• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

DeletedUser7289

Honestly, leveling up GB's will still be beneficial (more of whatever each gives). It just won't be giving the ridiculous number of ranking points that higher levels currently give. To me, playing only to raise my 'whatever' building level would get boring very quickly. "Ooh, my 'Temple' is the greatest in the land" isn't why I play.
And, really, who cares about ranking points? All they are is 'bragging rights'.

DeletedUser10131

Shrines of Knowledge ain't gonna be changed, people. They already got 'changed' when Inno released the Shrine of Awe. If Inno didn't want people to get more shrines, they'd just stop offering them as prizes - which may possibly have happened with the Hall of Fame, seeing as that hasn't been available to players for nearly a year now (remains to be seen if it will come up as a prize for this winter event).

Where to you find that guaranteed SOK won't change? This just your opinion? This has been discussed awhile now and Inno hasn't made any comment that it wasn't changing. The silence means it's more likely something that is being looked at. I'm not wasting $320 on your opinion. Lost enough buying BP for my GB that Inno is now changing

Algona

To Zeus987, I don't care if Jaelis gets paid with dancing girls and pony rides. He does a fine job providing information, moderating these forums, and posts constructively. What matters why he does it?

Algona; first, Jaelis was answering a direct question directly - the way he usually does... ask him a more detailed question or a broader question, such as what are the benefits of spending diamonds, and he will likely give you a broader answer. Second, most diamond players spend much less money on this game than their kids do on Xbox, PlayStation, etc.. (which at my age makes me much dizzier if i play the same hours, and as to the social media type of player, language, etc... that is typically much different as well). Third, for about the price of bringing the family to see Star Wars (which grossed > $200 million in a week) i get to hit the maps on GVG when they come out... but not without months of saving FP packages and other detailed planning i will not reveal all my secrets (how to be able to fight a new age in less than an hour WITHOUT SPENDING more than one or two thousand diamonds (less than $ 20). Fourth, as to giving to charity instead; of course - giving time and money to help others is always better than being selfish... and i have in many countries, but that also means little if it is without 'love;' and more so out of peer pressure or base sense of moral obligation.

What the heck are you babbling about? Regarding your four points:

First, I was thanking Jaelis for answering a question, then looking at the ramifications of that answer.

Second, I am specifically only questioning those players who are buying diamonds to level GBs for the primary purpose of earning meaningless Ranking Points. I say nothing else regarding using diamonds in that post. (Aside: When i have posted about folk spending money on this game I've been all for it. Long live the cash customers! However in this case, and from my own warped perspective, this particular use of Diamonds is crazy. Should those folk stop spending their money because I think they are nuts? Hell, no! Should INNO be dissuading these people from spending money? Hell, no!)

Third, I'm happy Star Wars did well, I'm happy you do well. What has that to do with ranking points?

Fourth, I didn't say anything about charities.

DeletedUser6984

I'm good with the rebalance on the GBs and adding goods to the equation but I don't get why the coins and supplies would be removed. The lack of goods production or spending in the scoring calcs was always a glaring hole in my mind, now you're going to be doing the same to coin and supplies. They are indispensable to the game and I'd like an explanation as to why you wouldn't include them.

DeletedUser11446

Please let us know in this thread what your thoughts are about the upcoming ranking change.
Please keep all post civil and within the rules and as always stay on topic.
Will this affect the makeup of the hoods? Right now there are people who are two or three ages ahead and millions of points ahead. Responding to attacks is hopeless. Please consider a different way of grouping players. Thanks

DeletedUser18087

Shrines of Knowledge ain't gonna be changed, people. They already got 'changed' when Inno released the Shrine of Awe. If Inno didn't want people to get more shrines, they'd just stop offering them as prizes - which may possibly have happened with the Hall of Fame, seeing as that hasn't been available to players for nearly a year now (remains to be seen if it will come up as a prize for this winter event).

If Inno has no problem with players having thousands of rogues via mass hideouts and/or a high level Alcatraz, or with having a high level Cape Canaveral, there's no reason why they'd want to touch SoK's.

