• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Plunder progress

DeletedUser36572

Somehow, I think you would've heard about if you had.

I could understand where some guildies might get upset about being plundered (If in fact they could be) ...

But (and with the understanding I am a newer player) ...

As far as I can tell Forge Points are just as valuable as goods, supplies and coin (if not more valuable).

If it is okay to whack a guildie who has heavily invested Forge Points in prints and converting Forge Points won into packages on a Great Building (substantially reducing the return) ... Then that essentially is no different than plundering them.

Or in other words, you shouldn’t really care either way. :rolleyes:

Bruadhin

No crymail here so far, but I did get one where someone on my friend's list complained to his guild and entire friend's list about a guy attacking him every day they've been in the hood.

Emberguard

If it is okay to whack a guildie who has heavily invested Forge Points in prints and converting Forge Points won into packages on a Great Building (substantially reducing the return) ... Then that essentially is no different than plundering them..
It's frowned upon

However no one owns the contribution spots. That's the biggest difference. You might be a jerk because now they get a lesser income, but they didn't own that spot

DeletedUser36572

It's frowned upon

However no one owns the contribution spots. That's the biggest difference. You might be a jerk because now they get a lesser income, but they didn't own that spot

The same way a player doesn’t own the goods/supplies/coin they never collected.

Not that different after all ... :p

The player’s name is next to their investment on a Great Building.
The player’s name is on their city/account and all therein.

Both require an investment in resources with a possible return.
Both can be taken by another player who properly allocates their own resources to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

There is a difference though. Contributions are open market and are not the contributers property - they're guests in the owners land. Goods come from the owners own resources from start to finish (unless stolen)

Graviton

The same way a player doesn’t own the goods/supplies/coin they never collected.

Not this again...@Emberguard is right, there's a big difference.

You do own your goods. You're the one investing time and resources into producing them. Just because they can be stolen doesn't mean they exist in some kind of ownerless limbo. My car is still mine even if I leave it unlocked in the driveway and some jerk drives off in it. Yeah, it's my fault for leaving it there, but it's still considered theft, the ownership doesn't change. When you plunder, you're stealing. It's as simple as that. It's just that in this game, stealing is encouraged.

You do not own whatever spot you happen to currently occupy on somebody else's GB. Unless I suppose you've made a private agreement with that GB owner, but then your beef should be with him, not the sniper. The GB owner should keep an eye on GBs that he's made agreements for, but he can't control random players who stumble upon it. If he put it in a swap thread then it's definitely fair game and nobody has any reason to gripe.

DeletedUser36572

Not this again...@Emberguard is right, there's a big difference.

You do own your goods. You're the one investing time and resources into producing them. Just because they can be stolen doesn't mean they exist in some kind of ownerless limbo. My car is still mine even if I leave it unlocked in the driveway and some jerk drives off in it. Yeah, it's my fault for leaving it there, but it's still considered theft, the ownership doesn't change. When you plunder, you're stealing. It's as simple as that. It's just that in this game, stealing is encouraged.

You do not own whatever spot you happen to currently occupy on somebody else's GB. Unless I suppose you've made a private agreement with that GB owner, but then your beef should be with him, not the sniper. The GB owner should keep an eye on GBs that he's made agreements for, but he can't control random players who stumble upon it. If he put it in a swap thread then it's definitely fair game and nobody has any reason to gripe.

If you want to feel different because the button you click that takes away the opportunity for a player to earn the return on the resources they invested because one is labeled “attack” and the other is labeled “donate” ... That’s simply a matter of convenience.

The idea I was griping about anything is probably a good sign you believe I may have too much of an emotional investment in which button a player’s silly fingers decide to push ... Which is a big mistake ... :rolleyes:

Graviton

If you want to feel different because the button you click that takes away the opportunity for a player to earn the return on the resources they invested because one is labeled “attack” and the other is labeled “donate” ... That’s simply a matter of convenience.

Well no, there's a mechanical, game design, and even a philosophical difference, but I don't want to completely derail the thread.

The idea I was griping about anything is probably a good sign you believe I may have too much of an emotional investment in which button a player’s silly fingers decide to push ... Which is a big mistake ... :rolleyes:

I don't believe anything about your emotional investment, I was simply making a distinction between plunder and sniping. But it is good advice for the game as a whole: too much emotional investment is a bad idea. OTOH, without too much emotional investment there would be no crymail to laugh about in this thread.

DeletedUser36572

Well no, there's a mechanical, game design, and even a philosophical difference, but I don't want to completely derail the thread.

Thanks for the redirect ... I was doing a terrible job of expressing the philosophical approach to the common fact that you only own what you can secure with properly allocated resources and/or appropriate negotiation.

