• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Buying Lot of Alabaster from My Guild Leaders

DeletedUser31440

If it's a guild trade why not just trade for what you wanted in the first place simply by placing the good to forge point trade ratio high enough if you have need of goods. As for trading fps that will vary by player as to whether they think that's a good idea or not. What are you using that now unused space (instead of goods) for?

I think it has to do with what the guid leader is offering good 'ol tuck. It sounds like he is getting a good rate on buying FE goods for fp's, if that's the case and since he hasn't unlocked most of the C-Map this might actually be an extremely effective strategy for him. He can bypass conquering the C-Map, buy FE goods, trade them down to meet his good requirements for the Tech Tree, and still build up a stockpile of goods for GE if he needs them. The part of this that is most intriguing is the C-Map bypass, it could allow him to keep progressing in Eras and be quite a bit stronger than the provinces/sectors he is fighting and save them to only use when it is a requirement for DC's and Events.

Edit: There's a horrible taste in my mouth for some reason now.

DeletedUser29563

Ok but if space is a constraint
Take those same fp you are gonna use to buy advanced age goods to trade...and buy advanced age goods to build Innovation tower.
Its space saving effects are permenant!

DeletedUser31498

So you advocate producing lower era goods (because you have to make the physical trade for the higher era goods), producing FPs, (both of which take space, so you don't really free up anything there) then trading them both for higher era goods, which you then trade back down for lower era goods. I don't think I need math to see the folly in that strategy. If you are going to trade FP for goods, why not just trade for the goods from the era you need instead of trading for higher era goods and then trading down. At the very least your strategy has an unnecessary extra step to it.

What? Forget the first part of his post, I'm strictly referring to the practice of buying FE goods and trading down. so he therefore doesn't need to produce any goods, he gets all his needs with a couple FPs/day. I think you misunderstood which strategy I am referring to, though I've stated it a couple times.

DeletedUser

What? Forget the first part of his post, I'm strictly referring to the practice of buying FE goods and trading down. so he therefore doesn't need to produce any goods, he gets all his needs with a couple FPs/day. I think you misunderstood which strategy I am referring to, though I've stated it a couple times.
Of course he has to produce goods, you can't directly trade FPs for goods, you have to have goods to trade for them. Unless you think they just magically appear.;)

DeletedUser31440

Of course he has to produce goods, you can't directly trade FPs for goods, you have to have goods to trade for them. Unless you think they just magically appear.;)

He's got enough now to be his BA seed goods, if he's trading 1 fp for 1 FE and that is taking him to 40 EMA, if he did 10 fp's/day he only needs to replace 5 BA goods, just will need to trade down 2 EMA to BA per day, eventually he'll get enough of a stock of BA that he can stop trading down for it. The linchpin for this all is his trading market, if his guild is active in trading and has players spanning EMA to FE it could work out pretty well. His initial buy should be high though, he'd want to have goods in each age for the amount that he needs in the trade. That way after he does the buy he can post the trades as a waterfall going down to EMA so he isn't waiting on each trade to be picked up, then posting another and so on. It'd only be 100 fp's for the initial buy, so not that inconceivable.

Darkbox

Ok, instead of commenting on our intellect, explain why if one is camping in LMA or below, that buying goods and trading down doesn't make sense. I've already layed out my math for why I think it does, and three times I asked if/where my assumptions were wrong. All you wrote was that Tuck and I are stupid. I'm happy to agree if you can support your claim with math/logic rather than insults.

Forum 101: The so called top players will make fun of "noobs" first, rather than give straightforward and simple answers.

DeletedUser30900

Well, what can i say? It’s fun to see all the arguement on something not worth arguing at all :) and I feel good for myself doing the right decisions. Such a good thread!

Darkbox

Since you're going to be trading anyway, eliminate a step or two: just build one goods building from an age. Not that much space, and you can trade from that pile of goods to get the rest. I have to agree with Mathew, FPs are too precious to be used to buy goods.

There are situations where this is not true.

Using FPs to buy goods and build GBs that are ahead of your age is totally worth it otherwise, anyone with say an Arc before reaching FE would be "wasting" FPs if they did not get the goods only through trading.

