• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Changelog 1.79 Feedback

DeletedUser

While I feel the troop cost of seiges is detrimental to lower guilds and players, I could actually live with that one.
The 96 hour rule is okay
My problem comes in with not being able to cap a sector or even release it and attack another guild who seiges it. These are both valuable defensive moves in GvG. If I have a guild coming at me who's seige cost is 10 or 20 or 30 goods perseige and my seige cost is 800 or more I need to be able to release a sector and then wear their troops down by attacking their seige before I go spend 800 goods per seige to try to kick them out, keeping in mind that battles often involve many seiges per sector.
Sheilding is a critical part of defense as well, perhaps you can limit it to one release and reseige if the point farming is such a concern, i mean they can still farm 1 seige if they want anyway if they time it right (drop right before recalc and seige after)
In short, troop cost alone would slow almost completely the point farming because they would eventually run out of champs (except the most advanced players) The rest of this change was completely unnecessary.

Basically there are 3 of you in this thread blaming the game for trash strategy. My guild on D was brand new when gvg began, against people who had been playing for a year. We used teamwork and planning *gasp*. We moved through tech, but targeted maps where we could get maximum participation in fighting. We had a solid core of farmers who organized and donated huge amounts of goods. If you went 4 sectors in from shoreline before setting up land, you would always see a ghost coming and be ready to defend against it. Especially now, destroying sieges means something.

Shielding was only ever meant to give guilds enough time to put in defensive armies and retrain their soldiers. It wasnt meant to be a crutch for people who cannot organize their guilds well enough to take on larger targets. Small guilds shouldnt expect to maintain large numbers of sectors, and honestly they dont have to. 7-10 sectors on each map is all any smaller guild should plan on. Its good enough to keep you in the top 20, keep the guild leveling, and be manageable for your treasury. Sorry all these "experienced" players cant figure this stuff out

lemonwedgie

ok i am tired of this bull poop

if you idiots that think these changes are bad are so upset then write proposals to change them. Unless you know they'll get shot down which im pretty sure they would.

On the free sieges:

When this change was implemented it was immediately voted down by the players. this change helps small and less advanced guilds. You apparently have not seen what i've seen. Where more advanced guilds simply continuously siege smaller guild that dare to defy them.

On the 96 hour rule. The gvg point farming is out of control. Hood terrorization isn't good enough anymore. Fighting in the hood helps strengthen the player base and would weed out peeps who think these changes are bad.

Now i do wish that the protection was completely removed from reset, but it will take inno time to realize that this is the way to go. Hell it took them 2 years to undo the horror of the free sieges.

Lol this is what I find amusing ... un-doing the free sieges was not a proposal or request by players, Inno just did it without warning claiming "it was too confusing for players, loading a siege army" most pathetic excuse I have ever heard ... and you are correct, it was immediately criticised by the players and something we have been trying to reverse ... took 2yrs ...

I hear you on protection ... 24hrs of it? Although I think 2 shield drops would work, 12hrs apart.

lemonwedgie

Basically there are 3 of you in this thread blaming the game for trash strategy. My guild on D was brand new when gvg began, against people who had been playing for a year. We used teamwork and planning *gasp*. We moved through tech, but targeted maps where we could get maximum participation in fighting. We had a solid core of farmers who organized and donated huge amounts of goods. If you went 4 sectors in from shoreline before setting up land, you would always see a ghost coming and be ready to defend against it. Especially now, destroying sieges means something.

Shielding was only ever meant to give guilds enough time to put in defensive armies and retrain their soldiers. It wasnt meant to be a crutch for people who cannot organize their guilds well enough to take on larger targets. Small guilds shouldnt expect to maintain large numbers of sectors, and honestly they dont have to. 7-10 sectors on each map is all any smaller guild should plan on. Its good enough to keep you in the top 20, keep the guild leveling, and be manageable for your treasury. Sorry all these "experienced" players cant figure this stuff out

^^^^^ This ....

DeletedUser26406

ok i am tired of this bull poop

if you idiots that think these changes are bad are so upset then write proposals to change them. Unless you know they'll get shot down which im pretty sure they would.

On the free sieges:

When this change was implemented it was immediately voted down by the players. this change helps small and less advanced guilds. You apparently have not seen what i've seen. Where more advanced guilds simply continuously siege smaller guild that dare to defy them.

On the 96 hour rule. The gvg point farming is out of control. Hood terrorization isn't good enough anymore. Fighting in the hood helps strengthen the player base and would weed out peeps who think these changes are bad.