Volodya

If it is okay to whack a guildie who has heavily invested Forge Points in prints and converting Forge Points won into packages on a Great Building (substantially reducing the return) ... Then that essentially is no different than plundering them.
There's no general agreement on whether this is OK, but some of us feel strongly that it isn't.

DeletedUser36572

There's no general agreement on whether this is OK, but some of us feel strongly that it isn't.

Your feelings have been noted ... But they in no way afford for the proper allocation of resources, nor are they an appropriate offer to bring to the negotiating table.

A cannot speak for others, but I would be interested in any negotiations where we could be assured a mutual benefit.

DeletedUser30312

Didn't even realize it, but those sleigh builders are pretty nice to plunder.
That's not been my experience. Every SB I've hit was producing something other than goods. I've given up on plundering them completely.

I haven't even touched them yet. They're basically a mini Santa's Workshop, and from what I've experienced from the Workshop, I'd probably be getting the same crappy plunders from the SBs @Graviton is.

Basically, the Santa and the Sleigh are multiproducers with one good option, everything else sucks. Now, the SB is good if you look at the 15 goods it produces every day and you can collect on time. But as a plunderer, you're not looking at what you're making from a building, but what your neighbors might be making. And the Santa and SB have 8 hour options that suck for you.

Multproducers were worth the risk a little over 2 years ago, before the Cherry Garden set was introduced. There were fewer of them, and most had goods and FP somewhere in the 8 and 24 hour slots, which people tended to use. Occasionally, you might get guild power from a Bazaar or someone would be wasting time with medals on one of them. One sets went in though, the multiproducers took a hit, because a plunderer can look at a set and if it's complete and set up right, you know exactly what you're going to get: everything. Multiproducers and goods suffer from their unpredictability, a multi can be wasted on crap like coins or supplies, and DCs have made this worse, and goods are often unboosted especially by poor players, so it's trial and error until you learn what they have.

I almost want to plunder for a hood rotation to try this, but start plundering the whole hood then send out a message to everyone picking out one person, that doesn't attack and plunder, and saying that you will continue plundering the hood everyday until that random person stops attacking you. Then just watch the chaos unfold in the thread as that person tries to convince people that they aren't attacking anyone.

Hmmm, I might try this. There's even several people in the hood other than me showing off a plunder achievement that I could use for this that people wouldn't believe since they have a proven history of plundering on display. Though given my experience with hood-wide thread, half the people would just leave.

Would anyone else like to see the plunder icons on browser (grey lightning bolts) be switched to be the same as the ones on mobile (little plunder man head)? I have a hard time seeing the ones on browser, I find they tend to blend into many of the buildings. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone think this would make a decent proposal? Just trying to make life easier for the bad guys here.

I wouldn't mind seeing that.

Last edited by a moderator:

- KQ -

OTOH, without too much emotional investment there would be no crymail to laugh about in this thread.

I got crymail! "Life is short and sad and made infinitely worse by bullies like you."

I dignified it with an answer: "Life is a journey. There is good and bad. This isn't life, this is a game. You get out of it what you put into it."

Bruadhin

I haven't even touched them yet. They're basically a mini Santa's Workshop, and from what I've experienced from the Workshop, I'd probably be getting the same crappy plunders from the SBs @Graviton is.

Basically, the Santa and the Sleigh are multiproducers with one good option, everything else sucks. Now, the SB is good if you look at the 15 goods it produces every day and you can collect on time. But as a plunderer, you're not looking at what you're making from a building, but what your neighbors might be making. And the Santa and SB have 8 hour options that suck for you.

Multproducers were worth the risk a little over 2 years ago, before the Cherry Garden set was introduced. There were fewer of them, and most had goods and FP somewhere in the 8 and 24 hour slots, which people tended to use. Occasionally, you might get guild power from a Bazaar or someone would be wasting time with medals on one of them. One sets went in though, the multiproducers took a hit, because a plunderer can look at a set and if it's complete and set up right, you know exactly what you're going to get: everything. Multiproducers and goods suffer from their unpredictability, a multi can be wasted on crap like coins or supplies, and DCs have made this worse, and goods are often unboosted especially by poor players, so it's trial and error until you learn what they have.

I really don't get that. Every time I plunder a Sleigh Builder or Santa's Workshop and get medals, all I can think is, "What are you thinking?" Why would you waste such a good building to generate a few medals? I certainly don't waste mine on anything so mundane that the game gives out left and right.

DeletedUser32328

I really don't get that. Every time I plunder a Sleigh Builder or Santa's Workshop and get medals, all I can think is, "What are you thinking?" Why would you waste such a good building to generate a few medals? I certainly don't waste mine on anything so mundane that the game gives out left and right.
I know, seems completely illogical.
Apart from having to do quests, the only reason I can think of is that their cities are so crappy it is their only way to score some medals.
Usually those cities don't have GBs, are in no position to challenge for towers and the little FPs they produce are insufficient to lock positions.