• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser28015

The figures I gave are the expected value of lanterns needed to win the daily special for each chest. Were you looking for an F test?

No, they aren't expected values needed to win the daily special, they are value equivalents between lanterns and specials ... not the same thing at all, for the reasons I noted. And also because not all specials have the same value, so such an equivalence equation is incoherent. And also because there isn't an equivalence between some number of lanterns and a special, because you get other stuff with lanterns too. Like I said, those equations are nonsense.

It's nice that you can throw around terms you don't understand, but F tests are completely irrelevant here.

And again, you ignored the lanterns from trees, which shows that not only don't you know what you're doing but you don't care, which is an excellent reason for me to ignore you. In fact, I'm putting you on ignore so you don't waste any more of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28015

I have a new calculation that shows that bronze chests are far preferable if your only goal is to win the daily special. Consider: You spend CH for a chest, but you get TREE lanterns from a tree, so your cost is only CH - TREE. There's an LP probability that you win NL lanterns, and if you do you can immediately spend CH of them on another chest, with NL-CH extra in hand, getting another tree, and so on. So the average cost for your first chest is actually C1 = CH - TREE - LP*(NL - C1) = (CH - TREE - LP*NL) / (1 - LP).

There's an SP probability that you win the daily special from the first chest (that you spend additional lanterns on), so there's a P2 = 1 - (LP + SP) probability that you have to buy another chest. The total average cost in lanterns for the daily special is TC = C1 + P2*TC = C1/(1 - P2).

So with TREE = 3,

Bronze: CH=40 SP=0.07 LP=0.2 NL=70 C1=28.75 P2=0.73 TC=106.481481481481
Silver: CH=70 SP=0.13 LP=0.15 NL=120 C1=57.6470588235294 P2=0.72 TC=205.882352941176
Gold: CH=120 SP=0.25 LP=0.12 NL=200 C1=105.681818181818 P2=0.63 TC=285.626535626536

Previously I calculated the probability of getting the daily special if you start with 600 lanterns.
Those calculations aren't far off, and you're slightly more likely to win the daily special with a stake of 600 lanterns if you buy only gold chests, but thing is that you'll pay a lot more on average to get the special than if you buy bronze chests.

DeletedUser26154

Bronze: CH=40 SP=0.07 LP=0.2 NL=70 C1=28.75 P2=0.73 TC=106.481481481481
Silver: CH=70 SP=0.13 LP=0.15 NL=120 C1=57.6470588235294 P2=0.72 TC=205.882352941176
Gold: CH=120 SP=0.25 LP=0.12 NL=200 C1=105.681818181818 P2=0.63 TC=285.626535626536

images (1).jpg

Go for the gold chest.

DeletedUser28907

Hi, this looked very promising until yesterday when I got halfway through the quests and my Cheery Blossom adventure is over with no hope of completing it for the "Gong of Wisdom". You see halfway through the quests it asks you to scout another province which at this point is impossible for me to do. I have all Iron Age troops and the 2 provinces in front of me are all Early Age troops and I would have to go through those first in order to scout the next province. So on April 1 my tourny is already over that runs until April 17.

Algona

Hi, this looked very promising until yesterday when I got halfway through the quests and my Cheery Blossom adventure is over with no hope of completing it for the "Gong of Wisdom". You see halfway through the quests it asks you to scout another province which at this point is impossible for me to do. I have all Iron Age troops and the 2 provinces in front of me are all Early Age troops and I would have to go through those first in order to scout the next province. So on April 1 my tourny is already over that runs until April 17.

Trade for Goods and negotiate?

Collect daily 10 Lanterns and hope for Gong as a Daily Prize?

Throw in the towel? Oh, wait, you already did that.

DeletedUser11358

Worst event ever! I'm on the last quest, have only 240 lanterns to my name, and have won only the Sakura Rock. From the golden chests, which is what I always opt, I got things I didn't care for like 20 forge points here and there--I can get that in one day of playing, right?--small amounts of medals etc. Unlike the events of old, there wasn't opportunity to win a good amount of quality items. ALSO: designers need to cater to higher-aged-up players: free loose troops mean nothing to us, we have Trazes etc. AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE BEING FORCED TO AGE UP! When you force someone to research a tech, it's EXTREMELY RESENTED. Those of us who want to stay in an age for a while already have to tech nearly to the end to open all our military buildings. THE BUILDINGS YOU OFFERED IN THE EVENT WERE GOOD ( increase in military might ) BUT IMPOSSIBLE TO ACQUIRE WITHOUT DIAMONDS.

DeletedUser28907

Trade for Goods and negotiate?

Collect daily 10 Lanterns and hope for Gong as a Daily Prize?

Throw in the towel? Oh, wait, you already did that.

