• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2018 Feedback

DeletedUser32824

FWIW this has been my strategy for this event so far.

Worlds that already had a complete set at level 1.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock (attack up to 10%), Gong (fp), Emperor's Entrance (fp)
Once the initial set has the above 3 at level 2, go for missing pieces for a complete second set.
Once second set obtained go for the same 3 upgrades.

Worlds that don't have a complete set:
Go for missing pieces for a complete set.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.
Go for a second complete set.

IMHO, if you are missing Sakura, Gong or Emperor's Entrance it may be worthwhile to still go for the upgrades and then hope for the pieces from DC's over time so that when you get a full set you can upgrade those 3. Upgrading the Zen Zone and Pond seem pretty useless compared to upgrading Sakura, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.

I have a strategy question for you. I currently have a full set (counting the final gong I will get) with a gong upgrade. My plan is to get the emperor's entrance upgrade, and then to go for another emperor's entrance, which would give me a lvl 2 and a lvl 1, then to go for another gong, then try to get another sakura to complete the 2nd set. If I'm super lucky, maybe another gong/EE kit for lvl 2. I'm thinking more along the lines of FP production. Do you really think going for sakura lvl 2 is THAT good if I don't really fight all that often? (currently at 42% in HMA). You can PM me the answer if you want.

Also, it's probably better to have a full lvl 2 gong and EE before doubling right? I mean I could make 10 FPs on a full lvl 1 double set, but that's twice as much room for 3 more FPs. Just something I haven't quite worked out yet. I'm thinking I'll want to stay compact (even though I have 12 squares of the Christmas set making 1 FP and my lvl 4 bridge making 1 FP...bleh)

As for the event, I've won a Nishikigoi pond kit in about 7 or 8 tries then a gong in 2. Going to have about 500 lanterns for the next emperor's entrance when it's the daily special. Currenty caught up on daily quests. I've completed a whole set, finally, so I'm digging the event :D

DeletedUser

I didn't keep precise track but would estimate that I made between 40 and 50 attempts for event buildings between my two worlds, choosing the 20% option most of the time, and have won 3 times. I'm not happy with these results.

DeletedUser31440

I have a strategy question for you. I currently have a full set (counting the final gong I will get) with a gong upgrade. My plan is to get the emperor's entrance upgrade, and then to go for another emperor's entrance, which would give me a lvl 2 and a lvl 1, then to go for another gong, then try to get another sakura to complete the 2nd set. If I'm super lucky, maybe another gong/EE kit for lvl 2. I'm thinking more along the lines of FP production. Do you really think going for sakura lvl 2 is THAT good if I don't really fight all that often? (currently at 42% in HMA). You can PM me the answer if you want.

Also, it's probably better to have a full lvl 2 gong and EE before doubling right? I mean I could make 10 FPs on a full lvl 1 double set, but that's twice as much room for 3 more FPs. Just something I haven't quite worked out yet. I'm thinking I'll want to stay compact (even though I have 12 squares of the Christmas set making 1 FP and my lvl 4 bridge making 1 FP...bleh)

As for the event, I've won a Nishikigoi pond kit in about 7 or 8 tries then a gong in 2. Going to have about 500 lanterns for the next emperor's entrance when it's the daily special. Currenty caught up on daily quests. I've completed a whole set, finally, so I'm digging the event :D

I personally want the Rock upgraded more than the extra 2 fp's, but I'm also trying to fight as far into GE as possible so I want to get as much attack boost as I can. If you don't fight much then it would be about as useful to you as the defense boost is to me I suppose.

I would go for a fully upgraded, or what you consider fully upgraded, set before trying to get a second set. Even if you have pieces missing from the second set you will have opportunities to get the missing pieces through DC's.

DeletedUser31498

currently on Quest 44, which requires 2 sectors. This will conquer the province, so I just want to double check that there's no way I'll need any more sectors to finish the quest line? Seems weird they would have so much sector stuff and then nothing after the 4th day's quest.

Also, I've spent all my lanterns I've earned and only won two kits, and NONE of the good secondary options, like SoK, that production building, one-up kit, etc. Insane.

Graviton

You've spent all of your lanterns through 43 tasks and you still haven't made it to 250 blossoms (or whatever those things are called) to win the first SoK? I don't see how that's possible unless you've been buying the lowest-percentage chest every time, which only gives 5 blossoms, which would also explain why you've only won two kits.

DeletedUser31498

Yes I have the guaranteed SoK. I meant that each chest has a shot of the cherry blossom set, and usually one other desirable "miss," like SoK, topiary, etc.

DeletedUser30312

FWIW this has been my strategy for this event so far.

