• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser35976

This event is the worst I have seen yet. It is not dependent on skill like the others, but merely luck. And the special changing every few hours makes is easy to miss something you want. Not that there is much to want from this event. The worst is that you can spend lots of diamonds and still come up empty handed.

DeletedUser35550

only things worth while, for me at least are SoK and the BPs, only because I started a new city

Zatrikon

I'm going to carefully keep track of my successes in the games this time. So far I'm at:

0 for 1 on the 15% game.
0 for 37 on the 5% game.

DeletedUser38138

I am going for the 10 florins guaranteed option. Comes out 240 florins a day. Come back before 11 hours to play.

I am losing too many tickets on the other two. I played the other goblets and boat race the first 11 tickets and won once on each. But after those wins, I haven't won since. Wasted too many tickets. You have to be really lucky.

However, those two wins on the goblets and boat race allowed me to open the Blue Chest where I finally got my last Zeus BP I needed to complete the GB.

Last edited by a moderator:

RazorbackPirate

We will NOT be switching hoods until the next scheduled hood change AFTER the completion of the event. This is standard procedure for events with a Neighborhood gambling component.

AceGoober

I don't know about any other worlds but on Langendorn I can pretty much forget about silver or gold leagues. First day of the event and it is already over a 3 to 1 delta between Bronze and Gold.

orge of Empires Langendorn Carnival 2019 01.jpg

I can only assume:

1. People are spending a lot of money to buy Floriens
2. People are getting very lucky with winning
3. There are some serious shenanigans going on

DeletedUser29726

I don't know about any other worlds but on Langendorn I can pretty much forget about silver or gold leagues. First day of the event and it is already over a 3 to 1 delta between Bronze and Gold.

View attachment 11909

I can only assume:

1. People are spending a lot of money to buy Floriens
2. People are getting very lucky with winning
3. There are some serious shenanigans going on

Well gold is always to diamond players. Silver may look reachable til near the end of the event - then it should spread away as needing a bit of diamonds. Bronze is the league for people who just play really actively. Amateur will include people who didn't even finish the questline and maybe a few people that missed a lot of tickets.

UBERhelp1

Lol, I really think that this event isn't too bad if you do a bit of planning. I go for the middle game every time I hit >7-8 tickets. This almost guarantees me a win. If I win early, I just stop playing and save up. Once in a while, if the pot is big (we talking 500+) for the boat race game, and I have at least 20 tickets, I will go for that, but very rarely.

Also, there is a chart on the fan wiki with a very helpful Florins/DS chance chart to make sure you get the best deal.

DeletedUser28147

I've been playing the low chance games once every 11 tickets, so far I've only won once for the 5%. So 9 for the 100% and one each for the others.

DeletedUser38090

Lol, I really think that this event isn't too bad if you do a bit of planning. I go for the middle game every time I hit >7-8 tickets. This almost guarantees me a win.
I will have to disagree.
So the 15% chance game has two options: you win the game for a 15% chance, or you lose the game for a 85% chance. So then the question becomes, how likely is it for you to lose every single time you put in a ticket for 8 times?

85%^8= 27.24% chance that you end up getting nothing. That's not an almost guaranteed win at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

Yay! I just won the entire Piazza building set. Hope you guys don't get jealous. Let me flex it right now:
20151208_thrillist_ned_002-2-1.jpg

RazorbackPirate

I will have to disagree.
So the 15% chance game has two options: you win the game for a 15% chance, or you lose the game for a 85% chance. So then the question becomes, how likely is it for you to lose every single time you put in a ticket for 8 times?

85%^8= 27.24% chance that you end up getting nothing. That's not a guaranteed win at all.
Hence the word almost in the post you quoted.