• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Still being constantly attacked and plundered by people with points thousands ahead

DeletedUser17558

Ruby,

I have read the forums and the comments. I checked the player i was talking about on foedb.com site. That player all he does is fight. It looks like he just plays to fight not advancing.

I did that for a long time in PE. Just built up my GB's, collected a bunch of FP packs and goods until I was good and ready. Since I wasn't advancing ages I was in that hood for a long time, over 12 months. Sounds like this guy is doing the same thing. It is a viable strategy, much better than rushing through the tech tree, IMO.

cbalto1927

I did that for a long time in PE. Just built up my GB's, collected a bunch of FP packs and goods until I was good and ready. Since I wasn't advancing ages I was in that hood for a long time, over 12 months. Sounds like this guy is doing the same thing. It is a viable strategy, much better than rushing through the tech tree, IMO.

I agree, The main reason why i kinda rushing to higher tech tree so i can settle down able to build up my army and GB's. It not until CA and Industrial age is when i starting to see the benefits of my GB's. I am surprised that there are alot of good GB's in that era. It awesome when you have muskets against knights. I found out that the best way to defeat rouges is to have them. This winter event usually offers rouges. That's why i could never beat a player who have rouges. Most of the defense are automated meaning PC takes over and player dont do the battle. It would be great if a player can decide the battle before plunder happens. For those who have issues with plundering, the best way is turn off your city when your not online, then start it up again when your online. When you do that, the player would not bother to plunder you. :)

DeletedUser8428

Terrible advice, Cbalto. If you disconnect roads (which sort-of 'turns off' your city, there isn't any other way to turn it off) to prevent plunder, it also means that your buildings are not producing except when you are online. At that rate, production of goods and resources will be very slow. That's no way to progress.

The best way to defeat rogues is easy (and multiple people have already provided you with this answer in this thread). Do NOT use auto battle, and take out all non-rogue units before attacking the rogues. If people are attacking you with rogues, post your absolute best defense and for heaven's sake - pick up your goods on time. What's that? You work? So do a lot of the rest of us. Set your production to 24 hours. Works like a charm.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10076

Yes disconnecting your roads is the absolute worst thing you can do.

Anyways i think we can consider this thread answered.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser10517

I agree, The main reason why i kinda rushing to higher tech tree so i can settle down able to build up my army and GB's. It not until CA and Industrial age is when i starting to see the benefits of my GB's. I am surprised that there are alot of good GB's in that era. It awesome when you have muskets against knights. I found out that the best way to defeat rouges is to have them. This winter event usually offers rouges. That's why i could never beat a player who have rouges. Most of the defense are automated meaning PC takes over and player dont do the battle. It would be great if a player can decide the battle before plunder happens. For those who have issues with plundering, the best way is turn off your city when your not online, then start it up again when your online. When you do that, the player would not bother to plunder you. :)
Dreadful advice!!
Turn off the entire city because you MIGHT get plundered???

Nothing produces anything......do that every day, and you lose more in lost hours than you do to another few players.....

As for Defences....dont worry about them. Even if you have a good colonial defence, any decent fighter in LMA will get past it no problem at all.
And rogues are not the best for defences either.

DeletedUser17558

yeah i agree , then again what can i do.

What can you do? How about learning that plundering is part of the game and the only truly effective way to prevent it is to collect on time or to not have goods buildings. If you truly need goods then either build more goods buildings to compensate for the plundering or start taking the goods you need from other players.

DeletedUser24657

I keep waiting for the second re-balancing merge that is supposed to happen... but I haven't seen it... I've read through the forums And this seems like it has been an ongoing issue for YEARS literally... Some of these threads dealing with the issue of broken neighborhoods date back 3 YEARS!!!!!!

Although most of those are about dwindling neighborhoods... The parity issue is another matter altogether.. There is NO universe that can be deemed playable... in which the separation of the HIGHEST ranking player in a neighborhood is more than 2 TECHNOLOGICAL ERAS more advanced than the LOWEST player in the neighborhood... I'm seriously about to toss this game onto the forget about it pile... because the developers broke a perfectly functional neighborhood system Or the system breaks at 29K ranking points.... Its silly to go from a hood where the tech eras were all close in balance.. to suddenly this huge span of Progressive Era people are the top 10 to 15 people in my hood... I'm still in the Late Middle Ages... 6 eras... really??????

Come on Devs... pull your head out of your rectum.... Or get a sheet of plexiglass installed in your abdomen so you can see the real world while your head is inserted so far up there....

Algona

I <3 being in hoods with more advanced folk. But then, I Collect On Time. (Ruby, you should trademark Collect On Time.) I've managed to get into BPs to get GBs for stuff ages ahead of me.

