• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Story of My Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser11121

Here is a story about how my town has got its start. The story is continued in a different voice to show my towns greatest victory which is loosely based of my own game play. Thank you for reading.

From the desk of Pa7ul the High King

No one really knows what happened anymore, only that the world use to be full of people. It used to be a place where life was easy, war did not exist, and equality had been achieved for all. Life went on this way for hundreds of years and it all came crashing down. The great thinkers of our day have concluded only that humanity never changes. Some of us build while others destroy. Despite humanity reaching its greatest level of achievement, some were still unhappy. Everything was lost and those who where left had no choice but to start again. Lost to them were all the advancements made over thousands of years. Technology had grown and become too great to maintain; so the machines that these ancient and brilliant people used slowly faded away. Hundreds maybe thousands of years passed. Humanity was broken and crushed. Most of our history was lost. The only choice we had was simply to start over. While the earth had once supported billions of people, the population had dwindled down to a few thousand. People had forgot who the once were, what they could be. For a few of us, though, we knew life could better.
This is where my story begins. In what is now known to be the last refuge of ancient technology, there was a machine that could grant people an incredibly long life. Of course we did not know what it was for. There were seven of us that day when we discovered the machine. Surrounding it were seven helmets. We all in turn tried them on. All of them were perfectly spotless and beautiful. All were what I would now describe as silver, expect for the one closest to me, which was completely black. Light seemed to be absorbed into its surface. I was the last to take up a helmet. As I placed this dark strange thing on my head the machine began to hum louder and louder. We were scared. Terrified. I'll never forget the look on the face of my friends before their last moment. That day brought a great cost and great reward. Had I known what would happen, I would have never let us put those helmets on. Now I have no choice but to continue on this path to honor my friends and their sacrifice and to continue the purpose of that cursed instrument of fate.
On that day I was granted a gift of life that would last for thousands of years. Not only that but also so much more. Suddenly the universe was open to me. The last secrets of who we had been were given to me. Our ancestors had created that machine in hopes that someone would live through the catastrophe that befell our race. So many years later I was the fruit of their labor. What every happened to humanity had not crushed us completely and now we had hope, we had a chance. I was alone now. Not even the bodies of my friends remained. I needed to find others to help bring fulfillment to purpose. It took me several months to track down another group of people. Several families were clinging together for survival, though they where now on the verge of death. A pack of wild dogs had them cornered against the face of a rock wall. By now I had fashioned myself a spear and carried a torch. Because of luck or divine purpose I'll never know but I was able to drive off these horrible creatures. Rather than be grateful, the families then feared me. It had been far too long since people wielded weapons. Nor had we used fire to aid us. It took weeks to fully gain their trust. In those weeks I found my greater purpose. To restore our race. I taught them how to hunt rather than scavenge. I taught them how to make clothes and build simple shelters.
That all seems so long ago now, but I remember that first generation well. All they needed was direction. We quickly went from the edge of death to thriving in just a few short years. A few other groups found us and stayed for a short time. They then took with them what they learned. We learned to harness fire. We built real, sturdy houses. We began to tame wild animals. I found plants that had once been cultivated before and shows others how to plant them. We began to form a language. Things where going well. I was doing what the machine had meant for me to do, to build.
Unfortunately I was not the only one to discover its secrets. We lived in peace for years. After we learned to fend of the wild animals little threatened us other than sickness. One day a small group of people came to visit that we had not yet met. They seemed peaceful at first but I knew they where different. Their leader was not surprised in what he saw. Up to this point most wonders came to us naked and we clothed them. They came to us hungry and we fed them. This group came to us in want of nothing. I would later come to understand he had discovered the same secrets I had. Rather than fulfilling their purpose he would try to use them for power. After that first day they left us for weeks. I knew though that they would be back. Insight came to me of wars that must have been fought thousands of years ago. I prepared my people. I readied what had become a small village for what would be forever be our greatest threat, our fellow man. The attack came in the middle of the night during a heavy rain. Most of the village was asleep. The guard I had posted was quickly over taken with out anyone being alerted. Though I had prepared and trained these men they knew nothing of true violence. During the onslaught one of our storage building was set on fire. It was a mistake that cost the invaders greatly. Many of them were trapped inside as it burnt to the ground. Their greed for our resources cost them their lives. The smell of burning wood, food, and flesh quickly alerted everyone that something was wrong. The rain was slowing and the screams of those trapped in the burning building could be heard throughout the entire village. A call to arms was given and we quickly defeated what was left of our new enemy. We managed to capture their leader. My suspicions were confirmed as I questioned him. He too had found the machine and used it. He had come to kill me for he wanted no rivals. I was left with only one choice, to kill this traitor to mankind. I knew I had to go back to the machine and secure it. This could not be allowed to happen again. Humanity was still too fragile to take much more of this. When I arrived at its resting place I discovered it gone. To this day I do not know where it was taken. Taken, I know, it was because many more have come to know its secrets. I went back to my village as I still had a people to lead.
Our village grew. We were spared from further attacks for a few generations though the world seemed to be growing smaller with each passing. We were no longer were visited by unsophisticated nomads. Our only visitors came from other villages. Some came in peace; others came with the intent to steal. We remained strong, through our defenses were sometimes overcome briefly. With so much of the world new to us I worked hard to keep my people happy. We never knew what danger was around the next corner in life. Our people soon moved into the iron age. Culture became rich and generations came and went but I remained. A leader of this small but noble city. Our influence grew over the surrounding area. Legends began to be told of a fearless immortal leader. I decided it was better to keep my past a secret. Only a few knew that the leadership of city never really changed. Each of these fateful servants helped me keep my secret as they came and went. As we moved from the iron age to middle ages we became a kingdom, rather than a city state. My people became brave. Worriers rose up to ride out in the name of our great kingdom. Until then we had been rather peaceful. A great enemy came against us, which caused us to change directions forever. In the course of learning how to better defend ourselves we learned to conquer. Many cites have fallen in shadow and yet we do not steal what is not ours unless provoked. My purpose remains the same, to restore a once great race. Though many of my people have become warriors, still many more have become dreamers wanting to discover what comes next. We have built many great buildings to remember where we have been and to drive us forward. We look to the future, to what comes next. We grow, we learn, we conquer all in the name of finding our potential. If you come to us as a friend many will celebrate your name in our city. If you come to us as an enemy you will be crushed. Though we may not have the strength to do it now, we are patient. My people have become strong.

Now that you know where we come from and how we came to be I would like for one of my chief advisors of the military to tell the grand tale of our greatest military triumph. Many others could share who we are and what made us become the people that stand before you. Since time is short, I will only allow one other to speak. Because war seems to define our race it seems only fitting that it be a man who was refined through the fire of the battlefield.

