• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

Algona

I guess I could go to wiki and add up all the lantern rewards for quests and see how many one can gets by completing all the quests. It should be the same for everyone.

Maybe I'm wrong on this: I believe the fan Wiki is based off Beta and that the daily quests aren't finished in Beta?

My estimate was based on 20 daily quests being available and the same payoffs as the first quest line.

I reckon we'll see in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

DeletedUser20367

Maybe I'm wrong on this: I believe the fan Wiki is based off Beta and that the daily quests aren't finished in Beta?

My estimate was based on 20 daily quests being available and the same payoffs as the first quest line.

I reckon we'll see in a couple weeks.

Daily quests are still going on on Beta so there could be more.

DeletedUser13838

Hmm ... this is an important point that quite invalidates the previous calculations. The average number of lanterns from trees should be directly subtracted from the cost of each chest, which benefits bronze more than silver or gold -- unless the number of tree lanterns depends on the cost of the chest, which it may. Also, the probability of winning the daily are better than .07, .13, and .25, because those numbers should only be applied to the outcomes that don't include winning lanterns.

Let's just look at the expected amount of lanterns it costs to buy the daily special

Cost in lanterns to get 1 daily special
Bronze: 40L = .07S + 70*.2L --> S = 26L/.07 = 371 3/7 L
Silver: 70L = .13S + 120*.15L--> S = 52L/.13 = 400L
Gold: 120L = .25S + 200*.12L --> S = 96L/.25 = 384L

Daily specials are, on average, cheaper with bronze chests. I'll leave the variance as an exercise for the reader.

But what about the grand prize?

Cost of tulips in lanterns.
Bronze: 40L = 5T + 70*.2L --> T = 26/5 L
Silver: 70L = 10T + 120*.15L --> T = 26/5 L
Gold: 120L = 20T + 200*.12L --> T = 24/5 L

So you want to buy gold chests if you want the grand prize.

bomber9530

I could be wrong about the order because I'm going from memory here, but these have been my rewards so far (all from gold chests).

1.) Emperors Entrance
2.) BPs
3.) 200 Lanterns
4.) One-Story Pagoda
(Sakura Rock Grand Prize)
5.) One-Story Pagoda
6.) Nishikigoi Pond
7.) 200 Lanterns
8.) Hall of Fame
9.) Hall of Fame
10.) Hall of Fame
(SoK Grand Prize)

The one time an event is being GREAT to me, I'm upset because I don't have room for all this great stuff I'm getting.... Why couldn't I just get a bunch of junk like usual? Now I have to reorganize my city, get rid of stuff, and actually put work into the game..... Not to mention, the event just started a couple days ago.... Which means I will get even MORE great stuff.... Damn you Inno..... All I wanted was some Renos....

DeletedUser27816

I have a question about the roads needed to connect the Japanese set together. How is the set connected with roads? I am so unclear about this. If anybody has an answer, I'd really having the definitive explanation on this issue. Thank you.

DeletedUser27816

OK, I just read victorro's explanation a few posts above. I think I know now. The residential buildings must be connected to a road and they are on opposite ends of the set. Correct me if my understanding is wrong. Thanks.

DeletedUser28892

I have a question about the roads needed to connect the Japanese set together. How is the set connected with roads? I am so unclear about this. If anybody has an answer, I'd really having the definitive explanation on this issue. Thank you.
The two pieces with gates require roads, the rock, pond, and gong do not.

DeletedUser14197

Daily quests are still going on on Beta so there could be more.

What are you saying? That the daily quests will cycle and we can do the 10 again? Or are you saying that there are actually more than 10 additional quests?

DeletedUser20367

What are you saying? That the daily quests will cycle and we can do the 10 again? Or are you saying that there are actually more than 10 additional quests?

There have currently been 19 'daily' quests on Beta. These were after the first 25 quests that awarded the Gong. The timer is currently counting down so there should be at least 1 more 'daily' quest. There is another 'scout' & 'research' quest in the dailies and I'm expecting 'acquire a province' to show up again too, probably for the last one.

In total, there have been 44 quests so far on Beta. Each quest gives 1 more lantern than the one before it and the daily quests started over with the first one rewarding 10 lanterns.

DeletedUser14197

I don't think I should have started this event. It is way too much trouble for simply a chance to get all 5 pieces. While it is true 3 pieces everyone can easily get, the other 2 are based on luck. People keep telling me, do the gold chest. You will get it in a couple of tries. However, that is because they have had that experience. Obviously if they got the item in one or 2 tries, someone else won't, as there are 8 items that one could get, so there is definitely no guarantee that everyone will be able to get the 2 needed pieces and since the only option you have if you don't get them is to spend diamonds to get more "chances", than there are more than likely people who are goign to get burned. So reality is if you end up singing the praises of this event, more than likely it will be because you got prizes you wanted, and if you end up hating this event, it will be because you were not so lucky. Cause there is absolutely no skill involved in getting the good prizes. Yet, the quests are huge. If you do all the quests including the additional quests, you will have scouted 2 provinces, completed 2 techs and taken one province, or maybe even 2. I had to take 15 sectors to take the province I took. It takes nearly 3 days to scout and in future age, it isn't like have 2 or 3 provinces pop up to scout at the same time. I now have to scout to new territory, before I can even scout to open up a province to take. Techs take plenty of fps and goods. Really I may win the prizes and end up being happy I did the event, but really, if I had to do over again, I would not of even bothered starting it since there are no guarantees and it is requiring so much. If they let you simply buy the needed pieces for diamonds at the close of the event, than that might even make it more worth it. But, I am not a gambler and I definitely do not enjoy that aspect of the events.