Even though OP stated that he would trade it all the way down to his current age, he could actually get a lot of FPs on his GBs by selling some of the goods.
1. Get an Atlantic Museum kit (2,150) and trade down to FE and get 2,774
2. Sell one Arc kit (1,875 goods) and get back part if not all of his FPs and still have 899FE to trade down to 2,247 PE
3. Sell one Alcatraz Kit (1,750 goods), get more FPs and make a good profit, while still having 497 PE to trade for 994 LMA.

I agree with some people that say it would take some time do but that's OP decision to make and should not be enough to dismiss his idea as not realistic or idiotic. Trading down solely to use the lower age goods for reasearch and GE can be a questionable strategy but

It really depends on the market and other variables. I once forked 1,400 FPs to buy 2 Arcs Kits and sold them to the buyers for 1,500Fps. The best part was not the 100Fps profit, I was able to sell the goods they were using for the trade (2:1 ration, PE to FE) in 2 Chateau kits (i added about 500 of my own goods) and made another 900Fps out of the trade.

So, all in all, the beauty of FOE is that anything is possible but not everything is.

DeletedUser

I love how people are discussing trading FP for FE goods, then trading them down for EMA goods as if it were a viable game strategy. smh

DeletedUser31498

I love how people are discussing trading FP for FE goods, then trading them down for EMA goods as if it were a viable game strategy. smh

What aspect of this do you have a problem with? Many people likely get 2-3 FE goods per FP. If you can't understand how this COULD be viable, you should simply stop posting and let the people who understand hash it out.

Question for you: At what rate of FP per FE good DO you think it's worth it? If your answer is never, you need to reflect a little more on the situation. So instead of shaking your head, think for a minute. Once you have a number, let's discuss further? Surely you must understand this is simply right or wrong, but becomes right/wrong at different rates of purchase and trade?

@Stephen Longshanks I should add:
Only a sith deals in absolutes....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31440

There are situations where this is not true.

Using FPs to buy goods and build GBs that are ahead of your age is totally worth it otherwise, anyone with say an Arc before reaching FE would be "wasting" FPs if they did not get the goods only through trading.

Even though OP stated that he would trade it all the way down to his current age, he could actually get a lot of FPs on his GBs by selling some of the goods.
1. Get an Atlantic Museum kit (2,150) and trade down to FE and get 2,774
2. Sell one Arc kit (1,875 goods) and get back part if not all of his FPs and still have 899FE to trade down to 2,247 PE
3. Sell one Alcatraz Kit (1,750 goods), get more FPs and make a good profit, while still having 497 PE to trade for 994 LMA.

I agree with some people that say it would take some time do but that's OP decision to make and should not be enough to dismiss his idea as not realistic or idiotic. Trading down solely to use the lower age goods for reasearch and GE can be a questionable strategy but

It really depends on the market and other variables. I once forked 1,400 FPs to buy 2 Arcs Kits and sold them to the buyers for 1,500Fps. The best part was not the 100Fps profit, I was able to sell the goods they were using for the trade (2:1 ration, PE to FE) in 2 Chateau kits (i added about 500 of my own goods) and made another 900Fps out of the trade.

So, all in all, the beauty of FOE is that anything is possible but not everything is.

I like that idea for buying the goods for AM then trading down and selling goods for fp's, that would let him level up his attack gb's pretty quickly and still have goods leftover for tech advancement.

DeletedUser

@Stephen Longshanks I should add:
Only a sith deals in absolutes....
I had to google this, as I had successfully attempted to wipe most of the memories of having seen the alleged Star Wars "prequel" disasters from my mind. Which should tell you how much impact using this quote had on me.

Incidentally, the only one making any sense on the side of buying then trading down is @darkbox in his post above, but even he is only trading down to PE at the most. And even then it is for a specific purpose and by steps. What I was referring to was the OP's theory of buying FE goods and trading all the way back down to EMA. There is no "FP cost point" that makes that a viable strategy. And if you think there is, then you have something in common with the writers who thought Jar Jar Binks was a good idea.

DeletedUser31498

I had to google this, as I had successfully attempted to wipe most of the memories of having seen the alleged Star Wars "prequel" disasters from my mind. Which should tell you how much impact using this quote had on me.

Incidentally, the only one making any sense on the side of buying then trading down is @darkbox in his post above, but even he is only trading down to PE at the most. And even then it is for a specific purpose and by steps. What I was referring to was the OP's theory of buying FE goods and trading all the way back down to EMA. There is no "FP cost point" that makes that a viable strategy. And if you think there is, then you have something in common with the writers who thought Jar Jar Binks was a good idea.

