• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

St. Patrick's Day 2020 Event Feedback

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Problem 1 - How did you know to do those steps on the first day of the Event? Especially details like completing 32 Tasks per city? Or what the proper order for upgrading managers and lvling Buildings is? Or how to complete the city? Or that Incidents give Event Currency?

Problem 2 - A player following your five steps exactly will fail to get a complete lvl 2 set, You over simplified, omitting critical detail and things to avoid. One example, making sure to have enough PoGs to start the next city before completing the current city. Or those listed in Problem 1.

Problem 3 - PoGs from Incidents are wildly variable. Two of my three cities collected 360 and 440, the third 70 PoGs.

Problem 4 - The Task order and knowing which tasks to skip or to do early are critical to success and not revealed.

Problem 5 - A player has to commit the right amount of time at the right times to assure timely completion of each city.

Those are some of the of the problems with this Event. They can be summed up with:

Problem 6 - A player has to have near complete knowledge about the Event before starting and has to play near perfectly and has to spend a fair amount of time multiple times per day on the minigame to win a full set. Or get lucky with Incidents. Or be willing to drop Diamonds.

----------

Another dislike I have with this Event. Recent (the last 2-3 years) Events have often given players the opportunity to 'focus' on winning multiple copies of secondary Prizes and skip undesired Prizes.

Winning a dozen Sleigh Builders, thank you! Lots more Sleeping Cars? Don't mind if I do! How nice, my choice of multiple WWs and SWWs for my Diamond Farm, you're so thoughtful. I needed three more Colossi upgrades, w00t!
I don't agree. I found it relatively easy to figure out. "do the quests" .. not difficult. More difficult than just a single regular questline? sure. But humans are adaptable. You should consider giving them more credit. But by all means continue to just be difficult.

Sheriff Of Rottingham

Originally and on Beta I hated the event but now I think the mini game is a success overall though I do think it would have been better if they had used old event rewards from the carnival invent instead of inventing the stupid celtic forest selection kit which has a very low efficiency .
On what do you base your claim that it has low efficiency?

"Forge_Point_Building_Efficiency" page on a certain fandom wiki shows all special buildings and their efficiency. It's even sortable on efficiency. Are you not aware of this webpage?

Zatrikon

How would skipping a task get you one step closer to the reward? It doesn't.
Right. That's why I said it was a strategic choice. Do you complete all the tasks, or not? in order to get to 8.4Q shamrocks, you'll need to build and upgrade some buildings, and you'll probably want to hire/upgrade some managers. And in doing so, you'll be completing many of the tasks. If you don't complete any of the tasks, and sit there with a level 1 hat factory and nothing else, it will take you forever to get to 8,4Q. If you hope to get to 8.4Q in a reasonable amount of time, you'll have to complete some tasks. And if you can skip tasks, then you can make the strategic decisions of which ones to skip and which ones to do, That was my point.

If you spend PoGs on managers, and then skip tasks, you won't be getting as much out of those managers are you might have. So you have to weigh how much to spend on managers, and how much you want to get for what you spent, because when you go to the next town, you have to start over with managers.

Zatrikon

If we had option to skip tasks, we would skip multiple tasks that require POG and move on to next town as soon as we have required POG and shamrocks.

Abuse would be someone coming with steps to spend min POG to get to next town and not bother about opening chests either...just do some easy tasks collect 8.4Q next town..rinse repeat
You could, but without spending PoG, it will take a lot longer to get to 8.4Q. If you just do the first 5 tasks of the town, and all you have is hats and flowers, with low-level factories and no managers, you're not going to get to the 8.4Q any time soon.

That's what I mean by the strategic decisions: Which tasks get you to 8.4Q faster, and which ones don't? And which managers are worth upgrading and which aren't, and how much ROI do you want form each manager upgrade? And then there's the time factor, of the how much you can complete by the end of the event, as well as the rate at which you accumulate more PoGs.

I think that would have made this event more interesting. And less frustrating.

Emberguard

How do you know what overspending is if you don't know what Tasks will be required or the scope of the Event or how many iterations have to be run? Wait until the task comes up?
That’s just it though. You didn’t need to know any of those things. This event was very forgiving in everything except pots. When presented with something you don’t understand or with little info then you need to approach it accordingly. How many Noobs get events in general right first time? Not many. We were all noobs for this event.

You should know early on what the event currency is because like all events that’s given in the quests and written on the event window. Once you recognise the event currency you have a choice to make on the managers. Until you develop a understanding do you hold back in your spending or spend recklessly? I chose to hold back and it paid off.

Getting into something first time by going in full charge is a great learning tool but almost always results in getting it wrong by a large margin. Sometimes by wasting everything put in. It can result in rapid progress in learning but you’d need to be prepared to treat it as just that - a learning tool.

