• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rogues need to be limited

DeletedUser26154

DeletedUser26965

Defense GB's gives your units "Bite".
Yeah but I think to judge this matter in terms of what I think is good for the game I think that needs to be a bit more specific. We know 500% is most likely good for holding off the majority of attackers. The quote you quoted says 200% is no good if the attacker has 50/50. So how long would new non-diamond player need to get an amount of defensive value bonus to fend of 1/7 Rogue attacks?

DeletedUser

The quote you quoted says 200% is no good if the attacker has 50/50.
I would disagree with this. 200% defense, even with no accompanying attack boost, would give a 50/50 attacker fits, quite possibly fending him off. Of course, it depends on the offensive and defensive units involved, but if I attack with my 1 AAV/7 Rogues, and the defense has 200% or more defense boost with Champs and Assault Tanks, I retreat, even though I have 129/76 with the Tavern boost.

DeletedUser26965

I would disagree with this. 200% defense, even with no accompanying attack boost, would give a 50/50 attacker fits, quite possibly fending him off. Of course, it depends on the offensive and defensive units involved, but if I attack with my 1 AAV/7 Rogues, and the defense has 200% or more defense boost with Champs and Assault Tanks, I retreat, even though I have 129/76 with the Tavern boost.
Well if 200 is good enough why go 500+?

DeletedUser

Well if 200 is good enough why go 500+?
Because I don't consider my a/d boost to be all that high. Some players build barracks that add to the attack boost, and there are lots of players that have raised their attack GBs much higher than mine, which are obviously no higher than level 10. If my a/d boost was 150% or more, or if I were attacking units from an age lower than mine, I wouldn't retreat from these defenses.

DeletedUser26965

Because I don't consider my a/d boost to be all that high. Some players build barracks that add to the attack boost, and there are lots of players that have raised their attack GBs much higher than mine, which are obviously no higher than level 10. If my a/d boost was 150% or more, or if I were attacking units from an age lower than mine, I wouldn't retreat from these defenses.
Yes I'm aware of all this. See my point is I'm trying to find what makes sense in terms of "balance" in regards to the 1/7 Rogue tactic as it pertains to the player base as a whole. We know there's players who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars, been playing for years and can have over 500% A/D bonus. Then you have the beginner who spends no money who just started playing. Then you got the new world dynamic of both ends of that spectrum happening all at once. I'm seeking to look at this 17/Rogue tactic in a holistic way. Clearly a big spender who gets the RH/Diamond deal day one on a new world is going to beat everything for quite some time, frankly I think that's bogus but so be it. Now I don't think a player who spends no money should be able to be able to stop the big spender with the RH/Diamond deal day one using the 1/7 Rogue tactic but at some reasonable point they should be able to, imo opinion anyway. I'm seeking data to see how long it would take for that new player to be able to do that.

wolfhoundtoo

Most attacks that fail while using a 7 rogue
Yes I'm aware of all this. See my point is I'm trying to find what makes sense in terms of "balance" in regards to the 1/7 Rogue tactic as it pertains to the player base as a whole. We know there's players who spend hundreds or thousands of dollars, been playing for years and can have over 500% A/D bonus. Then you have the beginner who spends no money who just started playing. Then you got the new world dynamic of both ends of that spectrum happening all at once. I'm seeking to look at this 17/Rogue tactic in a holistic way. Clearly a big spender who gets the RH/Diamond deal day one on a new world is going to beat everything for quite some time, frankly I think that's bogus but so be it. Now I don't think a player who spends no money should be able to be able to stop the big spender with the RH/Diamond deal day one using the 1/7 Rogue tactic but at some reasonable point they should be able to, imo opinion anyway. I'm seeking data to see how long it would take for that new player to be able to do that.

They can stop him - by collecting on time. Inno (from my perspective but there's lots of evidence that indicates this) promotes as much online time as possible by the player base. That is ultimately why an attacker has such an advantage. Inno has implemented items that boost defending armies but on a very limited basis. Even the City shield is fairly expensive so that to fund it you have to be online enough so that all of your friends feel it's worth it to visit your tavern often enough to fund that option.

You can't simply discuss the balance of attack/defense in a vacuum like it doesn't impact many of the other aspects of the game. Your analysis is fundamentally flawed because you are only considering a limited aspect of the game. Like it or not the game making enough money to keep running is clearly a required element of an online game. :)

DeletedUser26965

Most attacks that fail while using a 7 rogue

They can stop him - by collecting on time. Inno (from my perspective but there's lots of evidence that indicates this) promotes as much online time as possible by the player base. That is ultimately why an attacker has such an advantage. Inno has implemented items that boost defending armies but on a very limited basis. Even the City shield is fairly expensive so that to fund it you have to be online enough so that all of your friends feel it's worth it to visit your tavern often enough to fund that option.

You can't simply discuss the balance of attack/defense in a vacuum like it doesn't impact many of the other aspects of the game. Your analysis is fundamentally flawed because you are only considering a limited aspect of the game. Like it or not the game making enough money to keep running is clearly a required element of an online game. :)
I don't see how a player being on 50 times a day or all day versus 1 time a day, or 5 minutes a day has anything to do with this. You checking in 50 times a day or being on all day won't stop the 1/7 Rogue tactic, or any attack for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26965

You can't simply discuss the balance of attack/defense in a vacuum like it doesn't impact many of the other aspects of the game. Your analysis is fundamentally flawed because you are only considering a limited aspect of the game. Like it or not the game making enough money to keep running is clearly a required element of an online game.
I'm not quite sure why you think I'm must not be thinking of Inno as a business, I get it, they want to make money, okay so would making the city defense a bit smarter to not attack Rogues first put inno out of business? It's not like this is some rare thing I'm talking about here. My opinion is that's it's too powerful and needs to be fixed and I'm certainly not the only one who recognizes that.

