• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SHAH JAHAN Historical Questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser25277

Definitely too big for the rewards it offers. 3X3 should be the size.

garazon

I have to agree, it's too big for what it offers, I have one in beta an rarely get anything other than coins/supplies , occasionally medals and got goods only once or twice. Although I generally like these events, I think for the first time in 3 years, I may not be bothered

DeletedUser27468

I have to agree, it's too big for what it offers, I have one in beta an rarely get anything other than coins/supplies , occasionally medals and got goods only once or twice. Although I generally like these events, I think for the first time in 3 years, I may not be bothered
absolutely agree, i think Inno should take stat on beta forum, how many ppl raise the building set. I think spring set is quite successful since many raise them.

Otherwise what a waste of developer time to prepare such an event if no one will raise it. I value culture and really appreciate Inno to incorporate in the game. but with enormous space needed, I doubt anyone will sacrifice their valuable space to raise it

DeletedUser13838

So it is a wishing well that can be used every 12 hours? No thanks. I'd rather have 2 wishing wells that can be used every 24 hours.

DeletedUser26154

enormous space needed

I agree with this.
The prize is a double Wishing Well for all intents and purposes.
On a 12 hour timer...
Nothing else has a 12 hour timer.
I'm not a big fan of the Wishing Well anyway.

7 ww.png

I have a feeling I'll eventually place these in my city.
Along with the Prize for this Event.
Once I'm all caught up with my goods productions.

It is a Beautiful Prize to look at.
Pleasing to the eye.

68c2393512887d557591cb8acb97b0dd.png

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Hedge_Maze

I'm doing the Event because Inno offers it.

DeletedUser12584

Wait, does it produce diamonds? It looks like it does on the Wiki page.

DeletedUser28903

It looks like it gives 50 diamonds every day. Inno would go broke if it did that. A Beta person posted here that it really gives one thing every 12 hours--a 12-hour wishing well. The wiki is not clear. Please fix the wiki. Thank you.

Ylisaveta

It looks like it gives 50 diamonds every day

It works the same way as a Wishing Well. WW's have a chance of giving diamonds on each collection (which is every 12 hours for the Hedge Maze). The chance of diamonds has been estimated at a little less than 1% by players who have tracked their WW's over months. You will get coins, supplies, medals, goods, and fps far more often.

Algona

Might go all the way on this Event in the PME city and the new IA city. Don't want the Maze for either right now, Already have 10 WW (5 more in Inventory!) in PME, but lvl 10 Chateaus luvs me some Random Rewards. Too big for IA. maybe build it when it jumps to EMA. Dunno.

Rather see an extra two weeks of Summer Event. :D

Another Event. Sure, why not?

DeletedUser10428

I like the cultural aspect of the historical quest lines. The question for me is: Is the quest worth doing based on the expected prize. In this case (as with many quest lines), the answer is no. The space this building uses is too much for the expected rewards.

I would like Inno to be more creative with the rewards. It would be nice to see FP packages the range from 5 to 100 FPS (weighted so the higher age player has a better chance of receiving the 100 FP package) in the Wishing Well or similar special building. Or possibly troops from the next age (a historical quest line could be formed from from a battle (i.e. Gettysburg) or Military figure (i.e. Clausewitz) who advanced warfare to new tactical level).

DeletedUser27889

I'll bother with the quests up until they get counterproductive to my game just for the individual quest rewards. I have no interest in this building. I have WW in my inventory I don't have room for so why bother with something bigger? The building looks nice but to keep restating what inno doesn't seem to want to hear or deal with, we have no room for these things.

If they are going to keep coming out with new buildings and expect us to build them they are going to have to rework their concept on expansions. It was difficult fitting in all you needed to operate your city as is, there is no extra room for all of these new buildings.

The wiki is also fairly misleading. On first glance it looks like a production building where you can choose diamonds. Only at the bottom does it say 'random production' and NOWHERE does it say diamonds are not an equal chance of the others as one would see displayed.

DeletedUser22283

The 'vocal minority,' myself included, want nothing to do with this 5x4 building. Here's a solution, give the players a blue print of a new Great Building called... the Taj Mahal! Also give them a wishing well, just to be nice. Oh, you don't have time to create a new GB? You didn't think that'd be a good idea to pre-plan several new GB's that could be deployed in various ages? You don't have some artist who just creates new buildings for these sort of situations? Well, maybe ya should.

DeletedUser26154

The 'vocal minority,' myself included, want nothing to do with this 5x4 building.

Wishing Well-type buildings... of that size... look much better on paper and sound real good.
But with that 12-hour timer...
The mechanics downplay the Beauty of the piece itself.

Now if that Bad Boy gave... Forge Points for example...
Toss in some coins, who cares if it adds population.
A Forge Point Hedge Maze would go over well with the people.

I have no complaints or gripes about the Event...
How the hell can I?
It's a minor, filler event, like Extra Credit.
Do it if you want to, but the prize is minor.

But I have to say again, it is a Beautiful Piece.
I will save it then install it in Praxis City in the planned future.
About two or three months from now to be more exact.

Most important, is Inno taking the time to give us filler mini-events.
They do it on purpose to keep us happy and to give most of us something to do at any given time.
I skipped the Halloween Event last year.
I like to progress my city so doing scouts, tech research, conquer, etc, is fine by me.

Please keep the Events coming.
99% of the players adore your work.

52d77d5f5f2c29518d0982ae42602578.png

I know this because I talk to a lot of them on at least a weekly basis.

Praetorius

Would the Hedge Maze be worth it if it gave all of the non-diamond productions instead of just one of them?

Last edited:

DeletedUser25273

Yes, it works just like a wishing well with a 12 hour period. 2 wishing wells are slightly smaller in foot print, so not great as an economic choice. Maybe useful for a new player who hasn't earned many other special buildings. It does look like it goes well with the Summer event building (but maybe read the comments on that too).