• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

My Arc suddenly dropped from level 52 to 28???

• Thread starter DeletedUser27184
  • Start date

DeletedUser31502

I dont even know where half my investments where is this gonna be an easy fix because it sure doesnt look like to me

DeletedUser26965

the Oracle of Delphi allowed with Arc level 80 to gain 10 to 15 000 fp rising it to the level 80-85
I'm confused by this. I don't have a high level Arc but don't most Great Buildings give high Arc players lots of fp's? I mean isn't that kind of the point to having a high level Arc? I mean how much more was Oracle paying out say compared to leveling Alcatraz to level 80?

qaccy

I'm confused by this. I don't have a high level Arc but don't most Great Buildings give high Arc players lots of fp's? I mean isn't that kind of the point to having a high level Arc? I mean how much more was Oracle paying out say compared to leveling Alcatraz to level 80?

Most GBs follow a fairly standardized reward curve where, %-wise, all GBs pay out pretty much the same FP reward compared to the cost to level. GB level costs don't change going from ME up to CE, so CE, TE and FE GBs have an offset of 2 ages in their favor, and PME has an offset of one. This makes these GBs relatively cheaper or more rewarding to level compared to others.

Now take the Oracle, which pays out like an HMA GB (similar to the other two no-age GBs) but had a level up cost lower than Bronze. Being generous, that's still an offset of three ages which means it was the most profitable GB in the game, for the FP invested. I hear it was actually possible to level an Oracle for less than the FP rewards that were being given out, leading to an incredible snowball effect in areas where the exploit was occurring.

DeletedUser27184

I got an answer:
Hello jobu523,

We are aware of the problem with some of your Great Buildings. We have identified the underlying issue and of course we will work on fixing it.

We would like to ask for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this problem may have caused.

Respectfully,

Seriak
Co-Community Manager
Forge of Empires, U.S.

DeletedUser26965

Most GBs follow a fairly standardized reward curve where, %-wise, all GBs pay out pretty much the same FP reward compared to the cost to level. GB level costs don't change going from ME up to CE, so CE, TE and FE GBs have an offset of 2 ages in their favor, and PME has an offset of one. This makes these GBs relatively cheaper or more rewarding to level compared to others.

Now take the Oracle, which pays out like an HMA GB (similar to the other two no-age GBs) but had a level up cost lower than Bronze. Being generous, that's still an offset of three ages which means it was the most profitable GB in the game, for the FP invested. I hear it was actually possible to level an Oracle for less than the FP rewards that were being given out, leading to an incredible snowball effect in areas where the exploit was occurring.
Oh jees yeah, I can see the problem just by looking at the first ten levels. Assuming the reward payouts are the same for Oracle vs. Obs after level 10 then Oracle looks to nearly flatten out;

obs v ora - Copy.PNG

qaccy

Oh jees yeah, I can see the problem just by looking at the first ten levels. Assuming the reward payouts are the same for Oracle vs. Obs after level 10 then Oracle looks to nearly flatten out;

View attachment 8737

I would assume that they would be, since it wouldn't make sense for the rewards to be lower going from 10 to 11 than they would be going from 9 to 10. Rewards would increase every level, at a rate that's initially faster than the total cost to level, leading to the inevitable break-even/profit levels until it finally left that period probably right around level 80 or 85 (the Arc leaves this period, for a 90% Arc contributor, at level 75). That's a good 60 levels or so of free FP generation for big Arc owners.

DeletedUser27889

The issue is that I don't think anyone on the US servers was aware of this exploitation. The highest Oracle in my world was 9. No one mentioned it in global no one mentioned it in the forums until we had an announcement of it being fixed. This was a French and German problem. Yet now people are actually losing thousands of FP, if someone now has 30 less arc levels they are losing FP for every building they contributed to that levels while this is ongoing. Not just a couple, people could be losing their entire stockpiles depending upon how much they currently have invested.

DeletedUser26965

The issue is that I don't think anyone on the US servers was aware of this exploitation. The highest Oracle in my world was 9
How do you know what the highest Oracle is?

Just got an ingame message about this, must be really bad for them to do that lol.

ITown

I was aware of the Oracle having extremely high payouts but wasn't aware it was considered an exploit. Regardless, nobody on my world has an oracle past 10 but we were hit nonetheless. Lost 65 levels on my kraken.

