• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser28903

Me too. I pray to comes up again as a daily
Read all the posts and spoilers again: this will come up again-both as a daily prize and as a grand prize.
I was lucky and got Emperor with my very first lanterns. It has given me riches every day since. But when the pond came up, I tried 6 or 7 times and no pond. Fortunately that one, too, will come up again as a daily and grand prize. Most of us will end up with 6-10 items without spending a diamond.

DeletedUser28903

I could be wrong about the order because I'm going from memory here, but these have been my rewards so far (all from gold chests).

1.) Emperors Entrance
2.) BPs
3.) 200 Lanterns
4.) One-Story Pagoda
(Sakura Rock Grand Prize)
5.) One-Story Pagoda
6.) Nishikigoi Pond
7.) 200 Lanterns
8.) Hall of Fame
9.) Hall of Fame
10.) Hall of Fame
(SoK Grand Prize)

The one time an event is being GREAT to me, I'm upset because I don't have room for all this great stuff I'm getting.... Why couldn't I just get a bunch of junk like usual? Now I have to reorganize my city, get rid of stuff, and actually put work into the game..... Not to mention, the event just started a couple days ago.... Which means I will get even MORE great stuff.... Damn you Inno..... All I wanted was some Renos....

lol, you can leave some of it in inventory. Use it when you have a quest for something.

DeletedUser14197

I can see where you are coming from, but they made it really easy to get the complete set. To even get multiples if you wanted them. You get 2/5 buildings just by competing the main quest line. You can get the other 3 as Grand Prizes. All you have to do is open chests no matter what you get.

Sure that's a lot of chests to open to get all three buildings, but that's assuming you are using this as your only means of getting the buildings.

Let's break it down:

Finish Quest Line: You get 2/5 Buildings
Open just 4 Gold Chests: You now have 3/5 Buildings

That leaves just 2 more buildings you have to get. I know I was lucky in getting one on the first try, and the other on my fourth try. But at the end of the day the event is to make Inno money by increasing diamond sales. And when you talk about probability and chance, there is always someone who will get the short end of the stick. But even just getting the 3/5 is still a lot better than nothing at all.

I agree, getting the first 3 is easy. So you have to use 480 lanterns to get the third. Than you have to use 720 lanterns to get the next grand prize which is not a part of the set, but still likely to get as you will end up with over 1000 lanterns if you do all the quests. Than you have to use 720 to get another not part of the set and than another 720 to get a piece, and another 720 to get another piece. So that would be over 2000 lanterns extra. So it isn't gambling doing it this way as 8300 diamonds will buy your 2000 lanterns which is likely to get you there. Of course if you want it in more than one world that is a lot of diamonds. Doubt I am wanting it badly enough to spend over 8000 diamonds for it, but I can see your point and lots of people are more than happy to buy the diamonds, but maybe a little steep for me for 2 buildings.

I still wish I hadn't started the event. I have found it has taken my enjoyment out of the game. Having to take 15 sectors in order to take a province after spending days scouting it and now to have to repeat it if I want to do all the additional quests and will have to scout once to get to the new land and than again to actually get to a province to take and who knows how many sectors that will be. I still may not finish the quests. I normally only do events if the end prize is worth it, but I had no idea what I was getting into when I chose to do this one. If I still had my LMA city, it would be a piece of cake to do this event. But, in my future age city, it is doing too much in too short a period of time and is simply not fun. After doing all those sectors yesterday I didn't even have any desire to do GE today and I normally enjoy GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20367

It would be pretty fancy programming for the devs to give lots of bp's in early ages and fewer as you go up. Well, we inform you programmers that we wish this somehow.

