• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Ranking Feedback

qaccy

i remind you that with the new change, Diamonds buyers will be hit badly. Let's say a player leveled the GB's with Diamonds, then Inno takes away the points for leveling the GB's. All that money that being spent into leveling GB's would be wiped out. This is one of the downsides for the new change. I would more likely to agree with the new change as long they change the score on that day and on, not retroactive. It clearly wasn't players fault if the point system for GB were flawed. In the end Diamond players might not want to pay any more money into the game if INNO continue to change the system and the money being lost to the new system.

It may not have been the players' fault for the system being broken, but they can live with the 'consequences' of exploiting it as is common with these types of things in the gaming industry. Exploits are taken advantage of, later fixed, and then the developer gets blamed for 'ruining the game' or 'taking away fun'. So it's in our nature to take advantage of broken things, eh?

Anyone with a lick of sense knew that the broken GB points formula would be fixed at one point, and I've no sympathy for anyone who pushed a GB to high levels purely for the points. If you don't want your level 70+ Cape/Alcatraz/CDM/Arc, I wish there was a way you could give it to me as I would happily use the bonuses those provide. :D

ITown

Uh, no. It's pay-to-have-a-high-ranking. A meaningless ranking that has no effect on the game. If folk are crazy enough to spend money just to buy high rank, good for them, better for INNO.

I am so gonna love folk complaining that because they are high ranked, ir should not be possible for them to be plundered by someone who is 1/10 their points but spent money developing their city...

ranking is the closest thing there is to "winning" in this game

DeletedUser

Why the obsession with "Winning" especially in a game designed for a distinct absence of a winner?
Not saying it's wrong for you or anyone else to want to claim bragging rights for high points, just trying to understand how that has any connection to winning.

DeletedUser10019

It does not matter how many points someone has.......they can have 1 million and be in the Iron Age
It does not matter what era they are in.

A player who is the same age as you or even lower can attack you and win.

The only thing that affects you is whether or not you are plundered........and that is easily dealt with by collecting goods on time.

Thanks for the comment, Ruby. I know that very clearly, as I am above people from higher ages in all 3 lists including guildmates in all the worlds I play in (thanks to my GBs and many battles). Yet neighbourhood mixing is still a mess, don't you think? No matter how many points (or how much attack boost from GBs) you have, a battle between a Modern Era army and a LMA army is not a fair one by any means. Therefore, putting people 4 ages apart in the same neighbourhood cannot be fair at all. A Modern Era light unit (Bazooka Team) has 70/45 att/def stats without any boost, while a LMA light unit (Great Sword Warrior) is at 25/25. Bazooka Team is vulnerable to ranged and fast units, and at LMA, stats for these units are 24/12 ans 22/25 respectively. How could anyone, with any amount of battle boost, hope to win any kind of battle with these stats? Technological level HAS TO be considered when establishing neighbourhoods. At least that's what I think.
Plundering is part of the game. I do plunder many players, even you when we were in the same neighbourhood in Dunarsund :D And yes, collect on time and you avoid that. I completely agree with you on that part. My point is not about getting plundered, but the fact that neighbourhood mixing is not really fair. I'm in a hood of more than 70 people, and I can't attack 50 of them because they are 3 ages ahead of me. Given the stats above, I literally have no chance despite all my attack bonus. Believe me I tried, hoping maybe some have 2 spearmen defences and I could get higher age goods easily. One can argue I'm getting punished for having high level GBs, but I'd like to underline that top dogs of the hood are even further ahead compared to people of lower ages with no GBs. I don't really see how all of us are in the same hood.

Last edited by a moderator:

Algona

ranking is the closest thing there is to "winning" in this game

Exactly. Sheer genius by INNO.

Step 1) Run out completely meaningless, arbitrary, and unrewarded rank.

Step 2) Grant ability to spend money on this rank without explicitly saying so.

Step 3) Profit.

