• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Winter Event 2018

DeletedUser

I have a question and comment about this game and the winter event.

I just started playing this game and started a new city in the Greifental World within a couple days of the winter event start. So I am bronze age level and I have reached Quest Level 40 where the requirement is to "Complete 5 Guild Expedition Encounters...." OR, "Defeat 80 Units"

So, I have spent part of last night and most of today reading on the forum and wiki any information as to how I can accomplish this feat given my level. I just found out that most of what I have been reading is on the - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2018.36622/ - where I tried to post and found out that I could not as I am not playing there on that server, but here on the "US" one I guess. Which by the way is very poor compared to the other one in information and participation by FOE staff.

As far as I can tell it is impossible to complete this Quest Level 40 while staying in the bronze age. Why do you not state this?
If I am missing something then please enlighten me.

1. A player cannot attack another player in bronze age. No way to attack units that way.
2. You cannot join "Guild Expeditions" Until you achieve Iron Age.
3. I thought I could do PVP tournaments and defeat units that way. But seems that is impossible given the above. At first I thought I might have to join a guild, but then learned about the Iron Age rule, so no going there.

I wonder why you even have a Bronze Age Tournament for this game given the restrictions you put on. The only way I see is to be at the end of Iron Age or above and then fight with only Bronze Age units, assuming that the opposing players also have only Bronze Age units.

4. There are only so many battles one could possibly do on the map to take regions and sectors and they will never reach 80 units to do this quest even going to the top of Iron Age and getting Legionares.

I noted many complaints on the other forum of the game developers forcing players to advance and go past where they wanted to be and not play how they wished to at their own pace. It would seem to me that this is a glaring issue with this Winter Event at the end levels.

It would be much more helpful if you folks would give MORE INFORMATION to help us new players to understand how to play your game and tell us about any restrictions or needed advancements that we will have to achieve to do certain things, OR, make the game so that ALL LEVELS CAN ACHIEVE GOALS. You have clearly done that in other aspects of the levels in this event, but not in achieving level 40 and getting the 300 Stars in the Bronze Age.

At least as I said as far as my Bronze Age understanding and Technology will afford me given what the INNO Gods have created for us.
Welcome to the Forum, King Lawrence. There are certainly some frustrating things about this game. You are correct in that it is extremely difficult to complete that quest in Bronze Age, but as @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings points out, it is doable. Originally players could attack each other from the first day, and now that you have to wait until Iron Age, it does seem to create some anomalies in the game. The consensus among experienced players appears to be that Bronze Age is now considered to be a bit of an extension of the tutorial, and the intention is that players will only stay there for a short time before moving on to Iron Age. The fact that so many of the player-interactive features aren't available until Iron Age seems to bear this out. Unfortunately, that means you have little recourse if you decide on a more extended stay in Bronze Age.

DeletedUser37702

Question, when will all the delays end? I have like 20 events to complete and I'm only am to complete one a day.

RazorbackPirate

Question, when will all the delays end? I have like 20 events to complete and I'm only am to complete one a day.
At the beginning of the event, only the first 40 quests are available to complete at your own pace. Quest 41 begins the quests released one per day, which stack at the end of the quests until you 'catch up'. Once you've completed all the available quests, the initial 40, plus the quests released daily, you hit the timer which counts down the time until the next quest is released. There is a quest released once per day each day the event runs, and you have until the end of the event to complete all of the quests.

mamboking053

More than anything, just to have. It will stay in inventory for the time being. However, with Inno having updated the stats on the Mad Scientist's Lab, I'm hopeful there might be an update for Santa's Workshop at some point.

It won't happen this year, but with the number of Store Building Kits I now have in both of my cities, I'd like to have seasonal Halloween and Christmas displays to bring out those seasonal special buildings that don't have a permanent place in my city, then store them after for next season.

Given the production level of my cities, it will barely impact them to put up some seasonal displays a few times a year. I'm always focused on maxing out my production whenever and wherever I can, but there's no reason I can't just do some stuff for fun one in a while.

