• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

SHAH JAHAN Historical Questline

• Thread starter DeletedUser4770
  • Start date

DeletedUser26154

My guess is he doesn't understand how the operator OR works (or he missed it)...

I don't understand the "Goods Thing" he mentioned.
Here's a partial list of my goods.

f6b688e543340bb2975d446bc44fc856.png

Not really in good shape.

I have things called "Goods Buildings".
I have a lot of them.
15 to be exact.
Yellow Arrows point them out.

praxis 6 10 2017.png

I make goods with them.
I trade for what I need.
I do not put myself into a position where I am disabled.
I can't see how 40 people, in the same guild, can not do this.

Remember Kings and Queens:
If you put yourself into a bad position, it's not Inno's fault.

DeletedUser26965

My guess is he doesn't understand how the operator OR works (or he missed it)...
This event still has a gain a province with no option. The way it reads to me everyone in his guild made the common mistake of overextending the cmap beyond their goods production capabilities. Now while I find it unlikely that all 40 players in the same guild have this same problem all at the same time I think we all have recognized with so many events and quests pushing the map and research it's become a nuisance, thankfully though Inno finally recognized that and finally rolling out options for said quests. I believe the Summer Event will have an option for gain a province.

ODragon

This event still has a gain a province with no option. The way it reads to me everyone in his guild made the common mistake of overextending the cmap beyond their goods production capabilities.
Actually, if you go directly by what his last sentence said, no one is participating which isn't true, they might choose not to complete it but they can certainly participate...

ODragon

Interesting update.... maybe bug but maybe just odd programming...

Just got to
Quest 4:

• Shah Jahan: "Scout a province OR Solve 12 Guild Expedition Encounters" and "Spend 11 Forge Points"
And already showing the green check mark for the first part.

I'm guessing since I participated in GC last week and that is still up (albeit completed), I am getting credit. Go me!

DeletedUser26965

Actually, if you go directly by what his last sentence said, no one is participating which isn't true, they might choose not to complete it but they can certainly participate...
I'm not sure why you're pointing this out to me. He said none of his guild will take part by which I take to mean they won't be doing the event apparently because none of them can finish the last quest so what would be the point in only doing some of it.

DeletedUser26965

THIS EVENT STILL HAS A GAIN A PROVINCE WITH NO OPTION

WHY NO OPTION WHEN IT COMES TO PROVINCES ???

LOPSIDED MAPS TO RESEARCH WILL NOT ATTRACT NEWER PLAYERS TO STAY!

AND WHY NO EXPANSIONS FOR FINISHING A QUEST ?

ACQUIRE A PROVINCE OR SPEND 200 FORGE POINTS ( THERE'S AN OPTION)
I think you need more caps, bigger and brighter text, I'm sure that will get the job done. Or you could just wait because they already addressed the issue some time ago and said they are rolling out the options with each event not all at once. And you want more land expansions? How original.

DeletedUser27218

I guess I should explain the situation.

About six months ago, a group of new players started a guild and asked me if I would help them. There were 12 then. They wanted me because I had an Ob and they wanted to use it get equip the guild with Obs. I brought in a friend that also had an Ob. Then they brought in a bunch of their friends. So for the last six months we have been putting our fps into Obs. So we just finished up that project, Built the last Ob Friday. So I have around 30 people still Iron Age and maybe 7 new EMAs.

But as you all know we have had several Major Events and a butt load of Minor Events in that six month period. All of their maps are in HMA, a few LMA and one in the CA. I clear the first map 3 events ago and have just made CA myself.

I used what goods I had to help them conquer a sector. And just recently helped one of my guild mates in EMA put a St Basil's and one in LMA put up a Traz. I just recently put my Deal. So I am all gooded out.

One of the problems is that in several events they asked you to infiltrate 3 sectors, then in a later quest to scout a province. All good right. But if you had to scout a province to have something to infiltrate, then scout a province again. Another situation we ran into was having to conquer a sector to be able to get a province to scout.

