• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

What would you like in a hypothetical FoE 2

Just An Observer

We already have INNO offering a sequel with Tribal Wars 2. That sets a precedent for FoE 2. Here is how I would do it:

Greeks vs Persians: Play either side! It begins with the conflicts between Greek city states and the founding of the Persian Empire. These two are on a collision course! The timeline ends when the Macedonians under Alexander The Great go all the way to India or do they? How this era unfolds is up to you!

Roman Empire: Begin with the fight to establish Rome vs the Etruscans. Take either side. Then move forward to another two way split between the Roman Republic and Carthage. Once again you can have your choice of sides. Then comes the building of the Empire! Gaul, Germania, Iberia, Britain and Palestine each offer a chance for a side to take to see if you can stop Rome or you can see if you can do better than the Romans did from Julius Caesar onwards. End the timeline with the wars with Parthia and barbarian invasions.

Caliphate! The massive expansion of Islam into Asia, Africa and Europe gets explored. Take the Crescent as far as you can or if you like, be Charles Martel at the Battle of Tours or face down the Ottomans at the gates of Vienna as the final piece of this timeline.

Mongols On The Rise! Unify the tribes of Mongolia and see if you can beat the Chinese Empire before surging into Europe and the rest of Asia. Are you going to run the Golden Horde or be one who tries to stop it?

Time Of The Conquistadors: Spain won the Battle of Granada in 1491 to end the last Moslem holding on the Iberian peninsula. They were broke. The king of Aragon and the queen of Castile married to form the nation of Spain. Next door to them was the Kingdom of Portugal, who was exploring via the coastal voyages around Africa, south Asia and the south Pacific to set up spice trading. You get to choose between being a conqueror or a trader. This timeline ends with the Spanish Armada's sailing and whatever results you get from it.

The British Empire was the largest ever in history. At one time it had 25% of the land area of our planet and the best navy around to ensure that connections to every part of the world remained secure. The opponents are many over the course of the centuries. This ensures plenty of variety for those looking to stop the growth of the British as well as plenty of time periods from the 16th to the 20th century so one can play with lots of different technologies. Face off against the Russian Empire in the Great Game, face revolutions in North America, India and Africa, fight Napoleon, raid the Spanish and take their gold, stop the Danes and Dutch challenges at sea, then end it all with WW2, which when combined with the Great War, left this empire severely weakened.

Cold War! Soviets, Americans, Chinese. NATO and a whole host of smaller nations set up a chance to see if you can lead your side to prevail while avoiding a nuclear extermination.

Galactic Empires begins with humans getting the Solar System set up to provide resources for interstellar exploration. What do the humans find? A host of different life forms, each one of which provides its own challenges in the military, diplomatic and cultural realms. Maybe you want to be the aliens and that lets you choose what kind of life form and its motives to work with.

For the final chapter we move to the higher order of dimensions, which we can call "the other side". War In Heaven or is it really a heaven? This is a conflict to determine the principles which guide the entirety of creation. Will it be chaos dynamics or do we see the emergence of total coherence? This can be the most open ended setup of all. There will be plenty of rewards and pitfalls going either way. What does Everything In Existence look like after you had your chance to run the whole shebang?

We already have INNO offering a sequel with Tribal Wars 2. That sets a precedent for FoE 2. Here is how I would do it:

Greeks vs Persians: Play either side! It begins with the conflicts between Greek city states and the founding of the Persian Empire. These two are on a collision course! The timeline ends when the Macedonians under Alexander The Great go all the way to India or do they? How this era unfolds is up to you!

Roman Empire: Begin with the fight to establish Rome vs the Etruscans. Take either side. Then move forward to another two way split between the Roman Republic and Carthage. Once again you can have your choice of sides. Then comes the building of the Empire! Gaul, Germania, Iberia, Britain and Palestine each offer a chance for a side to take to see if you can stop Rome or you can see if you can do better than the Romans did from Julius Caesar onwards. End the timeline with the wars with Parthia and barbarian invasions.

Caliphate! The massive expansion of Islam into Asia, Africa and Europe gets explored. Take the Crescent as far as you can or if you like, be Charles Martel at the Battle of Tours or face down the Ottomans at the gates of Vienna as the final piece of this timeline.

