• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser17558

Because I have chosen to support with goods, in doing so I have no military buildings and no troops.

My point is simple; this change has unevenly swayed the ranking system to favor the players who fight (and especially those who abuse the GVG capture/release) You can fight way more than I can collect goods. This game has always required a balance of player types; and now it purely favors the fighters.
My point is you are choosing not to fight. If ranking is important to you, then do what you can to increase ranking. This means fighting. If you aren't willing to do that than you need to accept that you aren't going to move up very fast.

DeletedUser10415

If you're right and being attacked means nothing then why ever bother with defense? You give your tower rivals fewer points and according to you, being attacked is no loss. What army do you keep for defense and how high did you level your deal/basil?

I bother with defense because I find it preferable to only have to pay attention to tracking online times for a few players. In most cases I attack back, regardless of if they get through or not, so that information is useful to me. In my HMA cities on my diamond-mine worlds, my defense is 8 horse archers, or 7+ a drummer if I've got one. I will however change it up from time to time if an attacker tries to optimize their units for mine. I also want my defense to destroy or at the very least damage some of their units, so not only are they getting none of my production, but their attack is costing them some of theirs. As for ranking points, I don't care if they get them. Ranking isn't important to me, remember? In those worlds, I aid my 'hood 2 or 3 times per week. I fly a very simple profile message: "Do not disturb." I am rarely attacked on any of these worlds.

On Dunarsund, in a predominantly FE 'hood, my city defense units are boosted +27%/+184%. I didn't place either defensive GB until PME, and leveling them up much hasn't been a priority. I have 8 rail guns, of course. I was moved to the 'hood just before the end of the Winter Event, when I moved up to FE, and was placed in the #48 position. Between then and now at #19 (due in part to the end of GB ranking bloat), I have only been attacked by 2 neighbors. The first one attacked my city daily for around 10 days after I first showed up, before I had enough rail guns to put 8 on the line. Still, every successful attack was costing him 3-4 hover tanks, and he got nothing. We're friends now. :) The other guy attacks a couple of times per week, but always retreats, so I figure he's just going down the list, not caring to bother with remembering which defense he can stomp and which he cannot. I aid 2/3 of the 'hood because 2/3 of the 'hood aids me...because I aid them. The 3rd that I attack, when I'm not too busy, are indeed near the bottom of the 'hood, but that is not why I attack them. I attack them because they've never been interested in reciprocating my aid, which I dole out generously for the first 2 weeks of my contact with them, before I make a judgment on their character. Here, my profile is only slightly more menacing: "Aid gets aid in return. I don't mind slackers, but careless ones will be plundered."

DeletedUser24692

Who cares what your rank is.. In my opinion, I am ranked #1 Dad in reality, but I don't dispute this with other Father's who own #1 Dad Coffee Cups. If you play the game long enough, you'll get the points you desire.. Which you obviously think is the end all, be all of this game! It was your decision to be a pawn in a Guild, who's sole purpose in the game is to attain and donate Goods. I run 4 Guilds in 4 worlds, and I would never even ask one of my Guild Mates to do that, as it alters their Game-play. Sell some of your, worthless, 30+ Good's Buildings, keep the 2 you have Deposits for from each Age, construct some military buildings, and play the game how it was meant to be played, and stop complaining.. No one cares what your rank is in the game except you, obviously.