From the desk of the High General

- My king has asked me share the story of our grandest victory. I must take you back many years from our current day. In the beginning we quickly learned to defend ourselves. It took quite some time before we organized a formal military hierarchy but when we did we remained a peaceful people. When the scouts surveyed the lands around us they found many strong enemies. Some were strong and the size of giants while others appeared week but were quite cunning. We knew it was best to remain peaceful. We were not yet ready to take on the world. For the most part we where met with only with peaceful trade. The job of my predecessors was simple, easy. I think most other cities felt just as prepared to take on the world as we did. One faithful day it all changed. Only a few decades before I became head of the military we found our selves under siege. It was not like attacks in the past. All who came with the intent to steal had been bandits who were only passing through. For whatever the reason no enemy attacked more than once. This time it was different. We found ourselves in the shadow of a great enemy who had no intent to move on. They camped outside our city the came every day, taunting our soldiers and stealing our most valuable goods. We fell into the shadow of this army for many years and could find no escape. Women and child would cry in the streets daily as we were raided again and again. Those who had the ware withal to keep their heads after each attack (figuratively and literally) quickly grew usde to the tiring task of putting out the fires and tending to the wounded. There were never a enough doctors. So many who could have been saved were lost because there simply were not enough hands to tend to them all. Some how though, we had been able to repel them each time they came. We repaired our walls and homes and prepared for the grim reality that with happen again tomorrow. Our good king did everything he could to keep the people focused, to keep us moving forward. Orders were issued to spare no expense in finding new ways to fight this mortal enemy. Our greatest minds worked along side our mightiest worriers. Slowly the tide began to turn. As we found new ways to take up arms the casualties on the other side began to mount. No longer could they simply push through our lines. They had to think their way through. They still had the advantage though it was not much. We found hope again. Our king redoubled efforts to find away to push back against the enemy. One day we found the answer. The enemy relied on strength more than anything else. They had no tactics. When faced with no easy victory they crumbled beneath us. It took many more weeks but eventually we were able to grind away the invading army. Their king simple could not let go of his greed and ordered his men to fight to the death even after we proved there was no hope left for them if they continued. The fight raged on though until the very last man. We completely destroyed them. Every solider who did not fight for our flag met their end at one of our swards. Though we had finally driven our greatest oppression, we had grown weary. War had left its mark on us now. We needed to rebuild. We needed to find our strength again and most of all we needed revenge for all those lives lost.
Our king knew the answer to what we looked-for. He kept us focused on finding new technologies of war so that we could bring the fight to our enemy. The king was patient. We had beaten this foe on our own land. Taking the fight to them would be a new challenge. So our great thinkers searched on for what we needed. Our veterans began to train a new generation. We needed to do this right so we took our time and did this slow. This is when I took command of all the kingdoms forces. I had been the nations most successful field commander, something that hadn’t gone unnoticed. Our leading general had grown weary of so many years of fighting. Our great king saw the need and gave me the great honor of taking command. I knew much needed to be done. I began by meeting with all the men. Every last solider under my command has met me face to face. If I was every going to order these men to their death I wanted to have given them that respect. After meeting with them I found new ways to train them. Every day became I pushed them to the brink believing that if they suffered through the training grounds they may live through the battlegrounds. It was tough going at first. My predecessor had let the men take much rest and good food. He wanted them to die well knowing that would likely be their fate. They resisted change but change had already come. No longer did we find ourselves at the mercy of others. Through our struggle we found ourselves rising to the top. I knew these men could take us the rest of the way. They had what they needed. They simply needed to see this in themselves and so I took it upon myself to show them, to see they that they had what it took to make our city feared and respected, to crush all who stood in our way, and give us peace through power. They ran for many hours every day but that was only the beginning. I made every man become comfortable with every role in the army, which had a two-fold importance. First I knew could call any man to fill whatever need was greatest. Doing so, he would know how his fellow soldiers would function around him. All the men quickly learned to appreciate each role and learned how to work with one another. The second purpose was to give the men a sense of equality. For some of the men, one role fit far better than any other but one thing remained the same. Every solider could do every job if needed. No one could boast over his fellow man because of what he could do. They were all the same and they knew it. Each man filled his role not because of his own gifting but because his country needed him. I went on to charge the leadership of these men to put their men’s needs first. Every solider needed to be at their peek performance and so I made sure that was done. If one solider should fall his brothers would pick him up and carry him. Weakness was not tolerated but if a man was pushed to his limits there was no shame. My soldiers began to see their potential. They began to see what they were really capable of. They understood that they had become the greatest fighting force in the land. Only one thing remained, to give them the tools needed to crush the enemy. The blacksmiths went to work. Our new technology was finally ready to be implemented. We truly would become the grandest fighting force in all the land. The king wanted to make to make sure. He ordered us to march against other cities to test our skill. Many other soldiers fell by our hand; yet we left none of our own in these fields of death and sorrow. Our king was clear; take nothing from these poor cities unless they harbored bandits, which had attacked us in the past. We fought against other nations like this for many months bettering our skill and fine-tuning our tactics until we were on the verge of becoming the tyrants we wished to crush. We were ready and the world had learned to give us the respect we had earned. Only one task lay before us, one road to take us to our ultimate goal. I allowed the troops to take one last day of rest before we set out. This would be our greatest challenge yet and I wanted to give them a chance to say goodbye.
We set out with a nervous excitement. Our purpose was about to be filled. It was time for our revenge. Our hearts beat strong as adrenaline filled our blood. It was time finally time. I led the men myself. If I could not lead them to victory than I had nothing else to offer and would gladly die on the battlefield. When the battle finally came it was unlike anything we had faced before. Nothing truly could have prepared us and I can still remember it as if everything were still happening before my eyes. As we expected the enemy made little use of tactics. He army stood before us ready to fight and die. We had beaten them before but they expected to win the day. For every man I brought they had five more. We were greatly out numbered. Their king came before us. Taunting us. He had every reason to believe his men would crush us. I though about my family back home. I wondered how long the meager force we left at our own city could hold out after we had been defeated here. I wondered if there would be any mercy for my people after this. I wondered if my king would feel betrayed after I led his army to be crushed. I had only one thing to do, to die along side my men.
This was it. This is what our lives were meant for and our days had come to an end. What I did not expect, however, is that the enemy had little in terms of defense. We expected great walls; instead we found only men. We expected an army well disciplined and organized. Instead we found a loosely coordinated militia. The battle soon began. As is always the case when two great armies go to war we met in two great lines, our forces hacking away at each other face to face. With in the first few minutes’ two things quickly became apparent to me. First, nearly every casualty was that of the enemy. Out of the tens of thousands of men on the battlefield only handful of mine were being injured. The enemy on the other hand came before my men and quickly fell. It didn’t feel right. It was as if we were fighting an army of children. The second thing that became apparent was that my army was quickly becoming engulfed by this poor excuse of an army. At that moment I had a thought. There seemed to be no one commanding these men. They simply fell on us as if fighting their own private battle. I ordered my men to split into groups of 100. Back to back these groups faced the enemy as the encircled us. They found themselves even more lost now. Now longer did they have a common center to fight against? They had found our men among themselves. I could see the confusion rise in the opposing army. They did not know which way to go or where to fight. More than a few of those poor souls fell at the hands of their friends. It was disaster for them and they had not yet realized it. Perhaps because we had broken into small groups they though all that was left was to finish us of. The battle went on for hours like this until it became clear that the vast majority of the living belonged to my king rather than theirs. Every single group of my soldiers still stood. I would later than that we lost less than 2% of our original strength. Many of those who still stood against us were laying down their arms. There was no denying who would win the day at this point. One group fought on though. That is when I saw him. That horrible king who sent so many against my fair city, who stole so much and caused so many to die, who changed us forever. My forces quickly surrounded those last few soldiers that remained faithful to him. They resisted us with far more sophistication but without support it was not enough. I ordered my archers to cut them down. From the time I gave the order it was only moments before the battle was over. I had him. The wretched man who started this all was at my mercy. I took him captive and returned home. Much of city had been destroyed in the onslaught. I felt little desire to send my worriers into what was left to capture anything of value. It was surly all stolen any way.
Few attempted to flee his city after the battle. I discovered as we march home the harsh reality of his rule. Indeed he was not a kind king. Those born under his rule had been forced into his army. If they could not fight they were sold as slaves. They were used as slaves to his forces. They had no rights, no voice. It was truly tragic and so no one tried to flee because there was simply no one left. I learned that much of what his army had become was nothing more than an incredibly large force of thugs who had no idea how to fight as soldiers. These were the men he sent out to cities he had broken. They had never fought a true solider, only women and children. This wretched king had lost his real fighting force to us already. We had been the only ones to stand against him and so he sent his best to face us. He ordered them to fight to the last man thinking it would never come to that. When that moment did come he was left with out any skill for his army. His commanders had fallen by our sword. His soldiers had been crushed under our feet. There was no one left to train an army. No one left to turn his horde of skill-less muscles into a real fighting force. I discovered that we had won our victory long ago. Today we simple uncovered the full extent of the great tragedy, in which was this man’s legacy.

