happened with the HTML 5 version of the entire game. It took one GIANT step back. so much so, that after running on HTML 5 since it's release, I had to go back to Flash.

So as much as you want to think it's all about you and your precious GvG, it ain't. Not by a long shot. I hope GvG is on the back burner on a slow simmer, Inno's got bigger fish to fry at the moment. They need to get the port to HTML 5 working.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I hope they ditch GvG.
If only to ditch the complaints to their support team and here on the forum. It would also be nice to ditch the stupid trash talk all over Global Chat. I don't play it, I have no plans to, I wouldn't miss it a bit. Neither would the mobile players. You can't miss what you never had. You've got my vote.

DeletedUser36301

The point you are all missing is, we make advancements in bug fixes, then along comes an event and bugger we go and use old code from previous events in the new events and reintroduce the bugs again, and each time this is done it becomes harder to fix the bug. The real answer to this is to take time to truely fix the issue, or else this will become another Microsoft who made this mistake in its early years and has spent all it's life just patching.

Before you all shout rubbish, the prove is there every time they launch a new major event.

Algona

Came out from under my bridge to scoff at this:

this will become another Microsoft who made this mistake in its early years and has spent all it's life just patching.

Last time I looked Micro$oft had a market capitalization of about 700 Billion USD.

You want INNO to work on GvG and decide the best way is to tell them that if INNO continues in their current ways INNO will get the same result as one of the ten most valuable companies in the world?

Good luck with that approach, let me know how it works for you.

Off topic stuff:

Been lurking under my bridge for months, not a lot has changed. Same frequency of n00b posters who are ADAMANT in their mistaken belief that their particular problem (Negotiating as a Daily Challenge task, BA Event completion difficulties, years of GvG bugs, or whatever) WILL DESTROY THE GAME! Despite years of success and long term players telling them otherwise.

Has anyone understood the recent meaning of the League results in the last couple Events? 1% of players had over 300 Stars. Will some player do the analysis of just how many Diamonds had to be spent to get there and just how much cash that was for INNO?

Anyway, you long term posters keep up the good work. I'm crawling back into the mud under my bridge. It's cleaner there.

----------

An update on my game play. I've decided to keep my main in CE, it's just too much fun. Peddling was a blast and I'll return to that, but i decided to try the Great Diamond Experiment. I put up 20 WW and 30 FoY (Why, no, INNO should not put up an FoY Shrink Kit, they are too damn easy to get.) in my main city (Mount Killmore) and am tracking how many hits I get. Hopefully I'll make it to 10,000 Collections before i get bored. I wanna see first hand what the Diamond Drop rate is and it does make for a hekuva Diamond Farm. Results posted daily in the Algona. the Pedller thread in Mount Killmore sub forum. Also working on and leaning all sorts of groovy techniques for powwer leveling amd FP strategies and all sorts of things. Amazing the techniques you can develop and learn by wandering around the World and trading advice and ideas, Or, gosh, I dunno, maybe ask nicely in these forums instead of whining for the game to be changed to suit your shortcomings?

I've decided to run my experimental city (Rugnir) up past CE to learn what the upper Eras are all about, but it's taking time. I'm wallowing through Modern now, hopefully only a couple more months. god, I hate Modern. Hopefully I'll be in Tomorrow sometime before the Spring Event.

Meanwhile back on topic, I like GvG.

Last edited:

Agent327

The point you are all missing is, we make advancements in bug fixes, then along comes an event and bugger we go and use old code from previous events in the new events and reintroduce the bugs again, and each time this is done it becomes harder to fix the bug. The real answer to this is to take time to truely fix the issue, or else this will become another Microsoft who made this mistake in its early years and has spent all it's life just patching.

Before you all shout rubbish, the prove is there every time they launch a new major event.

So what's stopping you from fixing it?

DeletedUser32307

Inno makes serious money. I don't see any reason why can't fix GvG bugs at the same time as doing other things.

DeletedUser32389

Almost nobody around here has been more fed up with the bugs in GVG than I
(This kind of stuff doesn't make you any friends around here)
I agree with @RazorbackPirate though : The HTML5 conversion has to come first.
then along comes an event and bugger we go and use old code from previous events in the new events and reintroduce the bugs again
I'm sorry but you're speaking like you know nothing about coding. How could this possibly effect GVG? Events and gameplay bugs have very little in common, and they're not going to stop planning events, it helps create interest for new players.
I hope they ditch GvG.
Not surprised it's not for you
51wCoXjDI5L._SX358_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

DeletedUser36301

I'm sorry but you're speaking like you know nothing about coding. How could this possibly effect GVG? Events and game play bugs have very little in common, and they're not going to stop planning events, it helps create interest for new players.

Just run debugging software and you will see

And yes I agree HTML has to come first, but before the Fall Event Inno made some real headway in GvG, then the Event started and bang GvG went to pieces again, all the old issues back and even some new ones. We are keeping a careful catalogue of all the issues.
Also this pattern happens every time a major Event takes place, so there is obviously some correlation.