• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

DeletedUser38090

A 3/4 change of winning sounds pretty good to me. You got better odds going on somewhere else?
3/4ths chance is pretty good, but unless if there is a good amount in the florins pool, I'd wait a few more hours so I could get that down to around 5/6ths, or even higher if I collect from the quest when my hourly tickets reach the maximum.

DeletedUser6120

carnival18_separator.png

Your feedback is always very important to us, so don't forget to comment here in this thread! Please also don't forget to follow us on Instagram for a chance to win extra Florins during the event!

Yours,
The Forge of Empires Team

I have loved previous Carnival events because of the special buildings. However, I think that this event will not be a good one. In the previous events you had a really good chance of getting all the buildings. But in this one, you are trying to get five new buildings, plus get the upgrades for each one! Now I regularly buy diamonds to make playing in special events better, but I think that this one is way too big of a diamond grab. You have a decent chance of getting one or two of the new buildings, but all five? What is the chance of that? and then getting, not just one upgrade, but five? Unless That means you have to hit it lucky ten times. How many "chests" will you have to open for that? Dozens? a hundred? Even for a player like me, who does spend diamonds during special events, that seems like way too much money to spend.

I have noticed that the designers seem to do that a lot. They try something new, something that works and that players like. (for example the special buildings sets, or ones with several "stages" of building, or the multiple upgrades) Then they do it again and again, making more and more stages and upgrades needed to be able to the the best prize, until they get to the point where the idea runs right off the rails. When the best prize gets way to hard and too expensive for a lot of players to get, people get discouraged and stop playing. Yes, I understand that this kind of thing is where the designers make money, but I think they need to tone it down a little, not be so greedy. Keep the contest do-able for a lot of players. Dangle the idea that by buying some diamonds, you can get the best prizes. That makes players more likely to buy. But when you make the contest so hard that it is apparent that you need to spend a lot of money to get the best prizes, you defeat your own purpose, because a lot of people stop buying. It is no fun getting a partial set of special buildings---or only being able to get enough upgrades to just upgrade a couple of buildings in the set. And since the game most often never offers the buildings or upgrades again after the special event is over, it leaves you with no way to improve it.

DeletedUser

From the official announcement:

"To avoid you losing out on the accumulated Florins in one of the games, the Neighborhood will not change during the whole event."

DeletedUser26656

i went for the pizza fountain. as i wanted to build 2 complete sets. bought w/ diamonds 10,000 florins.
just for the pizza fountain alone i spent 5,000+ just for 1.... what a rip off!
now will just go for 1 set! most other player will get blown out and not be able to get a pizza fountain thus forget about the even entirely.
feel like we were duped !! now wonder if i can even get one set... off to a very bad start..
please correct this mess 5,000+ florins is way to much for any 1 piece

RazorbackPirate

i went for the pizza fountain. as i wanted to build 2 complete sets. bought w/ diamonds 10,000 florins.
now will just go for 1 set! most other player will get blown out and not be able to get a pizza fountain thus forget about the even entirely.
feel like we were duped !! now wonder if i can even get one set... off to a very bad start..
What chests did you buy? How many chests did you buy? What is the average % chance per florin of the chest that you bought?

Like past events, the chests with the highest % chance overall, have the lowest % chance per florin.

DeletedUser29726

I will have to disagree.
So the 15% chance game has two options: you win the game for a 15% chance, or you lose the game for a 85% chance. So then the question becomes, how likely is it for you to lose every single time you put in a ticket for 8 times?

85%^8= 27.24% chance that you end up getting nothing. That's not an almost guaranteed win at all.

It's called expectation value. You're going to have many many attempts at dumping your tickets over the event. Sure sometimes you win nothing. But on average you do better than the guaranteed 10 game by playing the 15% game starting from a high number of tickets. The 5% game if it hasn't already been run up for you you need something like 50+ tickets for it to pull ahead of playing the 15% game though.

DeletedUser38138

I spent a lot of diamonds also to get the Colossus. I was new to the game and was not sure the best way to get the Colossus without spending diamonds.