Actually, you do get less BPs in higher Ages. Higher Age cities have less buildings in them so you will get the 'there was nothing to motivate or polish' message more often.

bomber9530

I agree, getting the first 3 is easy. So you have to use 480 lanterns to get the third. Than you have to use 720 lanterns to get the next grand prize which is not a part of the set, but still likely to get as you will end up with over 1000 lanterns if you do all the quests. Than you have to use 720 to get another not part of the set and than another 720 to get a piece, and another 720 to get another piece. So that would be over 2000 lanterns extra. So it isn't gambling doing it this way as 8300 diamonds will buy your 2000 lanterns which is likely to get you there. Of course if you want it in more than one world that is a lot of diamonds. Doubt I am wanting it badly enough to spend over 8000 diamonds for it, but I can see your point and lots of people are more than happy to buy the diamonds, but maybe a little steep for me for 2 buildings.

I still wish I hadn't started the event. I have found it has taken my enjoyment out of the game. Having to take 15 sectors in order to take a province after spending days scouting it and now to have to repeat it if I want to do all the additional quests and will have to scout once to get to the new land and than again to actually get to a province to take and who knows how many sectors that will be. I still may not finish the quests. I normally only do events if the end prize is worth it, but I had no idea what I was getting into when I chose to do this one. If I still had my LMA city, it would be a piece of cake to do this event. But, in my future age city, it is doing too much in too short a period of time and is simply not fun. After doing all those sectors yesterday I didn't even have any desire to do GE today and I normally enjoy GE.

I and several other players already have all 5 buildings without spending a single diamond and the event just started... It's really not as hard as you are making it out to be. Scouting, Acquiring Sectors/Provinces, and Researching Technology is easier if you prepare ahead of time. Even in the higher eras, no reason you can't get through them quickly.

DeletedUser26120

Can you abort these if you don't like them or is there a timer where if you wait a day, you'll get a new one?
I don't think you can abort.

If you don't do that day's quest then it continues and new ones on subsequent days will stack up in the background. You can't get to them until you complete the current quest.

So cherry blossom buildings can't be motivated. Can they be plundered?

DeletedUser28015

Let's just look at the expected amount of lanterns it costs to buy the daily special

Cost in lanterns to get 1 daily special
Bronze: 40L = .07S + 70*.2L --> S = 26L/.07 = 371 3/7 L
Silver: 70L = .13S + 120*.15L--> S = 52L/.13 = 400L
Gold: 120L = .25S + 200*.12L --> S = 96L/.25 = 384L

These equations are nonsense because once you win the daily special you don't keep paying for a chance to win the daily special, and fractional daily specials don't exist. Your Algebra I only goes so far ... this calls for statistics. And you ignored the very point of the post, which is that you get lanterns from trees for every chest, which gives a bias towards cheaper chests. Maybe you should try reading my analysis and understanding it.

But what about the grand prize?

Cost of tulips in lanterns.
Bronze: 40L = 5T + 70*.2L --> T = 26/5 L
Silver: 70L = 10T + 120*.15L --> T = 26/5 L
Gold: 120L = 20T + 200*.12L --> T = 24/5 L

So you want to buy gold chests if you want the grand prize.

And here again you ignore the very point of the post. Assuming an average of 3 lanterns from trees (my own average has been somewhat better), it's
Bronze: (26 - 3)/5 = 4.6
Silver: (52 - 3)/10 = 4.9
Gold: (96 - 3)/20 = 4.65

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser14197

I and several other players already have all 5 buildings without spending a single diamond and the event just started... It's really not as hard as you are making it out to be. Scouting, Acquiring Sectors/Provinces, and Researching Technology is easier if you prepare ahead of time. Even in the higher eras, no reason you can't get through them quickly.

Sure you have to scout first which is good, but of course that means the province isn't ready to work on until you ... scout. Maybe it isn't hard for you,but I have a hard time fighting my continent map in future age. I had 15 sectors and have to either negotiate them or fight them and fight them takes time and negotiating takes goods. It is cheaper to fight since I have tons of unattached. So no, I cannot do it in advance like I did in the lower ages when I had sometimes 4 or 5 provinces up at the same time, so could easily have one with just one sector to go. It is not like that now. I had only one choice of a province to scout. So I had only one province to work on and I couldn't do it till it was scouted. I am good at events. I understand getting ready in advance. I had my tech ready in advance, fps down, goods ready. I started my scout before the event started and still had to wait on it. I couldn't start the 2nd scout till this province was taken, so I could not do that in advance. Yes, I could lay down diamonds and get it done fast, but I just don't want to.

