• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2020 Feedback

CaptainKirk1234

My feedback is that if a separate thread is needed to ask questions due to a major increase in questions vs. other events, then this event is inherently flawed in it's information presentation.

A full set of main prize buildings should be obtainable for free if a player completes the event and uses reasonable intelligence in the way they play the event games, and if that building is part of a set all pieces should be obtainable at least to the point that all basic set bonus' are unlocked by adjoining pieces. That is not the case in this event. Non-fully upgraded pieces do not contribute to the set, and it is only possible to get 2 out of 4 fully upgraded buildings in this event, not enough to activate the full bonus on even one of the set pieces.

The collection from fully upgraded buildings in inferior to prior event's main prize buildings, and in fact does not at least match prior event buildings. While new buildings don't necessarily need to be better than prior offerings, they should be at least equivalent to prior offerings.

The calendar has prizes that even a new player will find worthless. In addition, removing one of the daily challenges to obtain lockpicks for opening up a calendar door instead of extra event currency reduces the value of participating in this event. The calendar is a worthless addition to this event, and adds no fun.

These things, in addition to other issues that have been ignored by InnoGames for years, make this event one where I will spend absolutely no diamonds to try for more rewards than what I can obtain from simply playing the game with event currency obtained for free.

In short, this event is simply a non-entertaining slogfest.
I agree with you, but there is also good thing like the winter train, and the oppurtunity to win daily prizes, and even though the winter bakery isnt great it is still worth it for some players.

GaKOAK

Yes, this has been true for almost every other event. Fix it inno.

Fix what?

Nowhere does it say that everything will be provided easily. The game requires strategy and patience, it would be boring if everyone got everything from every event easily, work with what you get and play the game to get what you want.

The buildings and set pieces will be available in the AD eventually, pay attention and you will get everything you need in time if it is that important to you.

Kranyar the Mysterious

The buildings and set pieces will be available in the AD eventually, pay attention and you will get everything you need in time if it is that important to you.
The buildings are almost obsolete now, imagine how they'll stand up to others when they become available in the AD in a year and a few months.

Yugi the 7empest

The one possible explanation for the lackluster event buildings is that Inno is trying to stem the recent power creep. If they continually try to "one up" the stats of a building like the Governor's Villa, this game's power level will spiral out of control. That being said, the other prizes available are just bad. I'm not sure who makes the decisions, but c'mon. Bad prizes are an issue throughout the game, not just in events. I just got 30,000 medals from taking a P2 in the 1.9 thread, but still have to keep from throwing my tablet out the window when I finally get a gold relic only to recieve 80 medals (I'm in HMA).

RazorbackPirate

Yes, this has been true for almost every other event. Fix it inno.
Sorry, but what has been true for every event is that you CAN get a fully upgraded whatever for free, every time. I expect this event to be no different. Anyone who consistently cannot get a fully upgrade prize from an event, is playing the event in a way that they rob themselves of it.

If this is you, you should be asking for advice on proper Event play, not asking Inno to remove the strategies of events from their strategy game.

RazorbackPirate

My feedback is that if a separate thread is needed to ask questions due to a major increase in questions vs. other events, then this event is inherently flawed in it's information presentation.
The problem is not with the information presented, the problem is that most people can't be bothered to read it, or can't comprehend it if they do.
The buildings are almost obsolete now, imagine how they'll stand up to others when they become available in the AD in a year and a few months.
They'll stand up just fine. In fact, once we get them again next year and have them available through the AD, the buildings will increase in value as more Bakeries are acquired and more set boosts activated.

With main prize buildings now showing up a second and third time in following years, it seems that that they've tied the set boosts to multiple years of Event play.

I understand, you want it all, you want it now, and you want it for free. Oh well.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I understand, you want it all, you want it now, and you want it for free. Oh well.
Actually it isn't that I want it all, I want something that doesn't sit in my inventory for a year until it is worth putting out. The trend for multi-upgrade buildings with the main reward effect being only on the top level was ok so long as it was achievable in the event, but to stack that effect onto sets is just pushing this trend too far in my opinion. There is a major difference between sets like the Cherry Garden or Celtic sets and the current event set. This event introduces a whole different beast, and as implemented I don't think it is a good trend at all.

