1. Cultural Settlement - Feudal Japan

Arising from the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan, the clan of Akechi Mitsuhide has requested your help.
    As the Daimyo of his village, it is your task to lead the Feudal Japan to prosperity! Detailed information here!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Changelog 1.156

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.156 will take place on Wed, July 10, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. GvG Improvements

Hello Queens and Kings,
    We'd like to keep you updated on what we're planning to do, as we're about to get started on implementing the following improvements, and would love to hear some community insight into if you feel these additions address some of the fundamental issues GvG faces.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Changelog 1.157

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.157 will take place on Wed, July 24, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Reconstruction Mode Feedback

Discussion in 'Announcement Feedback' started by Panacea, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

If they are inexperienced, then they are at the lower eras where rearranging your city is fairly easy. Having to do it themselves, rather than let an 'algorithm' do it for them, will teach them the skills they will need when it gets harder later on. Giving them the 'easy button' of having the game figure it out for them at the lower levels will do nothing to improve their game. In fact, it will make them dependent on the game to do their thinking for them, and they will never become 'experienced'. We have enough people already who race through the ages without learning much about the game, this would only make that worse.

2. kouldbeme

kouldbeme Member

Reconstruction mode should be similar to the FoE city planer (https://foemanager.com/city-planner/app/.) Being able to flatten items is a plus. With the addition to be able to move property. Sometime when I'm ready to place a property expansion it gets dropped into the wrong place. This is frustrating.

3. Stephen Longshanks

This has nothing to do with Reconstruction Mode. Expansions can never be moved, that's why you should take extra care when placing them. I have never had one go anywhere but where I intended it to. Sometimes my choice was wrong, but I've never had one go wrong on its own.

RazorbackPirate likes this.
  4. kouldbeme

kouldbeme Member

I am aware that expansions can not be moved at this point in time. However the reconstruction mode should allow expansions to be moved also. I don't think there is any reason why they can't be moved. If one is rearranging their city then that would be the time to rearrange property also.

5. Ozyman Tremble Weaklings

Ozyman Tremble Weaklings Well-Known Member

Worlds:
    East Nagash, Fel Dranghyr, Walstrand, Xyr, Yorkton
    This game has, at least for the 2 years I've been playing, had some decisions that are permanent. Expansions have always been a permanent decision, it would be nice to be able to move them, by having their placement be permanent it makes the game more challenging and rewarding imho.

6. Stephen Longshanks

Why are so many people determined to advocate changes to the game simply to fix their mistakes. If you're not happy with what you've done with your city, start a new one, don't ask to change the game. This is such a great new feature, but all we're getting is a bunch of whiners who want it to fix their games for them or do their thinking for them. For cryin' out loud, just be thankful for the nice new feature!

7. Bailey Girl

Bailey Girl New Member

I have used this in all of my worlds and love it. I was able to make a lot of room for future construction. The only request I have is to add the ability to rotate buildings. Thanks

8. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

Bailey, if you're proposing the ability to rotate buildings, you'll need to create a proposal in the proposals thread. And please read this first - https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/proposal-guidelines-read-before-posting.139/.

But for this specific idea, please do a SEARCH of the forums first. This has been proposed numerous times and has been shot down every time.

9. Stephen Longshanks

Do not propose this. It is on the Do Not Suggest List. They don't want to see any proposals about rotating buildings.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  10. hjh102

hjh102 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Longshanks!

Bailey, start your search here -
    https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?forums/proposals.24/ At the top of this proposals section are several pinned topics. One is in my original post above (the Proposal Guidelines) and another is the Do Not Suggest list. A lot of good info for you.

Titris Thrawns likes this.
  11. FiveCentFather

FiveCentFather Member

Thank you . I was not aware of that feature. That will make a big difference. :)

12. sappersquad

sappersquad New Member

this isnt an "easy button." you still have to design your city. this does nothing for you other than allowing you to more easily move stuff around. people sound silly when they say this takes away from the game. this does nothing more than make it easier to move buildings.

13. sappersquad

sappersquad New Member

so, i have scoured many forums to find no answer to this question...i need to know if saving your village in reconstruction mode resets timers on special attached buildings. BEFORE anyone jumps to conclusions like many posts previous to mine i understand this does not reset timers while in reconstruction mode...i also know buildings not attached to roads will not have an active timer.

i just want to know if my eastern tower on my majahara palace will reset it if i move it to a new spot using the construction mode. (yes, im talking about after i save it). the buildings would normally reset if you did it manually so if it doesnt by using reconstruction mode that would be a huge plus for this feature.

anyone who has tried to do this can you please answer this question for me. thank you

14. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

You need to go back a actually read my comments in context. I was responding to a suggestion to add an algorithm to reconstruction Mode to efficiently design you city for you. That is the Easy Button I am opposed to. RC mode itself is a non issue as far as I'm concerned.

15. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

As has been stated in many other posts, as long as the number of bonuses activated with each building stays the same, they will not reset. So if your Eastern Palace Tower is currently touching two other buildings now and will be touching two other buildings after, the timer will not be reset. If it ends up only touching one other building the timer will reset.

Every discussion about timers in RC Mode has been about what happens when you save it back. Why would anyone care about anything else? Once again, you may want to go back and reread the previous posts in context and not just skim over them.

16. TheLopGhost

TheLopGhost New Member

RC is a great idea and a much needed improvement. However some suggests for the next upgrades. Being able to store items in reconstruction mode instead of having to put everything back would be nice ! That is just a minor flaw in RC not being able to store buildings and having to put everything back !

17. Wildelk68

Wildelk68 Active Member

Since one can neither construct nor store a building or move an expansion the term reconstruction is a misnomer. It should be called simply Rearrangement Mode.

18. Lauramiller

Lauramiller Well-Known Member

I’ve used this a few times by now and the one thing I’d request is the ability to delete/ sell a building while in RC mode.

Zatrikon and RazorbackPirate like this.
  19. Zatrikon

Zatrikon Active Member

Yes, and perhaps the ability to buy/build new roads while in reconstruction mode.

But even without these features, I love this addition to the game!

20. nitlion2

nitlion2 New Member

Just used reconstruction mode for the first time, and I think it is a terrific addition to the game. When I combined its use with the FoE City Planner, it was more that sufficient just as is. Once I planned my new city (a simple task on which you can spend as little or as much time as you can devote), I sold or added the exact mix of buildings and road sections. I imagine most people will have excess streets for their new, optimized design. I did, so when I was ready, I just eliminated streets and went into reconstruction mode. Yes, eliminating streets left some unattached buildings, but because I had prepared ahead of time, it only took me less than an hour to set up the new city and Save. Because I used City Planner, none of the additions suggested here were necessary or missed.

The "purists" who gripe because this makes the game to easy are probably the same people who think I should walk 5 miles through the snow to borrow a book when I can get the same information on the internet and start learning more faster:) Good job developers. Thank you.