• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Marilyn Monroe Historical Questline Feedback

DeletedUser29395

Thank goodness you did change neighborhoods today. I have been having a marvelous time "meeting the neighbors" with my troops. I won 405 medals (LMA) yesterday in the towers because I am the worst neighbor I have ever seen. Gets me those desperately needed expansions.
RIGHT?!?! I was getting sick of that hood, for sure.

DeletedUser29395

Last time I checked Innogames is a for-profit venture. I personally see no issue AT ALL with them putting on these events as an incentive to spend real money buying things from them. As I have said in the past I hope their stock value goes up! This game cannot be free folks - sometimes they need to make a few Euros (Shillings, Dollars, etc). And they are entitled to.

What I do suggest respectfully to Innogames is that you listen carefully to all the noise about the lack of adequate expansions for peoples' cities. This year in particular there have been more events than I have seen in this game in a long time - kudos for that, but you are now running the risk of alienating your own base by squeezing them out of these events for lack of space to place the prizes. And that will cost you paying customers.

Suggestions:

1. More expansions are needed - both paid and as prizes so people can fit all the new buildings in.
2. Be careful about the speed at which you are releasing all these events. Slow down a hair. Let folks just play the game sometimes - and give them time to buy from you, which they will.
3. The promotion you are running today for those who did not win - "buy the Elephant Fountain" - is a great idea! More of those kinds of specials will make you money. Folks will take the deals and you'll sell diamonds. I'd bet the farm on it.

Overall I think Innogames has done a pretty decent job. The game is growing, fun and I know my own guilds have seen a marked increase in new applicants over the past few months in most of our worlds. This means something is going right for FOE, whether marketing, game interest or other factors.

We are part of a healthy game environment. Minor problems and improvements are always going to be there - but overall it's pretty solid in my opinion.

MikeJ916 - Founder, Metaphysic StarGate Family of Guilds

There's a "buy an elephant fountain" offer today?!

qaccy

In my opinion empty space is wasted space that can always be utilised, if I needed space let's say for some event then I would store or delete an item and then replace it after the event. However as a player reaches the higher levels there is less and less that would appeal and rock my world :)

That's what I do. I have a relatively small space in my city for things like barracks and goods buildings. If an event rolls around, that stuff is easily knocked down to make room for whatever the event may require and then it can go right back up once it's over. Coin and supply are really only used in large amounts for building, so unless you're actually skirting 0 of either on a day-to-day basis (your city's messed up if that's the case), it's not really a problem to rebuild something you already had for the sake of an event prize.

DeletedUser28828

Now I'm seriously miffed.. Marilyn Monroe? Really? Nice looking young woman and all -- but how does she qualify as formidable??
If FoE was determined to give a portrait of a Holywood Actress, why not Hedy Lamarr? Somebody who has actually made important scientific contribution, as well as being able to act..
Marilyn Monroe a tragic figure, but wow what a figure.

Algona

Panacea: INNO! The players are revolting!

there is no room for all those event buildings.
there's no room for anything else.
They should start including expansions among their prizes!
I would rather see more ways to get expention squares
I agree, we can use more land.
New events with new buildings need more land...
I would like to see land expansions with this event,
More expansions are needed

INNO: Yes. Tes, they are..

Freshmeboy

LAND I SAY...!!! Give me more LAND...! Its hilarious to see these requests for expansions every time an event rolls around....It isn't going to happen folks. If you haven't figured this out, these event quests are designed to goad players into leveling up in age and the prizes benefit the lower ages more than the upper ones. I'm sorry INNO won't make a 4X4 that pops 8 fps every day for your pleasure but they are offering something on a monthly basis for the majority of players...a shiny new bauble and avatar to boot. If it doesn't fit in your city, let it go. If you don't like the quests don't do them. "Oh, I'd rather have ham on my sandwich than cheese but complain' wouldn't do any good..."