Now i do wish that the protection was completely removed from reset, but it will take inno time to realize that this is the way to go. Hell it took them 2 years to undo the horror of the free sieges.
I have been using this forum for the last few day. It has been made clear anyone can submit a proposal and that most proposals dont have any affect on the developers, Its made clear they will do as they see fit regaurdless of proposals. I was told that this thread is the proper thread for me to complain and be heard by the developers and thats what im doing. THESE CHANGES SUCK DEVELOPERS OF FoE! IF YOU WANT ANY OF MY MONEY EVER AGAIN YOU HAVE TO UNDO THESE HORRIBLE CHANGES YOU MADE.

lemonwedgie

THESE CHANGES SUCK DEVELOPERS OF FoE! IF YOU WANT ANY OF MY MONEY EVER AGAIN YOU HAVE TO UNDO THESE HORRIBLE CHANGES YOU MADE.

But the no-siege-army was a change ... a change that we all hated and they have finally un-done it ... so do you want them to un-do the un-do?

DeletedUser22610

Let us hear your thoughts, concerns, suggestions and feedback for Changelog 1.79.

Your Forge of Empires Team
I have played this game going on 2 years now. With your change where you have to use your troops to lay a siege you have destroyed the smaller guilds chances of playing Gvg. Now whenever a seige is placed against the higher guilds they just use their rouges to knock you out. There is no chance to stay in a battle long enouph to take a sector down and you can no longer fight in multiple ages. So FOE has basically made the larger guilds who already hold most of the sectors in every age even stronger. Fighting to stop a seige is easy with all the rouges they have but to take a sector is impossable unless you have 3 or 4 people in your guild who just have nothing but racks and racks of fighters to lose. This has unfairly made the game for the higher age guilds. the lower age guilds are now the food for the bigger guilds. They just just stand in the highest ages and get stronger and then come to the lower ages to make their points daily.

I am a founder of a top 10 guild in S world, there I have been eliminated off the top 30 list now. This is because the Top guilds now come to PE and below to fight as they no longer fight in the top levels of the game. I have never been in a game where the rules change in the middle and that seems fair to anyone. I invested a lot of time and money into this game and am planning to leave it along with many others who have been cheated by FOE. The new people who join this game won't know how they will be nothing more than the meal for the high age players and guilds. But I as well as many other will be starting blogs to let eveyone know just how much FOE cheated it's long time players who have fought hard to catch up to the bigger guilds and spent lots of money as well. Shame on you FOE, Your game is now rigged for the top guilds only. I truely hope you will wake up soon before your game becomes just another flash in the pan. Your long time players will leave when they realize you were only about saving the money you needed to fix your server problems. Shame on YOU!!

lemonwedgie

I have played this game going on 2 years now. With your change where you have to use your troops to lay a siege you have destroyed the smaller guilds chances of playing Gvg.

Thats funny ... cuz when we originally needed troops to lay a siege I was in a small "weak" guild ... we worked hard, organised and became one of those "large" guilds that ppl complain about ...

DeletedUser22610

Actually my guild is a mid sized one on D world, that has been very active over the years training and replacing gvg fighters, so that we always have a decent punch. I took my own advice, and when we decided to take on top guilds, created alliances to share fighters with other mid sized guilds. My philosophy with gvg is that there are no entitlements. Each guild gets as much land as it is strong enough to hold at that moment. If you cant hold much, then dont have any expectations that should be able to, and play the diplomacy game. GvG is supposed to involve strategy and organization within each guild, and among the many. I believe this is a very good change that will force the people effected by it the most, the small gvg guilds, to change their approach or lose. I think that is how it should be.

The probllem with your thoughts are that the small guilds who wish to attack a big guild no longer have a chance. the big guild just attacks their sieges with thier rouges and waists their fighters making this a big guld game only. The big guilds use this as a tactic to feed on all smaller guilds without fighting guilds their own size. Eliminating any small guild to participate in the game. I was a top 10 guild in S worl until One big guild decided we were the meal in the lower gaes they could attack without reprisal. It was bad enouph they were in the higher ages where they could hole thier land but rather than fight people in thier ages they came to PE and lower to feed on us. They could neve have done this before since we could go take the war to them but now we have to have several fighters make up tons of racks to seige with and they just use their rouges to kill off all the seiges we can put up before we can win a sector. before we could seige and reseige at will and have a faur fight but with the cheaters from FOE changing the rules of what was a fair game. we are getting out of gvg. We will not be the food for the large guilds. and FOE will no longer get our money