DeletedUser10517

Thanks for the comment, Ruby. I know that very clearly, as I am above people from higher ages in all 3 lists including guildmates in all the worlds I play in (thanks to my GBs and many battles). Yet neighbourhood mixing is still a mess, don't you think? No matter how many points (or how much attack boost from GBs) you have, a battle between a Modern Era army and a LMA army is not a fair one by any means. Therefore, putting people 4 ages apart in the same neighbourhood cannot be fair at all. A Modern Era light unit (Bazooka Team) has 70/45 att/def stats without any boost, while a LMA light unit (Great Sword Warrior) is at 25/25. Bazooka Team is vulnerable to ranged and fast units, and at LMA, stats for these units are 24/12 ans 22/25 respectively. How could anyone, with any amount of battle boost, hope to win any kind of battle with these stats? Technological level HAS TO be considered when establishing neighbourhoods. At least that's what I think.
Plundering is part of the game. I do plunder many players, even you when we were in the same neighbourhood in Dunarsund :D And yes, collect on time and you avoid that. I completely agree with you on that part. My point is not about getting plundered, but the fact that neighbourhood mixing is not really fair. I'm in a hood of more than 70 people, and I can't attack 50 of them because they are 3 ages ahead of me. Given the stats above, I literally have no chance despite all my attack bonus. Believe me I tried, hoping maybe some have 2 spearmen defences and I could get higher age goods easily. One can argue I'm getting punished for having high level GBs, but I'd like to underline that top dogs of the hood are even further ahead compared to people of lower ages with no GBs. I don't really see how all of us are in the same hood.
Youre highlighting two separate issues, as far as I can see.
1....its not fair on lower ages if they are attacked by higher ages
2....lower aged players are denied the opportunity to attack many neighbours.

The way I see it, those two issues cant be lumped together.

On the first issue....it doesnt matter if its fair or not. The defender is not part of the battle. He doesnt lose anything and doesnt have to be present even
The attacker can use lower aged troops if he wants......just because hes in Modern or whatever doesnt mean he will always use those troops....
The actual fight is all about the Attacker and the points HE wants to gain.

The 2nd issue is, again, all about the Attacker.....and whether or not he can attack ALL his neighbours or just some of his neighbours.
Attacking as many as you can every day and upgrading all your buildings asap will ensure the player does move up......basically, those who play move up, those who dont, wont.

But.........it is all about Attacking. Defenders dont 'Play' the game.

DeletedUser10415

I disagree. Defenders are playing the game if they're changing up defense and/or collection times. Playing the attackers is playing the game too.

ITown

No matter how many points (or how much attack boost from GBs) you have, a battle between a Modern Era army and a LMA army is not a fair one by any means. Therefore, putting people 4 ages apart in the same neighbourhood cannot be fair at all. A Modern Era light unit (Bazooka Team) has 70/45 att/def stats without any boost, while a LMA light unit (Great Sword Warrior) is at 25/25. Bazooka Team is vulnerable to ranged and fast units, and at LMA, stats for these units are 24/12 ans 22/25 respectively.

2 ages is also too much. Try beating snipers with muskets, lol. Even with 90% attack/def vs 0% snipers you have
57 attack/34 defense muskets, which have 12 movement, 7 range
vs 30 attack/30 def snipers (with another +40 def dug in and another +40 def in trees = 110 defense), which have 18 movement, 12 range

who do you think wins that?

DeletedUser10019

Youre highlighting two separate issues, as far as I can see.
1....its not fair on lower ages if they are attacked by higher ages
2....lower aged players are denied the opportunity to attack many neighbours.

The way I see it, those two issues cant be lumped together.

On the first issue....it doesnt matter if its fair or not. The defender is not part of the battle. He doesnt lose anything and doesnt have to be present even
The attacker can use lower aged troops if he wants......just because hes in Modern or whatever doesnt mean he will always use those troops....
The actual fight is all about the Attacker and the points HE wants to gain.

The 2nd issue is, again, all about the Attacker.....and whether or not he can attack ALL his neighbours or just some of his neighbours.
Attacking as many as you can every day and upgrading all your buildings asap will ensure the player does move up......basically, those who play move up, those who dont, wont.

