• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

ODragon

It's not a bug.
It's a change they made last year.
People we're complaining about having to hit a tiny little bar to get things done.
Now you click anywhere on the window to get things done.
Except that's not true all over. Its true on desktop but not on mobile. Also, putting the question mark box in the middle of the click area is just asking for trouble.

DeletedUser26120

Trees this time around are bogus.

Last event we had with trees, the apple event, we would get average 5 to 10 apples per tree and once in a while it was 20 apples!

Now it is more like 1 to 3 lanterns with 5 lanterns once in a while. Went downhill - just like from Soccer Event to Mask Event.

DeletedUser8420

^ Um, actually you have a complete failure to understand probability. Yes, of course it's "the luck of the draw", but some draws give you better chances.

Sheesh.
And I really don't care because all the gold chests I have opened have given squat, bronze have given the pieces I needed...:p:p:p:p:p

DeletedUser8420

Trees this time around are bogus.

Last event we had with trees, the apple event, we would get average 5 to 10 apples per tree and once in a while it was 20 apples!

Now it is more like 1 to 3 lanterns with 5 lanterns once in a while. Went downhill - just like from Soccer Event to Mask Event.
you can get lanterns from trees of 1, 3, 5 and 10...have gotten several of each thus far....but sad to say there are no 20 and certainly no 50s

WhatKnot

Grrrrrr...have completed but with all those lanterns I spent...still no pond....even continued into the Bonus quest to get lanters...still no pond..."D" world is the only one that has not been able to get the pond...go figure

DeletedUser28896

Today I opened 7 Gold Chests, no pond. The first day I opened 2 gold chests, no entrance. Luck is not in my favor, and a 25% chance really doesn't seem accurate.

But I did get a whole bunch of blueprints I didn't need. Yay!

DeletedUser8420

Today I opened 7 Gold Chests, no pond. The first day I opened 2 gold chests, no entrance. Luck is not in my favor, and a 25% chance really doesn't seem accurate.

Feel your pain....GET RID OF THE BLUEPRINTS....when we first started it was hard to get bps but now Inno has gone the other way...WAY TO MANY BPS...no longer looking for them, trying to run from them....

We now get bps from

donating to GBs
m/p'ing
GE
shrines
events
treasure hunt
relics

have I missed any other ways of getting bps?

DeletedUser28897

As I've moved into end game I have had different opinions about events I may have enjoyed more when I was lower lvl. For this event, maybe I can squeeze a 5x5 with a street on two sides in - but that's only if I want to delete a Terrace Farm. That is an improvement, but for me I either have to get all 5 or put nothing down.

I'll end up with 2 soks from this event which is great, I'm up to 55 now. I think somewhere on beta the players figured out the bronze gives a slight advantage between the higher chance at lanterns and you get an extra tree per chest open.

DeletedUser20367

With enough people playing there are going to be some who have bad luck. On one world it took me 23 chests to win the Entrance. That's 1.42*10 to the -14th. Now THAT'S bad luck. :eek:

DeletedUser8152

With enough people playing there are going to be some who have bad luck. On one world it took me 23 chests to win the Entrance. That's 1.42*10 to the -14th. Now THAT'S bad luck. :eek:
Math check?
If they were gold chests, you have a 25% chance to win the special. So a 75% chance not to. The chance to open 22 chests and not win is then 0.75^22 = 0.00178.

Which is pretty awful luck, but not 10^-14 bad.... if you see 10^-14 chances happening, then the game probabilities are bollixed.

DeletedUser13838

Assuming you opened 23 gold chests (which seems high), you calculated 0.25^23 = 1.42*10^-14 however as jaelis pointed out it's .25*(1-0.25)^22 = 0.00044. That's still pretty low but not impossible in a game with half a million players. Still, my gut tells me the 23 chests you opened weren't all gold.

DeletedUser28371

I managed to get through three or so of the quests before it became clear that I will advance no further and never complete this: the task before me is to make my people enthusiastic. Right now, that would require 8000+ additional happiness, which is simply unattainable. That's really discouraging. This event looked like fun and looked like a good source of improvement for my city, but one day in and that's pretty much the end of it right there.

My people have never not been enthusiastic. In fact, I am +2000 above the requirement. However, my city looks like a city. Most peoples don't. I understand that some people play for war or abandon everything in the final stages. Inno has yet to provide a reason to do this. In fact it seems to me that want you to maintain the city look.

Also just to point out, and this is probably controversial, I find MOST GB(including TRaz) to useless Space hogs. I see the idea in the beginning but now they seem useless.

DeletedUser28371

Dumb luck FTW!

Large Chest Store Building
Large Chest 200 Lanterns
Large Chest Emporer’s Entrance
Large Chest Reno Kit

GP #1 Sakura Rock

Large Chest 200 Lanterns
Large Chest 20 FP
Large Chest 5 BPs
Large Chest 20 FP
Large Chest Nishikigoi Pond

And that's all 5. Didn't think I would get there. And a guaranteed SoK on my next Large Chest in a few days.

Time to hoard Lanterns and see if I can crack another SoK or two towards the end of the Event.

So far, opened 4 Golds 3 silvers and a bronze. I got Emperor's enterance, 200 lanterns, a champion and a blueprint. Got Sakura rock, 100 lanterns 5 NP, Motivation kit, and more lanterns.

DeletedUser20367

Math check?
If they were gold chests, you have a 25% chance to win the special. So a 75% chance not to. The chance to open 22 chests and not win is then 0.75^22 = 0.00178.

Which is pretty awful luck, but not 10^-14 bad.... if you see 10^-14 chances happening, then the game probabilities are bollixed.

Thanks jaelis, I did .25 to the 23rd instead of .75. Rookie mistake. :oops:

Last edited by a moderator:

bomber9530

Good quest if you spend diamonds. The lanterns you get from the occasional appearance of cherry trees on your map (never gotten more than 3 lanterns from one) and the small amount you get from the quests really don't seem to be enough to make a dent in getting decent rewards. Perhaps the later quests, if I get to them, will have more lanterns so I can get one good thing out of it.

I have already completed the main quest line and gotten all 5 buildings already (as have many other players) and I haven't spent a single diamond. The amount of lanterns you get increase with each quest, and as far as trees, I've gotten 1, 3, 5?, and 7?. I know I've gotten some with more than 3 lanterns. Only time I've gotten 10 is from my town hall. I've also only opened gold chests.

DeletedUser20367

Assuming you opened 23 gold chests (which seems high), you calculated 0.25^23 = 1.42*10^-14 however as jaelis pointed out it's .25*(1-0.25)^22 = 0.00044. That's still pretty low but not impossible in a game with half a million players. Still, my gut tells me the 23 chests you opened weren't all gold.

Nope, they were all gold but my math was faulty as jaelis pointed out.

4 chests to win 1st grand prize of the Rock
6 chests to win the 2nd grand prize of the SoK
6 chests to win the 3rd grand prize of the WW
6 chests to win the 4th grand prize of the Pond
1 chest to win the Entrance and be 20 flowers towards the 5th grand prize of the Entrance.
That's 23 total.

Spring.jpg

If I'd been paying attention, and not continuing out of morbid curiosity to see how long it would take, I wouldn't have opened the 23rd chest since I would have gotten the Entrance eventually anyway. Oh well... Should be able to fill you guys in on what the 6th grand prize is. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8420

It would be better if there weren't any timed quests and there were certain reoccurring ones till the end of the event.