DeletedUser

It really seems that the new point system is really slanted on the side of the players who do the GvG 'acquire, release, then reacquire' thing (CHEATING in my book). Let's see. Get points for battles (Slanted). Get points for using supplies (Slanted). Now I am not in this game for points but others are. Those players who do this "CHEATING" are. They take over the 1st place slots in as many as 4 towers weekly with a few battles. By doing this Acquire and release they get to pick the armies on BOTH sides of the Battle Field for maximum points (CHEATING!!!!!!!). Let's see. Does 1,417,320pts for 19 battles in Postmodern seem fair??? That is 74595pts per battle!!!! How many players can do that many pts in a single PvP battle much less in multiple battles????? In my LEGITIMATE battles, 1,569,482pts in 57 battles. The math on that is 27,534 per battle. (A ratio of 2.7:1. His pts to mine.) Now, many may say "why are you complaining? you are in 1st place." Well, all he has to do 2-3 battles to beat me. That is why. Next, let's move to Contemporary Era. The same player has 7,533,120 pts in 82 battles or 91,867pts per battle. Second place has 4,533172pts in 122 battles (37,157pts/battle). Modern era: 490,490plt in 10 battles (49,049pts/battle. Second place has 285429pt in 16 battles. (17,839pts/battle). I can't see higher towers then Contemporary but this player is in the Future age so I would bet my paycheck he has higher towers that are this way. Now, don't think I am just complaining just because I want to be the one to dominate the towers. I don't!!! I only do battles about one week a month. I just think it is unfair to a lot of players who are out there! FOE needs to put a stop on this Acquire, Release, and Reacquire ability. At least, make it to where when a sector is "released" a random army is placed there instead of a "picked" army!!!!

DeletedUser21739

Please Help, I try to explain, why I say one thing and the game another.o_O
Example: Game say's coin and supply give's points. :mad: Was that not just changed? If it no longer gives points then :oops: FOE with ANY CHANGES should make the game instruction changes... also. :rolleyes: Chaos! Help! FOE's game info - informs people of 'the days of old'. Help me :D
I'm old, tired, gray, was blonde and still the epitome of a blonde joke. I ask "do I need to be more of a joke":p? Well then, Guess what? I am just out of LMA, small on points:eek:, with millions:oops: and millions :oops:of coin and supply:(. LOL and you all are complaining??? I had a plan :oops: my saving's -FOE Coin and Supply Points Bonds:D

Is FOE blonde too?;):)

DeletedUser8152

I agree they should fix the game instructions... where does it still say you get points for coin and supply?

DeletedUser21739

I agree they should fix the game instructions... where does it still say you get points for coin and supply?
some grins for jaelis
:cool: Just a moment, please. I have a bigger name on the other line. :D
;)Home page - Help - FAQ - #19 says:
"How do I get points in the global ranking?

You can get points for constructing new buildings, leveling up Great Buildings, fighting players and producing (coins as well as supplies).":(:confused:

:rolleyes:So does that mean rofl - I am the only one who saved all those coin and supply and lay, in wait, to spend em at the right moment. Low Age billionaire. LOL can't stop laughing.. I had a plan. Yes I know, a stupid one!:eek: I saw it was in parentheses, Parentheses! ooho_O :p Parentheses? emm :cool: Are they trying to tell me something? I thought it was a hint. :oops: This was kinda my first game (blonde noob) and I thought I had figured out a secret there, when I first started. duh

:)Do I get anything for the find? Anything?;) lol a special reward maybe some expansion's -:p I helped FOE expand in knowledge giggle giggle

DeletedUser

Please let us know in this thread what your thoughts are about the upcoming ranking change.
Please keep all post civil and within the rules and as always stay on topic.
I strongly think it could be a good thing at least then you could almost figure out what is worth doing or not.

DeletedUser25803

If we received a statue award, and take it down for building space will we lose all benefits (prestige etc) or just the happiness?

DeletedUser25803

You would lose all benefits.

I'm glad I asked first. Thanks jaelis! This too should be added to the guide/instructions. If any award statue (bronze, silver, gold) is removed from your city you will lose all benefits (happiness, prestige, etc.).

Last edited by a moderator:

DawnLight the Just

I am not going to read 22 pages to see if this question has been asked/answered, sorry, but I want to know, if we use a reno kit on the prestige award we got (I received a silver sword), what changes? Is it just the happiness, or does the prestige change, also?

DeletedUser9433

I am not going to read 22 pages to see if this question has been asked/answered, sorry, but I want to know, if we use a reno kit on the prestige award we got (I received a silver sword), what changes? Is it just the happiness, or does the prestige change, also?
If by "prestige" you mean your global ranking points then the answer is yes.