• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

Praetorius

There are plenty of things you can pick up that will be useful for later. Winner's Plaza selection kits let you always have an easy way to build cultural buildings of your age for when quests call for it or annoying happiness quests. Winter deco-selection kits do the same for decorations. Even getting basic houses from events is helpful because you can use them for either quests or just a quick infusion of supplies.

I’m sure this has been answered but I’m cannot find it. What do you do to provide goods to the treasury in a tiny town? I’ve not seen that mentioned, or I’ve just overlooked it.

UBERhelp1

I’m sure this has been answered but I’m cannot find it. What do you do to provide goods to the treasury in a tiny town? I’ve not seen that mentioned, or I’ve just overlooked it.
You just donate goods. It takes away from your inventory, but you're more likely to be bottlenecked by supplies anyways.

Anaxarchus

Here is my Industrial Age Tiny Town!!
View attachment 15109
I moved into the industrial age last week after a couple of weeks in the Colonial Era leveling up my GBs. The winter event brought several important changes to my Tiny Town including the Evergreen Express, 2 sleeping cars, a sleigh builder, and another shrine of knowledge. In addition, I upgraded my Yggdrasil to level 5. All of these new additions will be very helpful as I move into the later and more costly ages. While it was a dilemma at first to choose which train/cars to build, I decided on the FP variant due to the goods variant's lack of efficiency in my opinion. I can also use these fps to buy goods if that becomes necessary.

As for Great Buildings, my Himeji Castle is level 8 and my Zeus is level 10. I will soon have to start looking for more Himeji Blueprints as it becomes necessary to open up levels past 10.

Going forward my plan is to move quickly through the Industrial Age while focussing less on Great Buildings. Hopefully, I will soon be in the Progressive Era.
Just wanted to share that I have returned to my Tiny Town project after 3 years away from the game. My Tiny Town is now in the Progressive Era, though little has changed overall. Also if anyone has info on how to reobtain a deleted forum account I would love to recover my old one.

Last edited:

UBERhelp1

Just wanted to share that I have returned to my Tiny Town project after 3 years away from the game. My Tiny Town is now in the Progressive Era, though little has changed overall. Also if anyone has info on how to reobtain a deleted forum account I would love to recover my old one.
Unfortunately I don't think you can, but it's great to have you back!

Mor-Rioghain

I wouldn't mind knowing how to retrieve my old forum account as well, so if anyone responds w/pertinent info to this, please tag me as well. Thx!

Thoughts on the chocolate factory in an early tiny town? Seems it would replace two sleigh builders and and any happiness buildings while providing an attack boost and FP.

Mor-Rioghain

Thoughts on the chocolate factory in an early tiny town? Seems it would replace two sleigh builders and and any happiness buildings while providing an attack boost and FP.
I don't have the traditional tiny town but I do have 2 new EMA cites with now fully leveled chocolatries using only a few medal expansions, so I feel like I can relate -- somewhat! I'm not sure how you arrive at a factory replacing 2 sleighs as the sleighs provide 15 goods p/6 tiles (30 goods-12 tiles) and the factory only provides 10 goods p/24 tiles. So, SB 2.5 goods/tile v 0.41 goods/tile

I do see the overall value in the factory over an SB but surely not just in the goods. What else would you remove to get the most punch per tile?

I don't have the traditional tiny town but I do have 2 new EMA cites with now fully leveled chocolatries using only a few medal expansions, so I feel like I can relate -- somewhat! I'm not sure how you arrive at a factory replacing 2 sleighs as the sleighs provide 15 goods p/6 tiles (30 goods-12 tiles) and the factory only provides 10 goods p/24 tiles. So, SB 2.5 goods/tile v 0.41 goods/tile

I do see the overall value in the factory over an SB but surely not just in the goods. What else would you remove to get the most punch per tile?
I was thinking removing the triumphant arch and 2 sleigh builders And replacing with teds chocolatery. But my math was in error. Replacing 18 squares with 24 squares doesn’t seem like a good swap. I would get better happiness and 32 goods with attack but I would likely lose some supplies production. Right now, I agree, not a good swap. Thanks.

