• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Spring Event - The Cherry Blossom Festival Feedback

DeletedUser20367

So according to wiki, the bonus quest for today should be "scout a province" but they changed it to "build 2 cultural buildings". Will the "scout a province" still apear until the end of the event? I want to know if I can open the map or hold it just in case.

Scout quest should be today. That's the way it was on Beta.

Algona

You've got to spend about a thousand bucks to get the full set and see those images in your city on your computer screen.
That would have to be the exception, not the rule

Damn, it's nice to be exceptional. I finished mine the third day sans Diamonds. Total of 10 Large Chests opened thanks to 2 200 Lantern hits. But I used 4 of those chests mistakenly and opened them on the second day. Maybe I am exceptional?

3 pieces of the set are slam dunks if you finish the first Quest Line, so you only ned to win 2 pieces as Daily Prizes.

You get somewhere around 1200 Lanterns from both quest lines the daily 10 and the trees. (Pretty sure it;s more but we'll go with 1200). 1200 Lanterns = 30 Small Chests. Choose to use them only when you;re shooting for one of the 2 pieces.

If I open 30 Chests, I'll win 400 or so Lanterns from the chests.

So I have 1600 Lanters, 40 Chests to open.

40*.07 = 2.8. I can expect to win 2,8 of the daily prizes.

So IF(!) people play the Event correctly it seems reasonable to expect winning a complete set. Sure lots of folk won't, but that's the breaks.

So maybe I'm not so exceptional.

----------

Yes, I know this is damn sloppy incorrect dumbass math on my part. Sue me. I'm pretty sure that it's a lot closer to the ball park then 'a thousand bucks'.

DeletedUser27040

I'm pretty sure that it's a lot closer to the ball park then 'a thousand bucks'.

Mucho.

It's entirely doable for free with some planning and a bit of luck. I'm honestly surprised that I hit 4 of 5.

DeletedUser11463

I play in 2 worlds and got the complete set on one world and short 1 piece (the pond) on the 2nd world. I didn't spend any money for this event and didn't use any diamonds either. Just kept my lanterns for those 2 days that the items were offered. With the event not yet over I do have a chance for the pond but it is today and not sure it will appear a 3rd time. Either way, it's been a better than average event and the combo concept is awesome. Many thanks to Inno for a nice contest.

DeletedUser25427

At the end of the day, these events are about luck. The sample size from players' experiences is too small is make any meaningful inference. So, for example, on one city I got the gold chest on the 4th attempt thus "proving" the 1 in 4 chance of getting it. And today I went for the pond but missed it from a gold chest. I was down to 53 lanterns and the bronze chest was just sitting there asking me "do you feel lucky" and so I went for it and now have the pond.:)

Ylisaveta

That would have to be the exception, not the rule

I played the event in beta, got the whole set. I play 5 worlds on the US server, and have the complete set in 2, missing 1 building in 2, and 2 buildings in 1 world. No diamonds spent. I only open gold chests. Pretty average results I'd say. If I don't get the whole set in some of my worlds, I'm ok with that. I got fps and reno kits I wouldn't have had otherwise.

It's a Cherry Garden. No one promised us a rose garden. ;)

DeletedUser

You've got to spend about a thousand bucks to get the full set and see those images in your city on your computer screen.
I have the full set on 5 of my 6 active worlds, and I used less Diamonds than are in the $79.99 pack, so you, my good man, are speaking on that of which you know nothing.

DeletedUser26154

I'm not trying to put words in his mouth.
But I think he means people with multiple sets laid out in a grid.
People who replaced everything they could afford to get rid of or use a store building to inventory.

I'm gonna guess... yeah, maybe some of those players might have dipped into quadruple digits to get what they want.
Rest of us?

075f701dce3a5e764ba29b9956ad16e7.png

We're happy with what we can get on a peasant's salary.

DeletedUser26154

I was ready.

01a5800f1acf2603eb70dda556f90cf7.png

Looks like we're getting a shot at the full set again.
I'm happy with one, so I'm looking for nice, stand-alone items.

Since I look at Wiki, I knew this was coming.

scout 1.png

Click.

scout 2.png

Just to verify that this type of scouting counts, I'll spend 50 Diamonds so everyone can see.

my skylab has landed.png

The Skylab has landed.

done.png

It works.

jpg_1-264-ec864.jpg

Conan is Happy.

bomber9530

I was ready.

View attachment 3447

Looks like we're getting a shot at the full set again.
I'm happy with one, so I'm looking for nice, stand-alone items.

Since I look at Wiki, I knew this was coming.

View attachment 3448

Click.

View attachment 3449

Just to verify that this type of scouting counts, I'll spend 50 Diamonds so everyone can see.

View attachment 3450

The Skylab has landed.

View attachment 3451

It works.

View attachment 3452

Conan is Happy.

I'm at the same spot. But I used the journey to the TE as my "Scout a Province" so I still have my 330K to scout for future quests. (Assuming I keep it that long)

Algona

Are we getting more trees? I seem to be finding 3 a day. But I haven't been keeping close tack, I may have missed some from previous days.

I've popped 3 trees a day for the last three days. Prolly hallucinating.

DeletedUser27040

Are we getting more trees? I seem to be finding 3 a day. But I haven't been keeping close tack, I may have missed some from previous days.

I've been getting three a day since completing the main questline and starting the bonus quests. I think we received one or two extra trees for every quest we completed in the main questline, so it seemed lime more trees early on in the event.

bomber9530

You get 2 trees every day, and 1 for completing the bonus quest for that day.

DeletedUser3485

Knowledge is power and some of you act like you couldn't start a tuning fork. If you spent as much time reading as complaining and asking, "which way did he go George?", you'd know the answer to how many trees you get a day. You get 1 tree every 24 hours just for being, 1 tree for each quest you complete and 1 tree for every chest you open.

DeletedUser26660

This may have already been asked but without trawling through all 23 pages can someone say if these Cherry sets stack, so if we have 2 sets will we get stacking of all attack/def bonuses, thanks in advance.