DeletedUser

Back in the stone age there was a single tribe to discover fire first, these were the future founders of the great empire of Titania. They soon began to worship the fire like a god. They began frequently burning things, however they quickly figured out that burning your own things isn't as fun as burning someone elses stuff. So they began to conquer all lands smaller and weaker than themselves so they burned everything in the army's path as a tribute to their fire god.
A Tahitian attack:
1. they will burn down all the buildings they see
2.they will burn all the people they see
3. they will take all un-burnt resources
4. they will line the streets with the corpses of the burnt people as a sign of their territory

This empire is brutal and is simply looking for things to burn rather than monetary gain, there is NO negotiation

DeletedUser11003

Hello my name is Captinmaple and this is my unorthadox submission:

The wind gusts strong and briskly making you shiver, as you trudgingly ascend up the hilly path that lies before you and your destination. Resting a moment at the top, you look over the city landscape, taking in all it has to offer. At first glance this city seems harmless, another sleepy town nestled between a soft mountain shoulder and a lake, riddled with large trees and conifers, busy streets and bright buildings… but you know better. Things are rarely what they appear to be in these dark times. a cloud obscures the sun and A shadow rolls over the town as the wind picks up again, this time seemingly colder than before, and reminds you of your haste. Finally you spot the Inn, on the North side of town, where you arranged to meet. “It will be good to get inside and out of this weather before sundown” you think. With a moments hesitance, you wrap your garments around you tightly and make your final descent into the small town of Mapleton.
Walking up the stony path you cross bullish soldiers rigidly honing their skills while enshrouded archers guard the steep walls that surround you and the city castle. The road winds around a tall tower bulging out of the castle’s shoulder with a purpose you cannot fathom. Further along the road brings you to long rows of houses extending all the way down to the lakeshore: some smaller, dirtier houses of simple construction at first, littered with clotheslines and little children with dirty faces running down the street, and then better two-story houses of a more complex design, some older than others, with tall windows with decorated trim and some loose garden tools scattered across their yards. The road forks at a tall statue of some ancient God from ages past left untouched by all but the birds and leaves that gather in its stoop: perhaps as an omen to all those who arrive expecting a warm welcome and a moral piety amongs the city denizens. Finally the road leads to the city centre where you pass a fat shop-keepers arguing with traveling merchantsmen over his goods and a few Alchemists pack up their tents and goods. A tall spindly apothecary gathers his plants and the local doctor closes up shop. You see two angry looking men across the street from you hurriedly walking around the corner and out of view. The road narrows to a church and lastly the Inn, a weatherworn sign hanging out front for weary travellers, gently banging its storefront with each windgust. As you reach the door you take one last look behind you down the road across the square of people and vaguely glimpse a fleeting shadow darting out of sight. “Or was it?...” you think to yourself. Was it just a paranoid mind playing tricks on you?
As you enter the Inn you’re hit with a barrage or stale odors: ale and perspiration, woodsmoke and a particular musk that comes with older buildings. The lobby opens up to a larger hallway and then a staircase, a dining room on the right with tables and chairs scattered across it with a few groups of patrons decidedly talking amongst themselves uninterested in your arrival and a young, not unsightly woman perplexedly talking to herself as she cleans tables. You scan a few cloaked figures in the corner, hoping to catch a glimpse of whomever your contact may be to no avail. The Innkeeper signals to you form across a bench and you approach her.
“Will ye be needin’ a room?” She asks, and gives you a stern look up and down, then gently shrugs her shoulders back.
“Just for the night” you respond and hand her a few coins.
“Yer room is up the stairs and to the left, second door on the right.” She motions then pushes her unkempt hair back “kitchen’s serves until 10 and there’s ale and a might other things to be keepin yeh warm at night. Rooms turnout before midday and don’ be expecting any mercy for a drunken plea in the mornin’!”
Somberly, you proceed past the tables of people, past some walls with old paintings and up the large staircase, each step echoing along the old wooden staircase and to your room. You enter and scan the room, a small bed with a set of drawers and table next to it, then quickly close the door behind you, relieved to be finally be out of sight and out in the open, you have but a moment to test the comfort of the bed before you hear another set of footsteps, slowly approach your door, then pass and on down the hall. In two hours you will complete the final part of your mission, all you have to do now is wait…

DeletedUser8866

A CyIam Fel Dranghyr's Saga
Chapter 1 The beginning.

Looking back on a strange life as a young man traveling the world and at length came to a great tree, heavy laden with thick red foliage and loaded with pendant strange fruit. From this almost impenetrable bower i saw naked children running and playing in their village street, women grinding corn in crude stone mortars, while others were fashioning cakes from the powdered flour. Out in the fields i could see men hoeing, weeding, or gathering. All wore strange protruding girdles of dried grass about their hips and many were loaded with brass and copper anklets, armlets and bracelets.
And while paused to watch, saw a group of men hiding in the close woods armed with clubs, Barbarians! how I hated those evil Godless men, slavers and cutthroats all.
So with a young man's sinewy fingers drew fathers sword and thus we struggled, the one side to crush out life with their clubs and make slaves of a simple people and myself to save a small unknown village.
With a mighty battle cry "Oorah" attacked fighting for more than my own life that day, it changed my life forever.
At the end of the battle I withdrew the long sword that had so often rendered me master of far mightier muscles than my own, placed a foot upon the neck of this vanquished enemy, and once again, loud enough that the forest rang fierce with wild cry of a conqueror. "Oorah"
And this is how I came came into the Kingship. I kill with a joyous laugh upon my lips but not with cruelty.
I kill for defense of My People, because after that day they were My people and I am responsible for them.
But, being a human, I sometimes take pleasure in this, a thing which no other animal does; for it has remained for humans alone, among all creatures to kill wantonly for the mere pleasure of inflicting suffering and death and I am.

That day also saw the beginning of Barbarian BBQ as number of the women scattered to their huts to fetch pots and water, while the men built a row of fires on which portions of the feast were to be broiled with the strange red fruit of the tree I first noticed. It was quite late when all were ready in the village, a dance commenced to circle faster, they all sang in with unknown tongue in a odd cadence.
I watched from beneath half-closed lids of delirium from pain and exhaustion. But after eating but a small amount of this juicy BBQ I was revived and watched amazed as my wounds healed in minutes, vitality arose within me.
I then saw a old man dressed in rags of many colors.
As he looked me in the eye and I understood him instantly as he said " You must rule them now. They are now your life"
He then turned and walked slowly into the forest. I still hear him laughing tho it has been many years ago.

Chapter 2 Guild Wars

On a cold winters night King Cy bundled up in his robes sits on his throne, his crown rests heavy on his head deep in thought.
As King Cy stands as he looks over his advisers all showing worry, some with fear. He shows them nothing on his face, but in his mind he is elated and ready.
Over the last months he has steadfastly increased troops and promoted a diversity of advanced goods.
Kept the population growing happily by adding homes with running water. With a Statue to Zeus for his warriors and Cathedral of Aachen to introduce His God with His city is running well.
It has not been easy to change stone age hunters into civilized peoples so quickly. The investment in Theater, Schools, Amphitheaters and even a Tavern has helped with His diverse but enthusiastic people to overcome many problems but at a huge cost as Tercio Ceuta has set their sites on interfering with Cy's true goal for his beloved peoples. The security and room to grow into a great modern nation of Acylam.
So with determination pours the wax and applies His Seal on the Guild War Proclamation*.
He orders all His Ambassadors to personally hand it to His Fellow Kings for Their approval.