DeletedUser27796

Th
LAND I SAY...!!! Give me more LAND...! Its hilarious to see these requests for expansions every time an event rolls around....It isn't going to happen folks. If you haven't figured this out, these event quests are designed to goad players into leveling up in age and the prizes benefit the lower ages more than the upper ones. I'm sorry INNO won't make a 4X4 that pops 8 fps every day for your pleasure but they are offering something on a monthly basis for the majority of players...a shiny new bauble and avatar to boot. If it doesn't fit in your city, let it go. If you don't like the quests don't do them. "Oh, I'd rather have ham on my sandwich than cheese but complain' wouldn't do any good..."
You seem to lack understanding of the purpose of a forum. A forum is designed for users to state their opinions; whether they are good or bad. If a lot of players feel the event rewards are a joke, then there needs to be a change. The bad thing about this is we have players like you who accept

Freshmeboy

I understand completely what a forum is. I stated my opinion of all these whiners crying for expansions when its a verboten topic to begin with. The other use of a forum is gentlemanly debate. Your argument or opinion loses weight when you insult somebody or name call.

DeletedUser26263

"You seem to lack understanding of the purpose of a forum. A forum is designed for users to state their opinions; whether they are good or bad."

May I add one word to that sentence to qualify it? RESPECTFULLY. We can disagree without being disagreeable. I do not think this is a "player revolt"; nor is Innogames evil nor are players asking for expansions wrong for doing so. This is an opportunity to express concerns over game playability, make positive suggestions and learn from one another - I hope. Everyone has an OPINION, and that's a good thing.

Rule #1 in common sense blogging ... never complain about a problem unless you are prepared to offer a solution. Rule #2 ... do it with decency and respect and forego the name-calling and vitriol. Earlier I provided three suggested options - can anyone else provide more? That's why I posted - to hear from others and get an exchange of ideas going for Innogames as well as the rest of us to see. Maybe something posted here would be of value to my guild members - who knows? And incidentally, I am just a PLAYER like you folks. I do not work for anyone but ME and my membership.

I am serious though, these are good issues. This Marilyn Monroe thing is a relatively easy quest (as these things go) and the prize is actually pretty decent - a smaller footprint at 3x4 for a multi-production building than usual. But maybe others have ideas to share to make the next one better? There have to be some out there ...

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

This is an opportunity to express concerns over game playability, make positive suggestions and learn from one another - I hope. Everyone has an OPINION, and that's a good thing.

Completely agreed that players should express their opinion. The problem that I see is that so few folk think about what's good for the game...

Let's take the current rush of folk wanting Expansions. Completely reasonable for a player to want more land: Build nice buildings, more productivity, faster growth...

Is ir good for the game?

Is it good that a player in BA get the same Reward Expansion for completing some Quest or Event that a ProgE or OF player gets? Maybe? Maybe it's unfair because that Expansion is a lot more valuable proportionally to the BA player? It's a higher percentage of their current land and it can have more built n it...

What anout people that miss out on the Expansion for some reason? How fair is that?

Give Expansions to everyone no matter how far they go in an Event?

As it stands now everyone has exactly the same opportunity to win the same amount of the most valuable commodity in the game, Expansions.

Do we really want to mess with that?

Maybe.

But folk ain't looking at whether it's good for the game, they are thinking about their own city.

So my challenge to all you wanting Expansions as part of an Event, try explaining how it;s good for the game!

DeletedUser26263

Completely agreed that players should express their opinion. The problem that I see is that so few folk think about what's good for the game...

Let me offer this in defense of wanting access to more expansions - the game has changed this year. With the release now of the SETS rewards (King & Queen Garden, Indian Summer, Japanese Tea Garden) the requirement for space has increased dramatically yet the ability to obtain that space - particularly for those of us in higher ages has not.

Again - this Marilyn Monroe quest's prize is relatively small as these go. But Innogames has decided to dramatically increase the number of these special promotions (which is a good thing to a point) as well. I get the cries for space - I hear them all the time from players in various ages all over the game. I wish I had more space. I simply think that if the number of promotions continues at this rate and the type of prizes continues to be SETS and other large space-hogging items, something will need to give.

You wouldn't be hearing this much about it if it were not a serious concern. Nobody is seriously complaining about the price of Diamonds, for example. It isn't a problem. This is.

