• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

wolfhoundtoo

Nope they've actually changed that multiple times........they've just never quite got it right. What you see right now is the last version they implemented to try and deal with it.

As for me attributing to you what you know or don't know I'm doing the same thing you are about me: going off your posts. :) And those posts have shown a remarkable tendency to try and narrow down a discussion to the mechanics as the what YOU designate as 'fair' as if your judgment should somehow trump Inno's. Funny thing is all of the posts here by everyone (including me) are meant to convince the developers. Difference is your posts seem to think enough of an uproar in this forum will somehow make a difference or that Inno is making too much money (which is not only a judgement but one based on exactly zero data because not a one of us actually knows how much money they make off of any particular part of the game let alone in total).

DeletedUser26965

Let's just face reality that some people don't want their win button to go away.

Win Button
index.php

Making them earn it
making them work for it - Copy.JPG

No 1/7 Rogue Tactic here and no Watchfires

no rogue attacks - Copy.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

cbalto1927

Simple solution: allow the A/D bonus from Zeus, CoA and CdM to apply to city defense.

If that's the case, then nobody would be able to plunder another. Most of us leveled Zeus, CoA and CdM at very high levels. If anyone tries to do it then it simply would not be worth the loss of attacker's troops. just a thought.

DeletedUser28065

I suppose I find it offensive the AI is stupid in city defense regarding Rogues and yet they won't change it.

I'm being attacked by a player with 7 Rogues and an ARMORED CAR in Industrial Age??!???

And when the system "defends" my city against 1 armored car and 7 Rogues, of course it chooses to shoot every one of the Rogues first thereby creating an attacking force of EIGHT armored cars. NOBODY in their right mind would EVER choose to shoot any of the Rogues first in such a scenario. But the system does so every time and I lose the battle and get plundered.

Conversely, when I attack in GE battles the system certainly does defend against me MUCH more vigorously. My rhetorical question is why is there such a HUGE disparity in how the system plays defense?

DeletedUser25166

I'm being attacked by a player with 7 Rogues and an ARMORED CAR in Industrial Age??!???

And when the system "defends" my city against 1 armored car and 7 Rogues, of course it chooses to shoot every one of the Rogues first thereby creating an attacking force of EIGHT armored cars. NOBODY in their right mind would EVER choose to shoot any of the Rogues first in such a scenario. But the system does so every time and I lose the battle and get plundered.

Conversely, when I attack in GE battles the system certainly does defend against me MUCH more vigorously. My rhetorical question is why is there such a HUGE disparity in how the system plays defense?
1 age difference is not that bad. He worked on continent map while you were busy building public baths.

DeletedUser

No, actually the GE defense works exactly the same as your city defense. Which is why I can get to the end of level 4 every week if I so choose. Now the Continent Map defense does work differently, it will ignore the Rogues and go after your regular units, but the GvG/GE/PvP defenses all work the same.

Mustapha00

If that's the case, then nobody would be able to plunder another. Most of us leveled Zeus, CoA and CdM at very high levels. If anyone tries to do it then it simply would not be worth the loss of attacker's troops. just a thought.
I am somewhat loathe to bring up historical accuracy in a game that bears only slight resemblance to reality, but recall that, throughout most of history, the military advantage lay with the defender. That is, most definitely, not the case for the overwhelming majority of FoE players.

I raise the issue because it is much easier to boost offense in this game than it is to boost defense in this game. This imbalance has been only tangentially addressed by such things as the introduction of the Eternal Flame (which would be far better to be a 1x1 with +6% defense) as well as various Event rewards that boost defense.

DeletedUser24787

Simple solution: allow the A/D bonus from Zeus, CoA and CdM to apply to city defense.
that would be a bad idea from my understanding (please point out my misconception if i fail to understand your comment )
you want to add the stats from your current Offensive GB to the stats of the city defense OK, whats the purpose to the other 2 GB (st basil and deal castle) to add more stats on top of the stats you got from the GB most players focus on ?
why is it so hard to add more power to the dumb AI we ALL have.if you want to change the ai in our cities then also demand they change the ai in GE
As far as thinking rogues are OP they are a Premium unit so yes they will be better than the ones you make from core game.
Savvy players will use 1 main and 7 rogues this is a very effective tactic however if you have defenders with high attack power and great armor to help them thru the fight. Your attacker might just back off and seek a easier target to fight placing rogues in defense can work against you after certain ages where the rogues don't have enough movement over the other units that push forward aggressively.

the military advantage lay with the defender
if that is the case why are the GB introduced to be offensive first rather than defensive ?