Mor-Rioghain

I was thinking removing the triumphant arch and 2 sleigh builders And replacing with teds chocolatery. But my math was in error. Replacing 18 squares with 24 squares doesn’t seem like a good swap. I would get better happiness and 32 goods with attack but I would likely lose some supplies production. Right now, I agree, not a good swap. Thanks.
If the extra use of supplies and coins doesn't hurt your budget, you might want to consider this when working in reconstruction mode, delete your cultural stuff - at least your decorations. Just delete anything you can live without addressing happiness and then lay your city out with the spaces open for the items like event items that you are considering. It does help clear the view a bit to be able to plan, esp if you have pretty much every tile in use! I don't use this every time I want to rearrange but it does help clear out the 'messy stuff' when I'm planning a major over-haul.

You might also want to consider your choice of roads. If you are doing a lot of changes and don't need the enthusiasm boost from premium road in your era, just use trails. They're free and you can easily delete them all before a recon to get your road efficiency up to 'top-notch.' Don't discount that Teds! It's a real goldmine and if you can address your goods issue, I think you'll be pleased. :)

If the extra use of supplies and coins doesn't hurt your budget, you might want to consider this when working in reconstruction mode, delete your cultural stuff - at least your decorations. Just delete anything you can live without addressing happiness and then lay your city out with the spaces open for the items like event items that you are considering. It does help clear the view a bit to be able to plan, esp if you have pretty much every tile in use! I don't use this every time I want to rearrange but it does help clear out the 'messy stuff' when I'm planning a major over-haul.

You might also want to consider your choice of roads. If you are doing a lot of changes and don't need the enthusiasm boost from premium road in your era, just use trails. They're free and you can easily delete them all before a recon to get your road efficiency up to 'top-notch.' Don't discount that Teds! It's a real goldmine and if you can address your goods issue, I think you'll be pleased. :)
Managed to get Ted’s and keep my sleigh builders. Attack/Defense now at 46/35. Goods production at 77 per day. Supplies prod at 12000+ per day. Coin production is the weak link at the moment.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 11.10.54 AM Large.jpeg

Mor-Rioghain

Managed to get Ted’s and keep my sleigh builders. Attack/Defense now at 46/35. Goods production at 77 per day. Supplies prod at 12000+ per day. Coin production is the weak link at the moment.

View attachment 19979
Nice layout! Curious-you seem to be trying to address both fights & negos in your layout. If you haven't unlocked Military Tactics yet, have you considered deleting your racks and just do negos? (You could replace your racks only when needed to meet a Daily Challenge or Quest requirement). A recent conversation in guild regarding Diamond farms clued me into something I hadn't considered before -- the concious choice to not open that tech and nego all 64 encounters of GE, in that case with the objective being to obtain diamonds but I can see it's application in the confines of not using additional expansions (tiny towns) immediately: eliminate/drastically reduce your city's need for happiness -- military buildings always reduce enthusiasm (but so do wells). The FoYs you can obtain will address a lot of city resource needs since they produce the exact same thing as wells and more importantly what is detracting about them for a diamond farmer in the inability to store them saves a tiny towner -- because they can be destroyed -- you can satisfy any number of needs in an ever-changing city-scape. A few examples would be to increase all resources (in your recent case) coins -- coins and supplies are the 2 most common things they produce. Excepting production requirements, they might also address your city's supply needs better than a GB that is large and also something a player is less likely to eliminate so quickly. Plus, completing all 64 of GE at a moderate cost of opening levels 2-4 will also net you many resources your city is not providing now in the chest alone. For me, I'd take some of that out and consider a ToR to have the relics address virtually all of the city's needs during the expedition but I'm not sure that 36 tiles is the right answer if you really want to stay true to "no expansions." lol I'd still consider the resources from GE, if you haven't already. :)