DeletedUser22610

You are SUPPOSED to have multiple fighters! That's the entire point. 5 or 6 people were never meant to be able to challenge a large guild with the sector manipulation and endless sieges that are common now. This will be restoring balance, not breaking it. If smaller guilds wanna take on the big kids, they need to buddy up and share fighters, or merge
Awcrap: The point is this we have 20 fighters full time and well able to bring it. But now we are limited to only working in 1 age. because you need racks and racks of fighters to lay a seige. So while we work in one age the big guilds are working way below thier ages and fighting in ages where the new people should be able to fight. Whay even bother fighting a guild who just wants to feed on the lower ages. If the guild is all damond palyers TE and above what are they doing spenof=ding all their time in the lower ages. because it's easy pickings and they are afraid to fight someone in thoer own levels. This was stopped by the guilds who took them on and kicked thier butts in the lower ages but now having to lay a seige with your own fighters limits even the strong lower age guilds for a fair cometition

lemonwedgie

The probllem with your thoughts are that the small guilds who wish to attack a big guild no longer have a chance. the big guild just attacks their sieges with thier rouges and waists their fighters making this a big guld game only. The big guilds use this as a tactic to feed on all smaller guilds without fighting guilds their own size.

No ... as I said, we were in the small guild category once ... the big guilds can't flick your sieges if they don't notice it. Try out different times of day, if your siege is spotted make sure you replace your siege quickly before they can replace defenders, go in with at least 5 heavy hitters for a fully defended sector ... it CAN be done and there are plenty of players here (myself being one) who are more than willing to advise.

qaccy

As a general rule, I try not to complain here. Issues have come and gone and, whether I like the changes or not, I love the game and so I learn to adjust.

But the changes made to GvG recently... Are y'all TRYING to kill this game?!?

To the gripers who inspired these changes: Adjust or move on.

1. Don't like that you got plundered? FoE isn't going to change the hoods. Collect on time.
2. Don't like that someone is catching and releasing a sector to get point? Deal with it. Do the same. Battle on your Quest map, PvP, GE or just join the Fighters in your guild and build tower points for yourself. Stop worrying what everyone else is doing.
3. Don't like that peeps aren't mp'ing your city? Build a Cult Building.
4. Don't like that your GBs aren't leveling? Join a GB Club.
5. Don't like that other guilds are attacking your sectors? Watch your sectors and battle the sieges.

There are strategies each of us can put into place to deal with anything that comes up as we all play the game.

In other words, stop griping. If you don't like the way others play, maybe this game isn't for you.

As you proceed to gripe yourself. To re-state your own post, stop griping. Adjust or move on. If you don't like the changes, maybe this game isn't for you. :)

You offer 'solutions' to a few 'problems' in the game, but when there's something you consider to be a problem, rather than following your own advice you proceed to whine about it yourself like the people you're mocking. I still support these changes, because they point towards bringing GvG back to a more 'traditional' state of two armies clashing together, rather than throwing up endless free phantom armies on one side (sieges not requiring troops), and impervious walls on the other (reshielding). That's not war, that's exploiting loopholes and subverting actual combat in favor of them. If you think that's fun, you could always go download StarCraft and activate some cheat codes since you apparently aren't a fan of two-sided battles.

DeletedUser

Awcrap: The point is this we have 20 fighters full time and well able to bring it. But now we are limited to only working in 1 age. because you need racks and racks of fighters to lay a seige. So while we work in one age the big guilds are working way below thier ages and fighting in ages where the new people should be able to fight. Whay even bother fighting a guild who just wants to feed on the lower ages. If the guild is all damond palyers TE and above what are they doing spenof=ding all their time in the lower ages. because it's easy pickings and they are afraid to fight someone in thoer own levels. This was stopped by the guilds who took them on and kicked thier butts in the lower ages but now having to lay a seige with your own fighters limits even the strong lower age guilds for a fair cometition
Thomas I feel your pain man. Every map we did for the first 5 maps, we would get set up, and then the #3 guild at the time came and ghosted us. Happened every single time. As I have advised before, set up a large stack of goods for an age, like 10k or more of each, and then everyone jams rax in their cities. Big guilds might have a lot of rogues, but they dont want to spend them all fighting in PE and below. If your team works together to kill sieges they place, and takes a sector back here and there, and then just keep on doing it, the big guilds will eventually give up. I know because thats how we got most of our maps, making people sick to death of fighting us.

DeletedUser25166

Thomas from DS complaining that's funny. Your problem is you and your ghost guilds are not able to hand off tiles like before.
Changes are fine. You just allied with the wrong guilds.
WTP got tired of you and your ghost guilds and that's why you got wiped off maps.