You know. I know this event has been easy for some. I know this event has been frustrating for some that were not as lucky as you and others are. I know it is not hard to open chests. I know I could get lucky or unlucky. All I was saying was I wish I hadn't started it cause for me it is not fun. I am not knocking you and all your lucky friends. I don't care if you love the event. I am just giving my opinion. That is it, pure and simple. I do not scout for an event unless it is worth it to me. It is the way I choose to play the game. If I had known in advance it was goign to be this much trouble, I would have chosen not to do it. That is all I am saying! I know the trouble it has been for me. I did not know this province had 15 sectors until I scouted it. If I had, I may not have even scouted it. Reality is I do not actually need anything the set gives me anyway. Sure the attack bonus would be nice, but I just deleted 2 strike teams cause it didn't make any difference at all in the number of troops I was losing. I do not need fps or diamonds. I rarely get attacked but if I got plundered, I have so much silver I could just buy the shield and keep it active most the time. Like I said. I ..... this is my opinion now, not yours or anyone elses......... just don't think the event is worth it for ME (not for you. It may be worth it for people who need what the set has to offer). I thought it sounded cool, but I enjoyed my lax pace of taking my time to fight my continent map instead of doing 15 sectors in a hurry, like maybe one or 2 on a Monday.

By the way, I did get thru the province quickly. That is exactly what I did. But, it just wasn't any fun.

ODragon

If you don't do that day's quest then it continues and new ones on subsequent days will stack up in the background. You can't get to them until you complete the current quest.

Ugh, I don't like that at all... Didn't really want to do more research or other map related stuff.

So cherry blossom buildings can't be motivated. Can they be plundered?

I pillaged my first Emperor's Entrance today. Someone will not be happy!

DeletedUser8420

Being on the higher eras especially AF continental map, many times we have a chance to scout more then one province at a time. When an event comes I get one ready with all but 3 sectors taken. While the other sits waiting for Scout to pop up. Normally the scout comes first...hit the scout when it get close to coming up (list is nearly always right) So that is set to open when the quest hits. Then finish that one...next one that appears nearly always is conquer 2 sectors...go back to first and finish up that quest...finally take province...go to 1st and take last sector. It takes a bit of planning and preparation.

ON another city I am not in the same era so I tend to leave 1 province on the previous map with 3 sectors left ....that way I can always go back and finish up the event quests easily while scouting the current continent.

DeletedUser13838

These equations are nonsense because once you win the daily special you don't keep paying for a chance to win the daily special, and fractional daily specials don't exist. Your Algebra I only goes so far ... this calls for statistics. And you ignored the very point of the post, which is that you get lanterns from trees for every chest, which gives a bias towards cheaper chests. Maybe you should try reading my analysis and understanding it.

And here again you ignore the very point of the post. Assuming an average of 3 lanterns from trees (my own average has been somewhat better), it's
The figures I gave are the expected value of lanterns needed to win the daily special for each chest. Were you looking for an F test?

DeletedUser28903

I have happily plundered at least 2 cherry blossom bldgs for lots of gold. and stuff.

DeletedUser28903

I really appreciate these posts with the math. They overlook something, though: most of the time, you will get some other prize, and these differ sharply by chest type. Bronze chests have lots of cool warriors. If you think so. Silver and Gold chests have better items and I really WANT some of those things.

So which chest to use depends partly on your second choice.

Ylisaveta

Just went to a guildmate's city in beta to drop a couple of fps on GB in the stix...he has 9 complete sets and a partial. I don't even want to try to calculate how many diamonds that took.:cool:

DeletedUser28015

I really appreciate these posts with the math. They overlook something, though: most of the time, you will get some other prize, and these differ sharply by chest type.

They don't overlook it. The original question was about the best strategy for getting daily specials only. To do calculations including everything, you would have to come up with relative values for all the prizes, and that indeed depends on what people value or need.