Guild War Proclamation
King Cy Commands
1. Troops to reenforce the Great Dawn Trading Army as fast as can be trained.
2. Subjects within AcyIam Will support the War-Lords and Ladies
making sure they have the finest blades, armor, arrows and reinforcements as they need.
3. Barbarian BBQ will be served free to all so none will ever go hungry again.
4. Any Tercio Ceuta agents caught will be hung from the gallows, city plundered and pillaged.
5. With every Victory a night of free Mead will be served. (may have to drop this one as getting expensive )
Signed and Sealed
King CyIam
Fel Dranghyr

DeletedUser

Story of My Town

Good Afternoon, I am General Suvirg and I am the General of the Brisgard's unique combination of units that make up a merciless army.
I command King Titanius's men and lead to a hostile victory.Our tactics are supreme and will shock anyone who stands in our way.So shocking that they will be abolished if they dare stand in our way.
We are just in the Early Middle Ages about to reach the High Middle Ages and our army is as superior in our collection of provinces that we have planned, infiltrated and gathered along the way.
Our mercenaries are so merciless blood boils in their veins and their arteries go berserk as they slice you up bit by bit.
Our mounted archers will outrun your flee and rain arrows long before you see your homeland
Our armored infantry will cut your with their swords so sharp your limbs will severe at mere sight.
Our Heavy Cavalry will run and cut you down like an horde of happy people in Binrin's mind and our Catapults will bombard your house you will be homeless like a poverty-stricken panhandler.
All of those hard-hearted are at my command.
Sometimes when the king is really desperate to gather a sector he uses some chicken way called 'NEGOTIATION'.
Don't tell him I said this but I think him and Ugar Bronzetongue and chicken-hearts because why not fight when you have a army so killer it can bring down the whole Colosseum that Ferny Cus took 700 days to build.
Quite recently i visited Gravy Darn's Summer Casino and won a Champion and a Rogue but sadly they did not know the Titanian Way of life and died in the 'Battle of West-Nagach'.
Many spies have located in our realms but our defence has brought them to the Town Hall and then straight to the gallows for you.
Tomorrow at dawn we will begin the conquest of Pfefferburg and leave the battle until blood is mixed with the pouring rain

Yours Sincerly,

General Survirg

Commander-In-Chief and major of Titanian Brisgard

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Zipopolus

I sit on the terrace of my new town hall this morning and ponder the city my family has built. Zipopolis has become one of the shoemaking centers of the world! I smile and glance at my new pair of Rinosaurus Hide cowboy boots, they're -SO- comfortable !!! And the little horns at the tips make them ideal for surefooted combat!

But my thoughts turn to other matters. As Mayor of this town, there is much on my mind. I must make sure the stage is finished in our new Hagia Concert Hall for tonight's performance by our own HMA GVG Glee Club. Then see about clearing some land for the new Monastery the Warriors Chaplin wants to build near our Temple of Zeus. The temple needs more monks, it's importance grows as the ranks of our warriors are swelled with new recruits dreaming of glory in the ongoing GVG wars ... I wonder if my great, great, great, grandfather knew how big the village he founded would grow?

After that's taken care of I'll swing by the new Doctor's office and see if it's being properly polished, we made a huge investment in Medical Research and we need to make the most of it. There' a brief ceremony next to dedicate a rare Baobab tree, I'm told the arts committee has done a fantastic job of decorating it. It's one of the better items left behind when we ran that traveling Gypsy Casino out of town last week. Time then for Lunch with a trade delegation at the Inn. I think I'll have a nice Crisp Salad, made fresh with some of our locally grown produce. After lunch we'll tour the Goods District, that should impress them! We're producing a surplus and trade is very important.

If all goes well, maybe I can grab a donut at the Candy store after that ... I get a kick out of the neighborhood kids that hang out there and ... they ARE future voters! Then I have to get serious. There's an afternoon meeting with the Generals of our Warrior Guild. There's a significant problem, we have a SPY to catch. Our Alliance's top secret battle plans are being stolen and given to our enemies. Recent security measures didn't work. We must devise a plan to catch the spy and, perhaps infiltrate the enemy swine (that's actually what they call themselves). We'll figure something out.

Who would have thought the little boy chasing goats on his father's farm would one day run this city and advise great generals ? As Mayor, I will always face a few problems, but generally life is good here. I think that great, great, great grandfather VonZipper would be proud. I sip my tea and ponder the city my family has built.

EricVonZipper

DeletedUser

A small crowd of travelers listens to a man who begins to speak.

"In the land of Brisgard, there lies the town of Balvenie". "And in this town, there is a secret kept by it's towns people". "There by the blessed shores of the Silver lake it is known but never uttered". "For to utter it is to loose the power of the dark lords of chaos upon the world which is anarchy and mayhem, and the town is always on the side of what is good, righteous, and of the light". "Never does it give it's secret willingly nor will it ever, for it is too seductive a power for the world to know of such a secret, for to tell it to the world is to take the world hostage"! "Yes, the Avatars of light have given this town an awesome yoke but it is a burden the town also cherishes within it's very walls".

"The Silverwraith's guard the secret and imbibe of it". "It gives them the strength, courage and force of will to handle any usurper who is foolish enough to try invading upon Balvenian lands". "Oh yes, the secret has power, oh yes it does"! "Never doubt that kind friend, nor you pitiful villian". "For the Avatars of light have given us this burden and we toil with it's secret"... "Willingly, yes for we partake of the secret as well". "Will I tell the secret"? "Give away it's hiding place"? "NAY"!!! "I will not"! "For the guild of the Silverwraith would surely have my tongue roasting on the spit for the guard dogs were I ever to utter about it's smooth, succulent taste"! "DAM!"! "I maybe uttering too much"!

The narrator of this story looks nervously about. Too late, for there is a shadow leaning up against the corner of the building a crossed the square! He knows the man by the silouette. Involuntarily gulping, he screams like he's been shot through the eye with a fire arrow! He throws himself face first on the ground and trembles, awaiting his fate! The man walks out of the shadow and speaks for the first time. "I have not introduced myself, my name is Dedeye McMurrough". I'm the leader of the Silverwraith's and Mayor of the town of Balvenie as well". The crowd gasps and steps back in fear! " I see you have met Flengar McDougal, our Sales ambassador". "He never ceases to spin a good yarn, do you Flen?" A muffled "No" is all you hear from the old man on the ground, and then a low chuckle, that cascades to a full belly laugh. Flengar gets up and brushes himself off and Dedeye approaches and speaks to the crowd. " Listen friends, what Flengar tells you is true, we have the Secret but it is not unattainable". You may purchase it anytime but just make sure you bring the appropriate funds to do so. For we are the makers of the legendary Secret, the finest scotch whiskey in all of Brisgard". You have heard of it I'm sure, for any libation that gives one no headache after a night festivities is truly a powerful commodity. Everything we need to make the secret comes from right here in Balvenie to make this delicate flower of a libation". We believe that the lake from which the water comes imbues a power upon the secret to heal the brain and chase the sins of fear and doubt from the body making one a fearsome and righteous berserker in battle, for we have never found an equal on the field of battle since time began"! "Aged 75 years in our holy golden oak casks, when one is tapped the priest's bless us and it". "We have a taste and then the cask is rolled off to the beach bar"! It lasts for half a year as any cask of that size would, I don't know what it weighs but any cask that takes a team of 13 oxen and 50 men to move it into place should tell you of it's size". "The Secret also travels with us in battle for the special glow it gives us brings fear to the hearts of our enemies"!

So, if you would make your way over to the visitor's embassy kind sir, we can parlay over the cost of a tankard of the Secret but do not insult us with a meager bid for we find insults a capital offense here in Balvenie". "Oh and remember, we lack for nothing here as the Secret is so legendary, so empty your pockets friend and you can tell you're grandchildren about the time you went to Balvenie and paid your weight in diamonds for the chance to see God in a flagon"!

DeletedUser

The Four Kingdoms of The Kneecracker

The Kneecracker walked into the Royal Bedchamber in his main city on the world of Fel Dranghyr. He just returned from his tour of the Four Kingdoms. It’s been a struggle, but it is finally accomplished he thought, looking out from his parapet at the many Great Buildings dotting the western half of the city.

