• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Buying Lot of Alabaster from My Guild Leaders

DeletedUser

Are you seriously comparing the time it takes to trade down (hos guild obviously can support most of that) to RQing 80 clockmakers?
First, you have no idea whether his guild can "obviously" support most, or indeed any of "that". Second, where exactly did I mention RQing or clockmakers? Hmm?
The fact that you liked how darkbox executed it (and yeah, if he hadn't written that I assume you never would have thought that was viable)
What darkbox described is not what you and I are discussing, so it is irrelevant as to whether you have a point at all.
yet are unable to comprehend just not selling the goods and using like 5 FPs to fund an entire GE makes sense.
Wait...you're now trying to claim that you can buy FE goods when you're in a lower age for 5 FPs? And then trade them down 10 ages (all within the guild to keep the cost at 5 FP) to EMA to fund GE?!?!?
But whatever, not your strategy so don't worry about those who are stupid and do it.
Darn straight it's not my strategy! But I can't say I'm worried about those (you and tuck and...?) who are stupid and do it. Knock yourselves out. I lead 3 guilds and never have to worry about funding GE. Ever heard of the Observatory? Atomium? Arc? Seriously, how ridiculous is it to go to all that trouble week after week to fund GE? Not that I believe tuck or you does that. I think you're just a couple of trolls who like stating nonsensical game strategies just to annoy the rest of us.

DeletedUser29563

Are you seriously comparing the time it takes to trade down (hos guild obviously can support most of that) to RQing 80 clockmakers?
Absolutely.....80 RQs is not realistic. Although some players do.
Its about GB level. Arc and Chateau....at high level(above lvl40)...are gamebreakers....in a good way. To maximize expanded space...and efficiency. Taking these two GB...along with St Marks and LoA/ RAH to high levels virtually eliminate the need for tech tree productions...of any sort.
These are proven endgame strategies. What is being proposed here can work...I'm not arguing that point. But its kind of like a trick play being run on the football field. In the right situation it can win you a game. But we all know...proven offensive and defensive play wins championships.
Its not that different with this. What you are proposing can fill a need...and maybe get you by...for now. But in the long run...will yield misdirection in your progress.
GB bonuses and boosts are forever...and they give you the ability to be completely detached from the tech tree. And this my friend...is how you save/maximize space. Because at the end of the day..that is what Tuckers proposed strategy is really about. As cheap as middle age goods are to produce....that is really the only tangible benefit to his technique.

DeletedUser29563

to fund an entire GE
Use your FP to fund a lifetime of GE....use them to level your attack GB.
Tucker is in LMA. In this age a player can successfully battle all 4 levels of GE with mid 40's attack & defense boost.

DeletedUser31498

First, you have no idea whether his guild can "obviously" support most, or indeed any of "that". Second, where exactly did I mention RQing or clockmakers? Hmm?

What darkbox described is not what you and I are discussing, so it is irrelevant as to whether you have a point at all.

Wait...you're now trying to claim that you can buy FE goods when you're in a lower age for 5 FPs? And then trade them down 10 ages (all within the guild to keep the cost at 5 FP) to EMA to fund GE?!?!?

Darn straight it's not my strategy! But I can't say I'm worried about those (you and tuck and...?) who are stupid and do it. Knock yourselves out. I lead 3 guilds and never have to worry about funding GE. Ever heard of the Observatory? Atomium? Arc? Seriously, how ridiculous is it to go to all that trouble week after week to fund GE? Not that I believe tuck or you does that. I think you're just a couple of trolls who like stating nonsensical game strategies just to annoy the rest of us.

By fund GE I meant allow a player to negotiate through GE, not guild to unlock it.

And Stephen, the traditional ways to get goods are to RQ or have goods building, correct? What I'm saying, is that given the right guild/trading partners, FP could be an amazingly efficient alternative. You've played longer, you're obviously smarter in real life, you're better looking than me, etc., so I'm sorry I tried using stupid math and logic to compare space alternatives and find a break-even where this strategy makes sense. Thank you for rebutting this silly notion that you don't employ in any of the 3 worlds you lead a guild. I know you camp in a lot of worlds and definitely understand the difference in strategy from a low-level camper to an advanced player like yourself.