Offensive GB
Statue of Zeus - Iron Age
Cathedral of Aachen - Early Middle Ages
Castle Del Monte - Late Middle Ages

Defensive GB
St. Basil -Late Middle Ages
Deal Castle- Colonial
(3rd one Unknown concept )

if you look at the release of these GB from my point of view they want you to build up your attack power early on(yes, shocking )
as you progress (what a scary concept ) you start to see the GBs that offer the ability to bolster your city defense if YOU choose to most don't they rather focus on attack power.

there is balance in the game you just have to work toward what you as a player want
competing against a camper or a premium player is just a uphill battle that you will have to accept

*edit done due to incorrect info first posted on the defensive GB age (thanks to Lord Muggle )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser11463

The higher up in ages/eras you go, the less valuable the rogue becomes. I think that Inno listened to some degree (or didn't realize the consequences) by creat the turt. 1 or 2 turts in your defense will pretty much turn all rogues into the other unit with 1 shot. Then you can have your other defenders do what they are supposed to do. You can't do all turts because they do nothing against flyers or invisible units. But they are awesome to clean up rogues with. No army is infallible and no amount of defense will stop all attackers. But that's part of the game. The best you can do is make it difficult or costly for the attacker. And that's the way it really should be. If there was a "perfect" defense then everyone would put that up and the game would be boring.

DeletedUser15539

I disagree that "rogues need to be limited".
Players who didn't collect on time pushed through making everyone in the neighborhood at same tech age at the beginning of the two week period, degrading the advantage of Dynamic Towers for everyone else. You're still getting plundered, so your next demand is to limit the rogues. What's next? Eliminating PvP altogether?

DeletedUser28503

So what's the breaking point on defense value bonus in a CA city to repel a 1/7 Rogue tactic attack with 85% A/V value bonus?
You would have to be more specific however I will give a example. Unless you have higher def boost them you cant stop them so your goal is make them bleed. If they are using 1 heavy 7 rogues use a def of all artillery, you will lose but they will lose units as well. Then next day switch your units in def from long range to fast or heavy. If they are good they will remember what you had and come in with fast or champ to hit ya and you might even beat them.
Now on to my advise. Quit worrying about being plundered or attacked. This is old but still good.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ʝɕ PSA's
Save Your goods Lesson for my young foe:
1: Da Bully
How do you beat the big bad bully in ur hood.
First most likely they are a gvg gem. IN that case set your pickups for 1 day or 2 day and have them timed to pop at reset.
They cant do both and use this critical time to your advantage.
Also attack the bully and retreat he is attacking you so don't be weak, then in hood chat post his defense army and %.
Next when they attack you post in hood chat, this helps other players learn the bullies pasterns..
Wait until after they attack you then set your goods to 1 day. You do this enough and they might give up checking..
2. Dont delete or make junk
Most attackers want the goods but some just want to stop your production.
Do not help them achieve there goals. If you delete them now your making nothing. So its a no win either side.
Sacrificing your bazaars is dumb as well. Why have them if you never get to use them.
3. Sacrifice a little to make a lot
Figure out there active times, if only a couple hit you then set a couple to 4hr prod.
Giving up 5 goods when you know they are going to attack lets you easily make 20 per building the rest of the 20hrs.
Time it right and you will still make a lot and not give away much.
4. Create a havoc space
Confuse them and make it hard to read your city, Spread out the goods across your city some on top some on bottom.
Also add small buildings that you don't collect next to the goods. This helps make the goods look like its up.
5. Be silly
Sometimes messaging them back with jokes makes you too hard to plunder, make them laugh and you might get a friend.
6. Send them a friend request and aid them well.
Sometimes a good aid of what they need is all it takes. Or if you are bp hunting use them and they will leave you be.
7. Last and not least just ask them nicely to please stop. You never know until you ask.

Now on to the def gb's they are crap you will lose and you will get beat so pickup on time and drop them stupid gb's they are junk and the space is worth so much more. Put up special event items that make goods and you will produce twice as much as you will ever lose. Last update to teh above is teh tavern diaper. If you got mad coin like I have close to 500k i think you could just keep putting up shield drop all def junk in ur city use that space to make more stuf. You will make more guaranteed then you will ever lose.

As for battle rogues etc.. rogues are part of teh game and its what keeps gvg alive across all the maps. I do not support anything that would limit one aspect of the game to make it easier on another.

JC

DeletedUser

6. Send them a friend request and aid them well.
Sometimes a good aid of what they need is all it takes. Or if you are bp hunting use them and they will leave you be.
While the rest of your advice is good and I agree with it, this is actually the only one that will work with me. Other than having 250+ defense %, that is. :D

DeletedUser26965

y r u people talking about plundering? get comprehension cuz dis aint about dat

DeletedUser

The suggestion is simple. Don't allow seven of anything to beat a valid defense of the age. Players found an exploit and it should be removed, end of story. At least offer the players some ability to defend against it with some ability. Meanwhile it just cheapens the game play as a small annoyance.
So, back on topic. The game does offer some ability to defend against it. Two GBs with attack/defense boost for your city defenders, Watchfires, Ritual Flames, the Monastery and other buildings.