Ever since his days as a solitary fighter in an unremembered universe, he landed here, with only the name of “The Kneecracker” to tie him to his warrior past. Fel Dranghyr was his greatest accomplishment. He set out to build a city for people who wanted the simple life: progress through fair trade, and happiness. Sure, the occasional rival city (and there were many thousands) would encroach and battle his defending forces. Once in a while those opposing forces would win. But he and his people took it in stride, always learning from losses as well as the victories. It was with regret that he had to battle against other lands to acquire goods, treasure and to expand his own borders, but it was all needed in order to bring his city up to its current state. He could see in the distance on the eastern edge a new Water Pumping Station slowly climbing into the skyline. Fresh clean water… that was sure to make the citizens happy and content.

He heard from his courier that one of his guild mates had just visited. It was always a wonder how just a simple visit of a few moments could encourage and motivate one of his citizens, or help double the production from one of his factories- or simply make his people happier from the encouragement. For a long time, he avoided the guild cities. But in watching how his people struggled to get trades from other cities (guild or not), he started to realize the importance of joining with one of the many guilds. And so the first guild he researched and got invited to worked out pretty well. But as time progressed, he realized that their aims were not exactly the right fit for his citizens. So when Smart Conquerors contacted him with an offer, he made his farewells from his current guild, and became a member- and has not looked back since. The leaders of this guild are brilliant, and the trading manager is the best that any of the realms has ever seen. And because of that, his main kingdom in Fel Dranghyr prospered and entered into a golden age.

And so The Kneecracker knew what was required. It was time to expand into other realms and share the knowledge he had learned with others. Hence, new cities were built in the realms of Dunarsund and Greifental- and these cities proper with the same management. This was followed by the rediscovery of an ancient realm in Hooundsmoor that had been abandoned. In reading the archives, the city was nearly wiped from existence by marauders intent on destroying trade and stealing the people’s money and products while the city was still young. When The Kneecracker discovered it, it was nearly destroyed, but it is now prospering better than ever.

The Kneecracker was very proud of his accomplishments and thanked the makers daily for the ability to raise up from nothing, cities of glory…
The Four Kingdoms of The Kneecracker!

DeletedUser12600

I believe it says "all entrants will receive a prize"...when are we going to get them?

DeletedUser12351

Intergaard

The bustling metropolis of Intergaard lies in a rugged country near to the sea. It has successfully overcome a long difficult struggle to gain its fortune and independence, waging historic battles but also shrewdly entreating its enemies to yield territory rather than face the wrath of its force. Its once mighty armies, so valiant and true, are now however but a revered memory in the annals of the past.

The current Intergaard is multicultural city given to merriment and song rather than to the drumbeat of war. Moving through the historic area of the city the changes are apparent from the early development of a small town seeking to protect itself from a hostile landscape to a bold new country able to build wonderful palaces and great buildings. The great buildings show the importance placed on having strong armies able to go forth and conquer, instilling fear of reprisal in any enemy considering raids for plunder.

As Intergaard moved on in time and its cities grew more modern the influence of the French style market places were implanted from the many people from the area who were either forced into the armies or other services during the early conquests, or later migrated to a land now rich in opportunity. The Historic District holds the nostalgic might and charms of earlier times along with some of its customs. On the opposite side of the city the french Chateau and courtyard also became a cornerstone in the modern area of the city where grandeur is incorporated into a nature setting.

Next to the Chateau you will find young urban and suburbanites who bring merriment and song to a very high level. For good or evil Intergaard has its suburbs with all of the pleasures and vices inherent in the modern city. Although its workers still toil to produce goods and to spend coins, the work places are different now than in ages gone by. The city has progressed now to become a major trading center bringing influences and goods from all over the world. The greatest influence has come from America with its wide open spaces and decadent luxuries.

For all wishing to come to Intergaard there is many ways to earn a living, from farming and ranching to working downtown in shops and factories. From suits and ties to T-shirts and sandals. For those on holiday or vacation there is a Key West style beach looking out over a bay leading to the ocean. The Pina Coladas are a specialty but you can find about anything else there you seek.

We are a peaceful people here in Intergaard, laid back and happy. But we are also easily aroused, and biding our time until we find new worlds to explore and conquer. Let the vagaries of time do as they will, we take it all in stride.

For now, let there be peace and merriment, song and wine and tales of yore. Yet awaiting the day when once again the battle horns will blow, plowshares beaten into swords, and heroic battles fought in distant lands.

DeletedUser12351

Intergaard

The bustling metropolis of Intergaard lies in a rugged country near to the sea. It has successfully overcome a long difficult struggle to gain its fortune and independence, waging historic battles but also shrewdly entreating its enemies to yield territory rather than face the wrath of its force. Its once mighty armies, so valiant and true, are now however but a revered memory in the annals of the past.

The current Intergaard is multicultural city given to merriment and song rather than to the drumbeat of war. Moving through the historic area of the city the changes are apparent from the early development of a small town seeking to protect itself from a hostile landscape to a bold new country able to build wonderful palaces and great buildings. The great buildings show the importance placed on having strong armies able to go forth and conquer, instilling fear of reprisal in any enemy considering raids for plunder.

As Intergaard moved on in time and its cities grew more modern the influence of the French style market places were implanted from the many people from the area who were either forced into the armies or other services during the early conquests, or later migrated to a land now rich in opportunity. The Historic District holds the nostalgic might and charms of earlier times along with some of its customs such as playing Pétanque (Boule Game / Bucci Ball) once the markets have been dismantled after lunch. On the opposite side of the city the french Chateau and courtyard also became a cornerstone in the modern area of the city where grandeur is incorporated into a nature setting.

Next to the Chateau you will find young urban and suburbanites who bring merriment and song to a very high level. For good or evil Intergaard has its suburbs with all of the pleasures and vices inherent in the modern city. Although its workers still toil to produce goods and to spend coins, the work places are different now than in ages gone by. The city has progressed now to become a major trading center bringing influences and goods from all over the world. The greatest influence has come from America with its wide open spaces and decadent luxuries.

For all wishing to come to Intergaard there is many ways to earn a living, from farming and ranching to working downtown in shops and factories. From suits and ties to T-shirts and sandals. For those on holiday or vacation there is a Key West style beach looking out over a bay leading to the ocean. The Pina Coladas are a specialty but you can find about anything else there you seek.

We are a peaceful people here in Intergaard, laid back and happy. But we are also easily aroused, and biding our time until we find new worlds to explore and conquer. Let the vagaries of time do as they will, we take it all in stride.

For now, let there be peace and merriment, song and wine and tales of yore. Yet awaiting the day when once again the battle horns will blow, plowshares beaten into swords, and heroic battles fought in distant lands.

DeletedUser

The Foundary
Hey there,I am princess heaven,You must be new here,Ahhh I see u want to know a little about our history before you join us? ok! Well,many years ago in a dark new world the founders of this city met and found each other at a waterfall searching for resources.They never seen other people so they asked each other,d-do...you want to start a city? So they did,on their journey trying to find a perfect spot for land they ran into a few people,who guided us and are still helping us to today.Whats That? Why did they choose here? Well of course we chose here silly because there was everything any city needed,It contained water,food,supplies,coins,gems,diamonds,everything! It was a perfect flat spot and they all went looking for things to make the city out of.
Meet The Founders
Well 'ey there princess heaven told us 'ye might be stayin here with us,and that 'ye wanted to meet us 'eh? Well 'Iym King Falador,first founda of Kingdom/city breebreek,and this is 'me friend second founda king charm a nickname for king apuesto(spanish for handsome),and heres the last founder...err....Princess heaven.. u met her I know so I don't have to 'xplain it to 'ye
In The Future Of Kingdom/City Breebreek

Can you bealive were already early-middle ages? it seemed like just yesterday we were iron (right now im iron age) now we got all this better fancy buildings and everything and we rule the world,but when we were iron it was so hard,no matter what the troops we had were they almost always died,we could only use negrogate!Well,time to go bye,I needa find my prince charming in the ball room now goodbye!
City Buildings

I got a got farm,Two spear fighter barracks,Two warriors barracks,A iron age town hall,A slingers range,A champions retreat,A rogue hideout,A sandcastle,Two thatched houses,Two Chalets,Seven stilt houses,One straw hut,Two Roof-tile houses,Two cottages,Six flower patches,One phoenix statue,One watchfire,Two decorated Baobabs,One palm tree,And one monument.