Emberguard

I think that would have made this event more interesting. And less frustrating.
yeah. I would’t mind if the tasks were handled differently to make it more interesting. Brutes got a valid point about abuse but I’m sure there’s ways to solve that problem

OutlawDon

Rocks? If you are at the point where you are receiving a quest to do 22 8 hours then it shouldn't be too hard to complete. If you don't have enough production buildings, put in some blacksmiths.
Yes, that's how I use blacksmiths. Could not play this game effectively without using blacksmiths often.

OutlawDon

Unlocking “in order” isn’t necessary because the manager tasks auto complete. You only need to not overspend on making them too high a lvl

Just following what looked to me to be the natural flow of the game resulted in me doing precisely what would be needed to get a complete Lvl 2 set prior to working out any of the math or figuring out if it’d work.

However I’m the kind of player that’ll hold back on spending more then the minimum until I know what I’m doing and then increase accordingly. On the other hand I know of people who approach games (in general) in the exact opposite manner, overspending on everything and then correcting after.

I also know someone that does neither of the above. They look at what options are in front of them, calculate very quickly in their head the different outcomes and then take the biggest high risk for high reward option there is. Sometimes it backfires but more often then not they end up being quite successful on a consistent basis.

Not really. A player mostly needs to not overspend prior to figuring out what they’re doing and do enough quests in the first few days so they have the currency necessary for chests

Not every player is going to get it first time simply because we all approach things differently. The way I approach games has served me well for this particular event. But I’m also expecting it to make me lose horribly the first time on any game that needs to spend huge or as much as possible early on as that’s not natural to my nature.

I'm not skipping any of the tasks except for the final city that I'm splitting into a additional city because I decided it'd be better then waiting 8 days doing nothing. There's more then enough time to complete the cities without knowing the order of tasks.

While you can skip tasks if you want I’ve found doing all of them helped me considerably at the end of the event. Had I skipped I’d either be needing to spend more pots or far more juggling of tasks

Yeah that’s the biggest qualm with the event.
What I finally liked the most about this game is that if you think you are clever, it is quite a workout. I thought I was clever, but realize I need to upgrade myself. Especially interesting to read comments in the forum by people such as Emberguard who saw many things I did not.

OutlawDon

The best defense against attack is being top 5 in your hood. I rarely get attacked by anyone, even more rarely get plundered. When required to do fights in the hood, (no GE or GBG active) I start at the bottom and work my way up.

The few times I have been plundered has been lucky timing more than anything, certainly not frequent enough to worry about. Any advice to curb productions or store high powered buildings to avoid the rare plunder only hurts the player curbing their productions.

My only city defense is the defense I get from special buildings there for other reasons, I don't waste space with defense buildings when the best defense is a strong offense. On the rare occasion I do get plundered, I just attack and plunder back, snipe a GB, or flip a FP producing GB costing them a double dip. A bit of tit for tat usually makes them go away, if not, then it's some back and forth until the next hood change, and some extra diligence to ensure they get nothing from me after that first plunder.
I was plundered regularly by someone much more powerful. I have been using the threat of flipping their GB at a bad time for them by just adding myself to the contributors' list with 1-2 FPs. Luckily there was a neighborhood reshuffle which took them away.

RazorbackPirate

I was plundered regularly by someone much more powerful. I have been using the threat of flipping their GB at a bad time for them by just adding myself to the contributors' list with 1-2 FPs. Luckily there was a neighborhood reshuffle which took them away.
I had a plunderer nick 1 FP from my Magnum Opus. A measly 8 hours of production, easily replaceable. When I looked at their city, their level 58 AO was 2 FPs away from flipping. I happily donated those last 2 FPs, denying them the double dip to give them a net 55 FP loss. Ouch! That had to hurt.

They never attacked me again.

Algona

I don't agree. I found it relatively easy to figure out. "do the quests" .. not difficult. More difficult than just a single regular questline? sure. But humans are adaptable. You should consider giving them more credit. But by all means continue to just be difficult.

Pretty sure it was figuring out th Event that was difficult.

Read this thread. Read the other threads. Do you remember any Event where INNO had a tutorial to start and pushed their intro video to all players?

A lot of players think it was not intuitive. INNO thinks it;s not intuitive. Your answer 'figure out. adaptable' says you think it;s not intuitive.

Algona

That’s just it though. You didn’t need to know any of those things. This event was very forgiving in everything except pots. When presented with something you don’t understand or with little info then you need to approach it accordingly.

How do you approach something accordingly when you don't know anything about it?

At the start of this Event you know how many PoGs you'll make and you have 20 days to finish the Event and you'll get 3 pieces of the 10 needed.

How do you get 7 more pieces?

If you are too cautious or take too long to figure things out and plan, you won't finish, Too aggressive, you'll run out of PoGs.

Start the Event. do the tutorial. OK, got how this workks, just gotta upgrade managers and lvl buildings. Next Town when and why would I want to, I just got here and I got all those Tasks to do.