They'll stand up just fine. In fact, once we get them again next year and have them available through the AD, the buildings will increase in value as more Bakeries are acquired and more set boosts activated
They don't stand up now, having more pieces of this set activated in a year won't make one iota of difference except to those who build less than a fully activated set and leave the inefficient things up for a year.

They are beautiful buildings, and the upcoming Vineyard set is one of the best looking ever in my opinion, but unfortunately none of them will ever see the inside of my city the way they are designed right now.

DeletedUser

If I may add my two cents about the main prize. 2 Gingerbread , 1 Macaron give 28 Att for Def , 20 Att , 14 Def and 13 Def for Att , 15 FP , 15 Goods , 15K of balanced pop and 200K coins. Not a huge stat but not as crappy as you all are making it out to be. 2 Bakeries are very possible without diamonds and 3 with about 9000 diamonds. You can also wait until the third one comes up in parts in AD.

Ford makes an F150 for those that don't want an expensive truck like the F350. Do you see F150 owners belly aching about not getting the F150 for the same price as the F350 ?

You are getting a game for free that lasts you years and brings together millions of people world wide but you are pissed off because of what exactly ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the presents part of the game. I also like the matches section. That Winter Train is a heck of a prize!

I'm not even going to deal with that calendar.

Compared to the last event, the questline and DC feel like I'm slogging along through quicksand. Not sure why... maybe it'll come to me.

Emberguard

Why pursue a daily special? Most of them are trash accept for Winter Trains (which the odds of getting one fully upgraded from the daily special is slim and none). Why even bother?
Depends on what you need in your city. Could be a good opportunity to get Reno/1-up kits if you're at all short on those. Or Sleigh Builders or Sentinel Towers. Otherwise hope you enjoy the break if this is an event you're just not interested in.

Algona

Random dumbass 6 AM precaffeine idea.

Given the inclusion of DCs for Event Currency:

Is it feasible, desirable, and or reasonable to add in the chance of winning Event Currency in the Challengers Chest?

LordCronus2016

I remember back in the day where FoE was run by a different Innogames. These events are lackluster compared to the events from many years ago. There is nothing really exciting about them and they seem to be money grabs from spenders now. Course, FoE was pretty new back then. I think Innogames has lost their passion for this game. There needs to be some really good presents to potentially open, instead of seeming like I am shopping at dollar tree. Take the reindeer for example. You have to find them by opening up the right presents, so no guarantee of that right? So if I happen to be lucky enough to find them all, my reward is to pay Innogames 3000 gems to collect the reward? Imagine paying people for the presents they bought you so you can keep them. How does that even make sense? Where is the holiday spirit of giving? I am not saying that there should be no incentive to spend gems, but throw the f2p community a bone. Spenders can buy more stars to open more presents with, but is there incentive to do that? Lets just throw more junk trinkets and wishful thinking to f2p.

Last edited:

Wildelk68

The events get more and more tedious, the quests nothing more than repetition and the rewards worth less and less un-less (no puns intended) you want to spend your beer money on something that you can't eat, drink or drive to get them, then have fun!!

Algona

These events are lackluster compared to the events from many years ago.

Whal has changed in Events from 5 years ago?

Rush and Daily Questlines added, alternate Quests, reduction of Scout - Acquire - Tech Quests, new minigames, elimination of Historic Events, Sets, Building Levels, elimination of Diamonds and mundane Barracks as Prizes, addition of Leagues,

Aside from the Reindeer and Calendar, this Event is almost unchanged from five years ago including folk kvetching about the Shuffler and how difficult it was to get multiples of quality prizes.