As for the coin/supply not providing points thing, again, your rank SHOULD be determined by you advancing your city. Having 500 million coins shouldn't be worth anything if all you're doing is collecting it to stare at the number. And this is coming from somebody who's likely to drop a lot when the new ranking system comes out, as I'm not a heavy battler and my GBs are only moderately leveled up. That's because I feel that a shift away from rewarding an 'idle' playstyle (idle in this context meaning not spending resources, merely hoarding them) is a good thing.
SoK isn't supposed to change as part of this change but if this change is retroactive then anything can change. Building values have been re-evaluated before, some within hours of being purchased, so I'm not sure how you know SoK won't change in the future...perhaps update me if there is any commitment from Inno. I would assume there are many players that like the auto-fighting and just cranking out so many battles each night. And, from what I'm hearing, this will cause more guilds to work together on GvG.
BTW, when I make goods and trade down at discounted rates to my newer guild mates, I didn't really feel like an 'idle' player before but it seems that's what I am.

DeletedUser

SoK isn't supposed to change as part of this change but if this change is retroactive then anything can change. Building values have been re-evaluated before, some within hours of being purchased, so I'm not sure how you know SoK won't change in the future...perhaps update me if there is any commitment from Inno. I would assume there are many players that like the auto-fighting and just cranking out so many battles each night. And, from what I'm hearing, this will cause more guilds to work together on GvG.
BTW, when I make goods and trade down at discounted rates to my newer guild mates, I didn't really feel like an 'idle' player before but it seems that's what I am.
its gonna give the forge point, that'll never change. if you're gettin SoK's for the golds...stahp

DeletedUser14634

I think its a great idea to fix those GB points getting way out of control I am in favor of that.

The coin/supply issue is good that they remove it as it takes soo much server usage to calc for each person that can be better served else where. yes i know there are those people who care about point ranking and such but they are meaningless after all and dose it really effect the enjoyment of the game?

However I do see how it can be used to abuse by giving/trading fe goods to a lower player to donate to the guild treasury for points.

But i personally would like to see some other means added to gain points for those that dont fight or donate to their guilds treasury, like maybe for gathering medals, or for aiding players those both show activity of players and gives more outlets to gather points. For those that dont GVG or PVP or donate to treasury's.

Well thats my toughts on the subject for what its worth.....

As always I reserve the right to be wrong lol

DeletedUser3679

Will this affect the makeup of the hoods? Right now there are people who are two or three ages ahead and millions of points ahead. Responding to attacks is hopeless. Please consider a different way of grouping players. Thanks

Although the exact method of rearranging hoods every 2 weeks or so has never been revealed to the players by the devs, it's widely accepted that it is done mostly on the basis of progress thru the research tree, not on the basis of ranking points. So after the big re-do coming in February, hoods will be somewhat more uniform when it comes to ranking points, but will most likely be identical or at least very similar in that the disparity of ages that makes some unhappy (and some happy?) will still be present. The real solution will involve the devs redoing their hood realignment algorithm, something they seem to be reluctant to do.

*Arturis*

Expansions and medals gained should be included in the new ranking system. The game should give more options to use medals, I have close to 3M medals sitting rotten in my inventory.

qaccy

Expansions and medals gained should be included in the new ranking system. The game should give more options to use medals, I have close to 3M medals sitting rotten in my inventory.

I agree with this, but unfortunately we're not allowed to suggest additional ways to spend resources. :( Just have to wait/hope Inno provides more uses for them, I suppose (unlikely).

DeletedUser20367

Although the exact method of rearranging hoods every 2 weeks or so has never been revealed to the players by the devs, it's widely accepted that it is done mostly on the basis of progress thru the research tree, not on the basis of ranking points. So after the big re-do coming in February, hoods will be somewhat more uniform when it comes to ranking points, but will most likely be identical or at least very similar in that the disparity of ages that makes some unhappy (and some happy?) will still be present. The real solution will involve the devs redoing their hood realignment algorithm, something they seem to be reluctant to do.