Augast 30th 2014

I am iron age and I hope that you enjoyed my story! thanks!

DeletedUser12684

My name is Reynolds Daniel 802 my village is in a town no to far away in Kroch it is not the biggest village nor the strongest but it is the most passionate village in the world of korch. I have the tower of bable that my korchonions view everyday as a sign that were growing and growing fast soon before we know it we will be riding in cars and on the internet playing foe. The korchonions are loyal people and hard workers they don't complain and are always ready to learn from hunting to making shoes and schools but do not cross them for they have a dark side they will kill if in threat they have been in well over 400 battles so far and show no sign of retreat they are hard frivolous people and they will strike down u with furious anger who ever attempts to poison and destroy there brothers. And you will know there names are the korchian.own Reynolds the great it is a beautiful place full of culture and diversity understanding and fairness with hard working folks with the work ethic of a great representative democracy soon we will rule with an iron fist of judgment and prosperity so for all who appose we are coming for you friend or foe you will respect us . I love this great land to come from nothing and be something .

DeletedUser

The Mystery of the Twin Pillars.

"I do not use titles often, but this day calls for their weight and impact. As Chancellor, Holder of the Seals of the Twin Pillars, Commander of the World Order Cohort, Key bearer of Yoslita Markets, Custodian of the Templar Colony, Protector of the Silver Flame, Dean of Aachen, and First Light Bearer of the House of Alexandria, in the reign of the Iron Emperor I bid you welcome to our fair city of Stone Heart."
The crowd cheers enthusiastically, without coercion or payment.
"As some of you know, there is a curse upon our line of Chancellors, that they shall be .... Unnamed.
Not as first sounding, that they are without a name, but that they are named and that the name is taken as hostage until such time as they redeem themselves....and today I hope I can DO JUST THAT!"
More roars from the crowd.
"We stand here in sight of the still smoldering remains of the House of Stilts brought down in fiery ruin by Ty the Great of the Open Palm. He could have taken our vast stockpiles of Brick or Rope, but no, the house of Stilts contained the archives of the city newspaper, now in ashes. His intentions are clear. He is out to take our history!"
The crowd turns angry with shouts of "Burn him! Burn the plunderer!"
"No friends, our city is more than cobbled and twisting streets, our history is more than document or fine architecture. Our gates are open. We welcome visitors yearning to unravel the mystery of the Twin Pillars.
Friends! Our redemption lies not in pursing this Ty rant or indeed ranting on about this Ty, [polite laughter], but in plotting a different course, of holding to ideals of Justice this city was built on, ideals strong enough to bring peace to the world, where traders are not harried by plunderers, where writers are not silenced by swords."
Loud cheers and applause.
"Today! We extend the hand of friendship to our enemy. Let it be this day that peace will reign. In front of the eyes of the world of East Nagach on Sept 12, join us Ty the Great IV, join the Twin Pillars and forge a new history!"

Afterword:
A heavily cloaked figure slips from the shadows after listening to the Chancellors speech, and moves quickly out of the city gates. "Blood Saytr must hear about this!", he mutters to himself.
In the Garrison Halls, great swords are being sharpened. A visiting party from the lands of the Wolfbane ask "If you are making friends, why the swords?"
"Orders from the Chancellor, he may be an idealist but he is not a fool. I've seen him take out 6 ballista with only a few soldiers. He knows the risks."
In the Copper Hog Inn, named long ago when Stone Heart ran a huge mine and dreamed of cornering the copper market, groups debated the chances of Ty joining the Twin Pillars.
"He's a barbarian, you can tell that from his face, this is not a game, he'll likely chop our hands off!"
And under the baleful eye of the Statue of Zeus, in the lurid green light of the witch doctors fires, hushed voices scheme. "He must not regain his name, he must not!"

DeletedUser12577

Hello All,

The story of my town Banjo253 is one of adventure, love, addiction, sadness and hope. It all began when one night this lonesome and weary commuter, myself, Banjo, was diligently checking the weather forecast prior to mounting my trusty steel horse to make the ride to my place of work. While reviewing the forecast with a well known forecaster, TWC, I placed my eyes on one small advertisement for something called "Forge of Empires". One point and click and I was whisked away on an adventure like no other before.

The Adventure
That night, on a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha, I was upon my steel horse when the winds began to howl like wolves in the distance. My steed, trusty and true, was lifted by the winds with me upon it and whisked off to a far off place. Upon my arrival I was alone but yet felt surrounded. I soon came to a sign labeled Langendorn where I was compelled to establish my new home.
Love
With no money to spend, my beginnings were humble and meek as if something from the stone age. But I worked and worked hard at that. I put nearly every waked moment into my small village, hunting, gathering, and farming. I loved this land and soon felt a yearning for more.
Addiction
As my small village grew into a new age, in stature and population, we found ourselves victims. We were victims of small attacks as we were plundered of many of our goods. We knew we must build forces to defend what we had grown to love. Once our forces were established we began our retaliation on those who previously attacked us. Village after village, city after city, sector after sector, we began the siege and plunder of the lands of our opponents. The battles became fierce and something of an addiction, pushing on and on until we could see no further. But we continued to scout as this new addiction had gotten hold of us. But then there was my wife, the queen.
Sadness
The addiction was so great, so overwhelming, that I had nearly forgotten about my wife the queen. But she wouldn't let me forget as she often stood in the corner of the room while I reviewed maps and battle plans to continue growing my empire. She sometimes peered across the room at me with such distaine that I thought maybe she didn't love this empire as I did. Maybe she hated it. I thought, this queen must go!
Hope
But there was still hope. One day, while the queen and I were walking along in the woods we came upon an apple tree. The queen pointed out that this was no ordinary apple tree as it had pods hanging from it. As we looked up at the pods 1 of them had shaken loose and dropped directly into my queens hands. The queen handed it over to me. This pod, this 1-pod felt magical. It held in it many answers and most importantly the solution to issue of the queen. This 1-pod had the ability to hold maps and plans, inventories of supplies, and had the mystical ability to send messages to far off places. This 1-pod gave me ability to move about my castle and empire without restraint.This 1-pod made my empire mobile! I love my queen!

DeletedUser12690

In the land of Xenohyperbolic,

They are a great city. I was sure when I had first started to build the city that having a small town will not be able to support the needs of a people that will have to survive the powers of the wilderness. Blending into the surrounding will only have shown the laws of nature that we are capable of finding true tranquility in the area that we live. I was not surprised when I had wandered outside the opinion of the infamous Rague Silvertongue to only build an army that would quickly seize all that was necessary for the foundation. An army, the force that was not only capable of showing me that I was only limited to the base of a town that we had been working on to be able to build, grow and find a way to the future that had been meant for us. I would like to tell you that we had shown quite a few that we were not only capable of having told many that we were expanding but were able to have said that we are the strong that had united.

I had chosen a name that was not only a sign of the feared but having the knowledge of being able to dramatically alter the minds of the rest of the realms. It was not long when the thought had occurred to me that I had been pressured into telling the people of the city that our town had been seen by the others rulers of their lands and had rumored that we were shown to possess the powers that had been seen by all as, "a rumbling force that had defeated all that stood in the path of their army." I was not surprised when the townspeople had cheered and their happiness had grown to a fourth digit. It had been known to the townsfolk that we were not to be underestimated and to have been told that our spies were not only doing their best at infiltrating the opposing armies but the negotiation had been minimal. I had hoped to tell you that I had gone from a small tribal community to the city that you see today, but from my experience I can only tell you that we had not been able to keep the community miniscule for long.