Noted the last Event seemed better as far as which came first scouting or infiltration.

Now was my guild wrong to want to go ahead and get everyone equipped with Obs, it is not my place to say, all I can do is support their decision and help or leave and find another guild. Nor do I think anyone here can make a judgement on how they run their guild. They are now working to get everyone with Zues and build their trees to move into EMA. They are building the guild their way. Their right.

So as I said before their maps are over extended from many Events and I do not have enough goods to help them all, so I will help none. As far as myself goes. my map is also over extended a bit, but not too bad. So my choice is too spend diamonds or not worry about it. I do not have any room now as it is and already have 17 wishing wells and a fountain of youth that I can't put room for so I also will not worry about this event.

I still wish they did not have conquer a sector on Minor Events, but hey, that is just my opinion, Nothing More

Algona

THIS EVENT STILL HAS A GAIN A PROVINCE WITH NO OPTION

WHY NO OPTION WHEN IT COMES TO PROVINCES ???

LOPSIDED MAPS TO RESEARCH WILL NOT ATTRACT NEWER PLAYERS TO STAY!

AND WHY NO EXPANSIONS FOR FINISHING A QUEST ?

ACQUIRE A PROVINCE OR SPEND 200 FORGE POINTS ( THERE'S AN OPTION)

Don't do that. Ginormous underlined italica all caps lock off color text is nor needed to emphasize a valid point.

Quit fshouting. It's annoying.

Algona

I still wish they did not have conquer a sector on Minor Events, but hey, that is just my opinion,

Seems reasonable and nice job with the new Guild.

Skip the Event, the prize ain;t wrth the candle.

Consider it a valuable lesson to teach your new players: Sometimes you just can;t do everything under time limits.

ODragon

Skip the Event, the prize ain;t wrth the candle..

I agree with almost all of this. Skip the last quest because the prize isn't good. Don't skip 1-11 that can all be done with pretty easily. Think of it like bonus loot for doing what you are most likely doing anyway.

It is also a good way to use some of the things you win from GE but don't have a use for. (IE, I placed a Cultural building I won in GE, passed the quest and immediately sold it).

DeletedUser24787

a event is a event you can partake and "attempt"(keyword) to complete it if you want the end prize that bad then do what it takes. ?Not every event is great for Free to play type players sure the ppl that spend money on the game will get a bit more than a non spender its a game and the game needs to generate money or there will be no game. if you think this event is bad wait a few weeks for the summer event and the many changes that took place .Complaining that certain tasks are unachievable is ridiculous,sure some are repetitive but no one is forced to do them ,you can actually keep playing the game as if there was no event going on,.....imagine that ....sure is sucks you cant get the end reward prize that will sit in your inventory since its a space hog OH WELL move one and prep for the next one if you have any desire for it ,they provide us a OPEN BETA anyone can join and play there , the info is not exactly secret before it hits live servers but some ppl just dont look for answers they just want a give me rewards option

feedback for the event is short ,easy , not a prize i will use anytime soon the dimensions are something that will not fit into my current city layout just another prize , the list of quest with actual variation was a welcome change

DeletedUser27218

Complaining that certain tasks are unachievable is ridiculous,sure some are repetitive but no one is forced to do them ,you can actually keep playing the game as if there was no event going on,.....imagine that ....sure is sucks you cant get the end reward prize that will sit in your inventory since its a space hog OH WELL move one and prep for the next one if you have any desire for it

I was actually not complaining. I was giving feedback. And yes that is what we are doing Harbinger, playing as if there is no event. I also gave the reason for missing the Event.

I apologize if it looked as if I was whining,.... I just assumed that as creative as the developers are , they could do quests that do not always require one to conquer a sector. But they would not know if I did voice my opinion, but definitely not complaining

DeletedUser26965

I guess I should explain the situation.

