• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

2000 Aborted quest limit per day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Zuck

Obviously anyone here who's getting infinite SAAB goods and rank from the fighting quests, is going to fight tooth and nail to make sure they can keep getting those outrageous rewards, especially since they'll be in Venus. It'll take a king mod to really realize that and get a proper suggestion to the game devs who think this is over stupid coins and supplies.

BigSpence4

Obviously anyone here who's getting infinite SAAB goods and rank from the fighting quests, is going to fight tooth and nail to make sure they can keep getting those outrageous rewards, especially since they'll be in Venus. It'll take a king mod to really realize that and get a proper suggestion to the game devs who think this is over stupid coins and supplies.

SAAB goods are pretty much worthless. We see the people are doing Saab fighting quest to gain points and on a day with no gbg and they would have over 5k fights you know something was up.

Coach Zuck

SAAB goods are pretty much worthless. We see the people are doing Saab fighting quest to gain points and on a day with no gbg and they would have over 5k fights you know something was up.

Yup. Usually the top fighter below is someone with at least 15,000 fights. One time I determined that the person who was on top would have had to have done one fight every 3 seconds for the entire 24 hours, and signed in to his world just to look at the GVG map to see what's up and his guild wasn't even on the map. Even the usual 15k is representing one fight every 6 seconds for 24 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

plinker2

I think this is precisely the problem, especially with Agent's confirmation that this supposedly has nothing to do with unlimited battle/rank exploits, and nothing to do with robots.

I don't trust Inno to actually understand their own game, and I am sure I'm not alone, after some frankly ridiculous changes in the past years, things like the Flying Noob Trap GB coming up, even thinking that the Space Carrier should exist - essentially a himeji with the exact same rewards but higher FP cost and a daily cost to actually do the negotiations. Ohhh let me count the ways that Inno has made it clear that their game designers do not understand how the game is played. I mean I was actually called out by support a couple weeks ago for doing more than 1 fight a second and had to send them back a video showing how it's possible to accomplish that in GVG? But I know support people play, and may just not be experienced in GVG.

Assuming I haven't lost you... yes, I agree, Inno was probably sitting around in their HQ and seeing all the aborts, and coming to the conclusion that "some players are becoming bored and have to do all of these quests because of that"

I reject the accuracy of the conclusion though.

Instead, I assert that they failed to realize the cause of the uptick, and projected the cause across the game as a whole.

The cause of the uptick is because people started seeing people raise in rank super quick, and realized they were doing unlimited fights in SAAB, and wanted to do the same. Then apparently (as I found out a couple days ago) guilds started threads where they put up trades of 500 for 500 goods to swap with each other, so that those fights turn in to unlimited RQs, and they get unlimited SAAB goods, which is much more useful than unlimited supplies and coins. Honestly any unlimited supply/coin exploit is only a threat due to the ability to turn those coins in to FP, and most people don't have the time/energy to clickclickclack the super-slow buy FP button and just leave those coins sitting around. My event buildings give me something crazy like 1 billion coins per day, it would take forever to get that from this infinite RQ exploit. It has nothing to do with coins.

A problem is that regardless of someone's CF level, they can now play an 'infinite RQ' strategy in SAAB (and soon Venus).

Mods say that Inno has determined that infinite quests is a problem, and at the same time, mods now say that the fight quests aren't the problem, however, that's why you suddenly have 100 people per server doing it rather than the 1-3 infinite CFs you had before this caught on. These two statements are in conflict with each other.

Plinker suggests that the uptick represents boredom to developers. However, infinite RQs are a play style that takes a lot of work to build up to being able to do.

Until now, you had to stay in tomorrow era or earlier to do it - but a year ago Inno released an age that suddenly made the playstyle viable to anyone who reached the highest age, and it doesn't even require them to invest 10000k FP in to their CF - you can do this infinite RQ exploit without a CF! That is CERTAINLY broken. All those people who moved to FE+ before realizing they'd never be able to be "infinite" are now given that option for free.

Some people enjoy the playstyle and have worked for literally years to be able to do it

Personally, nothing relaxes me more than spending an evening on the couch doing FP RQs or laying in bed in the morning doing the same.