bomber9530

So in case you were wondering why you should do the event and research that dang technology, I did the math based on my production for the complete set of event buildings placed as they should and this is what I get with the full set:

• 19,500 Coins
  • 12,260 Supplies
  • 5 FPs
  • 55+ Medals ("+" because I dont know base amount for CE Gong)(Also levels up automatically with the player like Victory Towers/Wishing Wells)
  • 5 Goods
  • 5% Attack Boost (Attacking Army in GE, GvG, PvP)
  • 5% Defense Boost (City Defense)
  • 2,900 Happiness

That's A LOT for a 5x5 Set... Better than ANY GB in the game as far as the assortment of bonuses.... But I get it, not researching a tech is more important.

DeletedUser28903

Yes. I understand that. But cultural building and decorations require real estate and i have no space at the moment, and even if I were to get an expansion, that would not be enough space to build enough decorations/cultural buildings to gain a net 8000 increase in happiness. That is the source of my frustration is that on a basic infrastructure level, there is no room for me to simply plop down 8000 happiness units worth of buildings.

I've been informed that I can buy enthusiasm in the tavern--so I'll just have to wait until I've got the silver to do so.
I hope that works for you.
We each have our own play style and priorities.
That said, it sounds like pruning time to get rid of old buildings and replace them with more productive ones. Sometimes the only way that is possible is to kill a building you want to get a bit of space, then build better housing, wait, kill more old housing and increase population etc. until you are where you need to go--including space to rebuild your sacrificial lamb.

I generally build as few decorations as possible. They take polishing away from more desirable items. I go for huge cultural buildings for the same reason.

DeletedUser14197

So in case you were wondering why you should do the event and research that dang technology, I did the math based on my production for the complete set of event buildings placed as they should and this is what I get with the full set:

• 19,500 Coins
  • 12,260 Supplies
  • 5 FPs
  • 55+ Medals ("+" because I dont know base amount for CE Gong)(Also levels up automatically with the player like Victory Towers/Wishing Wells)
  • 5 Goods
  • 5% Attack Boost (Attacking Army in GE, GvG, PvP)
  • 5% Defense Boost (City Defense)
  • 2,900 Happiness

That's A LOT for a 5x5 Set... Better than ANY GB in the game as far as the assortment of bonuses.... But I get it, not researching a tech is more important.

I think the set may be worth doing 2 techs, scouting twice and taking 2 provinces, if you actually get the complete set. But, what if you do all that and don't? I wonder if there is anyone on Beta who did it all and didn't get a complete set.

DeletedUser28903

Feel your pain....GET RID OF THE BLUEPRINTS....when we first started it was hard to get bps but now Inno has gone the other way...WAY TO MANY BPS...no longer looking for them, trying to run from them....

We now get bps from

donating to GBs
m/p'ing
GE
shrines
events
treasure hunt
relics

have I missed any other ways of getting bps?

No kidding. I am still in early middle Ages and still like the BP pop-up but I have an awful lot of extras of the GBs I have built or decided not to build. More and more, BP's are booby prizes.

Booby prizes add to the fun if you think of it that way. Granted, that takes work.
It would be pretty fancy programming for the devs to give lots of bp's in early ages and fewer as you go up. Well, we inform you programmers that we wish this somehow.

bomber9530

I think the set may be worth doing 2 techs, scouting twice and taking 2 provinces, if you actually get the complete set. But, what if you do all that and don't? I wonder if there is anyone on Beta who did it all and didn't get a complete set.

I can see where you are coming from, but they made it really easy to get the complete set. To even get multiples if you wanted them. You get 2/5 buildings just by competing the main quest line. You can get the other 3 as Grand Prizes. All you have to do is open chests no matter what you get.
Capture_2017-03-29-11-03-41.png

Sure that's a lot of chests to open to get all three buildings, but that's assuming you are using this as your only means of getting the buildings.

Let's break it down:

Finish Quest Line: You get 2/5 Buildings
Open just 4 Gold Chests: You now have 3/5 Buildings

That leaves just 2 more buildings you have to get. I know I was lucky in getting one on the first try, and the other on my fourth try. But at the end of the day the event is to make Inno money by increasing diamond sales. And when you talk about probability and chance, there is always someone who will get the short end of the stick. But even just getting the 3/5 is still a lot better than nothing at all.

DeletedUser26154

Hmm ... this is an important point that quite invalidates the previous calculations.

Just go for the Gold Chests.

Keep it simple.
Keep it easy.
Once you are drown in numbers, you are done.

Go for the Gold chests.