• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2019 Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser40996

But there is still a diamond option if you want to stay in BA. It doesn't matter if you complete all the quests, right? If you hit a hard stop with quest 65, then you are going to miss out on 60 stars and the last train upgrade. The real goal isn't to complete all the quests, right? It's to get the train to level 9 isn't it? I assume you can't do that if you are 60 stars and an upgrade short...unless you spend some diamonds to buy the stars (or you have been exceptionally lucky with your tickets, I suppose).

Or, you just end up with a level 8 train. There are worse things you can have in a BA city.

But I do agree with you, there shouldn't be hard stops like that. It should be difficult, but not impossible.
Exactly . I finished the Halloween event in a BA city . I'd be super pissed if I busted my hump for most of the event just to get blocked like that .

It’s not impossible ... GE runs through Sunday.

Not to mention you cannot lose Encounters 1,2,3,5, and 6 in three turns unless you try to. Plus, encounters 1 and 2 only require Coins and Supplies, and any Goods required for encounters 3-6 only require 1 per turn.

Stop making up reasons you cannot, and figure out how easily you actually can.

Except you can't do that weeks GE if you age up AFTER 8AM on Tuesday . The quest isn't going to affect me as I don't currently have a BA city but I'm sure there's plenty of others out there that do (for whatever their reason)

DeletedUser36572

Except you can't do that weeks GE if you age up AFTER 8AM on Tuesday . The quest isn't going to affect me as I don't currently have a BA city but I'm sure there's plenty of others out there that do (for whatever their reason)

True that ... And like I mentioned ... If someone in BA wants what the last few quests provide, they can always spend diamonds and get the same opportunities.

Perhaps you are upset it’s not easier to get the same thing a different way ... Or that they may not get the Finished Winter Event Badge on their Profile Page.

And on top of that ... I had a city in Bronze Age last Winter Event that didn’t come close to getting all the upgrades the Winter Spire required ... But once I figured out I should save my Stars, I was happy to get 2 Sleigh Builders and a pantload of Shrines of Knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40996

Perhaps you are upset it’s not easier to get the same thing a different way ... Or that you may not get the Finished Winter Event Badge on your Profile Page.

Nope Badge is Guarenteed as I'm not in BA on any city . Have no issue either with having to do GE as I'll start on the day of the Quest that week (since I've already got the entire questline on paper for reference) . This just happens to be a case of possible innogames oversight which would be shutting out BA players from getting the train unless they want to open the wallet

DeletedUser36572

Nope Badge is Guarenteed as I'm not in BA on any city . Have no issue either with having to do GE as I'll start on the day of the Quest that week (since I've already got the entire questline on paper for reference) . This just happens to be a case of possible innogames oversight which would be shutting out BA players from getting the train unless they want to open the wallet

You know ... The Sleigh Builders I got last Winter Event went a good ways towards providing me with the Goods I needed to complete GE regularly when my city moved to Iron Age.

I won’t try to say they were better than the Winter Spire if it had been fully upgraded ... But the ability to complete GE, with an added Temple of Relics, did far more towards providing for my city with valuable resources than one may think.

Especially early on ... When Negotiating with Goods can provide better results than trying to fight your way through it with no attack bonuses.

DeletedUser41065

Oh, damn I just read the previous comments, I have a BA city that I'm working to complete the quest chain, The question here becomes how to Jump the age and manage to complete the rest of the quests.
Any ideas?

Looking at the quests, If you jump to IA before the Next GE should be doable with guild help, only 6 quests will have to be completed in IA, and the most help needed will be with goods probably.

When does the next GE start 23rd or 24th? This will increase the number of quests that need to be done in IA to 10 - 11

Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40996

Oh, damn I just read the previous comments, I have a BA city that I'm working to complete the quest chain, The question here becomes how to Jump the age and manage to complete the rest of the quests.
Any ideas?

Looking at the quests, If you jump to IA before the Next GE should be doable with guild help, only 6 quests will have to be completed in IA, and the most help needed will be with goods probably.

When does the next GE start 23rd or 24th? This will increase the number of quests that need to be done in IA to 10 - 11

Regards
It starts the 24th the quest for 6 GE encounters is the 28th

Gridley

Doubtful. Each car only ran twice on beta.