Thanks for the education!!

DeletedUser

By fund GE I meant allow a player to negotiate through GE, not guild to unlock it.
Either way makes no sense to me, it is so much more efficient to fight through GE than to negotiate.
And Stephen, the traditional ways to get goods are to RQ or have goods building, correct?
The traditional methods are goods buildings and GBs. RQing only became widespread last year after the guide-that-shall-not-be-named was posted.
I'll ignore the rest of your phony self-esteem post.

DeletedUser31498

Either way makes no sense to me, it is so much more efficient to fight through GE than to negotiate.

The traditional methods are goods buildings and GBs. RQing only became widespread last year after the guide-that-shall-not-be-named was posted.
I'll ignore the rest of your phony self-esteem post.

Again, you're not adjusting your thinking for how the OP's situation differs from your own. Hardly anyone in LMA gets a meaningful amount of goods from GBs. Maybe they have level 10 LoA/ToB/RAH, but not many. Goods buildings and RQs are definitely the meat and potatoes. But again, getting level 10 of those requires a massive amount of FPs, which could be used to buy a massive amount of goods, should the person desire.

DeletedUser

Again, you're not adjusting your thinking for how the OP's situation differs from your own. Hardly anyone in LMA gets a meaningful amount of goods from GBs. Maybe they have level 10 LoA/ToB/RAH, but not many. Goods buildings and RQs are definitely the meat and potatoes. But again, getting level 10 of those requires a massive amount of FPs, which could be used to buy a massive amount of goods, should the person desire.
Now you're just being a troll. I was pointing out that heavy utilization of RQs has only become widespread in the last year, which disqualifies it from being a "traditional" method of acquiring goods. You haven't been playing long enough to know that. I have.

DeletedUser31498

Now you're just being a troll. I was pointing out that heavy utilization of RQs has only become widespread in the last year, which disqualifies it from being a "traditional" method of acquiring goods. You haven't been playing long enough to know that. I have.

Dude what is your problem? I'm comparing the current ways of getting goods (RQs/Goods buildings), to an alternative, buying high age goods with FP and trading down. I'm sure at the time, ppl thought RQ was dumb.

Similarly, GIVEN a certain rate is available, and good trading partners, how can you not see how efficient this can be. It's baffling you can't open your mind and grasp a new concept, ever really. Every excuse from you is your older and more experienced. So short-sighted.

DeletedUser

Dude what is your problem? I'm comparing the current ways of getting goods (RQs/Goods buildings), to an alternative, buying high age goods with FP and trading down.
No, in the post I was responding to, you said:
And Stephen, the traditional ways to get goods are to RQ or have goods building, correct?
See? You asked me a direct question and I answered it. Then you respond by telling me I need to "adjust my thinking"? Like I said, troll.

DeletedUser31498

What??
This bears witness to a common problem with middle agers. Ignoring the basic foundational values of this game and using trickery to Try to make up for it.
Level@ your GBs....that's why they are built. They aren't decorations.

Ok what GB's, and at what levels, should an HMA RQ'er have? Or a "foundationally sound" LMA'er?

DeletedUser31440

Ok what GB's, and at what levels, should an HMA RQ'er have? Or a "foundationally sound" LMA'er?
LoA - 11, SMB - 10, CF - 10, Obs - 10, Arc - 9 (taking it up to 80 as quickly as possible); Inno to 10, level as happiness can support; Traz, ToR, CDM, Zeus, HS to 10 round robin in that rotation. Wouldn't say it's fundamentally sound, definitely overkill, but leads to a comfortable playing style with little to no worries. 40 Alchemists for RQ's, 8 for DC's, Berserker will be replaced by RH once I get one.
F - RQ.JPG

DeletedUser

Why do you care? You only ask the question so you can attack the reply.

