• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SHAH JAHAN Historical Questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26965

Maybe useful for a new player who hasn't earned many other special buildings.
I wish they would give players a choice of rewards. Some things, as you mention, are actually good for newer cities for some players until they can be replaced with their better versions, SSW/SoK is another example of this. There's a few playstyles to this game, some players been here forever at the end game maxed out on goodies, some just starting, perhaps they could better events with prize choices fitting all these types of players.

rustyschopshop

I think the event buildings are much too big most of the time. I know Inno wants us to invest $ to get land but as many events as there are 3x3 for each event should be big enough. Eventually will need to purchase land to put up GB but find it hard to quantify when event buildings keep taking all the land I gain. Events should be here to keep and bring players and not discourage them by leaving them empty on land.

Algona

I think the event buildings are much too big most of the time. I know Inno wants us to invest $ to get land but as many events as there are 3x3 for each event should be big enough. Eventually will need to purchase land to put up GB but find it hard to quantify when event buildings keep taking all the land I gain. Events should be here to keep and bring players and not discourage them by leaving them empty on land.

I don't agree with this. I'm a cheapskate, err, I mean, a freeroller who has not spent any money on this game. I've never wanted for the Diamonds to buy the Diamond Expansions. There are a lot out there if you look for them. Including a chance in the Event itself from Random Rewards.

Make haste more slowly.

The space problem is there, but we all face it. Understanding when to replace mundane buildings with GBs and Special Event Buildings will take you a long way.

DeletedUser29360

I'm sorry, so 2 Wishing Wells take up 18 squares and I am being offered a Wishing Well, that I have to collect from 2 times a day, with only 16 squares? I don't think I'll even bother to do this quest-line, if you only offer me a garbage reward. And I certainly won't place this reward building in my city, space is precious enough and this reward doesn't seem like I'd want it, for the kind of space it will take.

DeletedUser2355

More clutter buildings that I will never use. I used to look forward to the events. Now I dread them. All these supply production related quests that force me to keep all these blacksmiths in my city. I used to look forward to the potential to obtain some premium buildings, medals. At the very least a premium cultural building. I especially feel sorry for lower age players. No current age barracks on offer at all. More and more these events are just an annoyance.

DeletedUser

lol, go read the beta forum on the summer event and show me that 99% adoration :D but I'm sure you'll have a celebratory post the second it's announced here ay? Bet ya already got it written just waiting:p
https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/feedback-summer-event-2017.7535/
I have Celebratory Posts, Memes, Witty Sayings...

View attachment 4849

Made months if not years in advance, my old chum.
Here is a Celebratory Post for the new event.
upload_2017-6-10_15-51-30.jpeg
As you can see, it is very excited. :cool:

DeletedUser26154

it is very excited.

I've always loved Events.
Any MMO, any time of the year, for any reason.
Collecting Easter Eggs?
I'm all for it.
Pick Apples?
Count me in.

It's better to have something to do, and not do it...
Than to have nothing to do, and want.

I won't always use a prize.

MBall.png

I still have this from last year.

This Event's prize is either hit or miss.
You either like Wishing Wells, or you don't.
So this time... this prize won't go over too well.
But it's still an easy event.

Let's not overlook the most important change.
How the Unpleasant Mandatory Quests are either removed, or lessened.
Who can complain about that?

One will always get more with kind words and encouragement.
That's why I pump up these events.
I shine a Positive Light.

weblife.png

I accent the Good Things.

DeletedUser26965

Collecting Easter Eggs?
I'm all for it.
Pick Apples?
Count me in.

I won't always use a prize.

View attachment 4882

I still have this from last year.

Let's not overlook the most important change.
How the Unpleasant Mandatory Quests are either removed, or lessened.
Who can complain about that?

I shine a Positive Light.

View attachment 4883

I can appreciate that though it's my opinion that doing so even before an event starts is trite and shallow. You've given no thought or had experience with that actual event to give a good assessment. Nearly every single comment about the Summer Event is negative and yet the first thing you'll do is make out like it's the greatest thing since sliced bread before it even starts when it's posted on here. And why are your damn comments always in song form? And why are you clogging up Inno with all these attachments? THE LAG THE LAG!!!!

DeletedUser26965

I like these events
So you just like events, that's it, even without playing them, they're all equal no matter how bad or good because all events are good. Do we really need to know that? I like events too but don't feel the need to repeat that info for every event. So what is the purpose? You got what you want it seems, nearly year round events now. Soon they'll have to start stacking them. Frankly I think that's too much. I'd much rather play the game.

DeletedUser25166

I'm all for it.

Count me in.

tons of things to do besides Event after Event. This smells of desperation on INNO's part, trying to pump up a faltering game or income stream with diamond event after another

DeletedUser26154

So you just like events, that's it, even without playing them,

Yes.

Do we really need to know that?

Yes.

So what is the purpose? You got what you want it seems, nearly year round events now.

Yes.

Soon they'll have to start stacking them.

I can only hope.

This smells of desperation on INNO's part

Yes.
They are desperate to keep their customers happy.

trying to pump up a faltering game or income stream

images (13).jpg

Who wouldn't?

DeletedUser27218

The last event only two of 39 guild members was able to go for it. It comes down to land. When you are on a Age, you would like to be able to acquire the goods for a the Great Buildings of that Age, So that when you finally gather all the blueprints you can build it. Then you advance an Age, Replace your goods buildings and start to acquire goods for the GB's of that Age. With all the Events they have had lately my guild is far ahead of their ages on the map, so you either spend diamonds or you can not complete the quest when you get to conquer a sector. I do not think any of the 39 can go for it.

I think on the minor events, conquering a sector should not be one of the quests.

Zatrikon

Not that it necessarily completely solves the problem, but one mitigating factor is that two wishing wells both need a road connection, but this one hedge maze only needs one road connection.

But my main complaint about these events, is that they're pretty much all the same. And there are plenty of other problems in the game that they could be working on instead.

I like the few slight differences in this one, like "scout a province OR do some GE".

DeletedUser28903

Wow, no wonder Inno ignores all the Beta complaints. You guys are worse than the Israelites in the desert with Moses. Yet your descriptions of the wheel and tickets make clear that the main prizes are not going to be all there is to it. I am gonna have a HAUL of other stuff. And it sounds like awesome fun, too.

Now WHERE is the SPOILER list of quests so I can prepare properly????

DeletedUser27218

Well, after reading the spoiler, the only way anyone in my guild can complete the main event is to spend diamonds to get the goods needed to negotiate since our maps are so far ahead. So none of my 39 will be taking part.