• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

WINTER 2017 Feedback

DeletedUser

What kind of malarky is this? Racists innuendos is not kosher on a game thread. We should strive to communicate as adults. I dont know what planet you are on, but you need to exhale and rejoin earth. You sound like some stoned out teenager.
Oh, good grief! His avatar is Columbo! Are you too young to get it? His post is a spot on homage to Columbo's shtick! Google it. It was marvelous!

Freshmeboy

Yeah, that might be a little out of the demographic for this game...But Mr. Longshanks is correct...Brilliant...

Freshmeboy

I'm disappointed in this years' winter event....the shuffle is faster than last year- almost impossible to nail down the location of the daily prize and with that many pieces I don't see any way to get the whole set without diamond usage. The minimum should have been winning four pieces of the set through quests with a fifth needed to gather a four building bonus...at this rate I doubt I will even get four. People complain about event quests being difficult, scouting and province demands, etc. but this boondoggle has an event building completely unworthy of province, tech or scout simply because the average non cash playing Joe can't win it without an inordinate amount of luck. Even the cash players will get sticker shock at the diamond prices on this one. This is NOT an event for the majority of the gaming population..Damn it INNO, you blew this one...

DeletedUser27889

I'm disappointed in this years' winter event....the shuffle is faster than last year- almost impossible to nail down the location of the daily prize and with that many pieces I don't see any way to get the whole set without diamond usage. The minimum should have been winning four pieces of the set through quests with a fifth needed to gather a four building bonus...at this rate I doubt I will even get four. People complain about event quests being difficult, scouting and province demands, etc. but this boondoggle has an event building completely unworthy of province, tech or scout simply because the average non cash playing Joe can't win it without an inordinate amount of luck. Even the cash players will get sticker shock at the diamond prices on this one. This is NOT an event for the majority of the gaming population..Damn it INNO, you blew this one...
The shuffle is just an animation and does not determine the final placement of the prize. I cannot remember if it was someone on beta or on live but they did an experiment where they used a high speed camera at their monitor, slowed down the playback and selected the present where the prize was last shown. This never resulted in them getting the prize.

It would just be too simple for anyone to screen capture the shuffle and slow it down for them to show where the actual present ends up.

Freshmeboy

Interesting Manda...last year I wasn't trying to watch the PRIZE, I was watching the rectangle itself and focusing on one part of the screen before it turns to wrapped presents..this gave me the location within six presents and I did extremely well. Don't think that will happen this year and with nine pieces to the set, it still remains an incredibly difficult task to achieve without diamond usage. My opinion remains that INNO conducted intimate liaisons with the proverbial canine on this one...

Algona

I'm not surprised at the curve ball of higher Diamond prices. Tease with a low price and get the customers thinking about the product and then have a higher price when the profuct rolls out. Not Bait and Switch, just classic Marketing 101.

Get the second for Free! Just pay a separate fee....

Last edited:

DeletedUser32009

Oh. Um, just one more thing, sir...

Can we please have the Large as well as the Extra Large Medals Packages returned to these events as prizes?

I don't mean to be pushy, of course, but my wife, she really loves those things and we were talking about it before going to bed the other night and she, well, she got mad, and I didn't get any and then the dog started throwing up on the carpet - You know we'd just replaced that carpet - I'm - I'm sure you get the gist of it, sir. And I don't want to take up anymore of your time. Just please see the officer on the way out. - OH, OFFICER! This gentleman can have his car keys back now.

And I'm VERY sorry about the Taser earlier, sir. You know, we have to secure the scene upon arrival. It's just procedure, sir. I'm sure you want to get home and change that underwear. Just for now please try not to leave town and keep that chimpanzee where the officers can see him until they get the genital cuff back on him. Oh, and if I may, Detective Kant Zee over there has a son - owns a great dry cleaning business - I'm sure they can get that blood out of your toupee - not sure about the entrails on that tie, though. That's a shame – that’s a NICE tie. SAY those are NICE CUFF LINKS. Are those by any chance imported? Never mind, sir, I digress. Anyway, just ask the short Asian Gentlemen over there with the Camera next to the midget dusting for prints under the piano. I'm sure his son can save that hair piece. He does wonderful work, he really does. But, I've taken up enough of your time.