I had hoped that I would be the one to tell the story of Xenohyperbolic and to be the one that had been chosen to say that I can rightfully be your leader in the works of a city that is a wonder to the prosperity of mankind. The tourism here is not as bad as you might think, being the city of 621 the population is always welcoming the newest member with the hospitality of the known to the Iron age. With the town hall at the center of it all the most welcoming trades can be made with the know how of a certain leader. It has been known that the town's farm is always full of groceries with cherries, cabbages, and tomatoes fully grown locally and harvested at their ripest for a taste unimaginable. A local vineyard is right near by the farm creating the neighborly aged wine that is not only appreciated by the locals but cherished by all who are allowed to have a taste. The name of the wine is known by many realms to have a full bodied flavor with not only the hand of a craftsman behind it but a well age vine from the area.

With the work of a master architect the newly founded roof tile houses have been seen around the city. A move forward into the age of Iron this house is encouraged by me to be the talk of the new age. It was not long after that the Stilt
house had been out dated that we had spoken to the residents and they have not only considered the upgrade but have been seen by Fernikus for the future of our wonderful city. Feel free to visit the Pottery whenever possible for the great work of a wonderful master artist! It is not only seen that his bowls have lasted throughout the ages, but they have been popularized by the locals has, "a must have." The pottery goes great with our vineyard wine and is expected to age with the expertise of their talented hand. I am not overdoing anything, the knowhow of a local worker is not only expected to be heard around the city but to be rumored all throughout the realms.

The blacksmith is a popular place for the people who have horses, they have been known(and we have been told) that not only is it impossible to have a horse fitted with the proper shoe outside the Xenohyperbolic but it is relative to the nature of the city being the experienced horseman of the battlefield himself, to have fitted every one of the horses in our great city. He is a popular man with the talent of not only being able to tame the horse down to a whisper but to have been able to lock down the hobby of a local key collector! I am not surprised considering the way that we work all in unison with each other. I would have been told by the local town crier but I did not heed his news, I saw the progress made myself.

We have three wonderful statues that dress the town well. They are known to the people to have the ability to "watch" over the population. With the talented hand of the regular stonemason, we have managed to create the three great statues that we see today. The first being the ever watchful eye of "The King," he is seen by the people standing holding the sword that had strengthened his hand on the battlefield having been able to ward off the warriors and mounted horsemen with just a single blow to the ascending attackers. The minor and less eventful statue standing at a border of the city giving us the sense that had better keep an eye out for the attacking city of other leaders. Having regularly cleaned the "Well of Welcome" is noticed not too far from the bordering statue having brought luck to the people and showing that the rights of man have been more than just an act of luck but a beacon of proper progress for the masses.

And finally the "Wishing Well," seen right behind the Town Hall it has brought us great dreams of what could be thought up as a goal for our daily lives. Newly developed and thought of as a work of art given to us by the wheel, the "Wishing Well" is a wonderful sign that we have been able to build a city that had been seen by those who had been walking throughout the realms that we have a place for the population of Xenohyperbolic for their modernist perspectives and hopes. I would like to include that it is a place that will always be with us whenever we are needed to show that the city itself is a movement of progress and a statute of that that can be made into a proper leaning post when a ruler leads forward.

I would like to pressure you into coming to our city, Xenohyperbolic for a great time and have a look for your children. I am sure that you will never regret the invite and will be the pillar to our community when taken to the town hall to have an introduction to the people. I myself will be there and we will show you that we are a great race to have been in the realms of the Forge of Empires. I would like to mention that I have comprised the best of our city so that we all can share the thoughts and feelings of a place that would have been seen by all as a location that had successfully been apart of a progressive leadership. To Hasdrubaal Barkus, of the province of East-Nagach. I would like for you to know that I have been fully militarized and experienced for quite some time so, if you would wish that you come to a negotiation for the sake of your troops I would like that alot. Thank you for your time and patience with the city of Xenohyperbolic, I wish you a great life and love from all here at Xenohyperbolic. Farwell!

DeletedUser

“Order! Order!” the sound of the gavel traveled through the chamber with a resounding boom as Xilaria struggled to regain control of the council. “Am I the only one who is tired of our Mechanized Artillery troops constantly being defeated by horse troops and guys with rifles?” Said an exasperated council member. “Last week we lost nearly a whole platoon! Only three of our men returned!” Xilaria slammed the gavel down so hard that it cracked, sending the head flying in the direction of the gathered crowd. It landed with a thud at the center chamber floors, silencing any further outbursts. “Gentlemen and ladies! Please….” She said, pushing herself up from her seat. She strode to the center of the council chamber, her strong, stoic facial expression commanding attention from everyone. Xilaria looked down at the floor and slowly bent to pick up the gavel head. As she stared at it, she gathered her thoughts. You could see a million varied ideas gathering behind her eyes as they solidified into a cohesive message. “My people. Council members. Visitors from afar. Potential residents of this town. Listen to my words.” She began. “This city, has come to be known for its candy confections.” She said, shifting her stance. She stood straight and tall with determination in her eyes. “In fact, we have revolutionized the industry! We’ve become not just an authority on the candy making craft; we have come to be known as the very center of culinary arts when it comes to candy creations of all kinds!” The gathered throng began to murmur affirmations as they looked at one another nodding their heads in agreement.

Xilaria strode over to the desk of one council member whose still bore a doubtful look. “Where was this world before Candied Bacon Crème Brûlée?” She said, staring straight into her eyes. Xilaria rushed to an outspoken city resident who seemed to be unmoved by her speech. “Who bothered to even come here to spend a dime before Chocolate Heavenly Hash Burgers burst onto the scene?” She slowly and methodically approached an aspiring confectioner. “Where would you go to learn the most innovative and inspiring techniques in candy making if not here? Wartopia? I don’t think so!” As she raised her points, the murmur in the chamber became a chorus of strong and supportive voices. “Sure our Mechanized Artillery troops can’t seem to beat a guy on horseback for some reason. It doesn’t stop the endless number of people lining up for…compulsory conscription into the army…but no one is leaving despite that, right? People are still voluntarily coming here to experience the best candied confections in Cirgard!” Heads nodded in agreement. “We’re not warriors! We’re candy makers and there is nowhere else you’d want to go to eat, live or learn if candy is your passion!” The council chamber erupted in cheers and rallying cries that could be heard beyond the walls of the room and out into the streets. Xilaria smiled as she slowly returned to her seat in the council chambers, tossing the gavel head in her hand as she went. Sitting down once again she addressed all those gathered. “Now, is there any more business before we adjourn?” A lone council member slowly and meekly stood from behind his desk. “Could we maybe look at horse-resistant armor for our Mechanized Assault troops?” Xilaria placed the palm of her hand over her eyes, shook her head and sighed.

DeletedUser12644

The Story of my town without a name in the Land of Dunarsund.

The Bulldog King
Destroyer of guilds
In the Lands of Dunarsund

A young stranger arrived in a small unknown town nick named Bulldog. In time he found a home in this town without a name and dreamed that this town could be a rich city where people from all the known lands would come to trade and rejoice in the wonder of new Great Buildings. His dream was to make a place where people would want to live a ply their trade and earn a good living.

Than one day some week or two later he realized that other people would want and take what little his people had even then. It was a lesson he would learn over and over again as bigger and more powerful towns people would attack and plunder his little town. So he and some of his town people build a small army and stood up to those who would try to attack and steal from his little town.

At first Bulldog and his small army did not make much progress. But he learned quickly by seeing other players and what they did well and copied what they had done. But this took coin and supplies and soon had to find ways to earn or steal more to keep building his town. Bulldog also had to compete to earn space for ever more building to support the growth of his town as he achieved his goals of making this little town a safer place of wonder and trade.

Sometimes he would counter attack those who plundered or tried to attack his little town as a warning that this is an active and proud people who will not let any aggression go unchallenged. Sometimes those who once stole from Bulldog and his people would even learn to support and trade, ending the need to spend blood and treasure for small gains. Living in peace and sharing information about the world of Dunarsund.