DeletedUser25166

I just added 8% more without spending. Don't lump 500% defense automatically with thousands of dollar players please.
Besides I can beat 200% defense, that's why I keep building up mine. Peace of mind

DeletedUser27889

I really hate to agree because I love my Rogues but I can admit they are overpowered.

The one angle I didn't notice anyone bring up was the Traz+Rogue Hideout+ All Ages factor. I have zero military buildings apart from 2 RH and 1 Champ, which means my traz spits out only rogues and champs at 2:1 rogues. I have only had traz for a few months but I have a couple hundred. I could lose a bunch and feel nothing.

With Rogues being all ages they collect and gather and do not become underpowered like previous eras champs do. I can take the same rogues traz spit out in LMA and use them now in IA and theyre just as good. I get all my era based military from GE or the Cmap and just pair them with Rogues. I can be in a new era with a single unit and be just as competitive there as when I had everything unlocked in my old era.

I think the only way to really combat this would be to make Rogues era dependent to work on troops of the same era, with hideouts needing to be 1Uped or Renod just like champs. IE a LMA Rogue would only transform so long as you had a LMA unit in your attacking army. That being said I REALLY don't want them to do that, but I could understand.

However, I don't think it favors one person over the other and isn't fair. While yes someone using 7+Rogues can cut your army and plunder... you can do it right back. The best offense to a plunderer is collecting on time. With the city shield option in the tavern there's an entirely new way to combat this.

Maybe the best thing would be if they came out with a new special unit specifically designed for city security that could tackle the rogue problem. This way they would still be making bank on rogues but have a new revenue stream.... And they leave my Rogues alone =)

DeletedUser28670

Maybe the best thing would be if they came out with a new special unit specifically designed for city security that could tackle the rogue problem. This way they would still be making bank on rogues but have a new revenue stream.... And they leave my Rogues alone =)
In theory, that's a good idea. In practice? I can already hear lots of people whining.

DeletedUser29295

Personally, I think the real issue at hand isn't rogues or A/D, I honestly think it is players moving up in ages long before they are ready to. They make a jump from BA to LMA quickly, then when they get wack-a-moled by players who are settled in that age, they run by moving up another age. Then they run into the same issue again and again. Where I am only in HMA I see it constantly here, and in speaking with others they have felt the same way.

Maybe the real issue behind that is Guilds "pushing" members to move up quickly: bringing pressure on them by saying "Oh you need a (enter GB name here) and you will be awesome." I have spent some time speaking with people in my hood (when I am not attacking/taxing them) and they constantly complain about how I "bully" them. When I tell them they are way to advanced in age compaired to what they have, they complain more. So I check the Guilds they belong to and read stuff, and then have decided that if they want to hang here, they have to pay.

Maybe I am cold and heartless, but I am here first to play for my enjoyment, then to help my Guild, then my friends. The hoodies come in somewhere between folding laundry and cleaning the cat box.

cbalto1927

Actually Inno did released a new unit called Turturret. This unit does turn rouges into regular unit and attacks multiple targets at once. Turturret is a unit designed to counter Rouges abilities. As for City defense, put two or 3 of these units as Defense. By time it attacker's turn, their units would be so weaken to mount a useful offense. :)

wolfhoundtoo

I'm not quite sure why you think I'm must not be thinking of Inno as a business, I get it, they want to make money, okay so would making the city defense a bit smarter to not attack Rogues first put inno out of business? It's not like this is some rare thing I'm talking about here. My opinion is that's it's too powerful and needs to be fixed and I'm certainly not the only one who recognizes that.

Why do people want rogue hideouts from the events? Because it's a very powerful building. As such people will spend diamonds to get them. Diamonds to unlock them. Why does Inno make it so much easier for the attacker especially from the very beginning? You can certainly plunder your way thru a hood for an easy profit in the bronze age. Why? Because it encourages players to play more often and helps to 'hook' them. Each and every item that Inno implements has an impact on the game dynamic and of course the revenue stream. You think you are the 1st to think rogues are over powered? You aren't the 1st and I'd bet a lot of money that you won't be the last............because your belief that somehow Inno doesn't KNOW how rogues impact game balance is just silly (The city shield came about roughly after a similar conversation as I recall so Inno's decision is made until/unless you can impact their revenue). Good luck with your quest. A year from now I'd be amazed if this thread wasn't still going with exactly zero changes to rogues. :D

DeletedUser26965

Why do people want rogue hideouts from the events? Because it's a very powerful building. As such people will spend diamonds to get them. Diamonds to unlock them. Why does Inno make it so much easier for the attacker especially from the very beginning? You can certainly plunder your way thru a hood for an easy profit in the bronze age. Why? Because it encourages players to play more often and helps to 'hook' them. Each and every item that Inno implements has an impact on the game dynamic and of course the revenue stream. You think you are the 1st to think rogues are over powered? You aren't the 1st and I'd bet a lot of money that you won't be the last............because your belief that somehow Inno doesn't KNOW how rogues impact game balance is just silly (The city shield came about roughly after a similar conversation as I recall so Inno's decision is made until/unless you can impact their revenue). Good luck with your quest. A year from now I'd be amazed if this thread wasn't still going with exactly zero changes to rogues. :D
I find it amazing what you attribute to me as to what you think I know or don't know. PvP is broken even without this as an issue as all battles count towards points, and yeah they need to change that as well but I guess you'll just say GvG AA point hunters are meant to be some revenue stream for Inno so it'll never change.