Nice layout! Curious-you seem to be trying to address both fights & negos in your layout. If you haven't unlocked Military Tactics yet, have you considered deleting your racks and just do negos? (You could replace your racks only when needed to meet a Daily Challenge or Quest requirement). A recent conversation in guild regarding Diamond farms clued me into something I hadn't considered before -- the concious choice to not open that tech and nego all 64 encounters of GE, in that case with the objective being to obtain diamonds but I can see it's application in the confines of not using additional expansions (tiny towns) immediately: eliminate/drastically reduce your city's need for happiness -- military buildings always reduce enthusiasm (but so do wells). The FoYs you can obtain will address a lot of city resource needs since they produce the exact same thing as wells and more importantly what is detracting about them for a diamond farmer in the inability to store them saves a tiny towner -- because they can be destroyed -- you can satisfy any number of needs in an ever-changing city-scape. A few examples would be to increase all resources (in your recent case) coins -- coins and supplies are the 2 most common things they produce. Excepting production requirements, they might also address your city's supply needs better than a GB that is large and also something a player is less likely to eliminate so quickly. Plus, completing all 64 of GE at a moderate cost of opening levels 2-4 will also net you many resources your city is not providing now in the chest alone. For me, I'd take some of that out and consider a ToR to have the relics address virtually all of the city's needs during the expedition but I'm not sure that 36 tiles is the right answer if you really want to stay true to "no expansions." lol I'd still consider the resources from GE, if you haven't already. :)
I did get through 64 encounters in the last GE. I fought through level 1 then negotiated through the remaining levels. Level 4 got expensive. I’ve considered the ToR, which would radically increase the GE rewards. 36 tiles is a lot of real estate at the moment. Obviously, I have unlocked tactics. My main goal was to perhaps harvest goods and supplies from my hood. Time will tell if that was a sound decision. I may be able to completely remove racks after a few more GE levels (24 troops a week will help a bunch). I have considered the FoY and WW. Both seem like reasonable options to help with coins. I may change my thinking after I get a few in inventory. Right now, my goal is to do enough fights and nego’s to complete GE as well as grow my castle. The boosts from it are a big help also. Thanks for your insights. A city like this is experimental in nature. It will likely change as needs evolve and the next shiny thing pops up.

Mor-Rioghain

I did get through 64 encounters in the last GE. I fought through level 1 then negotiated through the remaining levels. Level 4 got expensive. I’ve considered the ToR, which would radically increase the GE rewards. 36 tiles is a lot of real estate at the moment. Obviously, I have unlocked tactics. My main goal was to perhaps harvest goods and supplies from my hood. Time will tell if that was a sound decision. I may be able to completely remove racks after a few more GE levels (24 troops a week will help a bunch). I have considered the FoY and WW. Both seem like reasonable options to help with coins. I may change my thinking after I get a few in inventory. Right now, my goal is to do enough fights and nego’s to complete GE as well as grow my castle. The boosts from it are a big help also. Thanks for your insights. A city like this is experimental in nature. It will likely change as needs evolve and the next shiny thing pops up.
Of course! I just find these kinds of cities or other "restrictions" we place upon ourselves as an endlessly fascinating challenge to either try or to help others figure out the 'puzzle!' It sounds like an interesting journey and I wish you the best of luck!! (I can add that on my 'fighting-farm,' the first one I tried, I have had great success w/the fight/nego combo but it seems to have taken longer. My two newest ventures I've opened the tech but eschew fights in favor of negos and after only 68 and 83 days, I am already able to see the differences in my ability to do more/nego more in my 83-day city and I can forsee not needing to fight at all without undue burden of finding goods -- without benefit of any plunders from hood). Just what's working for me but I would like to explore (at a very future date!lol) doing a city without doing that tech and see where it takes me).

hippobuttamus

i was thinking since you need to do the C-Map for SAM and above. you would need to do the C-Map and quests.
i wonder if a CF would be benificial.
you can get a lot of goods from quests with a high lvl CF

My latest evolution. It’s been an interesting journey and it’s good to have the experience of so many pioneers in my hip pocket. I have a Governor’s Villa in inventory But haven’t decided how I can manage the constraints and place it.
Goods = 187 per day
Forge point = 55 per day
attack/defense = 95/103
64 GE encounters
1682274332683.jpeg

Last edited:

Emberguard

Not just new cities it seems. I have a bronze Age city I’ve had for years and it seems to have the new quests