Freshmeboy

As for your suggestions Mike I see this in a different light. INNO has basically nixed any idea, suggestion or proposal for adding expansions in any form, so while it is a source of constant aggravation to high level players, I just dont see INNO doing an about face on expansions. Secondly, from a business model viewpoint it makes perfect sense to create new buildings that are multi faceted for new players to get a jump start on a game that has deeply entrenched players at most levels. These buildings are giving more coin, supplies, fps, population and defense/offense boosts per square than their age appropriate counterparts thus becoming extremely valuable to low age or mid age players. INNO is a business and knows its clientele well enough to provide these new buildings to keep new players interested and, more importantly, keep them playing.

Algona

the game has changed this year.

I agree that since Event spamming and GE started there is a torrent of reasonably cool to awesome buildings being given out. But it's a quantitative change, not a conceptual change. Same as before, you want a better building, you tear down what you already have. Same decision, just more often.

Freshmeboy makes great points in the post before this one. Giving lower Era cities tasty buildings can't hurt the game because placing those buildings comes at the expense of tearing down current buildings. those players advance, but it;s not a lot. Now add in some more Expansions for those players. They just got a lot faster.

----------

Boss, I like your posting style, you write well, explain well, and think well, but ya aint thinking this topic through.

Try and figure out an equitable way for INNO to give Expansions.

Once you figure that out,now the tougher question: What good does it do for the game?

We ALL got More. If we all get the space to build a Palace and Fountain and we all build a Palace and Fountain what does that do for the game? There's no substantial difference, except that lower Era players got a higher percentage of More compared to what higher Era players got. Is faster game advancement for lower Era players good for the game?

Is faster game advancement for everyone good for the game?

----------

Toughest question: Is it good for INNO to have players moving through the game faster?

I think it's obvious INNO is trying real hard to slow down and extend the game. Higher maximum Guild levels Longer tougher techs and Eras. More obstructions, like Promethium. Or a lack of use for the highest Era Treasury Goods. Seems obvious to me anyway. Wjy would they do that?

Ardak.

Well, not just Ardak, but folk like him. Cash customers. Ardak is great for the game, he spends a lot, is a good player, likes the game, and is a positive and vcciferous role model.

What happens when Ardak reaches the end of the game? Does he stay on as an Elder Statesman helping the Algonas of the world? Or does he look elsewhere for a new experience?

If I'm INNO I wan to stave that off as long as I can. Events to distract players. Good prizes to give players something to have to think about. Meanwhile desperately trying to add more Eras to keep the cash customers interested.

I haven't a clue if this is working for INNO. I do know that we see players who spend a lot occasionally post they aren't spending money on a particular Event. I have no clue how many cash customers quit because of a lack of Expansions, only that I've never seen a big cash customer post that they were quitting because of a lack of Expansions.

And enough of this for tonite, bed time. Sleep well folks and dream of limitless Expansions.

DeletedUser27889

While obviously asking for expansions is pretty much a moot point, we know they aren't going to do it, I don't think it's a topic that should just be ignored. In order for them to know there is a problem or even a desire their players are facing then their players need to talk about it.

The current formula for expansions was done prior to the introduction of all of these new event buildings. So when the designers that came up with the size limits of the city did so, they were doing it to fit in many fewer buildings. With more buildings comes the need for more land. So you are stuck between deleting items you don't want to or not playing the questlines to get the new buildings.

If players are not playing the quests or placing the buildings inno deserves to know why and there isn't a more appropriate place than in a feedback thread. Whether they ever decide to do something about it is on them but all the players can do is tell them. But telling the players to shut up about their problems doesn't help the players nor does it help the game designers.

Freshmeboy

Algona, I can't figure out a way to be equitable about new expansions unless its a one-shot, one expansion, yearly bonus for every player regardless of age. Given by INNO. For free. For playing the game. It wont advance the game too much for lower era players but would be extremely valuable for high era players. The real question is why would INNO do this? They have made it clear expansions aren't on the table for event prizes or anything else for that matter. My opinion is INNO views land acquisition and city planning as the most important part of the game and its greatest challenge and doesn't view new event buildings as a negative but as an increase in that challenge