True, but look at it another way: the cars were spaced roughly evenly through the event.

I'd be very happy to see the cars come around a third time, especially as with the Sleigh Builder done there aren't many "good" prizes left unused from the Beta list.

DeletedUser30312

You're concerned about people who've just started the game. I joined in the middle of a Spring Event, back when that consisted of hiding and discovering eggs. Unsurprisingly, even if I had joined with enough time left in the Event to do the quests, I couldn't complete very many at all before I was just out of resources. My city wasn't yet producing enough because it was new. I didn't assume that I should be able to complete it; quite the contrary, I chalked it up to a combination of bad timing and just starting out, and I looked forward to building up my city so that I could get all the cool stuff in the next Event.

No one should expect that new players, nor those who make the mistake of advanding in age after an Event starts, to gain anything from the Event except an object lesson in How to Play FoE. "This is a game of patience" can't be repeated enough.

My point exactly. Online games like this often run seasonal events, and it's mainly a way to keep the experienced players interested instead of getting bored with the same old thing. Any time I try a new game, I don't expect to ace any special events going on because I haven't really gotten started with anything. Yeah, you CAN dump premium currency, and I'm sure companies just love impatient players with deep pockets, but they know a lot of new players aren't going to get much. Really, as long as the game doesn't go too far into the whole ugly pay to win model, it's okay, and FoE usually avoids that.

RazorbackPirate

True, but look at it another way: the cars were spaced roughly evenly through the event.

I'd be very happy to see the cars come around a third time, especially as with the Sleigh Builder done there aren't many "good" prizes left unused from the Beta list.
The first set they ran with 2 days in between each car, the second set they ran, so far, with 3 day in between each car. That puts the Dining Car to run on the 21st. That will leave 11 days from the last car until the end of the event. On beta, there were 10 days between the last car and the end of the event. No real difference.

Now, why would Inno run them this way? Because after the last car has run as a daily special, the only other way to get more cars is to buy the reindeer collection. The reindeer might also contain one or more WT upgrades making it even sweeter. Many won't buy, but many will. Either way, Inno wins. Any sales of reindeer are sales they didn't have last year.

No. I don't think we'll see them a 3rd time. Inno has reindeer sales to drive. Because of this, they may get some of mine yet. In one city, at least. We'll see, but it will be dependent on the number of cars on the collection. No matter how many I have and may still get, I still want more. Since the diamonds I'll use are all free, they might get them for more cars.

Gridley

The first set they ran with 2 days in between each car, the second set they ran, so far, with 3 day in between each car. That puts the Dining Car to run on the 21st. That will leave 11 days from the last car until the end of the event. On beta, there were 10 days between the last car and the end of the event. No real difference.

Now, why would Inno run them this way? Because after the last car has run as a daily special, the only other way to get more cars is to buy the reindeer collection. The reindeer might also contain one or more WT upgrades making it even sweeter. Many won't buy, but many will. Either way, Inno wins. Any sales of reindeer are sales they didn't have last year.

No. I don't think we'll see them a 3rd time. Inno has reindeer sales to drive. Because of this, they may get some of mine yet. In one city, at least. We'll see, but it will be dependent on the number of cars on the collection. No matter how many I have and may still get, I still want more. Since the diamonds I'll use are all free, they might get them for more cars.

Wasn't on the beta, but per the Fandom site the Freight Car showed up on Day 28 - 4 or 5 days from the end, depending on whether you count the 33rd (think I saw somewhere that was a partial). So if the Dining Car on Day 21 is the last that is a large change.

It is of course quite possible you're right anyway and we'll only see the cars twice.

I got my 9th reindeer today, and I've only got one Sleeping Car and no other cars in my set. While I'd like more sleeping cars I'm not going to reward Inno with diamonds for a poorly executed event.

Algona

I'm not going to reward Inno with diamonds for a poorly executed event.

I completely agree with your sentiment that because you think this is a poorly executed Event that you should not reward INNO.

