• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Rulebreakers Allowed

Algona

Your quote suggested that ignoring cheaters was an option. I disagreed.

My fault!. The pronoun 'they' I used int he first quote refers to the problems that cheaters can cause, not the cheaters themselves. I apologize for using an imprecise pronoun that led to confusion.

believe it does, but that you just don't care,

Can't even begin to understand this. Are you telling me that despite my explcitly saying otherwise you know my in game state, motivations, thought processes,,and techniques better then I do? Naw, can't be, no one is that arrogant. Just calling me a liar? I can live with that. Something else? What did I miss?

I also disagreed with your statement that they can all be solved or ignored

I reckon I understand that! You don't know the solution for something, so therefore there can't be a solution. I dig it. I'll bet that if(!) you ever get around to asking me about how I handle the problems cheaters might cause, you'll tell me I'm wrong despite the techniques having worked for years for me and my proteges.. But the much bigger bet will be that you'll never ask. If you do decide to quite pleasantly surprise me please do so in another thread or Uou have complete;y harshed my mellow in this thread.

that they can just be ignored.

Let's put that to rest. I'll repeat, I never said cheaters should be ignored. I've already apologized for my imprecision of using a pronoun, so let it rest and that way you can save your indignation for someone who deserves it.

You wanna complain about INNO not booing cheaters. Fine. But as with the cat and mice until you figure out how to get the bell on the cat, or in this case convince INNO to do something about cheaters, then all you're doing is complaining. Good lick with finding a solution, in years of reading these complaints not one person has come close to a reasonable solution to the real problem:

How does the player base ger INNO to boot cheaters?

I suspect that you could come up with a solution to that, you're bright with a lot of enthusiasm. If you put half the effort into solving the problem that you have in doubting me, misreading what I say, and instead of asking for clarification, assuming the worst in what I say, you'll find an answer.

Have fun with (Heh. I almost said 'it'. but I've already made that mistake of using an imprecise pronoun) with finding the solution. Or continued complaining, or objecting to anything that anyone says that does not agree exactly with your notions. Whichever you enjoy.

Salsuero

Algona indicated to you that Inno isn't likely to do anything, and since the impact on you is minimal, its not worth getting upset about. I simply suggested that this was good advice.

And I simply disagreed. Fair? I think so.

And, no, you absolutely don't have any real perspective on this issue. Perspective is the ability to step outside your own personal situation and see the bigger picture.

Says you, however I'm the one who started this conversation, so it's entirely about my perspective. You might try your own advice and see things from someone else's perspective if you choose to comment.

Anyone that has been here long enough would know:

1. That this issue has been raised numerous times in the past:
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/pushing-account.10475/
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/multiple-accounts.858/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com...on-your-definition-of-pushing-accounts.30006/
https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/push-accounts.31078/

In each case, someone asked/complained about push accounts, and INNO's lack of action. If you hadn't joined the forums 4 weeks ago, you would have seen these.

I've been here. My join date only shows when I chose to sign up to gain the ability to post. Just because others have raised the question (and I don't see why a fifth time is a problem considering there were four times before) doesn't mean I can't ask it in my own way. I'm not trying to jump on to someone else's answer train. I was looking for my own objective conversation based on my personal "perspective". Thanks for providing that.

2. INNO sets the rules. They can choose to enforce them as they see fit.

That is an absolutely ridiculous supposition and it only makes me believe you are here specifically to troll.

Whether I like or don't like cheating is largely irrelevant, as I can't force INNO to enforce its rules. I can either choose to accept that it goes on, or I can quit. I accept those as my only two options.

Glad you enjoy having no voice. I view things from a different "perspective".

You clearly see a third, which is to scream pointlessly into your keyboard.

No one screaming at all. You're just raging for the sake of raging because apparently everything triggers you. This had nothing to do with screaming. I asked a legitimate question. You chose to make it about your "perspective" -- which is fine -- but you also chose to attempt a position of superiority and belittle my view and the views of others in your responses. That's unfortunate.

Salsuero

My fault!. The pronoun 'they' I used int he first quote refers to the problems that cheaters can cause, not the cheaters themselves. I apologize for using an imprecise pronoun that led to confusion.

Fair enough.

Can't even begin to understand this. Are you telling me that despite my explcitly saying otherwise you know my in game state, motivations, thought processes,,and techniques better then I do? Naw, can't be, no one is that arrogant. Just calling me a liar? I can live with that. Something else? What did I miss?

I'm actually attempting a very reasonable paraphrase of how you seem to feel about how to deal with them. You seem to be taking the I don't care mindset and just ignoring these people. I repeated that you did in fact say that you would like to see cheaters dealt with, but then you suggested that my position wasn't important because this only really applies to GvG situations. Since I disagree, it follows to me that you must not care about the other ways it impacts the game, not that you don't care that they aren't being dealt with.