Worlds that already had a complete set at level 1.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock (attack up to 10%), Gong (fp), Emperor's Entrance (fp)
Once the initial set has the above 3 at level 2, go for missing pieces for a complete second set.
Once second set obtained go for the same 3 upgrades.

Worlds that don't have a complete set:
Go for missing pieces for a complete set.
Go for the upgrades for Sakura Rock, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.
Go for a second complete set.

IMHO, if you are missing Sakura, Gong or Emperor's Entrance it may be worthwhile to still go for the upgrades and then hope for the pieces from DC's over time so that when you get a full set you can upgrade those 3. Upgrading the Zen Zone and Pond seem pretty useless compared to upgrading Sakura, Gong and Emperor's Entrance.

That's similar to what I'm doing.

On my main I went for Rock upgrades first, Pond second, Zone third, and Gong fourth. Last is the Entrance, and there should be a chance to get that Sunday. The Rock was first for the attack bonus naturally, and the Pond has a defense bonus, so that wwent second. I went Zone third for the doubled goods production, though maybe the Gong would have been more worth while for the 4 FP; doesn't matter now I have them both. The Entrance is last because it's the least profitable of the pieces IMO. On my diamond mine, I have slightly different priorities, I went for the Pond first for the defense, while I'm not worried about the attack because I don't fight there often.

Best approach here should be to collect a complete set first, then get the upgrades. Once a player gets a full set at level 2, they should use the kits to get more upgrades. The level 1 pieces can be won randomly in the DC, so the upgrades are a bit more valuable. It might be worth using kits to get level 1 Gongs though, since they're harder to win in the DC and they're the most critical piece to make the whole thing work right.

DeletedUser29055

I think the best strategy for someone with no set would be to get the upgrades and play the dailies for a while to get the buildings. I got an almost full set in one my city just from dailies.

I like the event. A guaranteed SOK from the Sakuras and every update I get will be worthwile, not like the pillar or the bridge that only fully upgrade make really sense. So far, I already have 2fps per day from SOK and Gong upgrade. Hoping from more from emperor, then Zone, then Rock, and then Pond :) ...

My only complain is that the positions of the chest change. I think it makes only sense to get the 60/65 chests, and they change positions. Didn't catch that first.

DeletedUser32824

I think the best strategy for someone with no set would be to get the upgrades and play the dailies for a while to get the buildings. I got an almost full set in one my city just from dailies.
I would generally agree with this. From my experience though I have won 4 zen stones and 1 sakura rock from dailies, and those 2 or 3 zen's won't be useful for a loooooong time.

DeletedUser32973

I would disagree on waiting for DC to drop the pieces. You could be waiting an extremely long time for the whole set....long enough that by the time DC actually gives you what you want it'll be long outdated. For a new player the set is powerful enough to drop down immediately imo. I'd say go for the entire set, drop it down, upgrade gong, then upgrade entrance or rock. I'm not sure on its viability if you aren't able to upgrade the gong though...

DeletedUser30900

I would disagree on waiting for DC to drop the pieces. You could be waiting an extremely long time for the whole set....long enough that by the time DC actually gives you what you want it'll be long outdated. For a new player the set is powerful enough to drop down immediately imo. I'd say go for the entire set, drop it down, upgrade gong, then upgrade entrance or rock. I'm not sure on its viability if you aren't able to upgrade the gong though...
Getting a whole set is really something must do for this event :) otherwise you are just wasting your time

DeletedUser11653

they need to adjust the odds on these crates, more that the overtly high odds on the other stuff needs to go down.
67% for a single rouge?

DeletedUser33297

it’s rigged
This comment makes absolutely no sense. Lets break it down.
By 'rigged' I presume you mean a situation where one side is being cheated. Why and or how is anyone being cheated? This event is free, no one is forcing you to participate in it, and you lose nothing by playing or not playing.

If the game was intent on "cheating you" out of something, they wouldnt have the event, and you wouldnt win ANY cherry garden pieces. In that case they could "cheat you" out of all the pieces. If their intent was/is to "cheat people", they're doing it all wrong. :D

DeletedUser30900

This comment makes absolutely no sense. Lets break it down.
By 'rigged' I presume you mean a situation where one side is being cheated. Why and or how is anyone being cheated? This event is free, no one is forcing you to participate in it, and you lose nothing by playing or not playing.

If the game was intent on "cheating you" out of something, they wouldnt have the event, and you wouldnt win ANY cherry garden pieces. In that case they could "cheat you" out of all the pieces. If their intent was/is to "cheat people", they're doing it all wrong. :D
You can’t even tell it’s sarcasm?

Last edited by a moderator: