• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event 2020 Feedback

DeletedUser

Why would that be a bug? They function exactly like Incidents, why shouldn't they count?

-Sebastian-

Hang on. Are we literally spending more than half of the game in events?

2020 spring - 31 mar to 21 apr - 21 days
break - 11 mar to 31 mar - 20 days
2020 st. patrick's - 20 feb to 11 mar - 20 days
break - 2 feb to 20 feb - 18 days
2020 forge bowl - 14 jan to 2 feb - 19 days
break - 2 jan to 14 jan - 12 days
2019 winter - 2 dec to 2 jan - 31 days
break - 5 nov to 2 dec - 28 days
2019 halloween - 15 oct to 5 nov - 21 days

Sure looks that way. No wonder I'm feeling "event fatigue".

DeletedUser40925

No offense mangelwurzel, but I for one like the frequency of events. And as others have pointed out before, each player is free to decide which events to participate in. Quite a few decided to skip St. Paddy’s day as it was a grind.

Algona

Brutal beats. 2 trips across the pond a couple days ago in New Algona to get a base for the Pagoda. Tonight in Experimenatal Algona I blew every Lantern and got 2 SOs. Can hardly wait for what I'll get in Original Algona.

Yah, randum numbers. Yah, optimal selections of origami. Yah, sometimes brutal beats get served and wow did I get served.

Sigh. Hope all of you have much better luck.

DeletedUser42148

Day 51 of the Spring event quest asks me to solve for exchanging 2 items at the antique dealer or win 4 battles. How am I supposed to solve either of them when I am in BA (Bronze Age)? Till now such a problem never existed.

DeletedUser35836

I absolutely hate the random chance of the game. Several people in my guild saved all of their laterns for today so they could pick up as many sentinels as possible, and in most cases, they ended up with much fewer than expected even though they all claimed they were selecting animals with the best cost/daily special ratio.

This event needed the equivalent of the Coach from the forge event to increase chances to win a daily special.

Algona

Day 51 of the Spring event quest asks me to solve for exchanging 2 items at the antique dealer or win 4 battles. How am I supposed to solve either of them when I am in BA (Bronze Age)? Till now such a problem never existed.

Based on your other city's progress, and how much time you've spent in BA, you have to have known that battling was part of Events and that Events are not geared for BA campers.

With a lvl 30 Zeus (Impressive! Maybe a BA record?) and Lvl 11 CoA you should be able to battle on the CMap. Unless you've gone so far you can't win.

Game choices do have consequences. In this case the consequences were foreseeable.

they ended up with much fewer than expected

Kinda curious, what did they expect?

Also, what are your experiences? All you talk about is other folks.

I got dogged in one city, only 2 SOs with over 6K Lanterns, RNG happens. In another I got 5 SO with 4K, I've yet to try the third city.

DeletedUser34893

What am I missing? I am sure it's obvious, collecting statues of honors count as "donate X amount of goods to guild treasury" but ARC collecting doesn't?

DeletedUser35836

Kinda curious, what did they expect?

Also, what are your experiences? All you talk about is other folks.

I got dogged in one city, only 2 SOs with over 6K Lanterns, RNG happens. In another I got 5 SO with 4K, I've yet to try the third city.

my experience I was lucky - based on the 6,400 laterns I spent I expected about 8-9 and I got 12, but others using the same daily/cost method I had with the same amount of laterns, only got 5 or even 2. 8 or 9 would have been a reasonable number to hit,

yes RNG happens and I don’t like it. I think the pcts should be a little higher to win a daily special even if there is an option to spend diamonds to do it, Oh, wait, they did that in the forge bowl! So why not here? they could call it an animal trainer instead

I should also point out if the pcts were higher the odds of me personally buying diamonds go up, but not in this situation,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser39239

I feel like something is very off with the percentages and results for acquiring the daily reward. Spent 4200 lanterns for only 2 sentinel outposts? I might believe it was just bad luck except that almost everyone in my guild has had really bad luck as well. This isn’t my first rodeo. I’ve played numerous events including this same one last year and results were not this bad. Something is off. Disappointed.

RazorbackPirate

I went for the best crossing ration and got 2 Sentinels crossing 2.5 ponds, spending about 1K lanterns. Sorry for your bad luck. What's worse is having gone for the max DS%, you'll now also miss out on a maxed bridge without spending diamonds.

DeletedUser42148

Get out of Bronze. Problem solved.
Why is there a need to age up? Aren’t the events free for all FoE players, regardless of their age? Why should there be a preferential treatment against the BA players only? This game has been designed to allow gameplay for free by everyone. Events are those things that invite players to join in and play to their satisfaction. Forcing one to age up with regards to research in architecture (Iron Age) and economics (EMA) is fine but why with events. If the game has to be played patiently, why should the players be forced to age up against their wishes. Isn’t this a hindrance to satisfaction in gameplay?

This is not right. The devs should make the quest#52 available to all players alike.