Just please see what you can do about the Large and Extra Large Medals Packages. I hate to press that, but my Boss, he's a stickler for detail and this week, well his hemorrhoids have flared up again and he's not really the easiest man to work for in the first place - but I'm sure you've been there , sir. You don't look like you've missed many meals. But have a nice day, sir and we'll be in touch if we have any more questions. Thank you, sir. Thank you very much.

OH JUST ONE MORE THING, sir...

DeletedUser32009

Oh. Um, just one more thing, sir...

Can we please have the Large as well as the Extra Large Medals Packages returned to these events as prizes?

I don't mean to be pushy, of course, but my wife, she really loves those things and we were talking about it before going to bed the other night and she, well, she got mad, and I didn't get any and then the dog started throwing up on the carpet - You know we'd just replaced that carpet - I'm - I'm sure you get the gist of it, sir. And I don't want to take up anymore of your time. Just please see the officer on the way out. - OH, OFFICER! This gentleman can have his car keys back now.

And I'm VERY sorry about the Taser earlier, sir. You know, we have to secure the scene upon arrival. It's just procedure, sir. I'm sure you want to get home and change that underwear. Just for now please try not to leave town and keep that chimpanzee where the officers can see him until they get the genital cuff back on him. Oh, and if I may, Detective Kant Zee over there has a son - owns a great dry cleaning business - I'm sure they can get that blood out of your toupee - not sure about the entrails on that tie, though. That's a shame – that’s a NICE tie. SAY those are NICE CUFF LINKS. Are those by any chance imported? Never mind, sir, I digress. Anyway, just ask the short Asian Gentlemen over there with the Camera next to the midget dusting for prints under the piano. I'm sure his son can save that hair piece. He does wonderful work, he really does. But, I've taken up enough of your time.

Just please see what you can do about the Large and Extra Large Medals Packages. I hate to press that, but my Boss, he's a stickler for detail and this week, well his hemorrhoids have flared up again and he's not really the easiest man to work for in the first place - but I'm sure you've been there , sir. You don't look like you've missed many meals. But have a nice day, sir and we'll be in touch if we have any more questions. Thank you, sir. Thank you very much.

OH JUST ONE MORE THING, sir...

I apologize to this poster for my comment earlier.. I did become overly sensitive to a few of the comments in the post, and refused to see it as a whole. I saw the "short asian gentleman with the camera" and went ballistic. I missed the Columbo style. I hope there will be no lingering ill will, as I do humbly apologize.
Regards,
Airlyn

DeletedUser27023

I knew when I saw the number of buildings and the method for earning stars, I wasn’t going to try for the set at all. I’ll be much more satisfied just getting a Reno Kit, SoK, etc. they could have been a little more generous and put Christmas trees around our city to earn a couple more points. Weak.

DeletedUser

I apologize to this poster for my comment earlier.. I did become overly sensitive to a few of the comments in the post, and refused to see it as a whole. I saw the "short asian gentleman with the camera" and went ballistic. I missed the Columbo style. I hope there will be no lingering ill will, as I do humbly apologize.
Regards,
Airlyn
And I should apologize for being so aghast at your post. We all get to looking at the trees sometimes and miss the forest. No worries going forward from me. :)

DeletedUser24873

Is anyone having issues with Flash crashing when it snows?

DeletedUser27023

One Reno Kit $12
SoK ?

I can’t wait to see what they ask for the SoK. $25?

I’m probably one of the dummies that will buy them because my luck is so bad I suspect I won’t win any. Let me ask this. If you had 10k diamonds you had to spend on this event and you needed SoKs, would you:

A) Buy stars and try to win SoKs by picking presents

B) Buy the SoKs outright the following day

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

Artemis, I would buy the stars....Mainly because you would get other prizes as well. That shuffle present is the booby trap; hit it out of the gate without an SoK and you are screwed. Essentially you get more than 25 shots at it for the cost of an SoK early on (unless the prices change). Just a better value by the numbers. Good luck

DeletedUser32009

Artemis, I would buy the stars....Mainly because you would get other prizes as well. That shuffle present is the booby trap; hit it out of the gate without an SoK and you are screwed. Essentially you get more than 25 shots at it for the cost of an SoK early on (unless the prices change). Just a better value by the numbers. Good luck
I wanted the rogue hide out today. I hit that dang reshuffle 3 times, ugh!~