However. Ignoring the RQ (HQS?) part. And ignoring the attaining of higher age GBs through FP/goods trades. The traditional path to success for an LMA player would involve having every GB up to that age with the exception of Colosseum and Notre Dame. Although if the player didn't fight a lot, they could do without the Cathedral of Aachen and maybe even the Statue of Zeus, although the tiny footprint of the latter makes it almost too good to pass up. For traditional goods production, the Lighthouse of Alexandria and St. Mark's Basilica are a must for the coin/supply boosts as well as the current era goods (up to Modern Era) they produce. The goods will help alleviate to some degree the need to trade for the unboosted current era goods. The Hagia is large, but reduces or eliminates the need for cultural buildings/decorations and gives FP, which are crucial to the game. The Castel del Monte has an attack boost, but what makes it a must have is also the production of FPs. St Basil's Cathedral is really optional, but will help strengthen the city defense by increasing both the attack and defense values of defending troops. This is exactly how I developed every city I built up to the last 2. Both of those were affected by the trend to acquire GBs from several ages above your city development. One because I happened upon a guild that made it extremely easy to get them, and the other on the new world of Yorkton because I wanted to help my guild there thrive.

DeletedUser31498

LoA - 11, SMB - 10, CF - 10, Obs - 10, Arc - 9 (taking it up to 80 as quickly as possible); Inno to 10, level as happiness can support; Traz, ToR, CDM, Zeus, HS to 10 round robin in that rotation. Wouldn't say it's fundamentally sound, definitely overkill, but leads to a comfortable playing style with little to no worries. 40 Alchemists for RQ's, 8 for DC's, Berserker will be replaced by RH once I get one.
View attachment 9129

You have FAR above the average LMA city, can we agree? And yet (@Stephen Longshanks hold your breath here):
From GB's:
LOA 11 = 20 goods
SMB 10 = 25 goods for a total of 45 goods/day

RQ: I assume you run about 50/day, probably more? out of 50 RQs, you get 5/14 of them for 10 goods (since CF level 10), which is 50*5/14*5*2 = 179 goods/day.

The goods production from GBs are pretty small to someone in LMA. Again, you are unable to adjust your current thinking in your advanced age for how us low-level players operate. What's truly sad, is you will still not understand that 1 FP can buy 2 Future era goods (probably more in advanced worlds), and can easily trade down to the same amount of LMA goods from your GBs, being very conservative. And trust me I understand the value of GBs, it's just unfortunate you don't understand the power of compounding when trading down.

DeletedUser31440

You have FAR above the average LMA city, can we agree? And yet (@Stephen Longshanks hold your breath here):
From GB's:
LOA 11 = 20 goods
SMB 10 = 25 goods for a total of 45 goods/day

RQ: I assume you run about 50/day, probably more? out of 50 RQs, you get 5/14 of them for 10 goods (since CF level 10), which is 50*5/14*5*2 = 179 goods/day.

The goods production from GBs are pretty small to someone in LMA. Again, you are unable to adjust your current thinking in your advanced age for how us low-level players operate. What's truly sad, is you will still not understand that 1 FP can buy 2 Future era goods (probably more in advanced worlds), and can easily trade down to the same amount of LMA goods from your GBs, being very conservative. And trust me I understand the value of GBs, it's just unfortunate you don't understand the power of compounding when trading down.

HMA city and 13 goods per RQ at level 10 CF, so about 220 goods from RQ's. I usually run between 45-50 per day depending on sniping opportunities and on Sunday I do about 100-150 UBQ's to get my supplies down to 10 million and buy fp's to get my coins down to 15 million after the UBQ's.

Triopoly Champion

Since you're going to be trading anyway, eliminate a step or two: just build one goods building from an age. Not that much space, and you can trade from that pile of goods to get the rest. I have to agree with Mathew, FPs are too precious to be used to buy goods.
If I buy FE goods from my guild leader, I put my fps into his high level Arctic Orangery and Kraken(since there are often 4 or less contributors on the list), so I get huge amount of medals in return. The expansion slots are the only thing really worth the additional diamonds.

There are so many people in my guild posting trading up from Tomorrow Era to the Future, Dynamic Tower GB can be built with FE goods trading 1 era down, then i get twice much because players prefer 2:1 guild trades instead of the fair trade calculator formula.

With a level 9+ Lighthouse of Alexandria and level 7+ Dynamic Tower, I can build 5 un-boosted alabaster masons, the daily supply budget will still be very positive, the continent deposit bonus can be overridden in this case.