I reckon I understand that! You don't know the solution for something, so therefore there can't be a solution. I dig it. I'll bet that if(!) you ever get around to asking me about how I handle the problems cheaters might cause, you'll tell me I'm wrong despite the techniques having worked for years for me and my proteges.. But the much bigger bet will be that you'll never ask. If you do decide to quite pleasantly surprise me please do so in another thread or Uou have complete;y harshed my mellow in this thread.

I don't think you understand. I don't accept cheaters period... solution or not. It's not that I can't survive here without them. I'm perfectly "capable" of ignoring them and/or not paying attention to how they impact the game in the manner I see it. The point for me is that it is a fundamental issue for me that they are allowed to persist. I'm not saying I need help playing the game while they exist. I'm saying I do not understand how this company, which has people who pay real money playing, some investing quite a lot of money in fact, would allow people who subvert the rules to coexist with those rules. It's a principled issue for me, not one that requires a solution (other than the solution of removing those people from the game).

Let's put that to rest. I'll repeat, I never said cheaters should be ignored. I've already apologized for my imprecision of using a pronoun, so let it rest and that way you can save your indignation for someone who deserves it.

Fair enough.

You wanna complain about INNO not booing cheaters. Fine. But as with the cat and mice until you figure out how to get the bell on the cat, or in this case convince INNO to do something about cheaters, then all you're doing is complaining. Good lick with finding a solution, in years of reading these complaints not one person has come close to a reasonable solution to the real problem:

How does the player base ger INNO to boot cheaters?

Complaining has and continues to be a viable means to effect change. It may not be 100% effective, and it may not work in my case. But I'm complaining because I choose to.

I suspect that you could come up with a solution to that, you;re a bright guy with a lot of enthusiasm. If you put half the effort into solving the problem that you have in doubting me, misreading what I say, and instead of asking for clarification, assuming the worst in what I say, you'll find an answer.

Have fun with (Heh. I almost said 'it'. but I've already made that mistake of using an imprecise pronoun) with finding the solution. Or continued complaining, or objecting to anything that anyone says that does not agree exactly with your notions. Whichever you enjoy.

I'm surprised that you think I'm that petty. I didn't complain about your use of pronouns. I simply reacted to a statement... whether you meant it that way or not, I couldn't know. You corrected yourself to apply a more accurate meaning and I'm fine with that. Let's not continue with the "you think my use of pronouns is an issue" commentary. I never had an issue with how you said anything... only the what you said. If the how gets in the way of the what, miscommunication can occur. Clearly that's what happened in this case.

DeletedUser25166

Most of the cheaters on S world spend Diamonds/money, so INNO won’t ban them. And most are GvG players, so INNO knows they will keep spending.
It is unfair and pure bull$hit that it is allowed to continue

DeletedUser

I ordered a 12 inch subway once, brought it home and it only measured 11 7/8", of course I complained and took it back to the shop. I was welcomed with a new sub but that was only 11 15/16" of course I got a new one after I proved that, then I received a sub that was 12 1/8". I returned the 1/8" I did not pay for.

My goodness life must just be tuff for some folks that play a game on the internet and expect the internet and life to be fair.

Next week I am going to start measuring 1/4 pounders from MCD, mostly they are with cheese so I am not sure how to measure the cheese, or maybe I can ask for an uncooked one to verify, I am not sure exactly how to do this, perhaps someone can help me waste my time and life doing this experiment with clever ideas. I really want to go back to MCD with a patty that weighs .247 and complain until I get a patty that is .255 and return the .005 to make my purchase fair.

I remember one of the first things I learned about life, 'life is fair', really and who ever tells you otherwise has no clue what they are talking about.

Cheers

Salsuero

I remember one of the first things I learned about life, 'life is fair', really and who ever tells you otherwise has no clue what they are talking about.

I remember the rule I was taught: cheating has consequences. If not, you have anarchy. Why shouldn't I go create a duplicate account if I know I won't be punished? Accountability to the rules is important to those of us who feel being able to get away with something isn't justification for doing that thing and just because rules aren't enforced doesn't mean they shouldn't be. Your trolling was most entertaining. Thanks for contributing constructively to the conversation.

DeletedUser27184

Cheating like Plundering happens. Its HIGHLY annoying, and it can be easily dealt with within the game.
The real hurdle is the psychological hurdle. To allow your self to see:
1. How insignificant is the issue,
2. How easily it can be countered or ignored with minimal consequences.
3. How much you personally hate cheaters and this effect your judgment, turning a small stone into a huge boulder.

I hate cheaters. But the game is fun, and its not worth stopping playing, or even getting angry because of them. The game is fine even with them, so keep enjoying yourself in the game.