Mongols On The Rise! Unify the tribes of Mongolia and see if you can beat the Chinese Empire before surging into Europe and the rest of Asia. Are you going to run the Golden Horde or be one who tries to stop it?

Time Of The Conquistadors: Spain won the Battle of Granada in 1491 to end the last Moslem holding on the Iberian peninsula. They were broke. The king of Aragon and the queen of Castile married to form the nation of Spain. Next door to them was the Kingdom of Portugal, who was exploring via the coastal voyages around Africa, south Asia and the south Pacific to set up spice trading. You get to choose between being a conqueror or a trader. This timeline ends with the Spanish Armada's sailing and whatever results you get from it.

The British Empire was the largest ever in history. At one time it had 25% of the land area of our planet and the best navy around to ensure that connections to every part of the world remained secure. The opponents are many over the course of the centuries. This ensures plenty of variety for those looking to stop the growth of the British as well as plenty of time periods from the 16th to the 20th century so one can play with lots of different technologies. Face off against the Russian Empire in the Great Game, face revolutions in North America, India and Africa, fight Napoleon, raid the Spanish and take their gold, stop the Danes and Dutch challenges at sea, then end it all with WW2, which when combined with the Great War, left this empire severely weakened.

Cold War! Soviets, Americans, Chinese. NATO and a whole host of smaller nations set up a chance to see if you can lead your side to prevail while avoiding a nuclear extermination.

Galactic Empires begins with humans getting the Solar System set up to provide resources for interstellar exploration. What do the humans find? A host of different life forms, each one of which provides its own challenges in the military, diplomatic and cultural realms. Maybe you want to be the aliens and that lets you choose what kind of life form and its motives to work with.

For the final chapter we move to the higher order of dimensions, which we can call "the other side". War In Heaven or is it really a heaven? This is a conflict to determine the principles which guide the entirety of creation. Will it be chaos dynamics or do we see the emergence of total coherence? This can be the most open ended setup of all. There will be plenty of rewards and pitfalls going either way. What does Everything In Existence look like after you had your chance to run the whole shebang?
wow that takes A lot of time and reserh RESPECT

Lorendar

The main advantage to a 2.0 that I can think of is that it is usually a complete code rework, which means most of that stuff would get fixed.

As to who can dump fp into your great buildings, that should never change. It is fine as it was designed.

It's fine if you're the one dumping points into someone else's city with no regards as to how it affects what the OWNER of the city is wanting to accomplish. If it's my city, I say what goes, not some greedy, self-serving, sniping FP grabber.

Emberguard

It's fine if you're the one dumping points into someone else's city with no regards as to how it affects what the OWNER of the city is wanting to accomplish. If it's my city, I say what goes, not some greedy, self-serving, sniping FP grabber.
The contribution reward isn't for the Owner though. Its entire purpose is to encourage outsiders to contribute without solicitation. It's players that worked out to leverage that reward to the Owners advantage. That's fine, Players have worked out a pretty efficient system around that. But the reward belongs to whoever gets there first regardless of whatever deal you've made. Some players will work with you, others will be an opponent

Graviton

It is your city, which means if you're getting sniped it's your own fault for not properly handling your GBs.

texanwolf999

That's a lot of activity on a mounth old post lol.
Just play Age of Empires or Civilization if you aren't satisfied with this game...
I life FoE through. And I am not saying I am unsatisfied, this is just for fun, a pure hypothetical

Pretty great idea, if time consuming. That opens plenty of ways for assymetric gameplay. Different "versions" have different units with different advantages, you need corresponding goods for different gbs. Like if you chose Britain in Colonial but want to build St. Basil you need to trade with a player that chose Russia for Russian goods to build it
So this is the new thread where everything is suggested and re-suggested ad nauseum ? This is why they just used to delete random suggestions a month ago on here. I want more , I want to do less , I want to get bigger rewards for doing the same thing. There I boiled it all down so you don't have to.
Thank you for not reading the post at all yet still postining

Kranyar the Mysterious

If that's how you feel then you are playing the wrong game, since the developers designed it differently than the way you want it, and most everyone else is happy with the way it is.

