• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser26154

1 gold chest this morning- 1 champ retreat
Show me those fancy calculations again

Stallion119, that was the second time we agreed on something.
Whenever that happens...

download (7).jpg

This guy shows up ringing a bell.

DeletedUser28015

Hi, this looked very promising until yesterday when I got halfway through the quests and my Cheery Blossom adventure is over with no hope of completing it for the "Gong of Wisdom". You see halfway through the quests it asks you to scout another province which at this point is impossible for me to do. I have all Iron Age troops and the 2 provinces in front of me are all Early Age troops and I would have to go through those first in order to scout the next province. So on April 1 my tourny is already over that runs until April 17.

Smart people keep a scouting opportunity handy for these events, which always require one.

DeletedUser26154

asks you to scout another province which at this point is impossible for me to do. I have all Iron Age troops and the 2 provinces in front of me are all Early Age troops and I would have to go through those first in order to scout the next province.

Some people were stuck when that quest came up.
Usually those people are the same ones who don't use Wiki and plan ahead.

I learned the hard way a couple of times, it's best to read up and plan for these events.
Make yourself ready in advance with scouting, 24-hour productions, having space available to build, etc.

I always have to sell one of my big goods production buildings to make space available.
Then I put my city buildings back the way they were when the event is over.

DeletedUser28015

It almost seems like INNO has gotten a team of people now to come on and combat every negative comment about the event given.

Sorry, no, that's not happening and ridiculous claims like that, and the rest of your whiny walls of text, rightly get some hostility back.

DeletedUser26154

I look at the Gold Chest as the best option for one reason.
Durable prizes.
Who needs a single rogue or one Champion?

If you are going to win something, Grand Prize or not, you want what you earn to last.
That's why I say go for the Gold Chests.

enhanced-3293-1419157960-2.jpg

Every time I clicked the button, something useful came out of it.

DeletedUser28015

I knew there would be one scout, one tech, etc., but not 2.

WTF are you talking about? There's tech at quest 9, scout at quest 13, infiltrate at quest 17, acquire sectors at quest 20, and control province at quest 25, all of which are on the wiki and are normal for these events. If you do the bonus events, there's more of the same of course.

I do care that people do not allow to let people give their feedback.

No one has come to your home and put themselves between you and your keyboard to prevent you from whining. When people say this sort of thing, what they really mean is that they want to be able to say whatever they want but they don't want others to be allowed to respond critically.

Oh never mind ... ignored.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

I learned by now, from personal experience, the best way to approach FoE events.
I can usually spot the best value and best prizes to win for the investment.
Last time it was Medal Packs.
That was easy to see.

I earned 5 full land expansions.
Champ Retreats were a bargain as well.

This event is geared much different.
This time, it's going for the Chests, and the prizes therein.

Go for a lesser chest and you'll get a prize that can vanish in the blink of an eye.

download.jpg

Go for the Gold Chest and what you win stays with you until you delete it.

DeletedUser26154

When the event began, this is where I was at on my Contemporary Era Continent map.

now.png

The Yellow Star is what I scouted to finish my First scout quest for the Cherry Blossom Event.

Since then I got bored and sent my troops on a wild adventure of conquest.
I wanted more land and the last territory gave some.

Now I'm here for the bonus scout quest if I make it that far.

where im at now on continent map.png

I just have to scout then infiltrate.

http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/2017_Spring_Event

Tech for my bonus quest right here.

bonus tech chilling out and ready..png

One click of a button has it.

Anyway... Back to the chests. This is where I'm at right now.

d4e18899b142a73d9563214d539aee29.png

I'm waiting for the Emperor's Entrance then I have a full set.

images (7).jpg

And you know I'm using a Gold Chest to get it.

DeletedUser28897

I know the gold chest items look good now but in endgame only the Reno kits really have value and with a high enough TOR you will get lots of Reno and 1 up kits anyway. Also, medals are pretty meaningless in the long run. I still generate them w Shrines of Awe and Victory towers because I like to finish GE on Wednesday night/Thursday morning and spend 20-40k/week - but play long enough and you'll not want for medals.

DeletedUser26154

I know the gold chest items look good now but in endgame only the Reno kits really have value and with a high enough TOR you will get lots of Reno and 1 up kits anyway. Also, medals are pretty meaningless in the long run. I still generate them w Shrines of Awe and Victory towers because I like to finish GE on Wednesday night/Thursday morning and spend 20-40k/week - but play long enough and you'll not want for medals.

True.
You will reach a point where medals are like coins and supplies.
99% of us are not there yet.

gc1.jpg

Go for the Gold Chests.

Algona

It seems like the forum has become hostile.

Agreed. honey55, you could reduce the hostility you create on the forum by not complaining about what other posters have to say. You shouldn't attack posters who have a different viewpoint from you. You should show more understanding for what other posters have to say. Please quit being demeaning and judgemental.

After all, if you want others to do such, maybe you should, too?

bomber9530

It seems like the forum has become hostile. No one seems to be able to give a negative comment about the event. It almost seems like INNO has gotten a team of people now to come on and combat every negative comment about the event given.

If you have been around the forums long enough or even just go back and look at forum posts, most of the people who have been complimenting this event (myself included) have been very critical of Inno in the past. We are very far from being "Pro-Inno" despite the fact we play the game. But for once in the almost 2 years I've been playing Forge of Empires, Inno did something right by having this event and the prizes in it.

And also, how on earth is it helpful to tell someone who is not getting the 2 needed pieces how easily you got them. Since when has bragging helped anyone feel better.

Not bragging, just trying to show its not that hard. Don't have to give up after day two because you are faced with a challenge. If anything overcoming that challenge should make you feel more accomplished. These aren't participation trophies, you gotta work for the rewards.

Just because all of you responders got all the pieces, does not mean everyone will get all the pieces. You can get burned on this event. You can scout 2 provinces, fight and negotiate to conquer them, take 2 techs and still not be guaranteed to have all 5 pieces.

I understand this... But at least you have a chance at it. You ARE guaranteed to not get them if you don't participate. You can't win it if you ain't in it.

With all that being said, you (Inno) can't please everyone.

Algona

I guess I could go to wiki and add up all the lantern rewards for quests and see how many one can gets by completing all the quests.

She already knew about the fan wiki.

interesting what the ramifications of that are. Especially in light of this comment:

Cause there is absolutely no skill involved in getting the good prizes.

I guess effective research, analysis, and planning don't count as skills, eh?

I;m sure that the same people do well in Event after Event solely because of luck.

Last edited:

DeletedUser26154

Just because all of you responders got all the pieces, does not mean everyone will get all the pieces. You can get burned on this event. You can scout 2 provinces, fight and negotiate to conquer them, take 2 techs and still not be guaranteed to have all 5 pieces.

She brings up a very good point.
This one is very luck-heavy.
That's why I'm taking what I consider the best chances.

I don't crunch numbers.

download.png

I hug them.

DeletedUser24787

Screenshot 2017-04-02 at 5.50.03 AM.png
someone on my server is really having a good time 3 full sets and more than half the event to go