To learn to ignore cheaters and plunderers is hard, but it helps a lot. Go and report on them (cause they cheat). But don't let Inno decision hurt your game. You did you part with the cheaters, now let go, and move and enjoy yourself.

Salsuero

Cheating like Plundering happens. Its HIGHLY annoying, and it can be easily dealt with within the game.
The real hurdle is the psychological hurdle. To allow your self to see:
1. How insignificant is the issue,

I totally know it is. But I'm still not willing to ignore and excuse it. So it still affects me.

2. How easily it can be countered or ignored with minimal consequences.

That's fine if that's how you wanna deal with them. Totally your prerogative.

3. How much you personally hate cheaters and this effect your judgment, turning a small stone into a huge boulder.

I don't think it affects my judgment to not want to tolerate playing with cheaters. I think that's a fairly reasonable desire. I don't want cheaters in the game. There are rules against them. I feel it is completely reasonable of me to expect the company to deal with them when presented with irrefutable proof. That doesn't seem unfair of me to expect, in my opinion.

I hate cheaters. But the game is fun, and its not worth stopping playing, or even getting angry because of them. The game is fine even with them, so keep enjoying yourself in the game.

To learn to ignore cheaters and plunderers is hard, but it helps a lot. Go and report on them (cause they cheat). But don't let Inno decision hurt your game. You did you part with the cheaters, now let go, and move and enjoy yourself.

To each, his own. You do you... I do me. I just wanted to discuss why Inno chooses to completely ignore the obvious cheaters when presented with evidence and perhaps they might get a whiff of the complaining here in the forums. Perhaps. Unlikely. But why not speak out when you feel an injustice is occurring, even if only a slight one in other people's minds.

DeletedUser25166

I ordered a 12 inch subway once, brought it home and it only measured 11 7/8", of course I complained and took it back to the shop. I was welcomed with a new sub but that was only 11 15/16" of course I got a new one after I proved that, then I received a sub that was 12 1/8". I returned the 1/8" I did not pay for.

My goodness life must just be tuff for some folks that play a game on the internet and expect the internet and life to be fair.

Next week I am going to start measuring 1/4 pounders from MCD, mostly they are with cheese so I am not sure how to measure the cheese, or maybe I can ask for an uncooked one to verify, I am not sure exactly how to do this, perhaps someone can help me waste my time and life doing this experiment with clever ideas. I really want to go back to MCD with a patty that weighs .247 and complain until I get a patty that is .255 and return the .005 to make my purchase fair.

Cheers
Hey fatso, you missed the point of cheating. It is not about your stupid example, it is about the fact INNO explicitly says no dual accounts and when confronted with evidence, does nothing. Why? Because the cheater spends money.

DeletedUser8428

Hey fatso, you missed the point of cheating. It is not about your stupid example, it is about the fact INNO explicitly says no dual accounts and when confronted with evidence, does nothing. Why? Because the cheater spends money.

Thanks for the clarity but I'm thinking you could have skipped the nastiness.

DeletedUser14354

That is an absolutely ridiculous supposition and it only makes me believe you are here specifically to troll.

If you definition of "troll" is pointing out objective reality to you, then I guess.

DeletedUser

You missed my point, you want to discuss problems about cheating and ethics, great, human trafficking, terrible choices to vote for, corps exploiting people, pollution, taking away rights. For sure.

Talking about a game no ever wins, loses or finishes, and complaining, really who cares, someone has a higher level this or that and can get more fake stuff then me, really who cares. If FOE shut down in the morning who would win? Not you, not me, not anyone, or the person with the most pixels. I do know the sun will still appear.

More important things in life like, why is my 12 inch sub only 11 15/16" ? If Jared was not doing time down the hill in Denver for exploiting children, I would ask him how much of that 1/16th help him lose weight.

DeletedUser

post one example where you have personally lost property (real stuff like a car or cash or a 12" sub) from someone one with a push account, or have been harmed like a black eye or hurt and had to see a doctor something like that.

Like real stuff that actually effects your lively hood and freedom in life, I want to know because if these push accounts are hurting you I am with you, I do not think push accounts should be affecting your real life. other then that bwhaha my arc is higher then yours, and who cares

Salsuero

You missed my point, you want to discuss problems about cheating and ethics, great, human trafficking, terrible choices to vote for, corps exploiting people, pollution, taking away rights. For sure.

Nothing to do with this game.

Talking about a game no ever wins, loses or finishes, and complaining, really who cares

I do.

More important things in life like, why is my 12 inch sub only 11 15/16" ? If Jared was not doing time down the hill in Denver for exploiting children, I would ask him how much of that 1/16th help him lose weight.

That's your opinion.