But again, for me, the limit as is isn't too bad. I regret that it affects people who've worked for YEARS to be infinite in TE and earlier ages. I do not regret that it's stopped the outrageous SAAB+ fight farming. Our guild has had probably 5x+ more attacks against us since this change in GVG because people are now hungry to get their fights elsewhere - thank goodness, I was getting bored these past couple of months.

My desired solution, either:
1) Get rid of the fight quests and the limit. Ban anyone doing an inhuman level of RQs or doing them inhumanely fast. Track mouse movement as others have suggested and ban people who aren't adequately moving their mouse when they do RQs.
OR 2) Make the limit a per-quest limit, around the same level or slightly higher, but no higher for SAAB/Venus unless you get rid of the fight quests. Frankly, and selfishly, I'd prefer to see the limit as-is or reduced if the infinite goods exploit in SAAB/Venus isn't solved since I just found out that that's completely destroyed the economy (though it's not like those goods were good for anything anyways!)

Summary/TLDR/Final thought: I think it takes mods like you guys, who actually understand the game, to bring issues like this up to Inno in a way that doesn't capitulate to their lack of understanding of how the game and its players operate. I'm sure that like someone else said, there must be many mods "whistling in the dark" (I had to look that up, it means "trying to remain brave and convince themselves that the situation is not as bad as it seems"). You guys (mods) know damn well that the problem is actually either the fight quests, or the bots, and not FP RQs and UBQs in general, and I assert that you have a responsibility as the bridge between us players and the developers, to help Inno learn their game and make good decisions. This is not an insult to Inno. No developers know or understand their product other than the founders, and we all know the original developers of this game are gone; the rumour is the main one is literally not alive anymore. Game developers don't play their own game enough to understand the synergies they've created, and there's a serious disconnect even between game devs and the game designers who actually make the calls, and this has nothing to do with Inno, it's just the industry.

I'm not intending to freak you mods out, definitely I would not want to be on your bad side... especially if you guys are going to go around randomly calling things exploits that you know have been around in the game for years. What's next - are you going to call multiple point landings in GVG an exploit even though when I first saw someone do it and tried to report it, the support ticket replied saying it's been a part of GVG for years and not a bug? Are you guys going to call my amazing coin boost % an exploit because it gives me 20% more FP per day to have all my event buildings pumping out huge amounts of coins? We don't know, and that's what scares us the most.
Cheese and crackers! Where to start? Here's a shot...we(mods) are about the forums. We give our opinions and sometimes explanations to try and explain with our limited knowledge of the game what we believe is going on. I don't get mad when you put the game down. I DO think you should address your concerns to the ones that are connected with the game itself. One way is what you are doing on the forums without getting too carried away, or do a short and to the point support ticket about it. Something may, or may not be done, but it is better than wondering.

wolfhoundtoo

So long as we're going to throw out ridiculous comparisons they should also come to our houses and impound all of our electronic devices. :p

I do understand the frustrations of those that do heavy RQ but do try and keep your complaints at least somewhat realistic if you want others to consider your point.

Kranyar the Mysterious

This is not about Inno wanting to stop auto-clickers. This is about Inno wanting to stop players like you that do RQ's for 4-5 hours.
In that case (and the response from support), since the official position of the company seems to be to stop legitimate players while allowing bots and cheaters (Inno hasn't ever banned one single push account I reported in the last year or so, even with reported statements from the person doing so admitting to be doing it), I believe I am done with this game. I believe I will clear all my great buildings for my friends and guildmates, finish this season of GBG, then disconnect my city. Maybe I'll check in sometime in the future and see if things have improved. Something tells me I'll be disappointed.

Last edited:

Just An Observer

Losing a top flight player like Kranyar does the game no good.

It looks like EMA could use a 3000 abort limit based on my experience with a city at 10M rating, Chateau at Level 20, Himeji at Level 17 and SMB at Level 7. Currently I see the 2000 limit hit in the last hour before the reset. 3000 for EMA would clear that small dead spot up and allow for some growth in recursion that is being done manually.

