• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Summer Event 2017 Feedback

wrwoodman

I greatly enjoyed the Summer 2016 event. This was mostly because I was able to acquire buildings that I had not researched the tech for yet. I loved getting military buildings, SoKs, Premium buildings, and decorations. These were all useful things to me.

So it was with great anticipation that I was looking forward to the summer event this year. Sadly, it is a great disappointment.
  • No military buildings
  • I've yet to see a SoK
  • Set pieces are insanely annoying (too much space for too little reward)
  • No tickets in the bushes around the town
It's not enough to make me quit playing yet but you are doing a great job of pushing me in that direction.

DeletedUser25166

What I find really amazing about the complaints from people here and on

The idea of events is to get some prizes. Some will of course be better than others (Rogue Hideouts, SOK, etc), some will be relatively useless (coins, supplies), and some will fall somewhere in the middle (Lord's Manner, most event

While I do agree that the introduction of Silver and Gold circles is a HORRENDOUS idea because it makes the best prizes much harder to come by, the complaints about the prizes varying in quality is ridiculous.

I buy diamonds precisely once per year for the summer event when there's a ticket bonus. By completing the quests that I have been able to and using the bonus from the diamond purchase I spent a total of 54 tickets today. Based on Algona's math, each player should get around 72 free tickets.

So using only about 2/3rds of the free tickets that a person would earn during the event, I have gathered the entire 10 building set with duplicates of 3 pieces (not to mention the 3 pieces you get from quest completions). And while I've gotten some useless prizes (boosts, coins, and unattached rogues), I've also picked up a Bazaar, an Oasis, and age-upgraded King and Queen among other decent ones.

Getting the set is actually very possible for everyone if you want, so is targeting any specific prize you want n a wheel.

Also this prize set is pretty decent. For a total of 56 squares in contemporary I pick up 238,030 coins, 40905 supplies, 176 medals, 10 goods, 7 forge points, and 6790 happiness.

To equate to other special buildings that would require two oasises (24), seven SOK (28), 12 Victory towers (12), and a supply building. And that doesn't add a single happiness. It is in fact a VERY efficient set despite its remarkable size, better than a comparable combination of the best special buildings that are available, and easily possible to obtain with fewer tickets than are awarded for free during the event.

Complaints are very over-blown on this.
Not a good example. No one in CE has 56 squares laying around. So you have to delete to add.

DeletedUser24347

What a joke of an event. Inno, you managed to screw up the summer event which was one of the most exciting events next to Christmas. 1 grand prize per wheel with limited tickets is just ridiculous. I'm sure Christmas will be nerfed as well.

In the last year you've killed upper era GvG, demolished the summer event, disrupted troop balance, and nerfed rogues (by making them move dead last). Congrats on ruining a great game.

DeletedUser18851

It's amazing how Inno "listens" to players about needing better prizes on the wheel, and instead of just doing it, they VASTLY reduce the probability of getting anything good by REDUCING the amount of good items on the wheel and INCREASING the amount of garbage. Exactly the opposite of what they say they are doing.

DeletedUser

It's amazing how Inno "listens" to players about needing better prizes on the wheel, and instead of just doing it, they VASTLY reduce the probability of getting anything good by REDUCING the amount of good items on the wheel and INCREASING the amount of garbage. Exactly the opposite of what they say they are doing. Shoving a big **** right in our *****. **** you inno.
You do know that you can complain without being offensive, right? I mean, it's not Inno that reads these posts, it's your fellow players. And we are not impressed with your limited vocabulary. At least if you're going to insult someone, show some imagination. Carnac the Magnificent had better insults than this.

DeletedUser18851

You do know that you can complain without being offensive, right? I mean, it's not Inno that reads these posts, it's your fellow players. And we are not impressed with your limited vocabulary. At least if you're going to insult someone, show some imagination. Carnac the Magnificent had better insults than this.

I gave the developers and community of this game years of valuable, insightful feedback. A number of my proposals have been implemented. Check my forum history. After the game started going downhill, I gave them months of valuable, constructive criticism. I was a productive member of this community until the buffoonery at Inno elevated to a level undeserving of even the smallest iota of respect. So... I'll say it again.