Yes, I'm highlighting two separate issues, to make my point, which I have mentioned very clearly in my previous message: "My point is not about getting plundered, but the fact that neighbourhood mixing is not really fair." I'm using these two separate bits of information to underline my point. Having people FOUR ages apart in the same neighbourhood takes the attacking aspect from my gameplay, and it's not fair at all. I may collect on time and avoid getting plundered. But battles are an important part of the game to accumulate points, and with that option taken from my hands, I will be stuck in this position for a long time. And since you say defenders don't "play" the game, if I can't be the attacking party, how can I be "playing" the game? Again, your words are "The actual fight is all about the Attacker and points HE wants to gain." I can't gain those points, because people have Progressive/Modern defence armies and I can't attack them with literally NO chance to win any fight with my LMA troops. And that is I why think neighbourhood mixing isn't fair.

DeletedUser10517

Yes, I'm highlighting two separate issues, to make my point, which I have mentioned very clearly in my previous message: "My point is not about getting plundered, but the fact that neighbourhood mixing is not really fair." I'm using these two separate bits of information to underline my point. Having people FOUR ages apart in the same neighbourhood takes the attacking aspect from my gameplay, and it's not fair at all. I may collect on time and avoid getting plundered. But battles are an important part of the game to accumulate points, and with that option taken from my hands, I will be stuck in this position for a long time. And since you say defenders don't "play" the game, if I can't be the attacking party, how can I be "playing" the game? Again, your words are "The actual fight is all about the Attacker and points HE wants to gain." I can't gain those points, because people have Progressive/Modern defence armies and I can't attack them with literally NO chance to win any fight with my LMA troops. And that is I why think neighbourhood mixing isn't fair.
So many times we see people on here cry "Its not Fair".....when in reality, they simply havent figured out the strategy yet.

Find the way to get to the top end of your hood......and you wont have that problem.

But dont say "But I cant".....because you can.

DeletedUser10019

So many times we see people on here cry "Its not Fair".....when in reality, they simply havent figured out the strategy yet.

Find the way to get to the top end of your hood......and you wont have that problem.

But dont say "But I cant".....because you can.
I see you're one of those "fighters" who will never admit that the other party may have a point. I understand that, you're not the first I encounter. In E-World, #1 player in my hood is Viacaz, POSTMODERN ERA, 2.5 million points, #40 is giomike96, PROGRESSIVE ERA, 240K points, I have 120K points, I'm in LATE MIDDLE AGES. I'd LOVE to hear your strategy. Show us that you can, mighty Ruby Rainfall. Put me in shame because I said I can't. Tell me what to do, how to fight my way through these players, and I will cry in the corner in shame and praise you until you become as big a spritual leader as Osho.
Help me, Mighty Spririt Ruby Rainfall. Guide my game coach. For I'm a worthless mortal who says "I can't" in situations very simple to solve for you. Show me the way. Tell me what to do. How can I beat these players? How can I get out of this so-called loop pit? Enlighten us: not only me but many others seek your wisdom. Numbers are there, units are there, yet we simpletons can't figure the way to win an easy fight. ENLIGHTEN US MASTER!!!!

DeletedUser11596

When I first joined a couple of years, I was hearing outgoing players complaining that Inno had changed the points value from collecting supplies, gold, value of buildings, etc. However, I figured that they wouldn't make any other significant changes, so I decided to continue playing. Well after a couple of months of raising my Great Buildings to Level 10 (the highest level at the time) in order to get the extra Boost, Inno decided to lower the Boost % value...which pissed off a lot of people. I and many others had used our valuable time and many used those rare diamonds to get extra BPs and just like that, Inno moved the goalposts again (changed the point system).
However, it didn't stop there, they made more changes to the Battle Points, GB levels past 10 and a couple of other key aspects of the game. Again, basically negating all the time and effort that people were putting into becoming top players or just increasing their ranking points based off of the point system in place at that time. At every juncture, Inno kept making changes to the point system and thus causing people to change their strategies every single time.

Their latest change comes way too late and is probably the most egregious change yet. Ever since the GBs were able to go past Level 10, the point system Inno had in place was that your points would increase exponentially with every new level. Inno new about this point system a long time ago but allowed for it to continue because it was a profit making system as more and more players were buying BPs. Hence, why it stayed in place for such a long time. Many of those who opposed the initial GB levelling up points decided to adjust their strategy and concentrate on levelling up their GBs once they realized that Inno was going to allow this to continue for a long time.