BTW - Your comment earlier convinced me to dump my ToB early and put down a partial Winter Spire. I took it to level 5 right way to be done with the 'ruins' look, and have been adding another upgrade each day after collection. This now gives me the chance to enjoy more of the skins and to watch the Winter Spire grow over time. Thanks for the nudge.

You know your FoE rich when you can spare space to celebrate the holidays, lol.

That said, even though I don't need it and likely will never be able to use it since they don't release the Lv 2 version, I always and always will keep my level 2 Sakura Tree in my city. I think it was one of the first event prizes I won.

DeletedUser

On the subject of Santa's Workshop, I got one of my rare pieces of cry mail once when I plundered one. So now, if there's nothing else worthwhile, I'll always plunder one if it's available. Just on the off chance it will annoy the player. Don't even care what I get from it. Hehehe

Volodya

So, I have spent part of last night and most of today reading on the forum and wiki any information as to how I can accomplish this feat given my level. I just found out that most of what I have been reading is on the - https://forum.en.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/winter-event-2018.36622/ - where I tried to post and found out that I could not as I am not playing there on that server, but here on the "US" one I guess. Which by the way is very poor compared to the other one in information and participation by FOE staff.
Great point! This is dramatically the case. Anyone who hasn't visited the English forum really should once in awhile. It's a revelation to see just how much better communication between Inno staff and forum mods on the one hand and FoE players on the other can be when both sides make the effort.

DeletedUser32824

On the subject of Santa's Workshop, I got one of my rare pieces of cry mail once when I plundered one. So now, if there's nothing else worthwhile, I'll always plunder one if it's available. Just on the off chance it will annoy the player. Don't even care what I get from it. Hehehe
You Grinch!

Agent327

Great point! This is dramatically the case. Anyone who hasn't visited the English forum really should once in awhile. It's a revelation to see just how much better communication between Inno staff and forum mods on the one hand and FoE players on the other can be when both sides make the effort.

It's the International forum, not the English forum and look how outdated it is in several parts.

DeletedUser37699

Do you have any open sectors on the Continent Map? If you don't scout a new province and then do this:
Attack the sector with the most heavies available, in the opposing army.
Attack with all stone throwers.
Attack a single heavy at a time until it dies.
Attack until you are about to take a hit and then surrender the battle.
Rinse and repeat until you've met the requirement.

That is very great advice, certainly thinking outside the box. I was tracked onto taking sectors and regions, as to defeating units. Of course one does not have to take a region or defeat an army to "defeat units"!

In the Bronze Age level I did have Paruuch Region scouted and 3 of its sectors available and sure enough one of them had mostly heavy units. I modified your suggestion just a little and used half Stone Throwers and half Soldiers and was able to defeat 2-3 opposing army units before surrendering. I have a Zeus GB so that gave me a little percentage help. It took 21 attacks to complete the quest.

Of course now that I have all those Stars. It seems the last few days rewards/presents are not very good or worth getting. Hopefully there will be a couple interesting and useful things coming up at the end.......

On another world I am at Iron Age level without Ballista Tech and it took alot longer to accomplish the quest using throwers and one reward Ballista. The damage to the units required alot of wait time to heal. Took over 30 attacks in 2 days to beat the quest, with the last 10 or so being single unit defeats and surrender, repeat, repeat, repeat. In the Province of Pfefferberg with a mix of opposing army of Mercs and Legionaires.

Thanks for the help and advice.

DeletedUser37699

Welcome to the Forum, King Lawrence. There are certainly some frustrating things about this game. You are correct in that it is extremely difficult to complete that quest in Bronze Age, but as @Ozyman Tremble Weaklings points out, it is doable. Originally players could attack each other from the first day, and now that you have to wait until Iron Age, it does seem to create some anomalies in the game. The consensus among experienced players appears to be that Bronze Age is now considered to be a bit of an extension of the tutorial, and the intention is that players will only stay there for a short time before moving on to Iron Age. The fact that so many of the player-interactive features aren't available until Iron Age seems to bear this out. Unfortunately, that means you have little recourse if you decide on a more extended stay in Bronze Age.