Ok yeah I mean that kind of proves my point. If you can't conceive of any rate that makes sense to do this, then you just don't understand. A lot of people negotiate through GE, and require a fair amount of goods. A lot of people camping don't have tons of room in their city. A lot of people win many TF/SoK/SSWs/palaces/whatever that they don't have room for. If one tiny, solitary FP could supply one's entire city with enough goods for GE which clears up a lot of room, you still don't think it's proper to sacrifice one FP for that? No one is going to sell 1k LMA goods for 1 FP, the only practical way to do it is trade down.

Darkbox was able to arbitrage finding a good seller with desparate buyers. OP has a similarly good deal in his guild. I'm really sorry you don't get it, but it is a good strategy, and more than just in darkbox' example, though that was great obviously.

DeletedUser31592

Ok yeah I mean that kind of proves my point. If you can't conceive of any rate that makes sense to do this, then you just don't understand. A lot of people negotiate through GE, and require a fair amount of goods. A lot of people camping don't have tons of room in their city. A lot of people win many TF/SoK/SSWs/palaces/whatever that they don't have room for. If one tiny, solitary FP could supply one's entire city with enough goods for GE which clears up a lot of room, you still don't think it's proper to sacrifice one FP for that? No one is going to sell 1k LMA goods for 1 FP, the only practical way to do it is trade down.

Darkbox was able to arbitrage finding a good seller with desparate buyers. OP has a similarly good deal in his guild. I'm really sorry you don't get it, but it is a good strategy, and more than just in darkbox' example, though that was great obviously.

I'm probably considered a camper. I've been in PME since the Cherry event (April?). I have over 1,000 of each PME good and over 1,000 of each ME good. I strictly negotiate GE.
I can make room for anything in my city (it is about priorities). I would gladly get rid of my Santa's Workshop if I needed to- it is only there because it perfectly fills a space. Actually, I unlocked 2 expansions last week and had to fill the space with Tribal Squares. I don't want to take away from leveling up my Arc, Inno Tower, DT, and Cape to build a GB. So I filled it with TSs to get some coins and goods. I have to have close to 10 in my city now. Which would deleted for something better without hesitation.
I haven't bothered to count up my daily FP production in my city, but it is about 120/130 not including the hourly FP, taverns, and Arc rewards.

I have other cities in early ages, too. The only ones I have issues with goods are the ones I tried the whole 'no goods buildings' strategy in. Boo. If you negotiate GE4, you need goods buildings. Especially in IA. But, again, priorities.

DeletedUser

Ok yeah I mean that kind of proves my point. If you can't conceive of any rate that makes sense to do this, then you just don't understand.
Okay. Yeah. Whatever. It's true, I usually don't understand nonsensical things. Why don't you try one more time to tell me how efficient it is to buy FE goods with FPs and then trade them down 10 ages for EMA goods. Assuming you have friends/guild mates that have the goods from each of those eras to trade with. And don't forget the additional FP cost of multiple trades if you have to use friends rather than guild mates. Go ahead, make your case for doing that. I'm listening.

DeletedUser31440

Okay. Yeah. Whatever. It's true, I usually don't understand nonsensical things. Why don't you try one more time to tell me how efficient it is to buy FE goods with FPs and then trade them down 10 ages for EMA goods. Assuming you have friends/guild mates that have the goods from each of those eras to trade with. And don't forget the additional FP cost of multiple trades if you have to use friends rather than guild mates. Go ahead, make your case for doing that. I'm listening.

You're forgetting that it's going to be tucker doing all of this, and with his insanely brilliant mind there is no way that it could not work.

DeletedUser31498

I've made my point. You can choose to re-read it if you'd like. Are you seriously comparing the time it takes to trade down (hos guild obviously can support most of that) to RQing 80 clockmakers?

The fact that you liked how darkbox executed it (and yeah, if he hadn't written that I assume you never would have thought that was viable), and yet are unable to comprehend just not selling the goods and using like 5 FPs to fund an entire GE makes sense. But whatever, not your strategy so don't worry about those who are stupid and do it. If everyone was as sharp a player as you we'd all be ranked #1 I suppose lol