• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaccy

@Cassaundrea I do hope that nobody playing is spending more than they can afford on non-essential things like gaming. Hopefully anyone who spends isn't choosing between rent/groceries or buying diamonds, and rather simply has extra money that they decide is worth using on the game. That's quite different than the choice you were describing!

DeletedUser8420

Speaking of feeling sorry, if spending $50 on a game means you wouldn't eat for 2 weeks, you may want to ditch the game and use that time to earn some income.

I haven't been able to work since my cancer diagnosis (surgery, chemo and radiation treatments) ....wish I could...but can't...and although I worked for YEARS doing 2 jobs at a time, my disability is enough to squeak by but not much more then that.

RazorbackPirate

I haven't been able to work since my cancer diagnosis (surgery, chemo and radiation treatments) ....wish I could...but can't...and although I worked for YEARS doing 2 jobs at a time, my disability is enough to squeak by but not much more then that.
I hope you recover soon and can return to a full life.

-Myth-

Aside from the shuffle not being improved upon as suggested in Beta, I like this Winter Event.
I love trains! And, I love listening to the chug and whislte sounds while I'm trying to get goodies =D

DeletedUser40061

theres just one small pet peeve in this game...while playing on my main city, i expected to find more fp after uncovering one tile in train game. but i got only 2 fp. i can understand getting 2 fp in my other cities that arent in a more advanced age stage but in main city iam in CA and expected more. but thats how they setup this event to play out. just wanted to get it off the chest.

DeletedUser43221

I agree that requiring almost 3k diamonds to get the reindeer collection is a rip off. I assumed that once you gathered all 9 reindeer, you could claim them all.
..that sucks, not gonna do is a rip off.

DeletedUser40996

I agree that requiring almost 3k diamonds to get the reindeer collection is a rip off. I assumed that once you gathered all 9 reindeer, you could claim them all.
..that sucks, not gonna do is a rip off.
Then don't buy it . you don't have to spend the 3k to complete the event but if you want the extra goodies they aren't free.

DeletedUser30312

Do I think it's more than it's worth? Yes.

Did it bother me at first? Yes, but then when one considers that the package tends to be the same stuff that people who drop diamonds during events usually get dumped into their inventory, it doesn't really bother me too much. I think over the long run, it's be the same sort of stuff they'd have picked up from diamond spending anyway, and so it doesn't really change the outcome.

12/14/19

I can barely maintain minimum levels of goods to participate in either: 1) Event goods gathering or trading, (i.e. 220 or 110, etc.), 2) Expeditions, or 3) Daily Quests, but NOT ALL THREE. And I often need Expeditions to earn extra goods or coins, etc. for the other things, although the returns are a grab bag.

I attempted to play in the Guild Battleground, but that takes up too many goods. (Are we not supposed to use the Guild Treasury for Guild Battles? I thought that was the reason we are required to donate so much.) [* I have not been able to find reference to where guild treasury goods are used... An answer would be appreciated!]

I’m almost cleaned out of goods, and trades are getting scarce.
So if you want to know how the Winter Event is going for me, I’m limping along, trying to “gather goods” without just making random trades. I’m almost relying on incidents and my great buildings to replenish my goods. If you could ease up on the “Goods Gathering,” that would make the whole game more fun!

Gridley

In Beta each of the cars on the Winter Train only came up twice as Daily Specials. Does the current spacing mean they will come up three times each?

I really hope so; I'd like to have a chance to use that 70 Star bonus on Sleeping Cars!

Overall I'm unimpressed with the game mechanic of the "presents" minigame and based on what I've seen there's really no chance of my spending diamonds on the reindeer. However I like the Winter Train. I do suggest that the train itself be more "linked" in future; perhaps allow a single renovation kit to update the whole thing.

DeletedUser

12/14/19
I can barely maintain minimum levels of goods to participate in either: 1) Event goods gathering or trading, (i.e. 220 or 110, etc.), 2) Expeditions, or 3) Daily Quests, but NOT ALL THREE.
Possibly you have advanced a bit too fast; without enough time to build up tech, supplies, experience, etc? You could do a search on the fourm to find some of the avalable guides written for players wishing to pursue more of a trader or farmer, instead of fighter, playing style.

qaccy

@Gridley While it's unlikely that any special exceptions would be made for the train regarding renovation kits, goods production (and attack bonus for the Charcoal Express) is the only notable thing affected by age so it's not terribly important anyway.

RapidWaffle34851

I enjoyed the event up until you only get one quest a day. Now, I'm lucky if I can get 1 or 2 presents a day based on if I get any stars from incidents, thus lowering the chance of getting the main daily gift. One quest a day when you're trying to get a main prize just saps the fun right out of the whole thing.

I do like the train though, but one quest a day is too slow.

DeletedUser40996

I enjoyed the event up until you only get one quest a day. Now, I'm lucky if I can get 1 or 2 presents a day based on if I get any stars from incidents, thus lowering the chance of getting the main daily gift. One quest a day when you're trying to get a main prize just saps the fun right out of the whole thing.

I do like the train though, but one quest a day is too slow.
So what do you suggest . let players do all 70 Quests as rush quests and then nothing after that

Status
Not open for further replies.