Thank you.

Yes they really need to put out more information, not less, and really should have only one english language forum, not two.

I was determined to stay in bronze age until I got all three bronze age great buildings and did most of the winter quest before advancing. So with this help to see the forest through the trees I have been able to do that and give my empire a good foundation before moving on.

Agent327

Yes they really need to put out more information, not less, and really should have only one english language forum, not two.

They have two forums where English is the acquired language. One international, one US. They have more forums where Spanish is the acquired language. Should those also all be put together?

Rather silly suggestions don't you think?

DeletedUser36624

I suspect recent Daily Specials have been lacking because Inno knows that a lot of people are traveling and/or unable to play much, so they're not putting up stuff that people will be really disappointed to miss. That Mass Self-Aid kit on Christmas though, that is primo. Gonna be lots of Self-Aiding going on in my house, I can tell you.

DeletedUser36020

Burnt all my stars, got six sok and finished the winter spire. Not bad.

DeletedUser26829

I am a somewhat newer player and the Winter Event has been nice so far. I have already received worthwhile gifts.

Thanks for the effort ... No Grinch here.

I'm glad for you. Really I am. But I came into the Forum to bemoan the lack of imagination in this year's gift boxes.
I was really enthused by the promise of Watch Fire and Victory Tower upgrades -- but they have been scarcer than rocking horse manure.
I was looking forward to adding the sleigh building shed to my range - which already has a Santa's workshop and some nutcrackers from Christmas Past.. But that has been rarely available.
Your post was a timely reminder of Christmas Spirit and that same old, same old or the established players can still be new and exciting -- and helpful.
But, overall, I do think that this year's FoE Santa needs to talk to the marketing department: too much of what was promised didn't materialise in any meaningful way..

DeletedUser33179

I'm glad for you. Really I am. But I came into the Forum to bemoan the lack of imagination in this year's gift boxes.
I was really enthused by the promise of Watch Fire and Victory Tower upgrades -- but they have been scarcer than rocking horse manure.
I was looking forward to adding the sleigh building shed to my range - which already has a Santa's workshop and some nutcrackers from Christmas Past.. But that has been rarely available.
Your post was a timely reminder of Christmas Spirit and that same old, same old or the established players can still be new and exciting -- and helpful.
But, overall, I do think that this year's FoE Santa needs to talk to the marketing department: too much of what was promised didn't materialise in any meaningful way..

Typically the Daily Specials each show up only twice in total. So, yes the WF upgrades, Victory tower upgrades, & sleigh builder are "scarce", but so is every other Special. Have to just hold onto stars until what you really want is there in the DS.

Algona

Winding down the Event.

Main city I didn't try very hard, there's not anything that I really wanted except HoFs got 2. That city has become a rather odd place that doesn't want for anything except ever higher lvl GBs for now.

This Event was awesome for my second city. (PME pushing up the Eras every 10 weeks or so.) Picked up lots of random prizes, the Cottage and Sleigh are fine additions to my city. Enough Medals to finish off an Expansion well ahead of schedule.

Went crazy today on SoKs. Picked up 8 and planted a lvl 11 Spire and will pick up the final upgrade next week.

For me this was the best Winter Event since they took barracks out of the prize rotation. The Spire is relatively easy to get and a top notch prize, the candle per present makes even the worst Presents fine, making even the the Shuffle a good open, the Grand Prizes are good, the Sleigh and Cottage are fine Daily Prizes,

I suspect we'll see the WF and VT upgrades as ongoing prizes and while I'm not a fan of either they are fine additions to the game.

Job well done INNO.

UBERhelp1

I really enjoyed the event as well. I am waiting on 2 more upgrades (saving stars for sleigh builders) but other than that I have everything I wanted. While I like the WF and VT upgrades, I didn't go for them to save for sleighs. Hopefully, I can get those in the next event (???). This event is one of my favorites. I wouldn't mind getting more like this. GJ Inno.