• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Carnival 2019 Feedback

Kesto11

9340 florins spent, utilizing the best florins/% ratio, and only two prizes won. These percentages are absolute garbage and seems to be a rather huge waste of time and effort for many players who get the shaft with the RNG. This reminds me of the Fall Event, where I won 1 Daily Special after completing the entire questline and using all ingredients.

We will see how the rest of the event plays out, but so far I've spent a crapload of florins and gotten jack in return. At this point, I do not expect I will get a Level 2 set, considering at this rate, even spending 30k total florins may only net me 6 wins. Maybe.

At least I anticipated such terrible results from reading the Beta forums. The sad part is it doesn't look like Inno even changed anything from Beta to Live after being lambasted. Plenty of people had similar or worse results on Beta, so good luck everyone.

4260 florins spent, also using the best ratios for the set pieces and 0 set pieces won. I really hate this event; not because of the prizes which are decent but because you can do everything right and come up short. I'll keep trying, but it is just luck. :( Definitely not motivated by this event.

Super Catanian

Should I create a new thread in the Forge Hall to keep track of my individual progress in the Carnival Event, or can I post them here? Just asking.

DeletedUser38138

I am in the Silver League at 7240. If I can stay there I will at least have a full set of the buildings at level 1 and at least one upgrade of one building. I don't even have enough space yet in my city for this set.

I have 3 of the 6 buildings so far with an upgrade on the fountain. I spend my last 3000 florins trying to get the Piazza Home upgrade and failed . I guess my luck is running out in obtaining more special buildings. I am on quest 27 so far.

If I can be disciplined enough not to bet on the boat or goblets and stay only on the hammer I can have an additional 4800 florins to spend besides what the other quests generate. Hopefully this will be enough to keep me in the Silver League.

I have to admit I spent 30 diamonds because I got stuck in the quest with solving the 5 GE negotiations without losing, The other option was defeating 24 units which I did not want to do because it would take days with the constant building up my army after depletion. I was just impatient.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Should I create a new thread in the Forge Hall to keep track of my individual progress in the Carnival Event, or can I post them here? Just asking.
The purpose of this thread is feedback on the event itself, and I don't think individual progress updates are necessarily relevant to that. (And yes, I know that a lot of what is posted here isn't necessarily relevant feedback, but you asked. :))

Super Catanian

Last edited:

DeletedUser28147

Well, that's twice I've won from the 5% game so far but it looks like the people in my hood are pretty smart, not see the totals go up a lot.

Zatrikon

My current game wins:

12 for 82 on the 15% game = actual percentage 14.6%
5 for 88 on the 5% game = actual percentage 5.68%

I was, and have always been skeptical about the claimed chances of winning, but now that I'm actually tracking them, I see that they're actually correct.

DeletedUser34410

I've been playing for three or four years now, and this is easily the stupidest, most painful event I have ever encountered. You have a minuscule chance at getting florins and then what's basically a zero percent chance at getting the "8 hour special" ... and we need ten of these? And not just a collection of ten, but ten individual items? So we have to be watching the prize box like a hawk, we have to be lucky on our pulls, and we have to be lucky on our florin games? Are you kidding?

This "game" has made me want to quit more than anything else you've ever given us.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38090

I've been playing for three or four years now, and this is easily the stupidest, most painful event I have ever encountered. You have a minuscule chance at getting florins and then what's basically a zero percent chance at getting the "8 hour special" ... and we need ten of these? And not just a collection of ten, but ten individual items? So we have to be watching the prize box like a hawk, we have to be lucky on our pulls, and we have to be lucky on our florin games? Are you kidding?

This "game" has made me want to quit more than anything else you've ever given us.

You only need 5 pieces in total to complete the set, and it's FP production at all set pieces at level 1 is 4 fp, which is not super terrible, especially with the other boosts. Just two more upgrades on any of the FP producing buildings and you have something that is more efficient than an area occupied by Shrines of Knowledge, so really all you need is 7 pieces. Quest rewards give you two pieces already, and getting in Bronze, which is not that hard, gives you 1 extra piece, so really all you need is to get 4 pieces from the chests to make a competitive set, or just 2 pieces to make a complete set.

DeletedUser34800

This event is garbage. Worst event Inno puts out by far.

Winning Florins sucks. Chances are terrible. Winning the daily special sucks. Chances are absolutely awful, especially when combined with the low florin income and high chest cost. Watching for the daily special is obnoxious.

This will be the first event I don't bother to complete. I won't be bothering with the quest line to finish. Terrible event.

Over 40 tries at the 5% game. Many of them I doubled. I waited for larger jackpots (400+). 0 wins. 5% my ass.

Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible event. What was the objective here? Pissing off large swaths of the userbase? If so, congratulations! Mission Accomplished!

DeletedUser35506

It is the first carnival event for me and it's ok. All I wanted was renovation kits and as I managed to win quite a number of them I am happy. Even though I am not interested in the event set I would be glad to get it to level 2.

DeletedUser36020

I feel guilty typing this...

With no diamonds spent I have completed the level 1 set, and have one upgrade toward the piazza homes.
I've been mostly targeting the middle 15% option when I have 8+ tickets and the pool is inflated a bit.

I have definitely gotten lucky. I got two of the specials so far on the first try. And one or two more on the first 4 tries. I also spent about 4000 florins on one of the other upgrades they offered but did not receive it.

There are things to like about this event. But, aside from my very good luck so far, they are few and far between. The numbers are simply just too low. I understand the 5% option being very low, as it is supposed to be the very hard bet, but even 15% seems just too low for the middle option. Then, in terms of florin cost to chest, the percent chances for the daily specials are just too low. At an average odds of 10% per chest, it is just too low. People shouldn't be spending over 7000 florins and getting nothing- as I've heard some of my guildmates do.

I personally like the every 6 hour changing special. And 6 hours is just long enough to ensure you can get in on it, but not so long that it feels like they are hanging around too long.

DeletedUser35550

This event runs for almost a month. The hood changes every two weeks, so most likely we are switching hoods.
we didn't last year or in Beta this year, so I believe we stay in the hood because the games are tied to the neighborhoods

DeletedUser35550

Yay! I just won the entire Piazza building set. Hope you guys don't get jealous. Let me flex it right now:
20151208_thrillist_ned_002-2-1.jpg
ROFLMAO!

Algona

Worst event Inno puts out by far.
Terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible, terrible event.
the stupidest, most painful event I have ever encountered.
I really hate this event;

Agreed. Almost, see below. I picked this sample from this one page of this one thread.

5 (inlcuding me) players hating on this Event.

This is an awful Event, but is it the worst? No. It's tied for the worst, last years Carnival was the same Event with the same sort of feedback:

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/carnival-2018-feedback.21843/

INNO what were you thinking running this again?

I know, hoping to hook the whales you missed last year. I hope it's worth it. I guess we'll find out next year.