• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Smallville and Tiny Town

DeletedUser35100

I moved into the Colonial Age about a week ago. Here's a picture of my tiny town after almost 7 months!
Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 6.59.29 PM.png
So far it seems that building the HC has been one of the best choices for my Tiny Town, and it has probably payed for it's own cost by now. I was able to get the main prize from the halloween event which should make a massive difference in my daily fp/goods production, and the attack boost is nice as well. Thanks to some luck from the HC, I am almost done with the colonial age tech tree already, just after one week, but I will probably stay here until my HC is on a higher level.

There were also a few minor changes to my Tiny Town, such as upgrading my yggdrasil, adding a second rogue hideout, getting rid of some wishing wells and adding back in the runestone. I have a bit of extra space which I didn't know what to do with, but I will probably fill that in with a couple of SoK's.

Hopefully the winter event will bring another update.

Last edited by a moderator:

Praetorius

Finally got the Shinto Temple to L9 and switched the Cottage for the Winter Spire. Now I can go back to the Viking 5.
untitled.png

Not sure if I'll get anything off of the winter event though.

DeletedUser35100

Here is my Industrial Age Tiny Town!!
Screen Shot 2019-12-31 at 10.13.32 AM (1).png
I moved into the industrial age last week after a couple of weeks in the Colonial Era leveling up my GBs. The winter event brought several important changes to my Tiny Town including the Evergreen Express, 2 sleeping cars, a sleigh builder, and another shrine of knowledge. In addition, I upgraded my Yggdrasil to level 5. All of these new additions will be very helpful as I move into the later and more costly ages. While it was a dilemma at first to choose which train/cars to build, I decided on the FP variant due to the goods variant's lack of efficiency in my opinion. I can also use these fps to buy goods if that becomes necessary.

As for Great Buildings, my Himeji Castle is level 8 and my Zeus is level 10. I will soon have to start looking for more Himeji Blueprints as it becomes necessary to open up levels past 10.

Going forward my plan is to move quickly through the Industrial Age while focussing less on Great Buildings. Hopefully, I will soon be in the Progressive Era.

Praetorius

End of the year update.
untitled6.png

Swapped out the Traders' Ship for the Charcoal Express since the 20% Attack boost more than makes up for the decrease in goods. PIcked up 6 SoK as well (didn't really need any of the Daily specials so I just went for stuff to feed the dealer). Got LoA at L36 and Zeus at L33. Still need to catch up the cont. map before I finally move on to VF. (On FE map currently.)

UBERhelp1

Ok, so I wasn't planning on doing an update, but here we go. I added 3 sleigh builders because of their goods and didn't play the event for the main prize. While the train was good, it wasn't good enough for me, especially as my time to play was limited. Great Buildings wise, I just keep working on them, slowly leveling the Zeus through a swap but mainly working on the LoA. Current levels: Zeus - 10, Babel - 7, LoA - 9, OoD - 7. I have another sleigh builder that I am waiting to place until I get more supplies from the Cider Mills. I don't really have any plans to move up in age for a while, so I'm just hanging here in IA. I'll most likely play the next events to get one-ups and renos. Also, I think it is my Tiny Town's birthday in like 4 days.
1578081907526.png
*The building... building... is a soldier barracks. I found space for it after cleaning up the layout.

Praetorius

I'm having something of a dilemma. In order to make room for the Olympic Treasury I have to drop a couple of buildings for it.
untitled6.png

The Winter Spire has already been pulled to make room for blacksmiths for the event but I have to ditch something else. My options are either removing a production building to fit it in, taking out either a Tholos or Pagoda to fit the Treasury and another sleigh builder or cider mill, or the dojo (which would cut into my units income). Removing an altar won't help, it doesn't free up the right dimensions of space.

I could use some input on what might be the better course of action.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I'm having something of a dilemma. In order to make room for the Olympic Treasury I have to drop a couple of buildings for it.

The Olympic Treasury doesn't seem to be a good fit for a tiny town. Personally, I'd say skip it unless there is a specific reason you need it.

The OT is a guild oriented building, so putting it in means goods for your guild, but less for you if you have to remove a Tholos or Winter Spire for it. Is the Attk defense that needed? Maybe a couple of Sentinel Outposts would fit better and serve the purpose?

So i went for the OT, I replaced a winter spire, I wanted the added supplies, the attack army defense (once i get all the levels), and I wanted the added happiness with the population where the spire only added population.

With that said what's your overall happiness versus population? I know you have a ton of goods so I would imagine removing one of the tholos and a sleigh builder wouldn't cause you to see much goods loss or happiness loss.

Annotation 2020-01-27 161830.jpg

Praetorius

The Olympic Treasury doesn't seem to be a good fit for a tiny town. Personally, I'd say skip it unless there is a specific reason you need it.

The OT is a guild oriented building, so putting it in means goods for your guild, but less for you if you have to remove a Tholos or Winter Spire for it. Is the Attk defense that needed? Maybe a couple of Sentinel Outposts would fit better and serve the purpose?
I think you're thinking of the Statue of Honor with the guild goods. As for the defense aspect, it's 22% def for my attack army. That's basically 11 sentinel outposts worth on one building on top of 8 FP and 25 goods, so it's definitely worth it for me when it comes to doing GE and the continent map.

Praetorius

So i went for the OT, I replaced a winter spire, I wanted the added supplies, the attack army defense (once i get all the levels), and I wanted the added happiness with the population where the spire only added population.

With that said what's your overall happiness versus population? I know you have a ton of goods so I would imagine removing one of the tholos and a sleigh builder wouldn't cause you to see much goods loss or happiness loss.

View attachment 15288
Currently, I have 31,430 in happiness and 12,299 in population.

Kranyar the Mysterious

I think you're thinking of the Statue of Honor with the guild goods. As for the defense aspect, it's 22% def for my attack army. That's basically 11 sentinel outposts worth on one building on top of 8 FP and 25 goods, so it's definitely worth it for me when it comes to doing GE and the continent map.
You are right, I got that part mixed up. I think it might be time for the Tholos to go? What else are you going to add back in?

UBERhelp1

untitled6.png

The Winter Spire has already been pulled to make room for blacksmiths for the event but I have to ditch something else. My options are either removing a production building to fit it in, taking out either a Tholos or Pagoda to fit the Treasury and another sleigh builder or cider mill, or the dojo (which would cut into my units income). Removing an altar won't help, it doesn't free up the right dimensions of space.

If you could somehow figure out a way to get rid of a Tholos and have space, that's where I'd go.

Also, I think I'll be moving up in age soon. We'll see what the next few events bring, but I want some more good event buildings before I move up. I decided not to go for the OT because of its size and the fact that I didn't really see too much of a benefit for it other than possible AD fodder once I move up.

Algona

Silly query from a fan but not participant. Please forgive if it;s off topic. How have Settlements and GBG affected the process?

UBERhelp1

Silly query from a fan but not participant. Please forgive if it;s off topic. How have Settlements and GBG affected the process?
For me, settlements will be very useful; the rewards are great. Especially the Timeless Dojo, as it takes the place of military buildings. GBG is just avoided. Not really any big rewards.

The only reason I don't have any settlement buildings yet is that I don't have the time to do them. Once I do though, that will be my primary goal.