While I can agree with disappointment in the Calendar, I don' agree with the sentiment of this Event being lackluster compared to previous Winter Events. Not a lot has changed:

Thanks INNO! You offered every present I wanted, and I was lucky enough to get all but Watchfire. I was happy with all aspects of the Winter Event except one.

the 'flavor' was awful. This is an extremely minor quibble on my part. Each day the same thing. Help me find my towel. Thanks for trying. Here' some Stars. How about asking your beta testers for some flavor suggestions for these events?

I'd personally like to see the shuffle modified but based on the response to my Proposal (in the proposal forum) not too many of my fellow players agree with that.

Overall grade: A-

Thanks again, INNO and a Happy New Year!

except:

I mention getting the prizes I wanted: Note I missed Watchfire, I did get the Diamonds, a much needed Tank Barracks I didn't have the tech for, an RK, Rogue Hideout, WW, and SoK, and the real big prize? A Confectionary!

This event a lot of folk are poohpooing (me included) the Bakeries. The player base in 2015 would have gone insane for something as good as any of the Bakeries.

Prizes have certainly changed.

Heh. The only Proposal (for you young'uns, they are now called Ideas) I ever made.

Last edited:

LordCronus2016

There was less event buildings back then, so yeah they were highly sought after. I agree bakeries would have been awesome back then. However, this is 2020, and bakeries are not as awesome as they would be in 2015. My point is that prizes seem to be of less value now then they were back then. Events can be so much better than they are. Different people play the game in different ways. I pretty sure Inno knows this and they should be creative about it during events. I have gotten quite a bit of useless stuff from the event so far, based on my play style. The game has been flooded with special buildings and that reduces the overall value of specific buildings. It really depends on where you are in the game and your play style. Events need to adapt to reflect this. Can't run the same old tired events and expect them to be just as good as before. The calendar and reindeer were poorly thought out. I should not have to buy my way thru these, just put that as a purchasable package and be done with it. I especially love the prizes I can easily obtain on my own at any time. Boring. Its time they spiced it up.

matr

my feedback, LOSE THE candle lighting ceremony, not even a 5 year old is entertained by clicking a button to watch a slow motion GIF of 3 christmas candles and a match box. It took me 10 minutes of mouse clicks to spend 140 matches, yuk, a spend all button would do the job in 1/140th of the time and I could get on with spending more diamonds. I hate pressing a mouse repetitively for no reason, just lousy programming, I guess the graphic designer wanted to make people see his ugly candle. As far as the prizes and all the rest of the diamond grab - its all good, just don't make it take so long to play, it is completely boring to start with, I don't like slot machines and don't care if I get 1, 2 or 3 matches, there is nothing I can do to change the outcome so why would I care, I don't, just payout what you are gonna pay and get on with life. Making it tedious is just stupid in my opinion. Inno is designing the game to keep people away from spending diamonds by making them press buttons, get the sales manager down here and check out what the bozos in graphic design did. Inno is a for profit company, they just don't act like it sometimes, how foolish. Anything you can't spend diamonds on should get done in a flash, anything that costs diamonds should take a long time to encourage spending diamonds, I would pay diamonds to spend all my matches instantly. Inno your missing an opportunity to collect more diamonds for those of us with more money than brains..

Last edited:

Lady Samantha333

Please leave your Winter Event 2020 feedback here
This is my first event played permanently in Bronze Age.
1) Can you please allow BA players to donate to guild treasury 1 age above their current age or all ages to add 1 age above (not just below)?
2) Any map sector obtaining for BA players should include by negotiation.
3) Being that BA players do not have access to Daily Quests and are not able to earn "Lockpicks", can you add "Lockpicks" to BA incidents?
Thank you that events are open to BA players. The limitations of BA (no GB contributing, no GE, no GBG ect.) is more challenging than I anticipated.

DeletedUser

They have to lower the attack value slightly on each event. If not you will end up with a bunch of heavily over powered players that can only play among themselves lowering the value of the game for everyone. I see complaints about not getting a huge amount of attack points in an event building but then complaints about people with a huge amount of attack points attacking them. Which way do you want it ?