I am not saying it will, or should come any time soon. However, if Forge of Empires sequel was announced, what would you want in it?
Also I kow about Rise of Culture, but it's mobile only and isn't a true sequel
For me, it's the following
1. Similiar artstyle. Going back to RoC, style is overly cartooney. It's not a deal breaker, but in a FoE 2 I'd like the current artstyle, maybe with a bit higher resolution
2. Break up ages. Some ages represent too long of a time frame and thus became a clash of time periods and themes. Bronze age is the worst offender, covering everything from Neolithic to Helenic Civilisation under one umbrella. It could have been easily split into several distinct ages. Same goes for quite a few other ages like colonial, iron, progressive and industrial
3. More in-depth combat. Bigger maps, more abilities, different units of same type, different combat types lik naval, buffs to only specific unit types, etc.
4. This is pretty small, but I find the idea of needing old goods in late ages amusing.
5. Bigger map and buildings. Allows for more intresting combinations while buildings look less squished
6. Colonies/allied cultures. Especially in earlier ages. Preferably ones you don't have to abandon and give stuff like special units and special goods
7. Servers with diffferent rules like no events or gbs
8. This one is more "out there" but an alternative to great buildings might be natural wonders. Coexisting, but with slightly different mechanics.
Thoughts?
Again, this is just for fun
lets turn this back into what it is suposed to be

Lorendar

It is your city, which means if you're getting sniped it's your own fault for not properly handling your GBs.
And I'm sure by your comment you're one of those bottom feeding snipers. Inno doesn't give use enough control over our cities. If they did, players like you wouldn't be able to do what you do.

Lorendar

If that's how you feel then you are playing the wrong game, since the developers designed it differently than the way you want it, and most everyone else is happy with the way it is.
And who's to say this is how the developers designed it? Look at how they supposedly set up GVG and the dismal failure it is.

RazorbackPirate

And I'm sure by your comment you're one of those bottom feeding snipers. Inno doesn't give use enough control over our cities. If they did, players like you wouldn't be able to do what you do.
Interesting how someone disagreeing with you instantly becomes the person you hate. Maybe they just disagree?
If it's my city, I say what goes, not some greedy, self-serving, sniping FP grabber.
So your self-serving greed trumps their self-serving greed because it's your city? The lack of self awareness in these posts is stunning.

Last edited:
I am not saying it will, or should come any time soon. However, if Forge of Empires sequel was announced, what would you want in it?
Also I kow about Rise of Culture, but it's mobile only and isn't a true sequel
For me, it's the following
1. Similiar artstyle. Going back to RoC, style is overly cartooney. It's not a deal breaker, but in a FoE 2 I'd like the current artstyle, maybe with a bit higher resolution
2. Break up ages. Some ages represent too long of a time frame and thus became a clash of time periods and themes. Bronze age is the worst offender, covering everything from Neolithic to Helenic Civilisation under one umbrella. It could have been easily split into several distinct ages. Same goes for quite a few other ages like colonial, iron, progressive and industrial
3. More in-depth combat. Bigger maps, more abilities, different units of same type, different combat types lik naval, buffs to only specific unit types, etc.
4. This is pretty small, but I find the idea of needing old goods in late ages amusing.
5. Bigger map and buildings. Allows for more intresting combinations while buildings look less squished
6. Colonies/allied cultures. Especially in earlier ages. Preferably ones you don't have to abandon and give stuff like special units and special goods
7. Servers with diffferent rules like no events or gbs
8. This one is more "out there" but an alternative to great buildings might be natural wonders. Coexisting, but with slightly different mechanics.
Thoughts?
Again, this is just for fun
no really this is not what this chat is soposed to be it is not labbeled complain about snipping and other complaints

Ebeondi Asi

GvG players really enjoy playing Gvg.Just sayin.
As for sniping? i do not snipe But I am 100% all good for those who do snipe. And it is 100% true getting sniped is 100% the fault of the Gb owner. The only time I get sniped is when i make a mistake. 100%.
it has been a strong part of the game for near forever, Ditto plundering. (I do not plunder either)
If players can't mange to play Foe and whine all the time how unfair others are to you in Foe, . try some other game more suited to your lifestyle.. Like Chutes and Ladders ... Or Hungry Hippo.
So GvG and sniping and plundering features should definitely be in a new version. !!!!

Sharmon the Impaler

Then go buy a standalone game and you won’t be bothered by other people wanting to play the game too. Did you not read what the game is about or do you normally complain about a game that has a decade in and thousands of long term players but for some reason wasn’t designed with you in mind ? May I suggest that you read up on the mechanics of the game before you complain next about no Pokémon in it.