My question then becomes what do other eras see as their best number when doing manual recursion? Add to that whether INNO can design era-specific limits that allow for honest play while keeping the bot factor down to a dull roar?

Dominator - X

Opinions vary on this topic, but some believe INNO does not ban the bot clicker players since they spend a ton on Diamonds.

Algona

I don't trust Inno to actually understand their own game, and I am sure I'm not alone

I thoroughly enjoyed reading that post. You covered a lot in depth and gave support for your opinions.

Good reading, a wonderful insight into the mind of a top notch player at the top of the game, well written, thought provoking, and deserves full consideration.

Good stuff indeed. Thank you!

Summary/TLDR/Final thought: I think it takes mods like you guys, who actually understand the game, to bring issues like this up to Inno in a way that doesn't capitulate to their lack of understanding of how the game and its players operate.

I agree with the thought behind this but it's not a Mods place to do this. From the forum rules:

The Moderators (mods) are volunteers recruited by the Admins and Community Manager. They come in Three Forms, and you can tell which is which by their title and the color of their banner:​
Forum Moderator: Only have rights in the specific forums they Moderate, nowhere else. They will moderate fairly and will answer any questions you have that they are able to.​
Here's a link to the forum rules if you want tor read more:

The upshot is that mods do not have a direct link to any INNO employees but the Community Management Team.

It's part of CMT's job to keep the rest of INNO apprised of what the community is talking about.

Although we've never seen any indication whether or not CMT "actually understand the game, to bring issues like this up to Inno".

That's because we don't know anything about them, they never talk with the community, just make Announcements.

BigSpence4

Losing a top flight player like Kranyar does the game no good.

It looks like EMA could use a 3000 abort limit based on my experience with a city at 10M rating, Chateau at Level 20, Himeji at Level 17 and SMB at Level 7. Currently I see the 2000 limit hit in the last hour before the reset. 3000 for EMA would clear that small dead spot up and allow for some growth in recursion that is being done manually.

My question then becomes what do other eras see as their best number when doing manual recursion? Add to that whether INNO can design era-specific limits that allow for honest play while keeping the bot factor down to a dull roar?

The problem is some people want a higher one so they can loop as much as they wont. I dont know if there is a perfect number. Also, with the difference in total RQ's, its effects each age different in its current state.

Agent327

You've just stated that inno wants to stop players from using a legitimate playstyle that has existed since 2013/2015, and does *not* want to stop auto-clickers? :eek::eek::eek:o_O

No, I have just stated that this change is not about auto clickers. That does not mean that Inno does not want to stop them, but nice try.

Coach Zuck

I finally hit the limit... 3 1/2 hours left in the day, power leveled one of my own buildings a bunch, worked my butt off in my guild threads and another guild's lock thread. I'm pretty satisfied.. glad it didn't kick in by noon. The limit may be fine as is for SAAB, maybe a bit lower. Still I think the fight RQs are cheap and against the spirit of the game I'm actually happy to have a good excuse to speed-lock GBs for the next few hours even if I'm going to lose 1.4% doing so, since speed locking is banned in my parts due to the waste it is on goods.

Tony 85 the Generous

Update to version 1.200 | Forge of Empires Forum - It is specifically stated in this link that they fixed an exploit that allowed for unlimited coins and supplies. That is what I am talking about and assuming that is what the other post was in reference to as well.
What use is unlimited coins and supplies? I don't have any buildings that need supplies and only spend coins on quests and fp for quests during events. Honestly, please do tell. Is there something in a higher age that needs "unlimited" coins and supplies?

RazorbackPirate

Unlimited coins and supplies, to me means CF as perpetual motion machine. Unlimited coins and supplies means unlimited UBQs, which means unlimited goods and FPs as well.

While heavy questing has been around since 2018, there were not the number of CF PMMs then as there are now. I'm not sure Inno ever imagined CE players with level 167 CFs spinning RQs for 4-5 hours a day. Without the exploit of unlimited coins and supplies, that would not be possible.

Ooooh, @romeno broke FoE. I'm telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.