Funny Guy, I hope you do not do comedy for a living ! I am going to negotiate through 10 sectors to be able to scout my next province ?? Yeah right. I would have nothing left for goods in my inventory. Unlike most of you I have not built my first great building so I do not get medals every 24 hours which makes it easy to get expansions. It takes a lot for me to get just one expansion. The game for me is very slow because I can not expand without earning medals every day. I can but at a slow rate so for me to be able to change over all my troops from iron age to early middle will take a long time. I am just saying they did not take into account the weaker players for this tourny which are the ones that need this the most. Just like real life the rich get richer the poor stay poor.

Algona

Worst event ever! I'm on the last quest, have only 240 lanterns to my name, and have won only the Sakura Rock. From the golden chests, which is what I always opt, I got things I didn't care for like 20 forge points here and there--I can get that in one day of playing, right?--small amounts of medals etc. Unlike the events of old, there wasn't opportunity to win a good amount of quality items. ALSO: designers need to cater to higher-aged-up players: free loose troops mean nothing to us, we have Trazes etc. AND MOST PEOPLE DON'T APPRECIATE BEING FORCED TO AGE UP! When you force someone to research a tech, it's EXTREMELY RESENTED. Those of us who want to stay in an age for a while already have to tech nearly to the end to open all our military buildings. THE BUILDINGS YOU OFFERED IN THE EVENT WERE GOOD ( increase in military might ) BUT IMPOSSIBLE TO ACQUIRE WITHOUT DIAMONDS.

Let me offer a little comfort. When you finish the first quest line there is a second quest line. It seems to be the same as the first as far as requirements and payodds, but the quests are offered only one per day, although they will stack up. So you have about 20 more quests and the opportunity for 300 or so more Lanterns from that and another 160 or so daily Lanterns and whatever your trees give you.

It ain't impossible to get all 5 of the Event Buildings without diamonds. I did it. I assume others have as well. After all, you get three from completing the first Quest line and the first Grand Prize.

Or I guess you could be like the guy a couple posts up when he ran into his first obstacle gave up.

I wonder why folk do that? Give up instead of asking for advice?

DeletedUser28907

Let me offer a little comfort. When you finish the first quest line there is a second quest line. It seems to be the same as the first as far as requirements and payodds, but the quests are offered only one per day, although they will stack up. So you have about 20 more quests and the opportunity for 300 or so more Lanterns from that and another 160 or so daily Lanterns and whatever your trees give you.

It ain't impossible to get all 5 of the Event Buildings without diamonds. I did it. I assume others have as well. After all, you get three from completing the first Quest line and the first Grand Prize.

Or I guess you could be like the guy a couple posts up when he ran into his first obstacle gave up.

I wonder why folk do that? Give up instead of asking for advice?

Maybe you be all knowing and shit should read my reply to your reply and get the answer.

Algona

Funny Guy, I hope you do not do comedy for a living ! I am going to negotiate through 10 sectors to be able to scout my next province ?? Yeah right. I would have nothing left for goods in my inventory. Unlike most of you I have not built my first great building so I do not get medals every 24 hours which makes it easy to get expansions. It takes a lot for me to get just one expansion. The game for me is very slow because I can not expand without earning medals every day. I can but at a slow rate so for me to be able to change over all my troops from iron age to early middle will take a long time. I am just saying they did not take into account the weaker players for this tourny which are the ones that need this the most. Just like real life the rich get richer the poor stay poor.

I understand completely! It's much easier to whine and blame others!

It ain't my fault, other player's fault. nor INNO's fault that you don't know how to play the game. Kinda says a lot about you that your first post here is to whine and blame others and your second post is to spurn advice given.

Instead of whining about your cruddy game state, try asking for advice on how to fix it so that you;ll be able to play the next big Event.

Or keep whining, it's easier.

Praetorius

EMA troops aren't that much stronger than Iron Age ones and the costs to buy out the EMA sectors isn't that high and you should be able to afford it without impacting your goods supply too badly. Your situation isn't as insurmountable as you think it is.

DeletedUser26401

Not here to whine... Have been trying to figure out how I can get the last two pieces when they aren't even offered!? I was surprised to see the second grand prize isn't a piece... I'm all caught up on events, have taken gold chests only, and collected junk prizes. I'm sure I'll spend some gold, but it's not looking too promising at this point.

DeletedUser14197

It seems like the forum has become hostile. No one seems to be able to give a negative comment about the event. It almost seems like INNO has gotten a team of people now to come on and combat every negative comment about the event given. The forum is becoming less and less a place that is worth coming to.

Ok, so if the person only have 2hundred some lanterns left, he may not be able to get all 5 pieces. That is a fact. There is no guarantee that you will win it if comes up again.

Just because it is easy for some to come up with the goods needed to take negotiate thru provinces, does not mean it isn't hard or will deplete someone else. Instead of putting this person down, how about asking what world they are on and if you are on it offering to help with trades, even taking unfair ones to help them out since goods are not an issue for some of you.