I'm not sure I agree with your evaluation of this Event,

This has been pretty much what I expected. If it is poorly executed, it's been poorly executed for 5 years running. Another Christmas, err, I mean, Winter Event.

Folk who don't plan ahead, think clearly, or understand RNGs have responded as expected.

INNO added a new feature, he Reindeer thingie, and the folks who don't read or understand reality have responded as expected.

The Winter Event is tough to feel good about because of the little annoyances. The Shuffler. The 2X and Show 2 combining the way they do, The Shuffler. The prize order. The Shuffler. 14 Stars. The shuffler. And folk have responded to these as expected.

But as is always the case with every Event, if approached with realistic expectations and goals (planning and thinking again) then this Winter Event has delivered. As expected.

DeletedUser41441

I am still pretty new to the game, but thus far I have enjoyed it...

Gridley

[QUOTE="Algona, post: 289396, member:
But as is always the case with every Event, if approached with realistic expectations and goals (planning and thinking again) then this Winter Event has delivered. As expected.

My expectation, based on the beta, was that I would be able to spend at least 70%, probably more, of the "base" stars on cars. Unless we get a third chance it will be 60%. I expected an even distribution of cars throughout the event. Again, unless we get a third shot...

Side note: glancing at the beta discussion it seemed to me there was a consensus that the Dining Car and Freight Car were underpowered. I tend to agree, but they weren't upgraded for the main servers. Why bother having a Beta server if you disregard the feedback from your Beta players?

2nd side note: I agree with you on the shuffle, and I also agree that it has been that way for a while and can, to an extent, be planned for.

Vger

The Winter Event is tough to feel good about because of the little annoyances. The Shuffler. The 2X and Show 2 combining the way they do, The Shuffler. The prize order. The Shuffler. 14 Stars. The shuffler. And folk have responded to these as expected.
Yeah, that dang shuffler. I hate it too. You go in and win the DS on the first or second present you open, and what does that annoying shuffler do? It hides. You open one present after another...and all you get is a bunch of junk prizes, never the shuffler. I think the RNG for the shuffler is broken.
Oh...and if you hit the 2X right before you hit the shuffler, the shuffle is not twice as random. What a rip off!!!

Possibly you have advanced a bit too fast; without enough time to build up tech, supplies, experience, etc? You could do a search on the fourm to find some of the avalable guides written for players wishing to pursue more of a trader or farmer, instead of fighter, playing style.

I agree that moving ahead too quickly was a problem, however, I have remained in one level for over one month (and plan to remain for a while longer).

I am building up cash and supply reserves by staying in one Era, but my problem remains with a lack of Goods (which is what I mourned the lack of—not funds); both while trying to collect huge amounts for Daily Quests, and in having sufficient goods to Play with in Events and Battles.

DeletedUser

Side note: glancing at the beta discussion it seemed to me there was a consensus that the Dining Car and Freight Car were underpowered. I tend to agree, but they weren't upgraded for the main servers. Why bother having a Beta server if you disregard the feedback from your Beta players?
Just because they don't do everything that Beta players suggest, does not equate to them disregarding the feedback. A consensus of players can still be completely wrong. I'm just sayin'.

RazorbackPirate

Side note: glancing at the beta discussion it seemed to me there was a consensus that the Dining Car and Freight Car were under powered. I tend to agree, but they weren't upgraded for the main servers. Why bother having a Beta server if you disregard the feedback from your Beta players?
There was a consensus among the players who posted in the threads that the cars were under powered compared to the latest and greatest most powerful. That's it.

What Inno saw was the number of people who actually played the event and actually spent diamonds for extra trains, extra cars, and extra reindeer goodies. Then they watched as all those items got placed in cities.

That's why you bother having a beta server. So you can watch player's actual behavior while you listen to the vocal minority's feedback. Sometimes actual behavior agrees with the vocal minority and Inno makes changes. Sometimes actual behavior disagrees with the vocal minority and no changes are made. Obviously, the vocal minority expressed an opinion that actual sales and use data contradicted.

Just because player's want doesn't mean Inno should give. Sometimes it's tough being the adult in the room. "No, Johnny you can't have more sugar. I don't care how much you want it, you've had enough for now."

Status
Not open for further replies.