About six months ago, a group of new players started a guild and asked me if I would help them. There were 12 then. They wanted me because I had an Ob and they wanted to use it get equip the guild with Obs. I brought in a friend that also had an Ob. Then they brought in a bunch of their friends. So for the last six months we have been putting our fps into Obs. So we just finished up that project, Built the last Ob Friday. So I have around 30 people still Iron Age and maybe 7 new EMAs.

But as you all know we have had several Major Events and a butt load of Minor Events in that six month period. All of their maps are in HMA, a few LMA and one in the CA. I clear the first map 3 events ago and have just made CA myself.

I used what goods I had to help them conquer a sector. And just recently helped one of my guild mates in EMA put a St Basil's and one in LMA put up a Traz. I just recently put my Deal. So I am all gooded out.

One of the problems is that in several events they asked you to infiltrate 3 sectors, then in a later quest to scout a province. All good right. But if you had to scout a province to have something to infiltrate, then scout a province again. Another situation we ran into was having to conquer a sector to be able to get a province to scout.

Noted the last Event seemed better as far as which came first scouting or infiltration.

Now was my guild wrong to want to go ahead and get everyone equipped with Obs, it is not my place to say, all I can do is support their decision and help or leave and find another guild. Nor do I think anyone here can make a judgement on how they run their guild. They are now working to get everyone with Zues and build their trees to move into EMA. They are building the guild their way. Their right.

So as I said before their maps are over extended from many Events and I do not have enough goods to help them all, so I will help none. As far as myself goes. my map is also over extended a bit, but not too bad. So my choice is too spend diamonds or not worry about it. I do not have any room now as it is and already have 17 wishing wells and a fountain of youth that I can't put room for so I also will not worry about this event.

I still wish they did not have conquer a sector on Minor Events, but hey, that is just my opinion, Nothing More
Thing is you're just late to the complaint game in this regard. As I said inno has addressed this, has and is making adjustments to correct it, they just aren't doing it all at once is all. But really the general point that's also been made is if one wishes to do events they should plan for such by; not conquering every sector within reach, not doing every single tech possible, saving fp packs, scouting ahead of time, building supplies building and starting the productions ahead of time, making sure you have goods stocked for goods quests, have your tavern going for tavern quests, etc. The exception to some of that are end game players where if you do complete the tech and map those type quests would auto complete but I believe now with the advent of options to those quests they do not, or at least on some of them I read somewhere, so I suppose those players aren't happy either. Can't please everyone all the time.

DeletedUser24787

I was actually not complaining. I was giving feedback.

my comments are not gear toward you as a player its just a generalization if you felt i was targeting at you then that was not the intent i am just giving my feedback on what is a trend of complains when we get events

DeletedUser27218

sloppyjoeslayer, I wrote the second post you quoted to explain how all 39 guys could get over extended. Instead of putting their fps into their tech tree, they put them into Obs. Average an Ob every 6 days. Could have been quicker if we had not got stuck on the 8's so often, but hey, I think they still did good to start with a lvl 5 Ob and a lvl 3 Ob from my friend that I brought in. I was not really complaining but further explaining my first post. I am actually proud of my guild. They put aside their goals for the game to help their guild out. I have been in much worse guilds.

We will be ready for the Summer Event though!!!

DeletedUser26965

sloppyjoeslayer, I wrote the second post you quoted to explain how all 39 guys could get over extended. Instead of putting their fps into their tech tree, they put them into Obs. Average an Ob every 6 days. Could have been quicker if we had not got stuck on the 8's so often, but hey, I think they still did good to start with a lvl 5 Ob and a lvl 3 Ob from my friend that I brought in. I was not really complaining but further explaining my first post. I am actually proud of my guild. They put aside their goals for the game to help their guild out. I have been in much worse guilds.

We will be ready for the Summer Event though!!!

Your original comment had to do with not being able to complete the last quest
With all the Events they have had lately my guild is far ahead of their ages on the map, so you either spend diamonds or you can not complete the quest when you get to conquer a sector. I do not think any of the 39 can go for it.
How Obs has anything to do with that is beyond me. You don't have to advance the cmap to level Obs.