And also, how on earth is it helpful to tell someone who is not getting the 2 needed pieces how easily you got them. Since when has bragging helped anyone feel better.

Just because all of you responders got all the pieces, does not mean everyone will get all the pieces. You can get burned on this event. You can scout 2 provinces, fight and negotiate to conquer them, take 2 techs and still not be guaranteed to have all 5 pieces.

I am not saying Inno wasn't smart to make this event. They are probably tired of people hanging out in an age for like forever. So they have dangled a fairly good prize in front of us, to get us to do the event. Than they made it difficult enough that you really may need to do the additional questline, so you really will have to move up. But, that said, people's complaints are not whining. They are giving feedback, whether all you inno fans like it or not. People have always complained when they had to scout and do a tech. So INNO has done what INNO does best, say I am going to make you pay for complaining about it. So they have 2 techs and 2 scouts and 2 provinces to conquer. If they didn't expect negative feedback they would have had to be very naive. They knew full well they would get negative feedback and it wouldn't surprise me a bit is next time there were 3 techs and 3 scouts.

DeletedUser24134

There are three major events each year..in spring, summer, and winter. You can look these events up on the wiki as they start for the list of quests, and prepare accordingly. It is ironic when someone complains that Inno is making them scout a province like they always do; this means that you knew you would have to scout a province, chose not to prepare for, and came here to complain about it. So You have a few months befor the summer event....you want your continent map to have one province with about three or four sectors left to conquer/negotiate and you want to have an unscouted province ready to scout. You already know what goods are needed to negotiate the sectors in the province that is ready to take, so as soon as you complete the quest scouting the other province...you are ready to negotiate or conquer a sector (s) and even Acquire a Province.
In this way, you are PREPARED for the 24 hour production quests etc. I completed this events questline within 2 or 3 days and was not the first in my neighborhood to do so. It can be done, and rather easily. Inno has designed an excellent game and does a great job of keeping it interesting even after years of play. If anyone thinks they can do a better job of it, then go design your own game. FoE fans will be here waiting on you when you come back with a better appreciation of the difficulties involved in complex game design. I do not know the first thing about designing a game, but love playing them and FoE in one of my favorites.

DeletedUser14197

There are three major events each year..in spring, summer, and winter. You can look these events up on the wiki as they start for the list of quests, and prepare accordingly. It is ironic when someone complains that Inno is making them scout a province like they always do; this means that you knew you would have to scout a province, chose not to prepare for, and came here to complain about it. So You have a few months befor the summer event....you want your continent map to have one province with about three or four sectors left to conquer/negotiate and you want to have an unscouted province ready to scout. You already know what goods are needed to negotiate the sectors in the province that is ready to take, so as soon as you complete the quest scouting the other province...you are ready to negotiate or conquer a sector (s) and even Acquire a Province.
In this way, you are PREPARED for the 24 hour production quests etc. I completed this events questline within 2 or 3 days and was not the first in my neighborhood to do so. It can be done, and rather easily. Inno has designed an excellent game and does a great job of keeping it interesting even after years of play. If anyone thinks they can do a better job of it, then go design your own game. FoE fans will be here waiting on you when you come back with a better appreciation of the difficulties involved in complex game design. I do not know the first thing about designing a game, but love playing them and FoE in one of my favorites.

Your experience IS NOT everyone elses experience. I knew there would be one scout, one tech, etc., but not 2. When I looked on wiki to prepare for the event, it was not there. I don't care anymore about the event. But, I do care that people do not allow to let people give their feedback. I could easily do this event in a few days in my LMA city before I deleted it. I am as far as I can go in both my cities. That is not an issue. And from what I hear, if I had my artic future map open, maybe it would be easier there. However. I prepared beforehand and I did take a province in order to have a place to scout and I started the scout in advance. I did not know there would be 15 sectors to take once I got there. I did not know what goods I would need to negotiate them if I wanted to before I got there (though I had the goods I needed, others may have had the same situation and NOT had the goods they needed. I have always come to any event I wanted to do prepared. I just wish I had known everything BEFORE this event started because I would have chosen not to do it. I agree with being prepared. I just didn't realize the cost and the gamble. I also, now have only one scout option and that it to go to the new territory. So will have to scout again if I want a province to take and again I will not know in advance the goods required to negotiate it or how many sectors there will be to take. Perhaps this info is on line, but I don't know where it is and that being the case, I would assume there are others also who would not know. I googled it, but nothing came up that was helpful.

DeletedUser28897

I'm almost definitely not getting all the pieces for this event and without all 5 it's not worth it for me to put any down. However, this event yielded 2 soks and a champ retreat and am now thrilled with this event. You can always give up on the 5x5 and shoot for individual items that would still make tech and scouting worth it.