• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

DeletedUser29295

If you can show me a screenshot of the results you get from getting attacked with the 1/7 Rogue tactic that would be great.

As soon as I can I shall: I make notes on everything in this game. The defense I had used was 7 trebs and 1 HvyInf (I am in HMA). The attack was 1 Champ 7 Rogues. I lost 7 total troops while they lost all 8. My defensive stats at the time were 9%/160%, and his were 27%/27%. If it happens again (they are not in my hood ATM) I will do it for you.

Edited to add: The terraine had lots of rocks in it, some forest and a small area of swamp. Rest was plains.

DeletedUser

As one who attacks his neighbors on Sinerania constantly with 7 Rogues + 1 CE unit, I can tell you that defensive attack boost really has little bearing on the outcome. It is strictly defense boost plus type of units. I have no problem unless the defense boost is over 200% and they are using Champs, Assault Tanks, or a combo of those 2.

DeletedUser13838

As one who attacks his neighbors on Sinerania constantly with 7 Rogues + 1 CE unit, I can tell you that defensive attack boost really has little bearing on the outcome. It is strictly defense boost plus type of units. I have no problem unless the defense boost is over 200% and they are using Champs, Assault Tanks, or a combo of those 2.
This is probably the first time I've seen someone say that the attack boost for defenders doesn't matter much.

DeletedUser29295

As I said, I am only in HMA. I do have 5k battle wins, so I fight alot. It may be different as you advance in age, and maybe what worked in HMA will never work in CE. But I am taking my time to level my 2 defensive GB's before I move up in age. That is the best thing about FoE: you can take your time to play the way you want to.

DeletedUser

I guess if you had 0/1000 then it wouldn't matter. But what if you had 1000/0?
1000/0 would give the attacking unit a 1 hit kill barring reactive armor (assault tanks in CE). I'm assuming same age units.
Well, I would still have a very good chance, because they would hit my Rogues first, which negates all but 1 of those 1000 attack points. And, since I am using an Anti-Aircraft Vehicle as my 1 regular unit, they would get hit twice before they got to shoot again. So, unless they have reactive armor, they would be dead before getting to use the whole attack boost. (Insert evil laugh here.)

DeletedUser24787

each age is different some units do have a cheesy factor to them (older players will recall the much coveted rail guns before the nerf(how many claimed to quit if it didnt revert back)) but players learn how to improve/adapt and use certain tactics to defeat the A.I. , its up to clever players to figure a way around it or come here and request it be made easier

DeletedUser26965

This is the dumbest post I have read yet. Learn the game is all I can say or find another game you can figure out.
So what's the breaking point on defense value bonus in a CA city to repel a 1/7 Rogue tactic attack with 85% A/V value bonus?

DeletedUser13838

So what's the breaking point on defense value bonus in a CA city to repel a 1/7 Rogue tactic attack with 85% A/V value bonus?
Contact only works if the unit is in range and artillery can stay out of range. I just wouldn't use the CE artillery unit. :)

DeletedUser

Contact only works if the unit is in range and artillery can stay out of range. I just wouldn't use the CE artillery unit. :)
Sounds more like you're answering my earlier post rather than the one you quoted. In both GE and PvP, I have run across multiple different defense army combos. The only ones that give me trouble are the ones exclusively using Champs and CE Assault Tanks with high defense boost, like over 200%. Among other combos, I actually take more damage from CE Missile Artillery, because of the collateral damage, but artillery of any type doesn't slow me down much.

DeletedUser26965

Here's a recent attack on me. A mix of my Industrial units vs. 1 Champ/7 Rogue Colonial. Watching the fight my units hit every single Rogue first before anything. This is on Xyr been playing since it opened Jan 26, 2017 so nearly 5 months now.

fix this shit inno.JPG
cmcccnc - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

I am 48/531 and no one gets in with either CE or TE troops
531 okay, so that's probably beyond the breaking point for most attackers. I mean clearly there's always someone stronger but I'm not worried about that so much but it seems for most player it's somewhere between 200 to 500 percent defense value bonus. Would like to narrow that down and try to fugue what it would take and how long for a new city non diamond player to obtain that defensive value.

DeletedUser13838

Sounds more like you're answering my earlier post rather than the one you quoted. In both GE and PvP, I have run across multiple different defense army combos. The only ones that give me trouble are the ones exclusively using Champs and CE Assault Tanks with high defense boost, like over 200%. Among other combos, I actually take more damage from CE Missile Artillery, because of the collateral damage, but artillery of any type doesn't slow me down much.
Probably. The problem with missile artillery is that even with 1 shot kills it is really unlikely to take out 1 of anything with 7 rogues so it's useless as defense. In any event, I think we got sidetracked with the 1000/0 vs 0/1000 though personally I much prefer the chance of 1-shot kills but itdepends if you have units that can hit enemy units on the 1st move. Ultimately I'm better off if I can kill your units faster than you can kill mine. There's only so much a defensive boost can do. I'd much rather have a high attack boost and reactive armor and not worry about defense boosts.