As you've noted complaints about unbalanced neighborhoods go back years. There are lots of people who have been playing a long time. The latter indicates there is some way to mitigate the former...

Find that mitigation and Bob's your uncle. Or in this case, Ruby.

DeletedUser8796

See there is a trick to avoiding being plundered you may want to remember these they are kinda useful:
#1 try to keep all of your buildings at the same collection time ( don't mix in 1 hr, 8 hr , 30 min timers )
#2 set ALL of your timers to a time AFTER you get home usually ( let that extra time be a buffer zone for traffic or late working etc)
#3 COLLECT ON TIME yes it may sound old or in some cases hard but seriously you cant be plundered if you collect on time
#4 negotiate! MOST plunderers will stop if you are willing to help them out on their gb;s high tier fighters have no need for aiding we don't really care about it or need it so trading aiding for not attacking and plundering isn't a "useful" alternative, throw a few fp their way here and there and they are likely to stop attacking.
#5 fight back! if you have the city and guts to do it fight back and beat them regularly plunder something in their city
#6 if you cant fight back and beat them just remember their username because eventually you may just surpass them on points and techs then you can run them over and plunder their city daily >:)< this is what i did its really fun.

DeletedUser23969

Recently I was put into a neighborhood in which I was the bottom dog and attacked and plundered on a regular basis by neighbors centuries more advanced than I was and tried two things: 1) After being plundered by somebody more far advanced I sent them an email stating "I don't mind being attacked to advance your points....but to plunder me is pretty downright low and unsportsman like." For the most part, I wasn't plundered again by those neighbors. 2) Delete your defenses to the minimum of two spear fighters....then you become not worth it.

Algona

I think Shady's post is much better advice.

Spazcat, I'm surprised 1) works, I'd reply to you that plundering anyone is explicitly within the rules of the game. If you accused me of being unsportsmanlike I'd laugh and tell you to email INNO. 2) has been noted by many posters to be a great way to enable tower player to use lower age troops.

Listen to Shady, his words are potent and sooth.

DeletedUser17584

If your pockets are empty, the only thing a pickpocket gets is a free feel...

DeletedUser13838

2) Delete your defenses to the minimum of two spear fighters....then you become not worth it.

This will be counterproductive because (1) more people can beat your defense and (2) more people have a reason to attack you since they can use any age troops and compete for more towers/medals.

DeletedUser

I know there are a lot of folks saying use 1 day cycles, personally I think thats wrong answer.
An attacker can only plunder once per day so with 24 hour productions your at risk of losing a full days production if your not on to collect for whatever reason. Furthermore it's inefficient, the game is set up to reward shorter production cycles so your producing less goods, supplies and coin with the longer cycles.

My recommendation is run short cycles while on, if they get plundered oh well you'll have more cycles that day and won't be getting plundered by that attacker again.

Maybe I've just been lucky so far but haven't been in any hoods where more than a few people are aggressive PvPers on 6 different worlds. Even if a quarter of the hood wanted to plunder me they'd barely impact my progress, and their rewards for the effort will be minimal goods/supplies/coins with likely lost/damaged units.

DeletedUser17558

I know there are a lot of folks saying use 1 day cycles, personally I think thats wrong answer.
An attacker can only plunder once per day so with 24 hour productions your at risk of losing a full days production if your not on to collect for whatever reason. Furthermore it's inefficient, the game is set up to reward shorter production cycles so your producing less goods, supplies and coin with the longer cycles.

My recommendation is run short cycles while on, if they get plundered oh well you'll have more cycles that day and won't be getting plundered by that attacker again.

Maybe I've just been lucky so far but haven't been in any hoods where more than a few people are aggressive PvPers on 6 different worlds. Even if a quarter of the hood wanted to plunder me they'd barely impact my progress, and their rewards for the effort will be minimal goods/supplies/coins with likely lost/damaged units.

Whether or not one day cycles are inefficient ceases to be a problem pretty quickly. Unless you are pounding through the tech tree and upgrading as soon as you can, you should rarely if ever run out of coin, and to a lesser degree supply. If you slow down at the end of an age and enjoy it, your coin and supply will accumulate, you can make your GB's bigger, and you will be less likely to get thrown into a bad hood.

DeletedUser

Whether or not one day cycles are inefficient ceases to be a problem pretty quickly. Unless you are pounding through the tech tree and upgrading as soon as you can, you should rarely if ever run out of coin, and to a lesser degree supply. If you slow down at the end of an age and enjoy it, your coin and supply will accumulate, you can make your GB's bigger, and you will be less likely to get thrown into a bad hood.
And that brings us to another good point, if you pace yourself you can also build up inventory reserves of goods, even ones you can't produce yet, which makes someone plundering you even less of an issue.

If you have a few hundred or thousand goods in your inventory who cares if someone is plundering some of your production.