• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

When can we stop pretending GBG is balanced?

CaptainKirk1234

Captain Kirk: It sounded like you are saying that the game being non-competitive is like life, so deal with it. That is like saying your broke down car is like walking, so deal with it.

The entire reason we invented cars is so we could go a lot faster than walking.

The entire reason we invented and play games is so they will be competitive for all participants, not like life, which is very unfair for many people.
Just the opposite, I am saying that like in life there are some thing you just have to deal with. And life is competitive, and the game can also be unfair to people,

It's certainly true that the chest rewards are better in diamond, even if you come in last. But who is doing GBG for the chest rewards?

It isn't always true that you are getting better personal rewards.

Sure, 10 FPs is better than 7. And 25 diamonds is better than 20. But which is better: 500 chances to earn 7 FP, or 50 chances to earn 10 FP?
I tend to earn more rewards when we are in Platinum or the very bottom of Diamond. Hitting 1,000 usually means take a season off. Watch the big boys play checkers and grab whatever meager rewards you can as they run past the front porch. Not complaining about it, but "Your in DIAMOND!!!" is not always a good thing.

I agree totally. My guild of 28 members totally kicks butt in platinum. But when we get to Diamond we face guilds of 60-80 members and end up having to sit out. If Inno would take into account the guild size when creating the match-ups it would make the whole thing more equitable. Or perhaps set the bar higher before advancing to Diamond?

JoyfulRider

Good Question.

Answer: Today, Just now stopped pretending it.

Are you still pretending it, please don't do that. It will make you lose your precious time very much.

Special Note:
If you feel like pretending it any day, read the answer above.

Happy forging!!

Last edited:

Fishercat.

It's not Battlegrounds any more, it's farmgrounds. Inno didn't intend for all of this map gridding when they made GbG, so how do they solve the new problem of guilds not competing against each other and instead farming rewards alongside each other?So in conclusion, @Helmet Bro , don't be surprised that inno does this. They are trying to reverse the farming and bring the battle back to battlegrounds. Because right now, victory points are taking backseat to rewards and farming. Thats my 2 cents :)

FoE has a lot of features that encourage cooperation and community building. There are enough that I've theorized that cooperation among players and guilds is a continuing guiding principle of their design team. Much like the lesson of Civilization (the board game) is that war is a losing proposition. Perhaps the farming economics of GbG is intentional, and not a mistake.

JoyfulRider

oops....@fishercat, myself surprised to see you for replying a 5 months old comment in this thread. (Also, myself not replying to you).

Encourage, unfair, imbalance, guiding, mistake and so many things,

It will finally come into the following variants:
1) people wants some changes in GBG according to their favour.
2) people doesn't want changes in GBG, since it has already going in their favour.

Everyone has to decide which variant they are now. If anyone falls under 1st variant, please adapt yourself to become 2nd variant. Also, in the game, everyone must have faced the 1st variant and now they should be or expecting to be in 2nd variant.

That's the game design.

Now if they change the GBG to make support for newbies or medium level persons to Play GBG without any trouble with High-Low mix guild, then older players who fought for many years in GBG to gain the strength, what will be the answer to them. It should be like,
"Sorry guys, you played the game in the wrong time". Is it acceptable? Just think, does it make any sense to do change in GBG, where everyone have a fair chance to become stronger slowly (for 2nd variant).

FINAL ANSWER:
NO ONE IS PRETENDING. IF ANYONE DOES STILL, THEY JUST DO IT TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE (INCLUDING MYSELF WHILE TYPING THIS MESSAGE).

Tony 85 the Generous

FINAL ANSWER:
NO ONE IS PRETENDING. IF ANYONE DOES STILL, THEY JUST DO IT TO KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE (INCLUDING MYSELF WHILE TYPING THIS MESSAGE).
I'm not pretending. Never has. GBG isn't balanced. The league points system to group guilds for a season is flawed. I'm not pretending it isn't.

Lord Pest

Good Question.

Answer: Today, Just now stopped pretending it.

Are you still pretending it, please don't do that. It will make you lose your precious time very much.

Special Note:
If you feel like pretending it any day, read the answer above.

Happy forging!!
Thank you for saying this... will this thread never die? If I was a moderator the first thing I’d do is lock this thread.

Wildelk68

The real problems with GBG are 2 or more of the more powerful guilds in a particular league teaming together and controlling all the sectors by rotating them every 4 hours between themselves! This could easily be equalized by limiting the number of sectors any one guild could hold at one time. Second the reduction of building slots didnot make much difference in my opinion and probably cost INNO some diamonds in the process and lastly 11 days is just too darn long a season. Reduce it to 7 or 8 days give players a break to build up some troops and guilds a chance to renew goods! You might find more interest in GBG!

Algona

If I was a moderator the first thing I’d do is lock this thread.

I think one live thread about GBG is prolly better then what would occur otherwise: a new thread on GBG every time a player wanted to kvetch about GBG.

We get that now with plundering, complete with the person complaining about plundering noting they didn't find any other threads about plundering.

It's a lot easier to tell someone to read this thread to see how their 'great new insights' into GBG have already been addressed repeatedly then to try to explain in each new thread that, no, really, the GBG horse is not just dead but disintegrated.

Wildelk68

If the powers that be banned whining. there would be only a tiny fraction of posts there are now. If I owned Inno. I would send all whining to some sort of dump, a cesspool for Whiners. LOL
Whiner's Woad would be a good name for it.
Sounds like you are a member of the cancel culture! This is a forum where opinions and complaints can be aired! Even whiners have a voice! If that bothers you then don't follow this forum!

Fishercat.

Sounds like you are a member of the cancel culture! This is a forum where opinions and complaints can be aired! Even whiners have a voice! If that bothers you then don't follow this forum!
Whiners do have a voice. But it's not a binary choice between tolerating kvetching and participating in a community that interests you. If you think someone adds more noise than signal, it's easy enough to hit "ignore."