DeletedUser

I gave the developers and community of this game years of valuable, insightful feedback. A number of my proposals have been implemented. Check my forum history. After the game started going downhill, I gave them months of valuable, constructive criticism. I was a productive member of this community until the buffoonery at Inno elevated to a level undeserving of even the smallest iota of respect. So... I'll say it again. **** INNO.
I don't care what your game history is. I don't care about your Forum history. I also don't care what you think of Inno. The fact remains that it is your fellow players that read this, not Inno, and your imagination and vocabulary are sadly lacking. If you have reached the point where you don't like the game anymore, just quit and do something else with your time. Why stick around just to slam the gaming company in a manner they won't see or care about anyway?

DeletedUser

it's not Inno that reads these posts
And actually, dude, this is a feedback thread. I know they don't read it - they just provide this so we THINK they are listening... but your point is still invalid.
If you admit (as you just did) that Inno doesn't read this, and my point is that they don't read this...my point is invalid????? Apparently, your logic skills are as poorly developed as your language skills.

DeletedUser28903

YOU CAN DELETE AND REBUILD???!!!! OH MY GAWD!!!!!!!!!! I HAD NO IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! NONE OF US DID!!! You have saved me, my Gameplay and ALL THE REST OF US PLAYERS who are clearly incompetent, retarded and have no hope whatsoever of being the rocket scientist, millennial, company shill, or higher level player you are who knows the basics that the rest of us will never notice - while you also want no company at your own level given the changes since you joined. Thank God you saVed me from my FORGETFULNESS. And thank God the rest of us Players are not ordered by you and the rest of the 4th Reich to play this game by your German Rules (you were nice to the guy about the event timing though - kind'a hard to snip a sentence out of his observation and take it out of context, wasn't it). Again, Inno-boy, McDonalds is hirin'. I'm sure you won't make management, but there are "Fries served with that" in your future. YOU - ARE - HILARIOUS and familiar (perhaps your bosses should find new shills). Perhaps others whom have been trashed by ilk of your like on this forum will now return to speak. I'll bet you and yours hope they don't start. ;-D
Even in LMA, I have neighbors who have not learned to replace their stone and bronze age stuff with better.
They're a lot smarter than previous eras, tho. Most have current cities. In HMA, that was half or so. EMA--cluless, most of them.

Darkbox

This is hilarious. You know you can tear buildings down in order to build new ones, correct? You've been doing this with each new age you've researched, since you started playing the game. Why do event buildings have to come with more space? A big part of the strategy of this game, insofar as city building goes, is making decisions on what's worth having and what's not worth having. If you're complaining that you have no space for event buildings, you clearly want to have them, so take out something else from your city that isn't as good as the event buildings to make room for it...just like when you advance in age and replace your outdated stuff with new stuff. There is no 'extortion' going on here, you're just forgetting one of the big aspects of gameplay.

I believe the point was that the sets are not worth tearing down existing buildings because they do not add much value. When you move to a different age, there is are clear benefits, advantages and motivation to destroy the "old" city.

I personally build those sets but they never last more that a week or two. They might make sense for new-ish players but they have no value past Tomorrow Era and even that is pushing a bit...

DeletedUser28903

The prize wheel does seem disheartening, I guess I just might have to wait until I have all the tickets before I spin. Hate to waste a ticket and get a portrait.
There are always booby prizes in every event. The wise thing to do is enjoy that as part of the fun.
I got a dumb portrait of the opposite sex. And 3 bandar Gardens--being careful now about which wheels I spin.
And an SoK. And I got a victory expansion today from the medals my neighbors won me--I am in a great neighborhood for this event.
I love to whine and complain here. So do many others. But I also love events. I threw away my hedge maze--but it was still fun winning it. This event is going to give me a big boost whether or not I win all the set stuff.

DeletedUser28903

Last year if I saw a wheel with 4x an item I wanted I was prepared to spend money on diamonds in the hope of getting at least 2 or 3 of that particular item. Now with just one shot at it the odds are drastically reduced and therefore the inclination to buy diamonds is also reduced accordingly. Changing the wheel like this is a major error imho, as the saying goes... 'if it 'aint broke don't fix it'
I have seen this complaint a lot. But if you win the prize you want, you can refresh. That refresh gives a lot of control. Also, getting plenty of tickets early gives you lots of time to be choosy about which wheels to spin.