Maybe don't open the chests right away. Pause 15 minutes or so in between attempts. Try a different strategy in opening your chests. I got the fountain and upgrade just after one attempt. But I opened the chests at least two hours into the offering period because I was accumulating a big stash of florins first through the quests. I am not buying diamonds for this event. Its ok if I don't get all the set buildings.

At first I was not going to try for the set because it takes up so much space in my space restricted city. I don't want to advance yet to Middle Ages til I get some GBs. It could take a year maybe. I am in no rush. I can always keep the set in my inventory. Good Luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

Maybe don't open the chests right away. Pause 15 minutes or so in between attempts. Try a different strategy in opening your chests. I got the fountain and upgrade just after one attempt. But I opened the chests at least two hours into the offering period because I was accumulating a big stash of florins first through the quests.
Unless if you know that chest daily special probabilities can increase if you open once every 15 minutes, there really is no need to pause 15 minutes. The only strategy I would recommend is finding chests with the lowest florin/percent chance. Even when you go for the lowest florin/percent chance and have an average of 25 florins per percent, your expected amount of florins (note: average) to get a daily special is 2500. You'll only need to get 3 more buildings to complete the set if you do all of the quests in the questline.

DeletedUser9477

Whomever posted that this events building sets look like a new version of the Cherry Blossoms Sets is 100% correct. In fact I'm pretty sure the CB sets as upgraded to level 2 are better than anything coming outa this event. That is the reason that I am passing on this event for all 3 of my cities.

When they give us special buildings from past events and say they are level 1, there is the implication that there will be a level 2. We've had several events since the level 1 palaces and fountains, yet no more levels. That's disappointing.

danlgraw

Just spent 3000 carnival coins to win the special prize. I thought it was the Fountain Building, but it was the upgrade, why give the upgrade before you offer the building. Thanks inno. sad face

DeletedUser38090

Whomever posted that this events building sets look like a new version of the Cherry Blossoms Sets is 100% correct. In fact I'm pretty sure the CB sets as upgraded to level 2 are better than anything coming outa this event. That is the reason that I am passing on this event for all 3 of my cities.
FP production and goods production are higher in the Piazza than the CB at level 2 for both sets. Besides, why are you trying to miss out on stuff that maximizes FP production? 8 forge points for 20 spaces is a really good deal.

Just spent 3000 carnival coins to win the special prize. I thought it was the Fountain Building, but it was the upgrade, why give the upgrade before you offer the building. Thanks inno. sad face
I don't know what server you were playing on, but the fountain building was given in the rotation right before the fountain building upgrade was. You might have been asleep at the time.

Graviton

Remember that the prizes recur, so the building will come back around. As Mandy pointed out, it appeared as a prize overnight (for me anyway) and I missed it too but I'll get it next time.

So far so good this morning, though; out of seven cities I nabbed the Fountain upgrade on six of 'em. In every Event there always seems to be one of my worlds where all the bad luck lives.

Brunenjii

This event is the worst I have seen yet. It is not dependent on skill like the others, but merely luck. And the special changing every few hours makes is easy to miss something you want. Not that there is much to want from this event. The worst is that you can spend lots of diamonds and still come up empty handed.

Yes, this is definitely my least favourite event so far. You gamble with your tickets and if you win, you win a chance to gamble on something else. Layered gambling isn't my idea of fun. I'm not going for the set anyway, so I'll just stick to the 10 florin guarantee, and try to come out of this event with a few more SoKs.

danlgraw

FP production and goods production are higher in the Piazza than the CB at level 2 for both sets. Besides, why are you trying to miss out on stuff that maximizes FP production? 8 forge points for 20 spaces is a really good deal.

I don't know what server you were playing on, but the fountain building was given in the rotation right before the fountain building upgrade was. You might have been asleep at the time.
Thats what happened. I guess I will have to stay awake.

DeletedUser5111

You didn't have to. The key was to log in every day and not only spend them on the Gold Players.

Wrong, the key was to mostly get the bronze players. Several players put up spreadsheets proving that you get the most efficient mileage from some of the lower cost players.

I think someone also made a spreadsheet of the most cost efficient chests if you wanted a set piece.