DeletedUser26406

But the no-siege-army was a change ... a change that we all hated and they have finally un-done it ... so do you want them to un-do the un-do?
I didnt hate it. As a matter of fact only 36 people voted to change it back. Id hardly call it a change we all hated.

DeletedUser20367

The probllem with your thoughts are that the small guilds who wish to attack a big guild no longer have a chance. the big guild just attacks their sieges with thier rouges and waists their fighters making this a big guld game only. The big guilds use this as a tactic to feed on all smaller guilds without fighting guilds their own size. Eliminating any small guild to participate in the game. I was a top 10 guild in S worl until One big guild decided we were the meal in the lower gaes they could attack without reprisal. It was bad enouph they were in the higher ages where they could hole thier land but rather than fight people in thier ages they came to PE and lower to feed on us. They could neve have done this before since we could go take the war to them but now we have to have several fighters make up tons of racks to seige with and they just use their rouges to kill off all the seiges we can put up before we can win a sector. before we could seige and reseige at will and have a faur fight but with the cheaters from FOE changing the rules of what was a fair game. we are getting out of gvg. We will not be the food for the large guilds. and FOE will no longer get our money

If the big Guilds are coming down and feeding on the lower Ages they have to set sieges and their Rogues won't help with that. Attack their sieges and make them use up their non-Rogue troops.

DeletedUser18851

Here's a better question regarding GvG....

Who cares anyway? It's so bugged it's not even fun to play anymore.

You can't even visit two different era maps before freezing up. You can't place a siege or place a defending army without flash crashing.
You can't load up your unattatched unit pool on the AA map in a reasonable amount of time (I have 5k troops).

Bottom line?

GvG is broken anyway, who gives a crap what they do to the rules.. nobody is playing anyway.

Good job, Inno. This is your grave.

lemonwedgie

I didnt hate it. As a matter of fact only 36 people voted to change it back. Id hardly call it a change we all hated.

Do you realise how many players don't even realise there is a forum? lol ... I am not talking about the 36 people who voted ... I dip in and out of the forum, there have been plenty of proposals that I have missed but would have voted on .... I base my feedback on the community - talking with your guild members, friends, global chat .... not the forum.

lemonwedgie

Here's a better question regarding GvG....

Who cares anyway? It's so bugged it's not even fun to play anymore.

You can't even visit two different era maps before freezing up. You can't place a siege or place a defending army without flash crashing.
You can't load up your unattatched unit pool on the AA map in a reasonable amount of time (I have 5k troops).

Bottom line?

GvG is broken anyway, who gives a crap what they do to the rules.. nobody is playing anyway.

Good job, Inno. This is your grave.

Which is why they are pushing GE so hard and coming out with new shiney things for it .... to try and pull people away from GvG and lessen the load which *Inno says fingers crossed!* will help with the lag ... you know, rather than actually fix it ;)

DeletedUser8902

I have been playing FoE for 4 years. Im on C,D,E,F and M world. I have never posted in the forum before. I have always rolled with whatever the developers chose to do. The changes you have recently made are horrible. The fact that you need to have troops to lay siege in GvG is the worst. Being able to set sieges for your guild when you were not of that age was a great way for new GvGers to learn the ropes and feel like they were contributing in battle. You have now taken that away. Stupid of you.
Being able to use many different styles in GvG such as "ghosting" and "farming points"" was what made FoE so unique compared to other games available to us players to play. You have now eliminated that and it is a horrible idea too. You developers cater to the traditional style GvG players and have now given a gift to the "land Barons".
I will never spend another cent on this game unless you undo these changes. Im feel im losing interest in this game all together if this is how it is going to be moving forward. Its too bad that you developers felt you had to screw up GvG. I have played for almost 4 years i think and it sucks that i have invested my time and money into a game that just takes a big dump on you to cater to the large land barons.
I have been a loyal player and pretty big spender. NO MORE!
Agreed. you have to remember 80 bucks a months adds up. I refuse to spend any more also until you undo those gvg changes. Ghosting keeps players and huilds in the fair. someone that wants to collect 14 million points on farming and ghosting should. What's the point of running toi the finish when when we get there, you cite, new rule, you have to wait for the slower players to catch up, regardless of what you spend?

DeletedUser13942

Do you realise how many players don't even realise there is a forum? lol ... I am not talking about the 36 people who voted ... I dip in and out of the forum, there have been plenty of proposals that I have missed but would have voted on .... I base my feedback on the community - talking with your guild members, friends, global chat .... not the forum.
Agree completely, I learned early to watch what the forum warriors are up to, I guess I missed this one as did most of the people I play with daily