It might help a little bit since quite a few of the players who complain about being plundered use the format 'I've got X points and I keep getting plundered buy this guy who has Y points'. If the distance between X and Y shrinks enough it won't seem quite as unfair to the plundered.

DeletedUser8428

I'm not convinced. Sure, the current focus is on "it's so unfair, he has 25 million more points than I do" .. but these same folks will then be plundered by an Attila who has only 100 more points. Then we'll get to the meat of it, which is, "They shouldn't be allowed to plunder me".

Plunder is plunder. The fact is, this game is built on attack/plunder. Inno endorses it as a game feature, and too many players refuse to believe that this is not a city building game. They don't mind being attacked as long as nothing 'bad' can happen to them. When they are plundered by someone who has only a few more points than they do ... when they are plundered by someone who has fewer points than they do ... they'll be right back here talking about how unfair it is and 'something' has to be done.

DeletedUser10131

I just want to know when Inno is gonna focus on GvG? We have been at war all week and during coordinated attack times several of us keep crashing. We've lost comms once. The lag is horrible. If your intent is too push everyone to fighting and the servers can't handle it now, then what will happen when everyone is expected to do it? The lag isn't anything new, and was the deciding factor I stopped attacking. Maybe you could work to fix this problem?

qaccy

I'm not convinced. Sure, the current focus is on "it's so unfair, he has 25 million more points than I do" .. but these same folks will then be plundered by an Attila who has only 100 more points. Then we'll get to the meat of it, which is, "They shouldn't be allowed to plunder me".

Plunder is plunder. The fact is, this game is built on attack/plunder. Inno endorses it as a game feature, and too many players refuse to believe that this is not a city building game. They don't mind being attacked as long as nothing 'bad' can happen to them. When they are plundered by someone who has only a few more points than they do ... when they are plundered by someone who has fewer points than they do ... they'll be right back here talking about how unfair it is and 'something' has to be done.

Frankly, those folks should try playing a game like Grepolis or Evony and then try complaining about being attacked here. :D

Mustapha00

Ahh....but, if when those changes were made......previous winners had their scores adjusted, and the rankings in history altered, then there would have been outrage.

The changes in the sports you refer to affected FUTURE scores only.
And great, if Inno want to introduce new ways of scoring points.

But they should not take away points that have been previously earned.

Bit off topic....but just do some research on the way Ford Frick, then Commissioner of Baseball, treated Roger Maris when he broke Babe Ruth's single-season home run record. Ruth set the record in, I think, a 156 game season and Maris broke it in, I think, a 161 game season. Frick put an asterisk beside Maris' name in the record book to denote he has more games in which to break the record. That controversy lasted until 1998 when Mark McGwire broke Maris' record (albeit by juicing).
People do get outraged when the rules are changed after the event.

DeletedUser13838

Bit off topic....but just do some research on the way Ford Frick, then Commissioner of Baseball, treated Roger Maris when he broke Babe Ruth's single-season home run record. Ruth set the record in, I think, a 156 game season and Maris broke it in, I think, a 161 game season. Frick put an asterisk beside Maris' name in the record book to denote he has more games in which to break the record. That controversy lasted until 1998 when Mark McGwire broke Maris' record (albeit by juicing).
People do get outraged when the rules are changed after the event.
Before 1931, balls that bounced over the wall were considered home runs. The balls also had to land fair (ie couldn't curve around the foul pole). The rules were sufficiently different that the records aren't comparable.

DeletedUser21180

So Inno thinks THIS is the most important change for the game at this time? HOW ABOUT THE RIDICULOUS NEIGHBORHOOD ARRANGEMENTS!??! Where I have Tomorrow World neighbors and I'm in EMA... You've got to be kidding.

cbalto1927

Frankly, those folks should try playing a game like Grepolis or Evony and then try complaining about being attacked here. :D

i agree while true, Grepolis is a good game but dated. Evony has weird type of buildings, not like FOE which boasts real life buildings through ages. This game is similiar as Civilization series. Most people want the best and updated games. I tried Evony and lost interest shortly after that. I think Inno can add more defensive capablites to the game. One thing i am surprised, as a war game it dont have nukes or atomic bombs in modern age and beyond.