Those Tasks, I do one, another pops up. Great. I just gotta do 19*25 Tasks to get 7 Upgrades. Cool. I can do that! Got 20 days, plenty PoGs, wgat's the big deal? Hmmm, they seem to get tougher. Well, still plenty time and PoGs, amurite? Wait, I tun out of Tasks? But I opnly got 38 done! I still need 17.5*25 more Tasks!

What do I do? Of course, next town! I can "Earn more grand prize progress in a whole new town" and get a free chest and if I pay some PoGs get three more chests and an upgrade! How many PoGs? Must be free, the little 'You will keep' says I get to keep all my PoGs!

Punha fa button I want my prizes and to get to a whole new town!

Where;s my new town? Where my 4 chests and upgrade?

At this point, I still haven't found out my 'whole new town' is the same grind, or that if I spend the wrong amount opening too many or too few chests I am sunk, or much of anything else regarding this Event.

There;s a lot of pitfalls and very little that any 'reasoning' can deduce about the proper way to approach this Event.

Hindsight is easy, foresight is easier. You're on the beta forums. Did you play the Event in Beta also?

WiseOdin

People who rate this event a 0 probably have their IQ close to that number.
People with lots of foresight look at the prize buildings and simply don't see worth.

You don't get a reward for every task you do, like the rest of the events (Past four, at the very least).
You can very easily end up without a full event set if you wanted to.. You know.. Play the event, and not study guides to find the way to get everything.
There is no daily item.. Because again, there are no little rewards for completing tasks.
A good amount of the grand prizes aren't worth much.
Even if you complete and max your event set, you'd be better off with a different event building from events past.

Overall, this event is a zero. It's a change in pace, sure. The feudal settlements (Which I actually like) are a change in pace. You at least end them with a very worthwhile prize. A building that can give you great rewards for years. This event does not do that. It gives you decorations you can place in your city if you have that kind of space and think their low payout is worth having them out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emberguard

How do you approach something accordingly when you don't know anything about it?
The more you try new things the better you get at gauging how new things should be approached.

It’s a bit like how musicians practice sight reading so they can pick up a new piece of music and play it better then someone that’s practiced it. You can either rely on knowing everything inside and out to do well or you can develop the skills to pick up something with limited to no knowledge of what's going to happen beforehand and still do well.

If you are too cautious or take too long to figure things out and plan, you won't finish, Too aggressive, you'll run out of PoGs.
Knowing when to speed it up or slow it down on something new is a skill you develop with trying different things in life.

Hindsight is easy, foresight is easier. You're on the beta forums. Did you play the Event in Beta also?
Yes and I was referring to the first time I ever touched st paddys when I said:
Just following what looked to me to be the natural flow of the game resulted in me doing precisely what would be needed to get a complete Lvl 2 set prior to working out any of the math or figuring out if it’d work.

Of course the game has flaws and aspects that could be improved. Such as a bigger amount of pots outside of incidents, a display of total cost for each 6 chests and saving (chest) progress in the event of a crash. I just disagree someone can’t work it out with what’s in the game.

Last edited:

DeletedUser27322

when this event started I thought "wow this is gonna be garbage..."
now that it's at it's end I can say it was fair. I ended up getting a full celtic set and upgrades for 3 pieces. spent no diamonds. im happy with that.

DeletedUser8420

It has been a waste of time and the so called rewards are lame...therefore, I stopped doing the events quests after 5. I immediately sent the lame item to the dealer for disposal. To much effort for to little reward.

DeletedUser26660

The finished article is not worth it at 6x5 footprint for what it offers so I will not be spending diamonds on that. I followed the advice that was given by support when I contacted them very early on and it seems to me that it is virtually impossible to complete the task without buying diamonds unless a very specific strategy is observed. Every event in the past has at least guaranteed that whatever the end reward is every player can realistically achieve it, this current event does not do that.

There was nothing wrong with the way all the past events worked, offering a daily reward that players could go for by saving up their daily amounts. This was a proven formula and yet INNO now come up with this radical new game which demands way, way too much time on it by comparison.

My feedback is...if it 'aint broke don't fix it.

Joeyjojojo

Lots of complaints. The two I agree with are: 1. The steep learning curve: if you didn't read the beta forum or have someone tell you what was up, then it was very easy to mess the event up and miss out on getting the set (once you figured it out, it's not so bad, but the penalty for certain early mistakes here is large). 2. The lack of general prizes, specifically no daily specials and too few and far between on the "grand prizes". The chests don't really compensate since they're basically a tradeoff on the grand prizes (though better as you get 6 prizes per celtic kit as opposed to 2 and for about the same PoG).

There is a recurring complaint I just don't get, however: the upgraded set is not bad, even if you end up one or two short it's pretty good. I know some people just don't like sets and that's fine but unless your city is filled with whichever event building(s) you consider "teh best" this set is probably better than something you have down.

Complaints about it being boring seem odd to me. Most events have some hurry up and wait aspect, this didn't seem significantly worse than others, though the mini-game could probably use some tweaking, just not sure what without messing up the balance.