Many spent countless hours working the forums, running contests, writing neighbors, and friends in getting support for their GBs and some spent lots of diamonds buying the extra BPs needed to unlock higher levels in order to keep up with those who already had high level GBs like me. Again, adjusting their strategy since INNO decided to move the goalposts. Well guess what happened after a year or so? Yep, Inno decided to move the goalposts and change the point system once again by lowering the points received from GB levels. Thus, negating all the months of time spent levelling up our GBs.

They have undermined those dedicated players who have invested their time in reaching specific goals all to have Inno move the goalposts (point system) once again by changing the point values of various aspects of the game. Not only does it punish the average player who spends their time trying to reach their goals based on the current system in place but it also punishes the diamond players out of time and the money they spent along the way. Hence, why Inno keeps changing the system and moving the goalposts...they want to keep the profits rolling in by making so many changes...but they make sure to milk the previous system before creating a new point system.
For me, this is the last straw, I am leaving the game for good once they make the changes. I should've listened to the outgoing players when I first joined and never continued playing...but I guess you live and you learn.

DeletedUser10517

I see you're one of those "fighters" who will never admit that the other party may have a point. I understand that, you're not the first I encounter. In E-World, #1 player in my hood is Viacaz, POSTMODERN ERA, 2.5 million points, #40 is giomike96, PROGRESSIVE ERA, 240K points, I have 120K points, I'm in LATE MIDDLE AGES. I'd LOVE to hear your strategy. Show us that you can, mighty Ruby Rainfall. Put me in shame because I said I can't. Tell me what to do, how to fight my way through these players, and I will cry in the corner in shame and praise you until you become as big a spritual leader as Osho.
Help me, Mighty Spririt Ruby Rainfall. Guide my game coach. For I'm a worthless mortal who says "I can't" in situations very simple to solve for you. Show me the way. Tell me what to do. How can I beat these players? How can I get out of this so-called loop pit? Enlighten us: not only me but many others seek your wisdom. Numbers are there, units are there, yet we simpletons can't figure the way to win an easy fight. ENLIGHTEN US MASTER!!!!

Youre giving me the stats of a couple of players in your hood and think I can give you all the answers?
What about all the other players?
What about your own town?
What about your existing efforts?

We have all been where you are. And yes, many of us in the early days cried "Its not fair". Expecting to come on and play half heartedly and somehow get to the top is never going to happen.

You have to fight anything and everything.....as much as possible. If you cant fight all your neighbours because they are too high (and you should always check because many have lower aged troops in place) fight your Map and the GvG Map.

If youre online for a couple of hours, collect supplies in shorter time frames.....upgrade all buildings to the best you can as soon as you can.

You will move up.

The more you 'play', the higher you will go. Your placement in the hood is not just about attacking other neighbours.

ITown

When I first joined a couple of years, I was hearing outgoing players complaining that Inno had changed the points value from collecting supplies, gold, value of buildings, etc. However, I figured that they wouldn't make any other significant changes, so I decided to continue playing. Well after a couple of months of raising my Great Buildings to Level 10 (the highest level at the time) in order to get the extra Boost, Inno decided to lower the Boost % value...which pissed off a lot of people. I and many others had used our valuable time and many used those rare diamonds to get extra BPs and just like that, Inno moved the goalposts again (changed the point system).
However, it didn't stop there, they made more changes to the Battle Points, GB levels past 10 and a couple of other key aspects of the game. Again, basically negating all the time and effort that people were putting into becoming top players or just increasing their ranking points based off of the point system in place at that time. At every juncture, Inno kept making changes to the point system and thus causing people to change their strategies every single time.

Their latest change comes way too late and is probably the most egregious change yet. Ever since the GBs were able to go past Level 10, the point system Inno had in place was that your points would increase exponentially with every new level. Inno new about this point system a long time ago but allowed for it to continue because it was a profit making system as more and more players were buying BPs. Hence, why it stayed in place for such a long time. Many of those who opposed the initial GB levelling up points decided to adjust their strategy and concentrate on levelling up their GBs once they realized that Inno was going to allow this to continue for a long time.