DeletedUser27889

How do you know what the highest Oracle is?
ForgeDB has not updated yet. The highest GB on N was and is 9. ForgeDB is still showing the nerfed or bugged Krakens at their previous levels. No Oracle on US was higher than 10

Pic:
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 1.54.45 PM.png

Edit:
It means that we're collectively bad at math :-(

LOL! Well this is the US server after all, we do have a 'Stupid American' stereotype to uphold =) .

Second Edit:
By comparison these were the French Delphi's.
Pic:
Screen Shot 2017-11-08 at 2.02.20 PM.png
Notice too that that goes on for 355 pages. Also from reading the FR forum on this people would build it, power level it, delete it and build it again as much as 15X over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

ForgeDB has not updated yet. The highest GB on N was and is 9. ForgeDB is still showing the nerfed or bugged Krakens at their previous levels. No Oracle on US was higher than 10

Pic:
Edit:

LOL! Well this is the US server after all, we do have a 'Stupid American' stereotype to uphold =) .

Second Edit:
By comparison this was the French Delphi's.
Pic: Notice too that that goes on for 355 pages. Also from reading the FR forum on this people would build it, power level it, delete it and build it again as much as 15X over.
Oh yeah duh on me, totally forgot about that lol. What's it called in French? Maybe check that server.

Volodya

Happily, my level 38 Arc was unaffected. I can see people who were affected quitting over this, because how can Inno ever really undo the damage? They can restore the missing levels, but will they really track and compensate for every GB payout that was reduced because a level 80 Arc paid a bonus like a level 50? Even if they manage to do that, will they compensate for the fps that weren't paid out and thus couldn't be invested in other GBs? How could they even know what those investments would've been? This seems like a real mess, maybe the worst since I've been playing.

DeletedUser26965

Yeah I updated my post with a pic of the French server to show the difference. There it's Oracle de Delphes.
Only one day difference. Seems you're right and no one on the US server knew so why are people's GB's getting nerfed here as if there was?

DeletedUser31392

Happily, my level 38 Arc was unaffected. I can see people who were affected quitting over this, because how can Inno ever really undo the damage? They can restore the missing levels, but will they really track and compensate for every GB payout that was reduced because a level 80 Arc paid a bonus like a level 50? Even if they manage to do that, will they compensate for the fps that weren't paid out and thus couldn't be invested in other GBs? How could they even know what those investments would've been? This seems like a real mess, maybe the worst since I've been playing.

In my opinion the entire game needs a roll back to right before the “patch” was implemented. They should also shut the entire game down for enough time to adjust the values of players that actively engaged in this exploit and have their personal GBs and FP pack pools be reduced back the numbers they had on the 8th as punishment. It should be pretty clear from game log statistics who was actively engaged in growing an Oracle to ridiculousnlevels and delete it over and over, and determine who was contributing massive amounts of fps into Oracle GBs to engage in the exploit.

The “patch” that was inplemented was not well thought out and players need answers and to feel like they are not cheated.

Massive failure in the PR department =\

DeletedUser26965

In my opinion the entire game needs a roll back to right before the “patch” was implemented. They should also shut the entire game down for enough time to adjust the values of players that actively engaged in this exploit and have their personal GBs and FP pack pools be reduced back the numbers they had on the 8th as punishment. It should be pretty clear from game log statistics who was actively engaged in growing an Oracle to ridiculousnlevels and delete it over and over, and determine who was contributing massive amounts of fps into Oracle GBs to engage in the exploit.

The “patch” that was inplemented was not well thought out and players need answers and to feel like they are not cheated.

Like Manda the first has shown above I don't think anyone on the US Server knew about it. It was clearly going on for weeks on the French server though. I agree they went about this "fix" badly but I still can't grasp why they would hit people's GB here if no one was doing it?

qaccy

An interesting thing is that the game technically wasn't updated (update version is still listed as November 2nd). Whatever was done was implemented live, so presumably the same could theoretically be done in reverse.

Damage control is going to be messy regardless though. My opinion is that the most reasonable course of action, at least for the US servers (where there couldn't possibly have been any exploiting), is to restore all lost levels and, in the assumed absence of restoring lost donations on reset GBs, provide some other form of compensation instead. Restoring the donations/compensating for it is what I imagine will take the most work, but I see it as necessary that something is done because, whether you lost levels or donations it's still not something that's anyone's fault but Inno's in this instance (again, because nobody on US servers benefit from or took part in any sort of Oracle exploiting).

DeletedUser28503

If you like your GB lvl, you can keep your lvl
"You didn't build that"
All come to mind when thinking about how INNO just purposely screwed up the game again to fix another issue they caused.