DeletedUser16163

I vote "No". If everyone stopped playing these events which have been getting worse as the years go by. Then maybe just maybe Inno would go back to producing fewer events with prizes that were worth-while. I only completed the first two quest through normal game play. I am done. I will not rip apart my city, change my game play, or advance through an era or province before I am ready to do so. Also, when I do one of those things during an event; it has to be worth it. Keep on trucking sugar-bear. Play your own way and let the rest smell your farts.

DeletedUser26660

I have seen this complaint a lot. But if you win the prize you want, you can refresh. That refresh gives a lot of control. Also, getting plenty of tickets early gives you lots of time to be choosy about which wheels to spin.

If you have seen this complaint a lot it must mean that lots of players all think the same. I cannot agree about the refresh scenario giving control, how can it? Refreshing does not take away the issue that there are not 4 of every reward on the wheel like last year. Also there are less tickets on offer this year than last year, last year there were tickets available outside the city but not this year.

DeletedUser26965

There are always booby prizes in every event. The wise thing to do is enjoy that as part of the fun.
I got a dumb portrait of the opposite sex. And 3 bandar Gardens--being careful now about which wheels I spin.
And an SoK. And I got a victory expansion today from the medals my neighbors won me--I am in a great neighborhood for this event.
I love to whine and complain here. So do many others. But I also love events. I threw away my hedge maze--but it was still fun winning it. This event is going to give me a big boost whether or not I win all the set stuff.
upload_2017-6-29_11-17-26.jpeg

qaccy

It's amazing how Inno "listens" to players about needing better prizes on the wheel, and instead of just doing it, they VASTLY reduce the probability of getting anything good by REDUCING the amount of good items on the wheel and INCREASING the amount of garbage. Exactly the opposite of what they say they are doing. Shoving a big dick right in our asses. Fuck you inno.

Let's see your evidence that the event's actually worse. From people who've actually recorded their results over the course of the event, it sure seems to me like things are at WORST about equal to previous years. Your claims are patently false.

If you have seen this complaint a lot it must mean that lots of players all think the same. I cannot agree about the refresh scenario giving control, how can it? Refreshing does not take away the issue that there are not 4 of every reward on the wheel like last year. Also there are less tickets on offer this year than last year, last year there were tickets available outside the city but not this year.

And the year before that there weren't tickets in the wilderness nor were there tickets on the Town Hall. You're still able to get plenty of tickets if you play through the whole event, as Ylisaveta pointed out previously in this thread.

DeletedUser13942

Forgive me my irritation. But, I beleive the point of this thread is feedback. In short, that means you give your views on the event because allegedly, Inno wants to know. If you do not agree with someone's feedback, then tough sh**, shut up, move on. Attempting to negate or argue away their opinion is not the purpose of this thread. I honestly don't care if you feel the need to "White Knight" or "Perma-bash" just state your opinion and go away.
If you cannot respect other people's opinions, perhaps you should move to the middle ages and see how that turned out.
The constant argument detracts from the quality of the feedback and likely is why many beleive Inno doesn't read this stuff. If you have more than 1 post on this thread, or 2 for clarification of your first post, then YES I MEAN YOU

DeletedUser27889

Forgive me my irritation. But, I beleive the point of this thread is feedback. In short, that means you give your views on the event because allegedly, Inno wants to know. If you do not agree with someone's feedback, then tough sh**, shut up, move on. Attempting to negate or argue away their opinion is not the purpose of this thread. I honestly don't care if you feel the need to "White Knight" or "Perma-bash" just state your opinion and go away.
If you cannot respect other people's opinions, perhaps you should move to the middle ages and see how that turned out.
The constant argument detracts from the quality of the feedback and likely is why many beleive Inno doesn't read this stuff. If you have more than 1 post on this thread, or 2 for clarification of your first post, then YES I MEAN YOU
I really like your post, I don't enjoy how every thread seems to turn into 20 pages of back and forth debate myself, especially feedback threads. And yes I 100% understand the irony of posting a non-feedback debate l just felt the need to point out:
If you'd like to discuss the event with other players, please use this discussion thread for your comments and suggestions.
Though Panacea named this topic feedback the wording of the post, and the link to it in the announcement pages specifically said 'discuss' instead of feedback. I took this to mean "We're free to talk amongst ourselves all we want but we're not even going to bother pretending that this is for feedback which will be sent up the chain anymore"