• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser30312

Well, I got the Gong upgraded. One more piece to go, I might even just stop some point after finishing the main questline if I'm lucky enough with the chests so I can save up map advancement for the next big event, probably summer.

DeletedUser34800

I wish I could save my map. I keep fighting on it though. I just can't stop, but I like fighting and taking over the continents. I know I should plan ahead for quests though.

I might have a problem.

DeletedUser25166

Today’s event quest= 10 8-hour production
Today’s DC= 55 5-minute production
Awesome, guess I should just delete all military and build 30 production buildings

BruteForceAttack

nothing to do with the patch, and no one is forcing you to do DC.

DC is DC no point in crying about it, almost sounds like folks who cry about getting plundered.

I stopped dedicating land to DC in my city, thats my choice. I try once in a while to do DC, but I don't care if I fail. cauze I'm not going to allocate land to do DC.

Freshmeboy

I had the same issue..I will now lose a DC point. I have noticed the DCs don't double on any part of an ongoing event quest to make my life easier. If the same programming reads my event quest and differs in respect to it, why make it a production quest I can't meet without a sacrifice of one or the other or diamond purchase...? It's really no big deal but I am curious....

DeletedUser30312

I learned the hard way not to do DCs alongside a major event during the Winter Event. Opening up sectors for the event meant getting lots for map-related DCs which ate up the map faster than I wanted. A lesser problem is how the two can mess each other up. I find it better to just drop the DCs during events altogether.

Zatrikon

I think you and a few other people are missing the point of percentages entirely. They are not cumulative, they don't add up.
Think of a coin toss, where the odds are 50/50. If your thinking was correct, every time you flipped a coin and got heads, you would be guaranteed that the next flip was tails. It just doesn't work like that.
A prize that has a 16% chance of being won, has that same 16% chance every time you try and win it.
I understand percentages completely. I do not expect "cumulative" chances or anything like what you're ascribing to me. I am not at all clinging to the Gambler's Fallacy.

If I toss a coin 24 times, chances are that I'll get heads 12 times. Sure, I might get only 10 or 11 heads, or maybe 13-14 heads. If I only got 1 heads on 24 tosses, that would be very, very unusual - about 0.000012% chance of only one heads in 24 tosses, assuming a fair (50/50) coin.

If you do something that has a 16% chance of succeeding each time, and you do it 24 times, you'd expect 3-4 successes. The actual average is 3.84, but of course, there's no such thing as 0.84 of a success. Yes, you might get only 2 if you're unlucky, or maybe 5 if you're lucky. 0 or 1 would be very unlucky.

Especially when the chance of success is more than 16% some of the time - 18% or 20%.

As of this post, I am now up to 2 for 32. That's 6.25%. A little better, but still pretty far from 16-20%. Maybe I'm just really unlucky. What % are the rest of you getting?

Algona

Main city hit on 2 tries for Gong upgrade for the set I picked up last Easter, err, Spring Event. Which is cool since I stopped at Quest 4. Missed on the Rock tonite, but that's OK, I;ll get a few more ties.

Got the Rock upgrade tonite for my startup to go with the Rock I picked up earlier. It was also the Chest to put me over 250 Cherry Blossoms for the SoK. 4 hits in around 15-20 tries with 281 Lanterns in hand with 14 Daily Quests to go. Looking forward to figuting out what other upgrades to get.

Saw elsewhere some folk talking about not doing DCs during Events. I don't get it. I've completed all but one DC (through my admittedly stupidly stubborn refulsal to do Negotiate GE Quests) and got through the first Questline in 48 hours and went from Colonial to Howitzers in Industrial while completely rebuilding my city and fighting through to GE 52 since this Event started.

As Ardak so eloquently demonstrated, it's all about the preparation. Although Algona's Dumb Luck helps. A lot.

DeletedUser33297

I understand percentages completely. I do not expect "cumulative" chances or anything like what you're ascribing to me. I am not at all clinging to the Gambler's Fallacy.

If I toss a coin 24 times, chances are that I'll get heads 12 times. Sure, I might get only 10 or 11 heads, or maybe 13-14 heads. If I only got 1 heads on 24 tosses, that would be very, very unusual - about 0.000012% chance of only one heads in 24 tosses, assuming a fair (50/50) coin.

If you do something that has a 16% chance of succeeding each time, and you do it 24 times, you'd expect 3-4 successes. The actual average is 3.84, but of course, there's no such thing as 0.84 of a success. Yes, you might get only 2 if you're unlucky, or maybe 5 if you're lucky. 0 or 1 would be very unlucky.

Especially when the chance of success is more than 16% some of the time - 18% or 20%.

As of this post, I am now up to 2 for 32. That's 6.25%. A little better, but still pretty far from 16-20%. Maybe I'm just really unlucky. What % are the rest of you getting?

All very valid points Zatrikon. My intent was not to demean or belittle anyone, but to offer a more realistic view of the odds, in generic terms. I am sure some of the same things you mentioned are popular in places like Las Vegas, where the odds of winning are usually better than 16% on any given game, but millions of people are losing every day.
The bottom line is that a game of chance, no matter what the odds, will always be just that, with a random outcome each time.
My apologies if I offended you sir.

What % are the rest of you getting?
I only needed the Sakura rock to complete a set and I got that on my 2nd try. The rest of my lanterns I have spent trying to get rogues or a hideout when they are available. Since I dont care what I get, there is no luck involved. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31498

It's can still be seen...Just click the question mark on the piece, not the upgrade, in the upper right hand corner. It opens a window that shows all the pieces and the total.

DoqpMXD.png

dvEmuEr.png

I tried that, but it does not show having the Kit. Due to extremely bad luck, I have won only one kit through 40 quests, but I have a Zen Zone Kit, which does not show up as either level 1 or 2, since it isn't one of those. Yet, I would like to know I still "own" one of them.

DeletedUser33297

Sorry to hear that gutmeister. Since it worked for me I presumed it worked for every one. o_O

DeletedUser33297

I think gutmeister would like to see what kits he owns in that overview window. But that only shows the buildings you have, no upgrade kits. I think that's the point at least.
Ahhh, I see....I was mixing apples and oranges. My bad. Thanks Alvadora.

DeletedUser31440

FWIW this has been my strategy for this event so far.

Worlds that already had a complete set at level 1.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock (attack up to 10%), Gong (fp), Emperor's Entrance (fp)
Once the initial set has the above 3 at level 2, go for missing pieces for a complete second set.
Once second set obtained go for the same 3 upgrades.

Worlds that don't have a complete set:
Go for missing pieces for a complete set.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.
Go for a second complete set.

IMHO, if you are missing Sakura, Gong or Emperor's Entrance it may be worthwhile to still go for the upgrades and then hope for the pieces from DC's over time so that when you get a full set you can upgrade those 3. Upgrading the Zen Zone and Pond seem pretty useless compared to upgrading Sakura, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.

DeletedUser31498

I think gutmeister would like to see what kits he owns in that overview window. But that only shows the buildings you have, no upgrade kits. I think that's the point at least.
Right, I guess the solution is that they should add the kit as a third choice for each of the 5 pieces, though then its a lot to scroll through. Alternative is just to show how many of all three you have, so for each piece of set there is only one number.

DeletedUser26120

I'm going crazy with this one, two full sets (lv1 pond on one) and going for a third on z.

Can't pass up that 30% attack and 21fp!

DeletedUser34782

It seems like some people are blessed and others cursed. I've gotten 1 upgrade kit from about 20 spins on the 20% chance.. I truly think this whole random crap sucks. I know others who have gotten ZERO from all their spins. Sucks only scratches the surface of how I feel about it.