After some success that lead to the growth and security of his town Bulldog received a message from a new stranger asking if he would like to be part a band of towns know as a guild. This would offer his growing town more opportunity to find fair trade and new information and ideas about ever bigger building of wonder. Soon his people started to research ever new technology and learn how to build resident building and production buildings and beautiful decorations that made his people more productive. It was around this time people started calling him The Bulldog King.

Than one day he learned about a group within the newly formed guild known as Reliance, had sought to compete with other guilds for land and treasure. Some had been skeptical and afraid. Others never even communicated one way or the other. Soon The Bulldog King found new friends that shared in good stories and goals for their now growing cities.

So they planned and talked about what they learned from others about this strange thing known as GvG. As they planned and whipped themselves into a frenzy of glory The Bulldog King initiated an unplanned attack on the IA map. Then others soon joined in and we took our first sector of land.

After that it wasn’t long before another guild noticed our small success and move closer to us. This caused The Bulldog King and his new friends to wonder what this would mean. With the taste of fresh victory giving us a false sense of hope and glory, we attacked this guild thinking they would be planning to attack us soon. The whole thing was over before it ever started. The Bulldog King and his friends had been soundly defeated and humiliated for all to see. A lesson he and his friends will not soon forget.

This wasn’t the worst that was about to take place. Treachery had fallen on all the members of this new and growing guild. The founder had accused The Bulldog King and his some of his friend of trying to take over the guild and had been kicked out of the guild overnight. It was at this point The Bulldog King was called the destroyer of guilds.

The next day when The Bulldog King went to go check on his growing kingdom he found the guild had been completely dissolved. There was much confusion and anger about these accusations. Many stood up for the honorable Bulldog King and wanted revenge on the founder. It was at this time The Bulldog King said he would not attack or take revenge on the founder or members of Reliance.

Than a new leader rose from the now disbanded members. A new guild formed from many of those who left or had been kicked from Reliance. This new guild was known as TJ’s Raiders.

The founder of TJ’s Raiders soon after had started talks with another about a guild merge. So before TJ’s Raiders could ever grow to make a name for it most of the members followed their new founder and joined Zero. And this is where The Bulldog King and his friends currently find themselves. Making new friends both as the guild grows and in the neighborhoods. Also, on the IA map where they have successfully taken and currently hold two sectors small sectors. The taking and holding of these small territories are but a small but important first step for The Bulldog King and his friends in Zero.

Come find us on the IA map, or in your neighborhood. Reach out to our members if you look to trade or want to friend members that may provide mutual support to help grow your city. Maybe even you can be the next member to our growing guild. Who knows maybe even you will want to be part of Zero. But be warned, should you think about glory and plunder you may find a powerful enemy in those members of Zero.

The End…of Part One
Have fun it is only a game. Hope to see some of you in the lands of Dunarsund

DeletedUser

Long long ago a red haired maiden had a dream, whala an she started a city in Langendorn.Her city was thriving an fun, yes was even in # 3 spot.She put people in leadership positions ,thinking if everyone was kept happy guild would thrive even more, oh no we have to donate an worse of all you want to make decisions ,oh no .So the guilds she was warning about have taken control. Now MzJoy has some blonde locks an joined a # 1 guild , who believes in the same values she was trying to establish, Great guild Royal Army, people working together , an having fun.Am so thankful to be here !! Apart from being a bully ( me really ) as a former underachiever sent me , I hope to be an asset to to my new guild.Having no problem donating but will take me a few days to get on my feet an start making my city more productive, after taking care of everyone an having to listen to Wah Wah all the time , Look out MzJoy is growing :laugh:

DeletedUser

The Tale of Gerzerkenferger Crown City

Foe-Crown-City.jpg

Once there came upon the plains a little town called Gerzerkenferger. But the villagers, primitive sorts that they were, could hardly speak such a mouthful, much less remember it. One villager—a moderately clever fellow by the name of Shadesbreath—suggested instead that they call it Crown City, named simply after his hat. "It's right up here," he said to the people, "on my head, in case you forget."

With that stroke of brilliance, they made him king, and soon the rest of the villagers fell to work, setting themselves to hunting and gathering. They put up a theater to amuse themselves, and one thing led to another as more and more people moved into town. They built strong houses and, after a time, they even built a school. Then the villagers really grew smarter and smarter. They got so smart they figured out how to farm, and from the fecund soil didst grow fruits and vegetables in abundance.

Then one day, one particularly well educated fellow fomented the idea of fermentation. The king, long tired of sobriety, thought alcohol a wondrous idea and demanded a tavern erected immediately. Unfortunately, land was always in shortage in Crown City, and there was no place to build the boozy paradise. Then came another stroke of royal genius! "Tear down the school," the king declared. "Rip it right up and build us a drinkery!"

Well straight away the townsfolk went to their cups, and the town itself to the dogs—or more accurately, to the goats. The fruit farms became goat farms, for cheese went better with wine—or at least that is the official story, despite what the blokes who frequented the goat farms on their way home from the taverns said. The next thing you knew, the once fine city was transformed, turned to a debauched goat festival of a most unspeakable variety. The villagers, their appetites as decadent as they were depraved, turned to plundering their neighbors to support their habits. The need for gold to pay tavern tabs and buy, uh, cheese, was high. And so the wars began.

For an age there was nothing but blood and carnage, although the army's uniforms were just lovely thanks to the advent of dye and cloth to make the soldiers match. Everyone thought that was simply splendid.

Eventually, however, into town came a butcher, a pious fellow with a sharp tongue and sharper set of iron knives. By sermon and slice, the appetite for goats was transformed. Unfortunately, that was all that happened, and the transformed appetites had the legionnaires and soldiers eating double-cheese goat burgers between draughts of booze and battle plans. Soon the warriors were fat and slow, and victories on the battlefield turned to staggering defeats, made so by the lumbering slowness of the soldiery and the fact that other cities were gaining newer and better technologies. A motivational malaise set in, and the aging warriors began to let themselves go all the more, hygiene slain and lay dying along with defeated pride. The men cast aside their weapons, peeled off their armor and slipped out of the boots of war.

And good gods above, what a reek ensued. A great fetid cloud of sweaty sock stink churned in the air, a foul union made as it merged with the funk of so many unwashed armpits. The fog of it spread like a malignant storm over beleaguered Crown City, odious to the point of turning a passing band of skunks green with jealousy before suffocating them, dead to the last one.

Immediately the wheezing king called to his council for a remedy. "Cover that smell at once!" he demanded. "Or I shall have your heads." Before His Majesty could say "Just Do It," there were two shoemakers in town. The neighbors would come by and try to motivate the workers, but they could not produce fast enough. So more shoemaking capacity had to be built. It wasn't long before the whole northeast side of town resembled a third-world sweatshop empire the likes of which would not be seen again for another fifteen hundred years.

Soon after, the council of the king's advisors erected a public bath as well. At first, every time the fat soldiers waddled in and slipped into the waters like so many war-scarred walruses, the waters turned brown and bubbled with yellow froth. Oh how the townspeople complained. But after a few weeks, the men were clean and, with the waters transfused from the aqueducts, the bubbles that followed were met mainly with laughter and only a few wrinkled noses.

Once their feet were covered again, and with hygiene once more under control, Crown City soldiers were no longer reviled by the townspeople. The king, wanting to reclaim his lost glory on the battlefield, demanded that the men go on a diet and drop some weight so they might become war-ready again. He went so far as to suggest the town bring back the fruit and vegetable farms. The suggestion nearly cost him the throne. To thwart the usurpation that nearly followed, he offered to train horses to carry his fat warriors into the field, instead. His quick thinking was rewarded right away with powerful heavy cavalry (and when I say "heavy," I mean, like literally heavy, and not because the horses were big, if you know what I'm saying). To this day, his men ride into Middle Age battles singing his war songs as they trample enemies underfoot, charging toward future victories.

Status
Not open for further replies.