Many spent countless hours working the forums, running contests, writing neighbors, and friends in getting support for their GBs and some spent lots of diamonds buying the extra BPs needed to unlock higher levels in order to keep up with those who already had high level GBs like me. Again, adjusting their strategy since INNO decided to move the goalposts. Well guess what happened after a year or so? Yep, Inno decided to move the goalposts and change the point system once again by lowering the points received from GB levels. Thus, negating all the months of time spent levelling up our GBs.

They have undermined those dedicated players who have invested their time in reaching specific goals all to have Inno move the goalposts (point system) once again by changing the point values of various aspects of the game. Not only does it punish the average player who spends their time trying to reach their goals based on the current system in place but it also punishes the diamond players out of time and the money they spent along the way. Hence, why Inno keeps changing the system and moving the goalposts...they want to keep the profits rolling in by making so many changes...but they make sure to milk the previous system before creating a new point system.
For me, this is the last straw, I am leaving the game for good once they make the changes. I should've listened to the outgoing players when I first joined and never continued playing...but I guess you live and you learn.

Congrats on the level 100 CDM :)

Not that I disagree with your overall point in this thread but I have a few things to say nonetheless.

1. The only time coins & supply point value was changed (before this upcoming change) was in 2012, shortly after the game had entered public beta. Ever since June 2012, 0.33% of coins & supplies gathered have been part of your score.
2. The value of battle points has never been changed. It's always been 2% of your battle points added to your player score. The biggest issue with battle points affecting your score... is the fact that GvG made battle points far easier to gather than before.
3. Beyond the blueprints, arguably the more significant revenue Innogames got out of the current point system is from the money players spent on SoKs. I've seen people with 50-100 SoKs since the GBs were uncapped. Never saw that before.

Good luck on finding another game to enjoy. Hopefully the next game you play is run by developers who care more about their customers.

ITown

Youre giving me the stats of a couple of players in your hood and think I can give you all the answers?

We have all been where you are. And yes, many of us in the early days cried "Its not fair". Expecting to come on and play half heartedly and somehow get to the top is never going to happen.

You have to fight anything and everything.....as much as possible. If you cant fight all your neighbours because they are too high (and you should always check because many have lower aged troops in place) fight your Map and the GvG Map.

If youre online for a couple of hours, collect supplies in shorter time frames.....upgrade all buildings to the best you can as soon as you can.

You will move up.

The more you 'play', the higher you will go. Your placement in the hood is not just about attacking other neighbours.

I can't believe you think a neighborhood is fair when you have to spend your entire post explaining how he can survive his neighborhood (rather than fight back, which all players in a fair neighborhood can do).

DeletedUser10019

You will move up.

This is getting too personal, and I'd rather go back to the basic idea that neighbour algorhythm of Inno is broken, rather than getting into a one-on-one argument with you. It's not about me, it's about game mechanics (about neighbour arrangement) being broken. In other worlds I'm far ahead of LMA, and if I have to drop sarcasm and get real, I have a fair idea of what can be done to minimize my losses. Yet, this doesn't change the fact that neighbourhood algorhythm is not fair at all. I can only hope to "minimize my losses", and "try to make the best of a messed up situation". But you know what? My question is WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH A MESSED UP SITUATION? Yes I'll try and hope to get out of this neighbourhood, but having no way to come back at players 4 ages above me with 20 fold more points than me is no different than the efforts of a gazelle against a pride of lions. Actually, let me get my metaphor straight, because this isn't nature and I wasn't careless and caught in such a dire situation. It's more like throwing a kitten in Amazon and watch piranhas destroy it to entertain yourself. This is not a fair neighbourhood system by any means and you know it. I'm being toyed with, and this is not anybody with a sane mind understands of the concept of "fairness". I know there will be a way out in a few months to come, but why would I bother and get destroyed and lose months. An easier way out would be to disconnect my whole city, leave that world for a month, and come back to see if anything has changed. But that's not fair to my guildmates this time, as they will lose an active player. Whether you accept or not, this system is not fair, and it needs to be fixed.

DeletedUser13023

Inno is very vague about the actual calculation of points.

For example:

Battle Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each battle point?

Goods Spent:
Exactly what specific ranking gain do I get from each good spent?

Building Points:
Exactly what specific ranking gain will I get for each building?