• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Feedback for Wildlife Event 2024

Johnny B. Goode

It's long been said that diamonds are used to purchase time, in essence: they're for people who have no patience, and this is once again the case.
Before this silver/golden upgrade crap, players rarely, if ever, said that Diamonds are used to purchase time. Sure, in constructing a Build menu building they do, and they also do in scouting the C-Map, but players didn't generally discuss that much. And if they did, they usually pointed out that buying expansions was the only good reason to spend Diamonds.

Pericles the Lion

The cholocate building that was originally available from over a year ago from winter event 2022 did not have any ability to get a gold upgrade for it until the kit came out from the most recent winter event. The only way to get this upgrade was to either pay for the pass, pay for probably multiple sets of elf prizes, make enough progress on the prizeline, and I think from the top league or something. None of these was likely to be done without at least spending diamonds or cash.
The Golden Chocolatery Upgrade came at 460 progress as well as with the Silver League rewards. 460 progress was very possible without spending diamonds or cash. I managed it in both cities where I played the Event.

Ebeondi Asi

I am one player who consistently says Diamonds buy time. In GbG they buy time. In GE they buy time. To finish Supplies they buy time.
Probably the only place they do not buy time is in Events. However even in Events (at least Events past about a year ago..)in a way Diamonds are again buying time. Because what you bought with Diamonds in previous to the new silver and gold stuff, Events, if you took your time, you could have many of those things anyway.
Now not so much for Events. Tough to get much compared to Diamond spenders in the current type of events. and also never will be equal even if you have the time..
But still most in game Diamond spending is to buy time.

Last edited:

Ebeondi Asi

They are missing the remove one color like they had last time so it's a toss up.
Sorry that is still the same as last year, The bottom (round) tool is remove all one color, same as last year.. The tool that changed was remove one vertical line. is now remove one horizontal line.

Sharmon the Impaler

Sorry that is still the same as last year, The bottom (round) tool is remove all one color, same as last year.. The tool that changed was remove one vertical line. is now remove one horizontal line.
I didn't look at the horizontal yet and thought the other was vertical , I prefer the vertical but it's better than removing the one color one.

Graviton

quest says increase happiness by 10k, I removed building that has negative 14k. It did not complete quest though I increased happiness by 14k. I'd say that is a bug.
You've got a typo in your oringial post then.
Bug found: increase happiness by 10k quest - removing a magical winter snow globe that has -14100 happiness does count for the quest.
I'm with you, I'd call that a bug too. I'd bet it's intentional though.

captain987

Assuming that you are referring to the 5 more turns for 65 coins instead of 10 more turns, don't you think that the coins and tools that are new to the Daily Challenges make up for it?
During the fall event, you could win golden tickets from the daily challenges, so if anything, the DCs got nerfed.

jaymoney23456

The Golden Chocolatery Upgrade came at 460 progress as well as with the Silver League rewards. 460 progress was very possible without spending diamonds or cash. I managed it in both cities where I played the Event.
If you got lucky maybe. With normal gameplay it definitely was not achievable without diamonds

jaymoney23456

During the fall event, you could win golden tickets from the daily challenges, so if anything, the DCs got nerfed.
Not only that but it was way easier to get the cups that counted towards the prizeline in the fall even than it is to get paws in the wildlife event.

DSs are extremely easy to get this event. I got 8 Panda pathways selection kits for 48 more FP in my city. That's pretty decent considering getting winter event DSs was a pain. I can easily get 1-2 DSs a board. Just admit this.

Johnny B. Goode

I am one player who consistently says Diamonds buy time. In GbG they buy time. In GE they buy time. To finish Supplies they buy time.
Probably the only place they do not buy time is in Events. However even in Events (at least Events past about a year ago..)in a way Diamonds are again buying time. Because what you bought with Diamonds in previous to the new silver and gold stuff, Events, if you took your time, you could have many of those things anyway.
Now not so much for Events. Tough to get much compared to Diamond spenders in the current type of events. and also never will be equal even if you have the time..
But still most in game Diamond spending is to buy time.
In GBG the average player is not going to spend Diamonds to rush buildings, so it's only the guild leaders who will buy that time. In GE they buy time? How? By paying the 10 Diamonds for extra turns? That's not really buying time except in a very minor way. To me that's more saving goods than time. Anyone who finishes supplies with Diamonds is rather foolish, although that technically is buying time. I wouldn't admit it if I did spent Diamonds that way.

My in-game Diamond spending is mainly for two purposes: buying expansions and using the Collect All button. Neither of which do I consider buying time. I believe that using Diamonds in events to get the gold and silver upgrades without waiting for fragments to accumulate is the main way most players buy time.

One of my favorite events. My wife is like a puzzle master and kills at this thing. Great event to get tons of daily specials, and even better that there are some new daily specials this event that will be useful. Also, I get that you have to put in the time to research strategy and play every day for some of these events, but I don’t think I’ve missed out on the final building in two years and I don’t spend diamonds (I haven’t been getting the gold upgrades to start, but I get them eventually from the silver building). That’s all to say, I would be surprised if we can’t also get this building with no diamonds.

jaymoney23456

You have been playing this event for 2 days and are already getting toxic about it. Is there anything you like!?
Just saying what I think about the event. This is the feedback for the wildlife event isn't it? You didn't specify whether you liked this event or not but I think this is a tedious event 90% based on luck and to have it be extended to last an entire month is a tad annoying and that is aside from it being harder than usual to get the main event building. Besides that, putting such an overpowered building as an exclusive reward for gold league will leave a lot of players dissapointed, even those that spend a fair amt trying for it!

jaymoney23456

One of my favorite events. My wife is like a puzzle master and kills at this thing. Great event to get tons of daily specials, and even better that there are some new daily specials this event that will be useful. Also, I get that you have to put in the time to research strategy and play every day for some of these events, but I don’t think I’ve missed out on the final building in two years and I don’t spend diamonds (I haven’t been getting the gold upgrades to start, but I get them eventually from the silver building). That’s all to say, I would be surprised if we can’t also get this building with no diamonds.
A great event to get daily specials? Are you kidding! Events like this which force you to spend event currency each day and not bank it until you get a daily special you want are the worst possible events for obtaining daily specials! The forge bowl, which should be starting around this time of year was actually a great event for getting daily specials and other goodies. One could get tons of daily specials and progress in the event by spending all their event currency on a day or a couple days when there was a daily special they liked, especially because it was relatively cheap to boost the chances for these by buying the ultimate coach, which is far cheaper than most ways one can spend diamonds in an event!

Dursland

Actually what was changed was the pinwheel. Wildlife had the Pinwheel which turned all adjacent color blocks into the same color as the block.

Fall event was the one with horizontal and vertical removers.

Then we got Wildlife again and instead of Pinwheel it's the horizontal remover.